HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Ownership/Financial Situation #7

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2009, 07:41 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

vCash: 500
Coyotes Ownership/Financial Situation #7

Previous thread here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=669345

Old
09-08-2009, 07:48 PM
XX
... Waiting

How sad, strange, and at times, comedic it is that all our hopes for the franchise to stay rest on the tiny, close-to-the-ground shoulders of the one and only Gary Bettman.

Damn.

Old
09-08-2009, 07:52 PM
ParisSaintGermain

I am not too surprised that Ice Edge has dropped from the auction process: If Reinsdorf or Ice Edge want to buy the team and be accepted in the league, why would they spend that much time and money working to compete against a bid made by the league itself?

It makes sense for them to take a back seat while this thing is in court, see who comes out the winner of the NHL vs Balsillie battle (as their bids can't rival Balsillie financially anyway) and should this be the NHL then to come back and spend time and energy to work out a deal with the league itself.

Old
09-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
How sad, strange, and at times, comedic it is that all our hopes for the franchise to stay rest on the tiny, close-to-the-ground shoulders of the one and only Gary Bettman.

Damn.
If he wins do you lose your right to boo him when he hands the Stanley Cup to Shane Doan in June of 2013?

Old
09-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Jakeman

This is getting way out of hand, this auction is looking more like a two man grudge match! I don't like how this is turning out for this franchise and the fans most importantly. Phoenix is being ran through the mud through the media that it is almost a certainty that they will be moved. Ballsillie and Bettman are like two little children trying to see who can out do eachother. As a fan of Phoenix I'm fed up with this situation and I really feel for the team and players and the city of Glendale and Phoenix. There are great fans who love hockey but this franchise needs a true sports owner who knows how to run a sports franchise, not some stupid trucking mogal(Moyes). The judge is also quite a wuss, he can't handle pressure and won't rule on anything meaningful, this will be another reason this team will have a lame duck season, I really feel for this franchise.

Old
09-08-2009, 08:01 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
If he wins do you lose your right to boo him when he hands the Stanley Cup to Shane Doan in June of 2013?
If we are in Phoenix, I would think it appropriate to demonstrate to the rest of the NHL that weez knows us some hokay down in theez here parts and boo his ass. Tradition is tradition. I have more respect for him, but I'm still not a fan. He has stuck to his guns so far. I just get that sinking feeling he is going to fold like a deck of cards any day now, due to the money.

Old
09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
hbk

Bettman is the only reason there is more than one bidder for this team and the only lifeline for keeping the franchise in Phoenix. Even if he's not successful, Bettman has worked hard to keep the team in Phoenix (whatever the motives truly are).

Personally, with the announcement that the league has published a "relocation fee" I feel the writing is on the wall and a "deal" will be completed between Balsille and the league. I feel bad for the local Phoenix fans. This has been a hellish summer.

Best of luck at the auction.

Old
09-08-2009, 08:36 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Didn't the NHL also say that 195 million in relo-fees wasn't enough to make up for the damages done, or something along those lines?

Old
09-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

I'm not surprised by IE dropping out.

I would be surprised if PSE still makes a bid if Moyes and Gretzky are dropped from the creditor pool and the judge upholds COG's lease.

The only way the judge is going to get my respect is if he upholds the law and doesn't legislate from the bench.

If the judge in the Pittsburgh case uphold the lease then the same can be done with the Coyotes.

My guess is the judge is going to let JB bid since the judge at this point has been more focused with the money and drop dead threats made by JB. Otherwise the judge would not keep delaying the major issues on the case including putting aside the contempt of court hearing against Moyes.

Is there anything that can be done legally in the courts now to block the auction by another court and to get the current judge thrown off the case? If Jerry Moyes is seeing to it the Coyotes are no longer in AZ by any means possible why can't 2 play it at that game but legally ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Don't know what to make of this. The 2nd quote. IE says bid had not been pulled

Old
09-08-2009, 08:55 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Didn't the NHL also say that 195 million in relo-fees wasn't enough to make up for the damages done, or something along those lines?
Over the weekend, the NHL set the price of relocation to the Southern Ontario/Hamilton market at between $101 -$195 Million.

This makes the matter entirely about money not personality. It means there is room to strike a deal and I'm positive that Baum is going to view things this way. Baum IMO is going to award the team to Balsille and force the two parties to negotiate the price of relocation. I wonder if he can appoint an arbitrator/mediator on this one sticking point?

Old
09-08-2009, 09:04 PM
mitch27

I have feeling us fans are going to get screwed over in the end. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Old
09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
I have feeling us fans are going to get screwed over in the end. It makes me sick to my stomach.
This is what the Jerry Moyes and JB want to have happen to us!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
09-08-2009, 09:13 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Bettman is the only reason there is more than one bidder for this team and the only lifeline for keeping the franchise in Phoenix. Even if he's not successful, Bettman has worked hard to keep the team in Phoenix (whatever the motives truly are).

Personally, with the announcement that the league has published a "relocation fee" I feel the writing is on the wall and a "deal" will be completed between Balsille and the league. I feel bad for the local Phoenix fans. This has been a hellish summer.

Best of luck at the auction.
The NHL hasn't "published" a relocation fee. The court required the NHL to submit a relocation number. The league submitted reports to the court of two independent groups they hired to come up with a figure. Which btw JB/PSE are very upset about based on their request to have the court dismiss the reports.

On cell right now, will post some longer comments later.

Old
09-08-2009, 09:30 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
The NHL hasn't "published" a relocation fee. The court required the NHL to submit a relocation number. The league submitted reports to the court of two independent groups they hired to come up with a figure. Which btw JB/PSE are very upset about based on their request to have the court dismiss the reports.

On cell right now, will post some longer comments later.
I just see all those comments as part of the negotiation process. They can huff and puff all they want but at the end of the day the judge may ask them to figure things out and negotiate a settlement. If not, arbitration/mediation are likely options. Either that or a forced settlement and years of having resources tied up in the Appeals court.

Old
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
mitch27

So do you guys think Moyes is a creditor or not? Because, correct me if i'm wrong, isn't that what it basically comes down to? Because if he isn't doesn't that make JB's bid lower than the NHL's?

Old
09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
RR

Any other STH get this e-mail today:

Quote:
Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for your purchase of Season Tickets for the 2009-10 season. Continuing with our "Go-Green" initiative and staying on the cutting edge of ticket technology, you will be receiving a ticket card in place of standard hard stock tickets. Your ticket card, parking passes, and information on the new card will be sent to you shortly. You should expect to receive these within the next 5 business days.

However, your tickets are available now on your online Account Manager:

Go to Account Manager

Simply log-in with your Account Number (XXXXXX) and your password. Once you are logged-in, cancel the transfer to your Coyotes ID Card, then you may print your tickets at home, forward to friends or family, or donate tickets to Coyotes Charities. Forgot your password? Call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXX-XXX-XXXX.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact me at XXX-XXX-XXXX or email me at XXXXXXXXXXXXX@phoenixcoyotes.com.

I look forward to seeing you at Jobing.com Arena soon!

Old
09-08-2009, 09:49 PM
JonnyC

As a Coyotes fan living in Toronto, I have been pretty quiet because all the information I hear is biased. However, I think the NHL issuing a relocation fee is, as a previous writer mentioned, the writing on the wall that a deal will be struck soon. I think this will set a bad precedent for sports franchises in the future.

Will be an interesting couple of weeks.

Old
09-08-2009, 09:51 PM
THE_HABS_MTL

Quote:
In 2002, MLB bought Montreal Expos for $150 million. Two years later, they moved the team to Washington and in 2006 the team was sold for $450 million.

Old
09-08-2009, 10:12 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Sadly, I don't think we're ever going to find that out for sure.

Old
09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Gary's worked hard at keeping Jim Balsillie out of the NHL.

The Egognome would shut down the Coyotes tomorrow and hold a dispersal draft Thursday if it would mean Balls would go back to overseeing his smartphone empire.

Old
09-08-2009, 10:17 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
As I was so courteously informed today, there aren't enough fans in Phoenix for hockey fans to care what happens to us. So much for the brotherhood of sports, huh?

Old
09-08-2009, 10:29 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...t-coyotes.html

according to filings today IE is out.

Old
09-08-2009, 10:33 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
Gary's worked hard at keeping Jim Balsillie out of the NHL.

The Egognome would shut down the Coyotes tomorrow and hold a dispersal draft Thursday if it would mean Balls would go back to overseeing his smartphone empire.
In all honesty, I would rather have this happen than JB buying the team. Why? Delusion, mostly, but also because I could watch my favorite players on Center Ice in different uniforms and not at the helm of that scum Jim Balsillie.

On a side note, I truly hate Blackberries. I got one (unfortunately) handed to me by work and it's complete trash. Sorry JB, I love my iPhone and all of it's little quarks WAY more than your piece of garbage for a cell phone. Smart my butt hole; it doesn't even have an option to change the password for my e-mail. JB needs to stick to making his own products better rather than making a fool of himself in the sports ownership world.

Old
09-08-2009, 10:46 PM
HockeyHillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman View Post
This is getting way out of hand, this auction is looking more like a two man grudge match! I don't like how this is turning out for this franchise and the fans most importantly. Phoenix is being ran through the mud through the media that it is almost a certainty that they will be moved. Ballsillie and Bettman are like two little children trying to see who can out do eachother. As a fan of Phoenix I'm fed up with this situation and I really feel for the team and players and the city of Glendale and Phoenix. There are great fans who love hockey but this franchise needs a true sports owner who knows how to run a sports franchise, not some stupid trucking mogal(Moyes). The judge is also quite a wuss, he can't handle pressure and won't rule on anything meaningful, this will be another reason this team will have a lame duck season, I really feel for this franchise.
"Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown".

Closed Thread