HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EK's - Sens, Sharks and Devs possible trade?

Old
09-10-2009, 12:34 PM
blackmarketmob

vCash: 500
I have never posted on this section of HFBoards before, but this peaked my interest. I posted this on the Leaf board, but no one believed me. Anyhow, my roomate who works in Waterloo, where the Senators rookies are staying, overheard Brian Murray tell on the phone that Heatley had been dealt, and later took the elevator with him, and asked him pointblank. Murray stated that Heatley had in fact been dealt, and there would be a media storm tomorrow. It is more than likely Murray was simply pulling my roomate's leg, but hey, thought I would share.

blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:35 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
Patrick Marleau is nowhere near Patrik Elias' level. Elias is the playoff scoring leader in the NHL since 2000, he's just a clutch player. A winner. He's also scored the most OT goals in regular season history.
Patrick Marleau is second in the league in playoff goals since 2002, behind only Henrik Zetterberg, and just ahead of Jarome Iginla. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit View Post
Patrik Elias is a complete winger. He is a far, far superior player to Patrick Marleau.
Patrick Marleau isn't a complete player? EL OH EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit View Post
The true need for my favourite franchise is a 1st pairing defenceman. Another offensive piece would be a luxury, not a necessity.
That actually makes sense, and is a perfectly valid reason for not wanting to acquire Marleau. I'll most certainly give you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
This is a really curious part. It seems you have never actually watched Elias play, nor have the Selke voters.

Turnover differential:

Elias -1
Marleau -15

Blocked shots:

Marleau 23
Elias 17

Plus/minus:

Elias +18
Marleau +16

SH TOI/G

Marleau 2:33
Elias 1:52

So, Marleau blocked a few more shots, which is expected given as he's on the #1 PK unit. But even so, he was terrible when it came to turnovers. Elias on the other hand, was pretty neutral in terms of tunrovers, despite playing nearly 2 minutes of PK a game.

It should also be noted that Elias put up more points despite playing 200 minutes less than Marleau.
Lots of numbers. Absolutely nothing said.

Simply put, there's far too many variables and outside factors to ever be able to put those statistics in the correct context and make a deduction.

Be honest here: How much have you seen Patrick Marleau play? You like to question others, but really, it's fairly obvious you're not following your own advice.

Quote:
So you would trade Logan Couture and a 1st round pick for one year of Patrik Elias?
Hell yes. I'm not irrationally in love with my team's prospects and I actually realize the value of other team's top players. I also don't have some inexplicable hard-on for winning 10 years from now over winning now.

But that's just me. Feel free to continue overvaluing your prospects and own players. Here's to a Devil's Cup in 2023!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Are you even capable of posting anything other than the word 'Crazy' in response to another poster's message? That's all you ever seem to do in the recent posts of yours I've seen. You don't put in any thought, you contribute nothing to the discussion. Its fine to disagree with someone, but at least back up why you disagree.

Crazy.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Are you even capable of posting anything other than the word 'Crazy' in response to another poster's message? That's all you ever seem to do in the recent posts of yours I've seen. You don't put in any thought, you contribute nothing to the discussion. Its fine to disagree with someone, but at least back up why you disagree.

Crazy.
Crazy

Rickety Cricket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:48 PM
hockeyball

Quote:

Crazy.
Do you even read HF boards?

He says "Sweet!" all the time.

sheesh

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Crazy
Kerahzee

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 01:03 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionHockey View Post
15 points in 50 games is becoming one of the SEL's best players?

Lets get one thing clear, Marleau would solidify NJ's forward core. I do believe that with Marleau the Devils could potentially go deeper in the playoffs than they have since before the lockout. NJ's center depth is pitiful. After Travis Zajac our next best natural center is Rod Pelley! Marleau's combination of speed and goal scoring ability would be a joy to watch combined with Elias.

I love Elias, and Jacobson, but we can stop exaggerating the worth of our players in order to belittle the value of other teams' best players. If DW signed Marleau to a contract extention and then offered him to the Devils in exchange for Jacobson, I would do that in a heartbeat. As of right now though, the Devils can not afford to give up Jacobson with the risk of Marleau leaving in a year, I'm sure DW would understand that.
His name is Josefson. Which clearly shows you know nothing or probably next to nothing about Jacob.

It's one year of Marleau and trading for him does not make us a contender. We need a 1st pairing defenceman.

Lou is not going to give up the organisations top prospect, in an area you so rightfully show we are thin at.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 01:27 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Do you even read HF boards?

He says "Sweet!" all the time.

sheesh
Yes, I do read HF boards. Daily.

He says "Sweet!" all the time? Well, THAT changes everything! Now saying 'Crazy' and nothing else with no backup as to his opinion is not ignorant, its BRILLIANT! Him saying 'Sweet' sometimes and 'Crazy' other times proves to me that he is nothing short of a genius.

Sheesh.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:

He says "Sweet!" all the time? Well, THAT changes everything! Now saying 'Crazy' and nothing else with no backup as to his opinion is not ignorant, its BRILLIANT! Him saying 'Sweet' sometimes and 'Crazy' other times proves to me that he is nothing short of a genius.

Sheesh.
You're taking things way to seriously

Crazy

Old
09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I'm just checking in to see whether this trade proposal has already moved beyond the merits of the trade into the name calling and accusations of homerism and of ignorance phase.

I see that it has.

Carry on!

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I'm just checking in to see whether this trade proposal has already moved beyond the merits of the trade into the name calling and accusations of homerism and of ignorance phase.

I see that it has.

Carry on!
Of course a n00b Sens fan would say that

Old
09-10-2009, 02:36 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
You're taking things way to seriously

Crazy
Au contraire, I don't care to extend this line of 'conversation' any further.

Quote:
How the hell does that particular post indicate :

1 - "n00bness"
2 - Team of allegiance

??

I'm going to be the adult here and move on from this ridiculous dialogue. You should really try that sometime.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:

1 - "n00bness"
2 - Team of allegiance

??

I'm going to be the adult here and move on from this ridiculous dialogue. You should really try that sometime.
A well-adjusted adult can detect humor...even without a sarcasm emote.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
hockeyball

Quote:

1 - "n00bness"
2 - Team of allegiance

??

rofl.

You sir need to stay off internet message boards, you have no sarcasm detector.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 03:10 PM
TheGooooch

Quote:

Marleau is a very under-rated player by pretty much every fanbase on these boards. Oh well.

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Crimson Devil*

Jacobson.

AHAHAHAHAHAH.

Damn that made me laugh.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Rugs by Resch

Come on guys. Patrick Elias > Marleau but couldnt hold his jock strap? I think its safe to say they are pretty close but once again slight edge to Patty...Elias. As for the trade of course we would give up Jacobson() for Marleau. Only not for one year of him and a high cap hit. I love marleau but we cant get him unless its for more than one year of him and for cheaper.

Rugs by Resch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 03:44 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
You seem to have intermittent problems with your "o" key.

Old
09-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:

1 - "n00bness"
2 - Team of allegiance

??

Quote:

Sheesh.
Quote:

Crazy.
This is some genius posting. Thank you for your contribution! Please enjoy your stay and don't step on the momewraths.

NJ fan would be saying the same thing if Marleau were in Red and Elias in Teal, just for Patty M instead of Patty E.I don't really see much of a trade to be made right now between these three teams, for all the reasons discussed ad nauseam.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
You seem to have intermittent problems with your "o" key.
I'm working on it, hopefully one day it'll go away.

Old
09-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
A well-adjusted adult can detect humor...even without a sarcasm emote.
I included the just in case. I guess it didn't matter.

Old
09-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugs by Resch View Post
Come on guys. Patrick Elias > Marleau but couldnt hold his jock strap? I think its safe to say they are pretty close but once again slight edge to Patty...Elias. As for the trade of course we would give up Jacobson() for Marleau. Only not for one year of him and a high cap hit. I love marleau but we cant get him unless its for more than one year of him and for cheaper.
Hyperboles have ruined 95% of threads here.

Old
09-10-2009, 04:25 PM
None Shall Pass
Cory Stops All

I'd do Josefson for Marleau in a heartbeat if Marleau's re-signing. if not, then I don't know. As noted, we have little center depth, and giving up a good center prospect, right after we traded up and drafted him, for a guy who will be our 2nd line center for a year, is hard to swallow. Marleau signs a 3-5 year extension? Then let's draft another center and hope Josefson was a bust.

Elias-Marleau-Rolston. Meeeeeeeeeeeee-ow.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

marleau wouldn't be worth the picks and prospects we would have to give. i'm not saying he isn't good but the devils need to keep all our prospects and it would take a good one (Josefson, Tedenby) to get him. no thanks.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 04:34 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

It's a tough call.

We tend to always side with the prospect with unlimited potential and unlimited tenure with the team, over the known veteran with a known (re: short) tenure with the team.

But how many prospects can you integrate into a team in any given year?

There's a limit to how young your team can be if you want to contend, which is where the Devils remain with Brodeur in net.

Oh well, I guess the Devils are contenders of sorts without Marleau, and by holding on to their depth, they can hopefully maintain the window as long as possible.

Still, I'd think it's tempting. Marleau would be perfect on a team that has the "team-concept" down, with no major superstars (aside from Brodeur) and everyone buying in.

Old
09-10-2009, 04:53 PM
matt trick

Quote:
So you would trade Logan Couture and a 1st round pick for one year of Patrik Elias?
In a heartbeat- except for the cap problems it would cause. However, I would say that Elias has more value because of contract, and Couture isn't as good as Josefsson. I also agree Elias has a slight edge and the playoff points are certainly impressive, so that also gives him more value. But I mean come on, Marleau is pretty close.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote