HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[SJ/LA/OTT] Heatley to SJ, Frolov & Stoll to OTT, Marleau to LA per ESPN

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
  #26
Esoteric Ubiquity*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Silicon Valley
Country: Greece
Posts: 3,308
vCash: 500
Utterly highlarious.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:07 PM
  #27
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,628
vCash: 500
I'm quite sure that league executives would not leak any info, especially not to Big Bruce.

I'd be really interested in seeing Joe with Heatley, but I have a feeling they would fail.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:07 PM
  #28
powerthirst
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
It's not exactly fair value for Ottawa but I think that most fans would accept it.

If anything you're pretty much guaranteed that Kovalev + Frolov will net 50 goals between them while also balancing out the scoring.

powerthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
  #29
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,591
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
LA gives Stoll and Frolov, gets Marleau?
I'm guessing they forgot a piece going to L.A. Only way this works. Maybe McGinn?

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:10 PM
  #30
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 13,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I think we absolutely could get Marleau for Heatley.

Heatley want's to be traded and has done everything possible to completely sabotage the senators options.

Marleau loves his team, had a career season, and doesn't want to be traded. San Jose has no reason to trade him other than to get someone better (we have cap space now).

Heatley is probably better than Marleau value wise were all things equal. Marleau plays a better two way game and is no cancer. Evens them out.

If I'm DW, I walk away laughing and keep Marleau. I prefer him any day of the week.
By all means, you can keep him.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:16 PM
  #31
Sens Mile
Registered User
 
Sens Mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Sens Chirp has stated LA has kept in touch which would make sense. Russians scare the crap out of me when it comes to retaining but it is a calculated risk.Stoll is a attractive option. Im so anti Heatley right now I say get the deal done

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
  #32
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,591
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Paniflex View Post
I see where you're coming from, but maybe Stoll hasn't fit in with L.A. or maybe didn't play with the right players. I have no idea mind you because I don't follow the Kings.
Stoll has scored at a 52pt/82gp pace over the past 4 years, scored at a 46pt. pace last year. Not a big drop off at all.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:22 PM
  #33
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,550
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Stoll was fine here in L.A. IF this were to happen I'd hope for another piece coming back to L.A., Douglas Murray?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
  #34
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,652
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
Sharks give Marleau, get Heatley?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
LA gives Stoll and Frolov, gets Marleau?
so, ignoring the fact that this still doesnt do anything for the sharks cap-wise, the only thing making this trade work is the fact that the sens dont give a **** what they get back for heatley, as long as it's not some overpaid long contract.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:28 PM
  #35
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,591
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Stoll was fine here in L.A. IF this were to happen I'd hope for another piece coming back to L.A., Douglas Murray?
That actually makes the most sense, I think.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:39 PM
  #36
Falcons93
Registered User
 
Falcons93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I think we absolutely could get Marleau for Heatley.

Heatley want's to be traded and has done everything possible to completely sabotage the senators options.

Marleau loves his team, had a career season, and doesn't want to be traded. San Jose has no reason to trade him other than to get someone better (we have cap space now).

Heatley is probably better than Marleau value wise were all things equal. Marleau plays a better two way game and is no cancer. Evens them out.

If I'm DW, I walk away laughing and keep Marleau. I prefer him any day of the week.
Is this a joke? I'm a Leafs fan and I disagree with you, and that kind of speaks in volumes as to how ridiculous the majority of this post is.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:41 PM
  #37
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 29,115
vCash: 500
Sharks get worse as a team now and in the future with this trade. The Kings have no reason to do this since their top six is pretty much set. I don't think Murray would think this is enough for the Sens.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:47 PM
  #38
Vaasa
Registered User
 
Vaasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 727
Sharks have less than $400k in cap space (assuming Moore, Joslin, and Ortmeyer are in the NHL and only a 22-man roster). Heatley has a cap hit of $1.2 mil more than Marleau. So right off that bat, this deal isn't going to work.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:49 PM
  #39
DaveMatthew
Registered User
 
DaveMatthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 6,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Sharks get worse as a team now and in the future with this trade. The Kings have no reason to do this since their top six is pretty much set. I don't think Murray would think this is enough for the Sens.
San Jose upgrades offensively, getting a pretty much guaranteed 45-50 goal, 90-100 point player for their top line to team up with Thornton. Heatley's also signed for next season allowing them to avoid possibly losing Marleau for nothing, plus they finally make a significant splash in changing the core of a team that's underachieved in the postseason for several years now.

Los Angeles gets the 1b center they need to go along with Kopitar, a significant upgrade on Stoll/Handzus.

Ottawa gets a legitimate top line player to replace Heatley this season, plus another top nine forward who's more than capable of being a big shot on the powerplay point, something they desperately need. And with the cap space, they'll have a good shot of re-signing Frolov after this year, along with Volchenkov (apparently they're the best of friends).

I think it works out pretty well for all teams involved.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:51 PM
  #40
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timorousme View Post
you get rid of Heatley and get two good players in return. What else are you expecting at this point.
3 mediocre players. Smid, Cogs and Penner

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:53 PM
  #41
guyincognito
Registered User
 
guyincognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 31,300
vCash: 500
I guess the Devils got fired from this rumor and the Kings replaced them.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:59 PM
  #42
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,550
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
San Jose upgrades offensively, getting a pretty much guaranteed 45-50 goal, 90-100 point player for their top line to team up with Thornton. Heatley's also signed for next season allowing them to avoid possibly losing Marleau for nothing, plus they finally make a significant splash in changing the core of a team that's underachieved in the postseason for several years now.

Los Angeles gets the 1b center they need to go along with Kopitar, a significant upgrade on Stoll/Handzus.

Ottawa gets a legitimate top line player to replace Heatley this season, plus another top nine forward who's more than capable of being a big shot on the powerplay point, something they desperately need. And with the cap space, they'll have a good shot of re-signing Frolov after this year, along with Volchenkov (apparently they're the best of friends).

I think it works out pretty well for all teams involved.
It's a start, but SJ needs to clear more cap space and L.A. would want more if they're giving up Frolov and Stoll.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:01 PM
  #43
malkinfan
Moderator
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,998
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
from a non biased point of view, it seems fair from all sides.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:01 PM
  #44
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 46,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSenators11 View Post
The best line in the game can stay together
You think Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson is the best line in the game?

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:07 PM
  #45
Zal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Paniflex View Post
I would do it if I were Ottawa. My question is would San Jose really want to trade Marleau to L.A.?
The better question is would LA be stupid enough to send Stoll AND Frolov to SJ for Marleau?

I highly doubt it.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:09 PM
  #46
DaveMatthew
Registered User
 
DaveMatthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 6,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
You think Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson is the best line in the game?
Since the lockout, they've combined for 435 goals and 1057 points in 913 games.

That averages out to 36 goals, 88 points per player per season. Find me another line that's done that.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:15 PM
  #47
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,874
vCash: 500
LA has to get more than Marleau. I would'nt even do Marleau for Frolov straight up

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:16 PM
  #48
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 46,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
Since the lockout, they've combined for 435 goals and 1057 points in 913 games.

That averages out to 36 goals, 88 points per player per season. Find me another line that's done that.
I judge by the last season. We're talking about present time, aren't we?

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:19 PM
  #49
DaveMatthew
Registered User
 
DaveMatthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 6,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
I judge by the last season. We're talking about present time, aren't we?
Last season was a **** show of epic proportions for everyone involved, largely due to the fact that we had Craig "I don't want anyone to create offense" Hartsburg as coach for more than half a season.

3 of the last 4 years that line has been incredible, so I'll look at last year as an exception.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:21 PM
  #50
Vaasa
Registered User
 
Vaasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
LA has to get more than Marleau. I would'nt even do Marleau for Frolov straight up
I don't think most Sharks fans would do Marleau for Frolov straight up either. So we can all agree that this deal is stupid and stop discussing the latest made-up rumor to come out the hockey press.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.