HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal: Anton Babchuk

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
  #101
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,301
vCash: 500
In a vacuum, $1.8 million per for three more years (or is it two?) for Chimera isn't really awful, especially if he could stay healthy and post 15-20 goals per.

But current situations and future fears have made team budgets everywhere, including here, extremely tight.

Marginal guys like Chimmer have no value. It's the same reason why incomplete players with some strong skills -- Malhotra, Bergeron, Dominic Moore, Blair Betts, Seidenberg -- are all still without contracts today.
Chimmer should thank his lucky stars he isn't a UFA this offseason or he'd probably be sitting in that currently unemployed group too.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 10:30 AM
  #102
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Goalie View Post
As far as vets go for the production he is not out of line on cost for production.
Once again. He's overpaid. I'm not concerned about that beyond the fact that the slight overpayment will make him very difficult, if not impossible, to move when factored it with the term.

That's all I'm saying and been saying. That's all I have wanted to say.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 10:42 AM
  #103
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
In a vacuum, $1.8 million per for three more years (or is it two?) for Chimera isn't really awful, especially if he could stay healthy and post 15-20 goals per.

But current situations and future fears have made team budgets everywhere, including here, extremely tight.

Marginal guys like Chimmer have no value. It's the same reason why incomplete players with some strong skills -- Malhotra, Bergeron, Dominic Moore, Blair Betts, Seidenberg -- are all still without contracts today.
Chimmer should thank his lucky stars he isn't a UFA this offseason or he'd probably be sitting in that currently unemployed group too.
Great post. The whole budget-conscious thing isn't a CBJ-land thing only.

It's also worth nothing that this impacts pretty much every roster/off-season discussion we've had in these parts for the past month. By which I mean to say that lots of folks have said sort-of-this, but perhaps not in such a concise and comprehensive manner.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
  #104
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,975
vCash: 500
*Eklund*

"Anton Babchuk to be dealt in the next 48 hours. According to many sources today the Hurricanes are close to trading Anton Babchuk and the believed team to grab the talented, right-handed D-man is Columbus. Other teams with an eye on Anton are Florida and the NYI."


http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...FLA-e3/1/22876

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:04 AM
  #105
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
In a vacuum, $1.8 million per for three more years (or is it two?) for Chimera isn't really awful, especially if he could stay healthy and post 15-20 goals per.

But current situations and future fears have made team budgets everywhere, including here, extremely tight.

Marginal guys like Chimmer have no value. It's the same reason why incomplete players with some strong skills -- Malhotra, Bergeron, Dominic Moore, Blair Betts, Seidenberg -- are all still without contracts today.
Chimmer should thank his lucky stars he isn't a UFA this offseason or he'd probably be sitting in that currently unemployed group too.
Agreed. It is not so much the money that he gets that makes him overpaid, but it is his terms. Teams have no idea what the cap will be next year and are reluctant to add players with that much term to their team.

Modin is a guy who, although makes more money is done after this year, would likely be easier to move because of it.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
  #106
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
*Eklund*

"Anton Babchuk to be dealt in the next 48 hours. According to many sources today the Hurricanes are close to trading Anton Babchuk and the believed team to grab the talented, right-handed D-man is Columbus. Other teams with an eye on Anton are Florida and the NYI."


http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...FLA-e3/1/22876
so this means we aren't getting him....

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:23 AM
  #107
cydawg
#DefendNWA
 
cydawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gahanna, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
so this means we aren't getting him....
Yup, pretty much kills any possibility of us getting him now.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:23 AM
  #108
CBJNut
Registered User
 
CBJNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Logan, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
It's an (e4), so it must be true!

CBJNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:57 AM
  #109
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
From the comments section of the last Puck-Rakers blog:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
AP squasher of all rumor and resident insider to Scott Howson.

It's not hard to be the anti-eklund. Just deny everything and 99.999% of the time you are right.
A big part of me wants to see this deal happen just to watch Portzline eat crow. The guy is a hack. His job is best described as "re-printer of CBJ press releases." I don't think he's ever done anything that approximates investigative journalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Uhhh....

Portzline didn't shut up about Vermette. He was getting mentioned as someone the Jackets were interested in as early as summer 2007 by Portzline.
Yeah, and Puckrakers went on and on about what color scrimmage jersey David Vyborny wore. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:21 PM
  #110
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
A big part of me wants to see this deal happen just to watch Portzline eat crow. The guy is a hack. His job is best described as "re-printer of CBJ press releases." I don't think he's ever done anything that approximates investigative journalism.



Yeah, and Puckrakers went on and on about what color scrimmage jersey David Vyborny wore. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Y'know, it just wouldn't be a Puck-Rakers comment on a rumor without the good Capn' showing up to regurgitate his opinion on Portzline.

Seriously. You've said this already. You don't like him. We get it. Do you really have to keep repeating it everywhere his name is mentioned?

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:31 PM
  #111
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Y'know, it just wouldn't be a Puck-Rakers comment on a rumor without the good Capn' showing up to regurgitate his opinion on Portzline.

