HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will langdon start in playoffs?? Ihope

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2004, 12:09 AM
qwert

vCash: 500
Will langdon start in playoffs?? Ihope

I hope langdon starts, we need his size, boston are huge

Old
04-05-2004, 12:47 AM
chicpea*

quert, Go back under your rock. You give the internet a bad name.

(Everyone, please check out his other posts here:
http://hfboards.com/search.php?searchid=176401.
I was just over at the Canucks board and he was stirring it up there. Turns out, he stirs it up everywhere and half of the threads he starts are locked, for good reason; don't mean to be a jerk, and I like Langdon, I just get the impression from his other posts that quert finds the *worst* player in every team's organisation and then goes around posting how great they are [e.g. druken at the leafs, Mclean at Columbus])

Old
04-05-2004, 01:11 AM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
quert, Go back under your rock. You give the internet a bad name.

(Everyone, please check out his other posts here:
http://hfboards.com/search.php?searchid=176401.
I was just over at the Canucks board and he was stirring it up there. Turns out, he stirs it up everywhere and half of the threads he starts are locked, for good reason; don't mean to be a jerk, and I like Langdon, I just get the impression from his other posts that quert finds the *worst* player in every team's organisation and then goes around posting how great they are [e.g. druken at the leafs, Mclean at Columbus])
He started a thread on Toronto's board wishing that Druken will play against Ottawa in the playoffs...

Old
04-05-2004, 08:13 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Who cares what he said.

I still agree that we should play Langdon

Old
04-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Well Langdon should play, but Qwert should not be here.

We are gona need Langdon for his toughness against a pretty strong Boston team. Im sure CJ will realize this and place him on the fourth.

Old
04-05-2004, 08:31 AM
Darz

I would be surprised if Langdon was NOT in the lineup on Wednesday.

Old
04-05-2004, 08:34 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I would be surprised if Langdon was NOT in the lineup on Wednesday.
CJ is know for his "surprises"

Having said that, man oh man, i wouldnt be surprised at all. LOL!

Old
04-05-2004, 08:34 AM
Mike8

I'd say he has a role on this team in the playoffs. I would sooner play Langdon than Dackell, Juneau or Perreault.

I have two concerns with Langdon playing:

1) he's unable to carry the puck. While he can freeze it along the boards and do some cycling, he's fairly limited still. He's not overly helpful in a grind line capacity which is what I'd want from the fourth line (hopefully with Begin and Ward). With that said, none of the healthy scratches are any more capable than Langdon in a grind line role.

2) Tough guys get penalties that regular players would not. That comes with the territory. Langdon hits a player and it's from the side, they'll call it hitting from behind or boarding. Koivu does the same hit and it's a good clean check. We've seen this countless number of times where Langdon's cleanly hit an opponent and gets a penalty for it, so it is something to be aware of.

Old
04-05-2004, 11:11 AM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8

2) Tough guys get penalties that regular players would not. That comes with the territory. Langdon hits a player and it's from the side, they'll call it hitting from behind or boarding. Koivu does the same hit and it's a good clean check. We've seen this countless number of times where Langdon's cleanly hit an opponent and gets a penalty for it, so it is something to be aware of.

This is true. Still, after our last game with the Bruins I'd be happy if were in the lineup in some capacity.

Old
04-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Breenger

Hey, Quert is just representing the Rock. All Newfies should thank him.
I kinda would like to see Langdon... but then again he is the boringist fighter I have ever seen. He must be the lovingist player in the game though... he just wants someone to hold.

Old
04-05-2004, 07:38 PM
not quite yoda

There is no use for Langdon. He plays 5 minutes and get a fighting major. In the playoffs, there are no fights. Also, we will roll 4 lines... Langdon cant play 15 minutes. He is an awfull player aside from his hustle and his fighting ability.

Old
04-05-2004, 07:51 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
There is no use for Langdon. He plays 5 minutes and get a fighting major. In the playoffs, there are no fights. Also, we will roll 4 lines... Langdon cant play 15 minutes. He is an awfull player aside from his hustle and his fighting ability.
We'll scratch Doull if you scratch langdon....

Old
04-05-2004, 07:58 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
We'll scratch Doull if you scratch langdon....
yes , and we will dress Komisarek so Quintal or Rivet will take a fight if needed ! I don't like Langdon .

Old
04-05-2004, 09:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I'd say he has a role on this team in the playoffs. I would sooner play Langdon than Dackell, Juneau or Perreault.

I have two concerns with Langdon playing:

1) he's unable to carry the puck. While he can freeze it along the boards and do some cycling, he's fairly limited still. He's not overly helpful in a grind line capacity which is what I'd want from the fourth line (hopefully with Begin and Ward). With that said, none of the healthy scratches are any more capable than Langdon in a grind line role.

I agree except playing Langdon over Juneau. I think Juneau can be more effective, as he has the smarts and good wheels to help on the PK and in a reduced checking role. I think Langdon is needed in the lineup for his leadership role as well. Langdon from what I hear is very good in the locker room and if things get out of hand, it would be good to have him on the bench. Plus he can take the body which we'll need, but I wonder if Julien will dress him or not.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
I don't like langdon over Juneau, he hasn't convinced me of his ability to do anything except set new record times for longest and most boring fights ever (call him a smart fighter if you will, but I don't like his style I guess ) He reminds me of That freak tall red head ummm whats his nameee oh ya DWYER eww

Old
04-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I agree except playing Langdon over Juneau. I think Juneau can be more effective, as he has the smarts and good wheels to help on the PK and in a reduced checking role. I think Langdon is needed in the lineup for his leadership role as well. Langdon from what I hear is very good in the locker room and if things get out of hand, it would be good to have him on the bench. Plus he can take the body which we'll need, but I wonder if Julien will dress him or not.
Depends. I don't mind Juneau playing in the Boston series because he overachieves in games against Boston. But Juneau struggles on the wing. He's far too slow and soft for the wing. If he's the center, then his line struggles because he has more responsibilities than his body can handle at this stage in his career. He's simply not good enough to be a centerman in the NHL anymore, in my opinion.

So I would sooner play him on the wing against the B's. Let him cause obstruction in the neutral zone, which is where he's excelled the past 3 years in Montreal. He does it well.

But I'd choose Langdon in a second in any other series.

Closed Thread