HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Odjick to Laraque - "Stop being so polite!"

Old
09-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Biggsy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Laraque should, but he wont. Laraque would rather eat a Big Mack than Punch Lucic without asking him to dance to Dancing Queen by Abba (GREAT SONG BTW)
ah yes great song haha and a big mac sounds great right about now as well

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchendoh View Post
Chara dropped Tender in the middle of the season somewhere. Not in the last game.
I was referring to when he jumped on Komisarek. That game was incredibly badly refereed as well. He should have easily gotten a 5 and possibly game.

When he punched Latendresse, it was during a little scuffle where Metropolit was also involved. Lats tried punching back too but was simply unable to do so. It was with 6min left in the game and we were winning 6-4.

Anyways, Chara is a superstar and he isn't comparable to a goon or enforcer like Laraque. Many people say Pronger is/was one of the dirtiest players in the league, but the suspensions he got were always minimal compared to others. The same would apply to Chara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Well, what did Stewart get for jumping on Ott (Stewart just started punching Ott after Ott was all over the place hitting our players left and right).

Was Stewart fined a lot of $$$$...?
Suspended?
I really forget...was it a 5 min.major for Stewart?

Not rubbing it in, but didn't our HABS win it? (from 0-1 to 3-1, no?).

My point? Laraque has got to do what Stewart did...maybe not every game but when a player is having way too much leeway with our players...(bullying our skilled players).

Come to think about it...I wish we had Ott!! He can play and be very physical...
Stewart was fresh out of AHL and still is. He has no reputation nor is he big.

Laraque has already been suspended, so that means next time around he'll get a harsher one and his finances will be touched. Depending on what the situation would be, his coach or team could also have some monetary punishment.

Laraque wants to enforce while respecting the rules. He doesn't want to get a penalty that might have an impact on the game and that will insure him to be a healthy scratch in the next game.
Carbo was always big on discipline and it didn't look like he was much of a fan of Laraque.

Maybe that will change under Martin. We'll have to see, but I can't possibly blame a player for playing within the rules, for not wanting to get suspended, fined or scratched.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 04:58 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I could call Laraque a ****ing idiot to his face and spit on him
you must have an affinity for hospital food & eating from a straw
You obviously don't know George Laraques. He would probably apologize for being "in the way" of the guys spit.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 05:36 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I was referring to when he jumped on Komisarek. That game was incredibly badly refereed as well. He should have easily gotten a 5 and possibly game.

When he punched Latendresse, it was during a little scuffle where Metropolit was also involved. Lats tried punching back too but was simply unable to do so. It was with 6min left in the game and we were winning 6-4.

Anyways, Chara is a superstar and he isn't comparable to a goon or enforcer like Laraque. Many people say Pronger is/was one of the dirtiest players in the league, but the suspensions he got were always minimal compared to others. The same would apply to Chara.

Stewart was fresh out of AHL and still is. He has no reputation nor is he big.

Laraque has already been suspended, so that means next time around he'll get a harsher one and his finances will be touched. Depending on what the situation would be, his coach or team could also have some monetary punishment.

Laraque wants to enforce while respecting the rules. He doesn't want to get a penalty that might have an impact on the game and that will insure him to be a healthy scratch in the next game.
Carbo was always big on discipline and it didn't look like he was much of a fan of Laraque.

Maybe that will change under Martin. We'll have to see, but I can't possibly blame a player for playing within the rules, for not wanting to get suspended, fined or scratched.
Get your facts straight. He barely gets one hand in the air, and did you notice the leather things called gloves....**** Chara

now that i listened to that dumb **** Edwards, i want to punch something !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote