HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EK's - Sens, Sharks and Devs possible trade?

Old
09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
I'd do Josefson for Marleau in a heartbeat if Marleau's re-signing. if not, then I don't know. As noted, we have little center depth, and giving up a good center prospect, right after we traded up and drafted him, for a guy who will be our 2nd line center for a year, is hard to swallow. Marleau signs a 3-5 year extension? Then let's draft another center and hope Josefson was a bust.

Elias-Marleau-Rolston. Meeeeeeeeeeeee-ow.
I agree completely. The Devils will only do this (at this juncture at least, the deadline is a different beast) if Marleau will be a Devil beyond this year. And even that has its potential problems. Lou has been frugal this offseason because he wants the cap space next year to be able to re-sign Martin. The year after that, Parise is due to get paid the big bucks. Marleau on a long term big money contract would disrupt that, and Martin and Parise are far more important to the Devils' future plans.

For these reasons, I don't think the Devils and Sharks are good trading partners. We don't want Marleau on an expiring contract because we'd have to overpay, and we can't afford him on a long term contract.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote