HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal: Anton Babchuk

Old
09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

vCash: 500
In a vacuum, $1.8 million per for three more years (or is it two?) for Chimera isn't really awful, especially if he could stay healthy and post 15-20 goals per.

But current situations and future fears have made team budgets everywhere, including here, extremely tight.

Marginal guys like Chimmer have no value. It's the same reason why incomplete players with some strong skills -- Malhotra, Bergeron, Dominic Moore, Blair Betts, Seidenberg -- are all still without contracts today.
Chimmer should thank his lucky stars he isn't a UFA this offseason or he'd probably be sitting in that currently unemployed group too.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 10:30 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Goalie View Post
As far as vets go for the production he is not out of line on cost for production.
Once again. He's overpaid. I'm not concerned about that beyond the fact that the slight overpayment will make him very difficult, if not impossible, to move when factored it with the term.

That's all I'm saying and been saying. That's all I have wanted to say.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
In a vacuum, $1.8 million per for three more years (or is it two?) for Chimera isn't really awful, especially if he could stay healthy and post 15-20 goals per.

But current situations and future fears have made team budgets everywhere, including here, extremely tight.

Marginal guys like Chimmer have no value. It's the same reason why incomplete players with some strong skills -- Malhotra, Bergeron, Dominic Moore, Blair Betts, Seidenberg -- are all still without contracts today.
Chimmer should thank his lucky stars he isn't a UFA this offseason or he'd probably be sitting in that currently unemployed group too.
Great post. The whole budget-conscious thing isn't a CBJ-land thing only.

It's also worth nothing that this impacts pretty much every roster/off-season discussion we've had in these parts for the past month. By which I mean to say that lots of folks have said sort-of-this, but perhaps not in such a concise and comprehensive manner.

Old
09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
RDriesenUD

*Eklund*

"Anton Babchuk to be dealt in the next 48 hours. According to many sources today the Hurricanes are close to trading Anton Babchuk and the believed team to grab the talented, right-handed D-man is Columbus. Other teams with an eye on Anton are Florida and the NYI."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...FLA-e3/1/22876

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:04 AM
hashmarks

Quote:

Agreed. It is not so much the money that he gets that makes him overpaid, but it is his terms. Teams have no idea what the cap will be next year and are reluctant to add players with that much term to their team.

Modin is a guy who, although makes more money is done after this year, would likely be easier to move because of it.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
*Eklund*

"Anton Babchuk to be dealt in the next 48 hours. According to many sources today the Hurricanes are close to trading Anton Babchuk and the believed team to grab the talented, right-handed D-man is Columbus. Other teams with an eye on Anton are Florida and the NYI."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...FLA-e3/1/22876
so this means we aren't getting him....

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:23 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
so this means we aren't getting him....
Yup, pretty much kills any possibility of us getting him now.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:23 AM
CBJNut

Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
It's an (e4), so it must be true!

CBJNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:57 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
From the comments section of the last Puck-Rakers blog:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
AP squasher of all rumor and resident insider to Scott Howson.

It's not hard to be the anti-eklund. Just deny everything and 99.999% of the time you are right.
A big part of me wants to see this deal happen just to watch Portzline eat crow. The guy is a hack. His job is best described as "re-printer of CBJ press releases." I don't think he's ever done anything that approximates investigative journalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Uhhh....

Portzline didn't shut up about Vermette. He was getting mentioned as someone the Jackets were interested in as early as summer 2007 by Portzline.
Yeah, and Puckrakers went on and on about what color scrimmage jersey David Vyborny wore. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
A big part of me wants to see this deal happen just to watch Portzline eat crow. The guy is a hack. His job is best described as "re-printer of CBJ press releases." I don't think he's ever done anything that approximates investigative journalism.

Yeah, and Puckrakers went on and on about what color scrimmage jersey David Vyborny wore. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Y'know, it just wouldn't be a Puck-Rakers comment on a rumor without the good Capn' showing up to regurgitate his opinion on Portzline.

Seriously. You've said this already. You don't like him. We get it. Do you really have to keep repeating it everywhere his name is mentioned?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:31 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Y'know, it just wouldn't be a Puck-Rakers comment on a rumor without the good Capn' showing up to regurgitate his opinion on Portzline.

