HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[SJ/LA/OTT] Heatley to SJ, Frolov & Stoll to OTT, Marleau to LA per ESPN

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-12-2009, 09:14 AM
  #701
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Ottawa is light years from being a contender ?

I don't agree (complete homer it's true). More like one good defensemen.
You mean more like ANY good dman?

Come on now what Sens blueliner is remotely like other contending teams top blueliners? Who is their Lidstrom, rafalski, kronwall, gonchar, letang, chara, wideman, green, pronger, campbell, keith, barker, seabrook, niedermayer, whitney, etc, etc, etc..

The Sens arent a contender this year. They will be again soon if Murray can follow the Flyers blueprint from a few years ago. Quick rebuild with youth, shed bad salaries, fisher, phillips, kelly, etc add some depth skilled forwards and attract a top free agent, not kovalev, and they will be back for sure.

oh and leclaire cant be a bust..


Last edited by Zetterberg4Captain: 09-12-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:20 AM
  #702
Mach 9*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York (not city)
Country: United States
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
So Frolov has a career year on his walk year playing with Kovalev and Stoll basically replaces Vermettes production. Stupid idea. Ottawa is light years from being a contender again. Two 2nd liners doesnt help.

They need to rebuild. The current group is not working. Plus, what have Frolov and Stoll done for LA all these years to warrant trading Heatley for them?

Heatley is a superstar on the ice. The Sens should get equal value in return, and sorry, but Frolov and Stoll just dont cut it IMO
Yea, because we just signed a big FA for 5 Mil to rebuild. Ottawa is no where near needing to rebuild, at least not while Alfredsson is still playing.

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:32 AM
  #703
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSenators11 View Post
Yea, because we just signed a big FA for 5 Mil to rebuild. Ottawa is no where near needing to rebuild, at least not while Alfredsson is still playing.
right because both kovalev and alffie have lead teams to be cup champions right?

no huge distractions ever in the sens locker room under alffies tenure right?

alfie is great but its time to move in a new direction..

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:01 AM
  #704
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,861
vCash: 500
Since the 2008 ASB the Sens have been one of the worst teams in hockey. It's been proven that the Big 3 cant carry the team to the playoffs by themselves. I would love to know with their current roster what they would be "contending" for? Mediocrity?

They most certainly arent contending for the cup, which is what i was implying. I know Sens fans are used to their teams being solid and stacked but in reality they are really far from competing with the Washington's, Pittsburgh's, Boston's, Detroit's and Chicago's of the the world.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:08 AM
  #705
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Since the 2008 ASB the Sens have been one of the worst teams in hockey. It's been proven that the Big 3 cant carry the team to the playoffs by themselves. I would love to know with their current roster what they would be "contending" for? Mediocrity?

They most certainly arent contending for the cup, which is what i was implying. I know Sens fans are used to their teams being solid and stacked but in reality they are really far from competing with the Washington's, Pittsburgh's, Boston's, Detroit's and Chicago's of the the world.

the problem with the Sens th epast few years havent been the BIg3 it has been having GERBER and freaken retarded coaches who play a defensive system with a backup in nets


that is the Sens problems over the two year, i think the Sens will surprise A LOT of ppl this year, including you

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:20 AM
  #706
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
the problem with the Sens th epast few years havent been the BIg3 it has been having GERBER and freaken retarded coaches who play a defensive system with a backup in nets


that is the Sens problems over the two year, i think the Sens will surprise A LOT of ppl this year, including you


They might be better than last year, but it wont hide the fact that if Ottawa wants to get back to being an NHL eliter team with the best young taklent in their system, they need to get a lot more in return than Frolov and Stoll.

Heatley is the last guy you want around these young kids. It sets a really bad example in a variety of ways. I understand that it's a business and the Sens need to make money and fill seats, but long-term they need to rebuild.

The Conference has become much better the last few years. While I think they have done some good things building up the future of their defense, they are really thin up front.

Whatever. The whole point of my response to this thread was to point out how ridiculous it would be for the Sens to trade Heatley for two 2nd liners, one of who is vastly overpaid.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:22 AM
  #707
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 7,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I don't see your point to be honest aside from calling me naive based on an opinion with no evidence to support it.

My analysis (read: opinion) on the situation is that this has all been a lot of manufactured smoke. Marleau is more prone to trade rumors than anyone after his being shopped last year before his contract kicked in and retained. However, that was coming off a career low season followed by a career season.

Just because they don't want him to be the captain anymore does not mean they do not want him on the team.

Exactly. You have no idea what his intention are, and there is no credible evidence of any sort to imply Patty has been shopped. In the absence of evidence you choose to make the leap that this is all misdirection and a cover up to keep it quiet instead of the more simple and supported option that he simply hasn't been shopped and that is why nothing solid has yet arisen.

Careful who you call naive, it's bordering very close on insulting the intelligence of your fellow board mates.
Sorry about the insult - I was in a ticked off mood when I wrote it after the Giants continued to stink it up. Alas, they had a decent run this season.

We can agree to disagree. The facts are the Sharks org (starting with Wilson) have a policy of not discussing rumors and they seem to be very good at controlling leaks. That, combined with the very minimal media coverage from the Bay Area press enables the Sharks to be very tight lipped and issue public denials. (Pollak's great for covering factual news but he isn't the best at scooping news nor does he provide much insight/analysis/editorial that would help fans get a better read on the Sharks moves.)

My view, like yours, is simply opinion. I have doubts about whether DW wants, can and should re-sign Patty. If Patty won't be a C or an A, I think he should be re-signed for around $4.5m. That could be a tough pill for Patty to swallow and he may opt to go elsewhere. He certainly has been scapegoated (somewhat fairly, mostly unfairly) and a fresh start could be appealing.

So, if you believe DW has any shred of doubt in re-signing Patty, it's his responsibility to try and get *something* rather than nothing. W/ that, it's logical to conclude that DW may be quietly hanging a For Sale sign on Patty Marleau. Obviously, it would have to be a good return for the Sharks and a place Patty would want to go to (given his NTC/NMC). The latter seems to make it difficult given his personal/family situation.

In any case, I like reading your posts. Sorry again for the insult.

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:37 AM
  #708
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I think everyone was implying that the media attention the team would recieve should Heatley stay would be a distraction and negatively affect their play, and not that Heatley is a locker-room cancer.
If a GM like Lombardi is saying he has baggage and wouldn't touch him I'm thinking there is at least half the GM's out there thinking the same.

And when Alfie says he called him a couple of times this summer to talk and he wouldn't return his calls I think it looks selfish on his part and maybe a little truth rings through as some grumblings about him wanting the "C" and so on...why not talk to your Captain?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:47 AM
  #709
4thliner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
has nothing to do with playing lazy but thanks for trying.
It was, I know it bud. I have been also around Kings boards. Nice attempt at a cover up though.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:15 AM
  #710
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If a GM like Lombardi is saying he has baggage and wouldn't touch him I'm thinking there is at least half the GM's out there thinking the same.

And when Alfie says he called him a couple of times this summer to talk and he wouldn't return his calls I think it looks selfish on his part and maybe a little truth rings through as some grumblings about him wanting the "C" and so on...why not talk to your Captain?
cause maybe the room is divided and the gusy arent that close at all?

i think that has been said many times last season that the guys dont play for each other that they just look at hockey as their job and their teammates are the co-workers

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:19 AM
  #711
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 18,819
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
It was, I know it bud. I have been also around Kings boards. Nice attempt at a cover up though.
Ok if you know Kings fans so well:

If a Kings fan had a choice between a slice of pizza, a reese's peanut butter cup , or a chessman cookie what would a Kings fan choose?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:32 AM
  #712
theranfordflop
Registered User
 
theranfordflop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Dregger reporting it's Chicago or San Jose.

theranfordflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:44 AM
  #713
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,448
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

Two horse race for Heatley. San Jose and Chicago.
23 minutes ago from mobile web

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:49 AM
  #714
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,153
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Why is it obvious they are interested in dealing him? We've yet to hear one credible rumor that was not utterly denied by DW or Pollak or Marleau himself.

I don't think DW has even tried to trade Marleau, or ever intended to. It's possible he dangled him here and there to get talks going, he's known to do that, but had no intention of actually trading him.

Why would he? He is our best goal scorer and our best two way forward. He's loyal and he's one of the fastest skaters in the NHL.
Because Heatley would replace and add to that production. I am not saying they are trying to shop him, all I am saying is Marleau doesn't know if they are trying to shop him. He doesn't know anything other than the fact that at this very moment he is a Shark. That and if they are talking with Ottawa about Heatley - Marleau is in the discussion. We know there have been discussions between Ottawa and the Sharks for Heatley - here are your options:

Two of: Michalek, Clowe, Cheechoo

One of: Nabokov, Thornton, Marleau

Obviously Thornton is off the table, and I doubt SJ wants to be dangling Clowe. Neither the Flames nor the Kings want Nabokov. So either you trade Michalek and Cheechoo (LA is likely not interested but perhaps the Sens are straight up) or you trade Marleau (both teams are interested). So, if San Jose has any interest in Heatley, Marleau would most likely be the one going out the door.

It would be foolish to think DW hasn't even talked or thought about it, the whole scenario I was talking about was merely a hypothetical that if he was asked and it came to his attention that SJ was interested in dealing him, why would he want to stay?

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:51 AM
  #715
bdp
Registered User
 
bdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Heatley was supposed to talk to the Ottawa media this morning but hasn't done so yet, most think something is up.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 12:04 PM
  #716
D Huang
Registered User
 
D Huang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: China
Posts: 753
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to D Huang
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../10859556.html

Christ.

D Huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 12:36 PM
  #717
Asquaredx2
Registered User
 
Asquaredx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harfo1 View Post
right because both kovalev and alffie have lead teams to be cup champions right?

no huge distractions ever in the sens locker room under alffies tenure right?

alfie is great but its time to move in a new direction..
Bizarre argument. You listed Washington, Boston and Chicago as contenders but none of their core players have done anything of that sort either.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 12:39 PM
  #718
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano View Post
Heatley was supposed to talk to the Ottawa media this morning but hasn't done so yet, most think something is up.
He's in the bathroom taking a dump and yelling at a janitor because he doesn't have options for toilet paper

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.