HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

09-10 Canucks Injury Status

Old
04-07-2010, 04:41 PM
ChemicalHansen

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ChemicalHansen
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
There's part of me that wonders if the Canucks shouldn't just keep Willie away from the team entirely. A lot of old school football coaches have this mentality. You don't want him around because the players start thinking "If only Willie were here" or "I can't wait for Willie to come back." If there's only a slim chance of him even returning, it might be better to keep him away to make the message clear that this is their team until the end.
On one hand, it might leave a sour taste on Mitchell come negotiation time.

Then again, he may not remember any of it.

ChemicalHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
He hasn't skated in months.
He has skated. Cautiously optimistic would describe both sides. Media is so in the dark on this - essentially speculation just grows off of itself. No one really knows what is going on. Mitchell has been slowly upping workout intensity with no setbacks.

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
It makes sense to keep potential playoff opponents in the dark about Mitchell's status match up wise...

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Tleve

Thanks Banana phone! Coming from you, this is excellent news!!! ... and good to see you back around these parts!

Tleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Zanon

Who remembers that Game 1 vs. Dallas when Kesler suited up to play. No one would have guessed it. Now, was he practicing with the team leading up to the playoffs? I don't remember. It was quite a surprise nonetheless, though.

Zanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Kid_Roll

No offense to Elliott Pap, but if the media in this town has taught me anything, it's to not trust them too much. So as dire as it is that Mitchell looked "pretty bad" when Pap talked to him, I am not going to pay much attention to that.

It could still end up with Mitchell not coming back this season, but it just kind of makes me laugh that a reporter sees Mitchell and just puts out a one liner of him not looking so good. Why even bother with what. I don't put too much stock in that observation. Maybe Willie was hung over after a night out with O'Brien, maybe he just finished riding a bike, maybe Willie gets nauseous at the sight of Pap, who knows.

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
No offense to Elliott Pap, but if the media in this town has taught me anything, it's to not trust them too much. So as dire as it is that Mitchell looked "pretty bad" when Pap talked to him, I am not going to pay much attention to that.
Actually, Elliott Papp is the House of Vancouver Media. Such amazing medical skill to diagnose the progress someone has made (or not made) with a concussions just by looking at them. He's wasting an obvious gift by writing for the paper when he should be out being a medical genius.

Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post

It could still end up with Mitchell not coming back this season, but it just kind of makes me laugh that a reporter sees Mitchell and just puts out a one liner of him not looking so good. Why even bother with what. I don't put too much stock in that observation. Maybe Willie was hung over after a night out with O'Brien, maybe he just finished riding a bike, maybe Willie gets nauseous at the sight of Pap, who knows.
If it was just Pap reporting this then perhaps - but thus far all the recent reports doubt that Mitchell will return this season.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

The thing is, ALL of the recent reports are based on the same thing - speculation.

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana phone View Post
The thing is, ALL of the recent reports are based on the same thing - speculation.
Or information from the team?

Upon what source do you base your claim that Mitchell will be ready for the post-season?

Old
04-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Soth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Or information from the team?

Upon what source do you base your claim that Mitchell will be ready for the post-season?
I dunno about Banana, but personally I saw a shooting star last night and Mitchell coming back was my wish - so we should be all good I think.

Soth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soth View Post
I dunno about Banana, but personally I saw a shooting star last night and Mitchell coming back was my wish - so we should be all good I think.
I usually have such epiphanies after several wee drams.

Old
04-08-2010, 06:24 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
I usually have such epiphanies after several wee drams.
wee or wet?

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
wee or wet?
When one speaks of the nectar of the gods (aka single malt scotch) it is always wee drams as my sainted Grandmother used to say with her Scottish burr.

http://www.johnstoa.co.uk/weedram.htm

Old
04-08-2010, 06:46 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
When one speaks of the nectar of the gods (aka single malt scotch) it is always wee drams as my sainted Grandmother used to say with her Scottish burr.

Ah I see.

Added to my vocab...

Old
04-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Tleve

Quote:
Banana aka. the poster formerly known as Hanky Four Fingers has been pretty darn good with info in the past.

Old
04-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Tleve

Quote:

As long as it's many wee drams with no ice, Laphroaig or Lagavulin preferably.

Old
04-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Soth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleve View Post
Banana aka. the poster formerly known as Hanky Four Fingers has been pretty darn good with info in the past.
That's cool - I hope he is right. Looks like the sharks may have eaten two more of our D-men. It is almost like our team is cursed sometimes. Hope SOB and Rome are not out for long. Good thing they rested Salo, who knows what would have happened to him tonight.

Soth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 02:41 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
That's cool - I hope he is right. Looks like the sharks may have eaten two more of our D-men. It is almost like our team is cursed sometimes. Hope SOB and Rome are not out for long. Good thing they rested Salo, who knows what would have happened to him tonight.
He might have ended up in a hockey-induced coma.

Old
04-09-2010, 03:16 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
I've been wondering that myself too. I mean, what are the chances?? Ehrhoff gets injured, then possibly O'Brien... and now Rome as well? All in the span of 3 games! Seriously, WTF?

vanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Libor Polasek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleve View Post
As long as it's many wee drams with no ice, Laphroaig or Lagavulin preferably.
The Laphroaig Quarter Cask is top notch! My go-to dram is Glenfiddich 15 (Solera Reserve), since it's delicious and I can find it just about anywhere.

Libor Polasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Rick Sanchez
Wub a lub a dub dub

Any updates on SOB or Rome?

Edit- Why is there a separate injury thread on our depth dmen and why is this injury thread filled with talk about hooch (albeit, very good hooch.)

Last edited by Rick Sanchez: 04-09-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Rick Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:34 PM
xtr3m

People like to make threads. This is the main one.

I would expect some news around 3pm, when practice ends.

Last edited by xtr3m: 04-09-2010 at 02:37 PM.
xtr3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libor Polasek View Post
The Laphroaig Quarter Cask is top notch! My go-to dram is Glenfiddich 15 (Solera Reserve), since it's delicious and I can find it just about anywhere.
A little too much iodine and peat for my taste with too dry a finish in the Laphroaig Quarter Cask. But then I have never been a big fan of Islay whiskeys. A couple of friends who are cigar aficondos claim that this is the best whiskey to go with a cigar. Since I do not smoke cigars...

The Glenfiddich 15 (Solera Reserve) is a little too light for a Speyside - I find The Macallan 12 year Old a better dram. Where this whiskey shines is the nose but it does not match the taste on the palate. I think the multi-casking does not come through in taste only in aroma.

Mind you the Glenfiddich 15 is leaps and bounds ahead of Glenfiddich 12 year old but still not IMHO in the same class as The Macallan 12 year old. It lacks the subtlety of The Macallan. A friend of mine who is huge Speyside fan pronounces it bland and uninteresting. I am not sure I would go that far but I will stay with The Macallan.

To each their own Scotch.

Old
04-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
Any updates on SOB or Rome?

Edit- Why is there a separate injury thread on our depth dmen and why is this injury thread filled with talk about hooch (albeit, very good hooch.)
Dulls the pain of the constant news of injuries.

Slainte. Here's tae ye