Seriously. You've said this already. You don't like him. We get it. Do you really have to keep repeating it everywhere his name is mentioned?
lol, but... but.. It's about the only thing I agree with on with our transparent friend.

I agree with him in that it would be funny to see this one go through if, for no other reason, then maybe AP will shut up with the whole "No truth at all" stuff he throws out there as if he's on the CBJ payroll and is SH's special little assisant.

I would be shocked if we traded for him, but unlike AP I'm not sure it will never happen.

Old
09-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
That's all I'm saying and been saying. That's all I have wanted to say.
blah blah blah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Agreed. It is not so much the money that he gets that makes him overpaid, but it is his terms. Teams have no idea what the cap will be next year and are reluctant to add players with that much term to their team.

Modin is a guy who, although makes more money is done after this year, would likely be easier to move because of it.
Agreed on that front, but how many teams that have to worry about the cap want a guy like Modin?

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:38 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Puckrakers went on and on about what color scrimmage jersey David Vyborny wore.
Ah... the great powder blue scrimmage jersey controversy. That takes me back.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:42 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
Ah... the great powder blue scrimmage jersey controversy. That takes me back.
I think it is about ready to be inducted into the CBJ HF Discussion Hall of Fame.

Inaugural class:
1. Andrej Nedorost (the Babe Ruth of HF debates)
2. Vyborny's powder blue jersey
3. Timeless Winter-Brad Richards

That's a strong class.

Old
09-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post

Agreed on that front, but how many teams that have to worry about the cap want a guy like Modin?
Exactly, in fact, how many teams period want a guy like Modin? I think the guy was great in his prime, but these last few years have really tarnished his image, not just in Columbus, but around the league.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:

I like AP and do agree, trashing him bothers me because he gives us so much valid information that we all take for granted-yet one blunder and he gets trashed. That said Capn' has a point if Howson signs Babchuk within 48 hours, AP will have some crow to eat.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:31 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
blah blah blah..
Not sure what you issue is/was or why you bothered to post this. I was simply trying reign in the converstation on what I was commenting on, as I wasn't interested in debating the rest of it. Mainly because there was nothing to debate there.

Old
09-10-2009, 02:33 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Exactly, in fact, how many teams period want a guy like Modin? I think the guy was great in his prime, but these last few years have really tarnished his image, not just in Columbus, but around the league.
Not that Modin is easy to move, she was just saying he might be easier to move. You know moving a boulder or moving a mountain? The easiest to move might actually be Torres, not that I'd want to. He might be fairly hard to move as well.

Old
09-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
I think it is about ready to be inducted into the CBJ HF Discussion Hall of Fame.

Inaugural class:
1. Andrej Nedorost (the Babe Ruth of HF debates)
2. Vyborny's powder blue jersey
3. Timeless Winter-Brad Richards

That's a strong class.
It is a reflection of just how much of a n00b I still really am in that I was only around for #3.

By all means, let this Hall Of Fame be erected. Our heritage must be preserved!

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not that Modin is easy to move, she was just saying he might be easier to move. You know moving a boulder or moving a mountain? The easiest to move might actually be Torres, not that I'd want to. He might be fairly hard to move as well.
Not to mention the fact (AGAIN) that Freddie has a No Trade Contract. That's a serious impediment to trade, Friends!

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Not sure what you issue is/was or why you bothered to post this. I was simply trying reign in the converstation on what I was commenting on, as I wasn't interested in debating the rest of it. Mainly because there was nothing to debate there.
Apparently a poor attempt at a joke involving what you were saying, trying to say, wanted to say... and your username.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Not poor at all, Ar-too, blah is just in one of his moods.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
It is a reflection of just how much of a n00b I still really am in that I was only around for #3.

OR a reflection of just how chatty you are. I have been around almost a year longer and you have 4 times the posts I do

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 03:07 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Not poor at all, Ar-too, blah is just in one of his moods.
Nah, for whatever reason I'm just not getting the joke today. If anything I started off the day trying to avoid drama. Until a certain poster took a uneeded shot at me, I was trying to be neutral in my posting.

Old
09-10-2009, 03:10 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:

... and future generations can learn about those who came before.

You may be young -- relative to some of other crafty vets around here getting by on reputation and junk pitches -- but you're an all-star.