HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

09-10 Canucks Injury Status

Old
05-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Bieksallent

vCash: 500
Yeah, Cherry has said it several times that when a guy is out, he prefers them to stay away so the team doesn't get the feeling of "if only he were playing..." I understand that, but why hasn't there been any press releases or interviews. It's like he's some dirty little secret the team is hiding in the closet.

Bieksallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Slapshot_11

I guess banana phone's sources were wrong

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Kesler + Burrows both have major surgery

http://www.canuckscentral.com/forums...howtopic=15046

(She is a very reliable insider)

Quote:
Kesler has had successful shoulder surgery and is well on his way to rehab. He should be good to go come training camp.

Burrows had major surgery and may not be ready at the start of camp. He may be 4 months away from now and could have a few months after that to try and get his shoulder ready. He is getting married this summer but is somewhat immobilized which may or may not put a damper on things.

Willie is still bothered by symptoms but is feeling better each week. He is optimistic that he will be ready to play again but not sure if he will be ready before December for full time duty. If he plays again he wants to be sure that he is fully recovered and given he is UFA there is no hurry for him to sign. His first choice is to return to Vancouver but right now he is only thinking about his health. No serious talks have taken place between his agent and the Canucks for obvious reasons. We may not hear much about him until Sept/Oct. He isn't ready to retire so we will see what time does.

Kesler just signed a huge contract, having surgery in the same year makes me really nervous in the upcoming season, just thought you guys might be curious.

Last edited by Lucbourdon: 06-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 09:56 PM
JUICEY*

That may explain why they were invisible in the Hawks series.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 11:00 PM
crazyforhockey

With them so banged up,Mitchell out...then Salo and Edler......Chi is lucky they got an injured team to play..

Luongo gave up 7 evenstrength goals.......but two were as the Canuck player was stepping out of the box and skating back into the play...so 5 evenstrength goals on 93 shots or .946sv % evenstrength against Chi....................and a healthy Mitchell,Burr and Kesler would change the pK dramitically from 9 goals on 49 shots in the chi series.

so I disagree with some people's assemenet of being far behind Chi

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post

Kesler just signed a huge contract, having surgery in the same year makes me really nervous in the upcoming season, just thought you guys might be curious.
Except in this case as she points out this is not her information and she states:

"As always, its just gossip anyway."

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 12:41 AM
SomeoneGreat

Wow, Mitch won't be back till December? That's awful, I thought he'd be fine by like July or close to that.

I hope he doesn't go Steve Sullivan on us.

SomeoneGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Nine to Five
Now Eight to Four!

There was a rift between bieksa and luongo? can someone jog my memory

Nine to Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 04:32 AM
Lz68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneGreat View Post
Wow, Mitch won't be back till December? That's awful, I thought he'd be fine by like July or close to that.

I hope he doesn't go Steve Sullivan on us.
As long as he can get healthy it could be kind better then starting the season with him in that they could go out get a UFA this summer and because of his reduced cap hit still fit him into the lineup. Also I think less teams would be willing to take a stab at him half way through season compared to the summer.

Lz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Moore Money

Quote:

Wouldn't this be all over the news if true? I don't buy it.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
Wouldn't this be all over the news if true? I don't buy it.
It is the sort of information that I heard from a friend who knew a guy who has a cousin that once went to a Canucks game and told his niece about it who then told her boyfriend...

Old
06-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

It actually was reported in the Province that both Kesler and Burrows had surgery, IIRC. No mentions on the severity of the operations or the estimated timeframes to recovery, but the fact that those two were injured and had the injuries treated after being eliminated is in the public domain.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
It actually was reported in the Province that both Kesler and Burrows had surgery, IIRC. No mentions on the severity of the operations or the estimated timeframes to recovery, but the fact that those two were injured and had the injuries treated after being eliminated is in the public domain.
Yup - I posted about it previously:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...y#post25838777

It is the glossy details with which I take issue.

Old
06-12-2010, 03:18 PM
tesplen

Burrows' surgery was successful, will likely be ready for training camp:

Quote:
sportsnetmurph

Alex Burrows did have successful shoulder surgery and will be ready for training camp. I believe he can start rehabbing in about a month

tesplen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
I agree with HW's general sentiment about the team - its not like the Canucks were bad. The more changes you make, the more likely the probability of screwing up the configuration, though. We'll see.

I'm with the "players" - not a fan of Hamhuis and could be a lot of $$$ tied up in a marginal top 4 guy.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 04:16 PM
tantalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
It is the sort of information that I heard from a friend who knew a guy who has a cousin that once went to a Canucks game and told his niece about it who then told her boyfriend...
Those that know HW know that she has a legitimate source within the organization (as well as the Gagliardi camp...they are trying to buy the Stars according to HW).

If she goes "public" with something it is because that is what she got from the source. If that source is wrong the source is wrong but I can't remember very many pieces of big information that HW has been wrong with (other than the whole Avery joke we were playing on people).

And to set the record straight for HW here is a new article from the Vancouver Sun entitled "Canucks' Alex Burrows may start next season in sick bay"

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...#ixzz0qwTR0fBt

So indeed the Burrows surgery has a long recovery time and he may not be ready for camp or the start of next season. It isn't a case heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend who has a cousin who has a niece who has a friend in the canucks organization. It's a case of HW having a friend who is (likely) part of the canucks organization or is at least very tight with the players.

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
Those that know HW know that she has a legitimate source within the organization (as well as the Gagliardi camp...they are trying to buy the Stars according to HW).

If she goes "public" with something it is because that is what she got from the source. If that source is wrong the source is wrong but I can't remember very many pieces of big information that HW has been wrong with (other than the whole Avery joke we were playing on people).

And to set the record straight for HW here is a new article from the Vancouver Sun entitled "Canucks' Alex Burrows may start next season in sick bay"

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...#ixzz0qwTR0fBt

So indeed the Burrows surgery has a long recovery time and he may not be ready for camp or the start of next season. It isn't a case heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend who has a cousin who has a niece who has a friend in the canucks organization. It's a case of HW having a friend who is (likely) part of the canucks organization or is at least very tight with the players.
IIRC her posts were unacceptable at CDC as they did not meet their minimum standards for rumour and speculation sources.

I have all sorts of inside information that I do not post unless I have valid linkable sources.

I choose to not ascribe to such sources such as HW and give them credence unless there are named sources. YMMV.

Old
06-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Ernie

If you've got inside information, Wetcoaster, by all means pass it on.

HW has built up her credibility because she just passes what she hears on, without trying to make it more than it is. And she's been right most of the time. It seems highly likely that she does have some kind of strings in the organization.

If you actually pass on something that is useful, and is not some phantom unprovable statement, I think most people here would appreciate it. But it always seems that you pull out your so-called sources when you're backed into a corner in an argument and have nowhere else to turn.

Take Arniel's very positive comments about Cory Schneider after Arniel was hired by Columbus. In contrast, you've repeatedly hacked Schneider down, despite your claims that you are friends with one of the Moose scouts. See the disconnect there?

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
If you've got inside information, Wetcoaster, by all means pass it on.

HW has built up her credibility because she just passes what she hears on, without trying to make it more than it is. And she's been right most of the time. It seems highly likely that she does have some kind of strings in the organization.

If you actually pass on something that is useful, and is not some phantom unprovable statement, I think most people here would appreciate it. But it always seems that you pull out your so-called sources when you're backed into a corner in an argument and have nowhere else to turn.

Take Arniel's very positive comments about Cory Schneider after Arniel was hired by Columbus. In contrast, you've repeatedly hacked Schneider down, despite your claims that you are friends with one of the Moose scouts. See the disconnect there?
Most of what I am told I do not pass on because it is given to me confidentially - so until I can source it through a third party I do not repeat it.

Probably comes as part of my legal background.

When I can reveal the source as with my acquaintance who does bird-dogging then I attribute it. Otherwise I argue it as an opinion.

Old
06-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Except in this case as she points out this is not her information and she states:

"As always, its just gossip anyway."
It is information and she has been right on everything she said so far, about the surgery AND about how he will not be ready for training camp

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Ernie

Quote:
Most of what I am told I do not pass on because it is given to me confidentially - so until I can source it through a third party I do not repeat it.

Probably comes as part of my legal background.

When I can reveal the source as with my acquaintance who does bird-dogging then I attribute it. Otherwise I argue it as an opinion.
So you don't post (or source) your information because it is "confidential"?

Why do you have a beef with HF then? Doesn't sound like the information she is passing on is all that confidential, just what someone gleaned by talking to players and staff, the "gossip" amongst informed individuals, if you will.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
So you don't post (or source) your information because it is "confidential"?

Why do you have a beef with HF then? Doesn't sound like the information she is passing on is all that confidential, just what someone gleaned by talking to players and staff, the "gossip" amongst informed individuals, if you will.
I do not post it because I cannot name the source (identity, position or function) from which I receive the information hence there is no way for others to judge the credibility of the information.

I do not tend to give credence to "gossip" such as that conveyed by HW because we do not know who the source(s) may be. Without that knowledge it is impossible to decide how credible that information may be. I treat it as I would treat other hearsay - unless there is an originating source it simply lacks credibility. YMMV.

I have no "beef" - I simply accord the information passed on as gossip as just that and do not attribute credibility.

Old
06-15-2010, 06:28 PM
opendoor

Quote:
I do not post it because I cannot name the source (identity, position or function) from which I receive the information hence there is no way for others to judge the credibility of the information.

I do not tend to give credence to "gossip" such as that conveyed by HW because we do not know who the source(s) may be. Without that knowledge it is impossible to decide how credible that information may be.

I have no "beef" - I simply accord the information passed on as gossip as just that and do not attribute credibility.
If someone routinely provides unsourced information that later turns out to be true, you don't believe that they gain some credibility?

No information on a message board should be taken as gospel, but if a poster has a solid track record of providing accurate information that's not available elsewhere, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove unreliable. I think that's how most people look at the issue.

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
It is information and she has been right on everything she said so far, about the surgery AND about how he will not be ready for training camp
The impending surgery had been reported earlier. Also the first report post surgery was that Burrows was expected to be ready in time for training camp.
Quote:
Burrows, who had just three goals in his final 12 regular season games and three (two empty-netters) in 12 playoff games, had surgery 12 days ago to repair two tears in the labrum of his left shoulder.

Put simply, the labrum is a layer of cartilage that lines the shoulder joint. The surgery was performed by Canucks team physician Dr. Bill Regan and Dr. Robert Hawkins on June 3 in Vancouver.
I hope to be back for training camp, said Burrows on Tuesday, more hopeful than realistic. I have a rehab program and I'll be working really hard at it.
And it was just gossip (or hearsay if you will - information gathered by one person from another concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience). You can accept it as credible, I choose not to do so applying the same standards I would to other hearsay. I prefer to wait for sourced information. YMMV.

Old
06-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
If someone routinely provides unsourced information that later turns out to be true, you don't believe that they gain some credibility?

No information on a message board should be taken as gospel, but if a poster has a solid track record of providing accurate information that's not available elsewhere, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove unreliable. I think that's how most people look at the issue.
It remains gossip (hearsay) and I choose to not credit it.