Seriously. You've said this already. You don't like him. We get it. Do you really have to keep repeating it everywhere his name is mentioned?
lol, but... but.. It's about the only thing I agree with on with our transparent friend.

I agree with him in that it would be funny to see this one go through if, for no other reason, then maybe AP will shut up with the whole "No truth at all" stuff he throws out there as if he's on the CBJ payroll and is SH's special little assisant.

I would be shocked if we traded for him, but unlike AP I'm not sure it will never happen.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:35 PM
  #112
Ar-too
Registered User
 
Ar-too's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 10,139
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
That's all I'm saying and been saying. That's all I have wanted to say.
blah blah blah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Agreed. It is not so much the money that he gets that makes him overpaid, but it is his terms. Teams have no idea what the cap will be next year and are reluctant to add players with that much term to their team.

Modin is a guy who, although makes more money is done after this year, would likely be easier to move because of it.
Agreed on that front, but how many teams that have to worry about the cap want a guy like Modin?

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:38 PM
  #113
dru
Jarmo Unchained
 
dru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CBUS
Country: United States
Posts: 6,389
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dru
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Puckrakers went on and on about what color scrimmage jersey David Vyborny wore.
Ah... the great powder blue scrimmage jersey controversy. That takes me back.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:42 PM
  #114
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
Ah... the great powder blue scrimmage jersey controversy. That takes me back.
I think it is about ready to be inducted into the CBJ HF Discussion Hall of Fame.

Inaugural class:
1. Andrej Nedorost (the Babe Ruth of HF debates)
2. Vyborny's powder blue jersey
3. Timeless Winter-Brad Richards

That's a strong class.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:55 PM
  #115
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post

Agreed on that front, but how many teams that have to worry about the cap want a guy like Modin?
Exactly, in fact, how many teams period want a guy like Modin? I think the guy was great in his prime, but these last few years have really tarnished his image, not just in Columbus, but around the league.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:26 PM
  #116
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Y'know, it just wouldn't be a Puck-Rakers comment on a rumor without the good Capn' showing up to regurgitate his opinion on Portzline.

Seriously. You've said this already. You don't like him. We get it. Do you really have to keep repeating it everywhere his name is mentioned?
I like AP and do agree, trashing him bothers me because he gives us so much valid information that we all take for granted-yet one blunder and he gets trashed. That said Capn' has a point if Howson signs Babchuk within 48 hours, AP will have some crow to eat.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:31 PM
  #117
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
blah blah blah..
Not sure what you issue is/was or why you bothered to post this. I was simply trying reign in the converstation on what I was commenting on, as I wasn't interested in debating the rest of it. Mainly because there was nothing to debate there.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:33 PM
  #118
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Exactly, in fact, how many teams period want a guy like Modin? I think the guy was great in his prime, but these last few years have really tarnished his image, not just in Columbus, but around the league.
Not that Modin is easy to move, she was just saying he might be easier to move. You know moving a boulder or moving a mountain? The easiest to move might actually be Torres, not that I'd want to. He might be fairly hard to move as well.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:38 PM
  #119
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
I think it is about ready to be inducted into the CBJ HF Discussion Hall of Fame.

Inaugural class:
1. Andrej Nedorost (the Babe Ruth of HF debates)
2. Vyborny's powder blue jersey
3. Timeless Winter-Brad Richards

That's a strong class.
It is a reflection of just how much of a n00b I still really am in that I was only around for #3.

By all means, let this Hall Of Fame be erected. Our heritage must be preserved!

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
  #120
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Not that Modin is easy to move, she was just saying he might be easier to move. You know moving a boulder or moving a mountain? The easiest to move might actually be Torres, not that I'd want to. He might be fairly hard to move as well.
Not to mention the fact (AGAIN) that Freddie has a No Trade Contract. That's a serious impediment to trade, Friends!

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
  #121
Ar-too
Registered User
 
Ar-too's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 10,139
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Not sure what you issue is/was or why you bothered to post this. I was simply trying reign in the converstation on what I was commenting on, as I wasn't interested in debating the rest of it. Mainly because there was nothing to debate there.
Apparently a poor attempt at a joke involving what you were saying, trying to say, wanted to say... and your username.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
  #122
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,604
vCash: 500
Not poor at all, Ar-too, blah is just in one of his moods.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:55 PM
  #123
Aging Goalie
 
Aging Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lima, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
It is a reflection of just how much of a n00b I still really am in that I was only around for #3.

By all means, let this Hall Of Fame be erected. Our heritage must be preserved!
OR a reflection of just how chatty you are. I have been around almost a year longer and you have 4 times the posts I do

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 03:07 PM
  #124
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Not poor at all, Ar-too, blah is just in one of his moods.
Nah, for whatever reason I'm just not getting the joke today. If anything I started off the day trying to avoid drama. Until a certain poster took a uneeded shot at me, I was trying to be neutral in my posting.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 03:10 PM
  #125
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
It is a reflection of just how much of a n00b I still really am in that I was only around for #3.

By all means, let this Hall Of Fame be erected. Our heritage must be preserved!
... and future generations can learn about those who came before.

You may be young -- relative to some of other crafty vets around here getting by on reputation and junk pitches -- but you're an all-star.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.