HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dougie Mac joins forces with Balsille

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-12-2009, 06:50 AM
  #76
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
I think the word we're looking for is "vile", as in wretchedly bad, as opposed to the small container...
Hahaha...yeah...vile is the correct term. I don't need to rephrase anything. Re-SPELL? Clearly.

Quote:
But I still love the guy.
Awesome. I am not sure how anyone could love someone who treats people as poorly as Doug has at times. The comments he said regarding Mr. Mac himself were truly disgusting and unforgivable. I am hoping that you didn't hear them rather than are just choosing to excuse them.

Nope, I do not need to rephrase anything.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 06:59 AM
  #77
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Awesome. I am not sure how anyone could love someone who treats people as poorly as Doug has at times. The comments he said regarding Mr. Mac himself were truly disgusting and unforgivable. I am hoping that you didn't hear them rather than are just choosing to excuse them.

Nope, I do not need to rephrase anything.
Yep - Doug had a bad habit of being arrogant, dismissive and condescending. I'm sure his family still loves him.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 07:04 AM
  #78
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Yep - Doug had a bad habit of being arrogant, dismissive and condescending. I'm sure his family still loves him.
Of course they do.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 07:47 AM
  #79
Ar-too
Registered User
 
Ar-too's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 10,676
vCash: 1695
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Which ones were those?

Ar-too is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:00 AM
  #80
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
Which ones were those?
Sorry, can't link them because he said them on the radio. They were derogatory towards Mr. Mac shortly after his death (when Doug was STILL on Mr. Mac's payroll) stating along the lines of: 'he had to cut his meat for him' and similar such things--'like running a high school basketball team working for Mr. Mac'...etc. They were disgusting and unforgivable.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...no link so it didn't happen, right? I am not going to get into all this with you. I know what I know about him and I know enough to feel comfortable stating that he is a vile human.

You like him, you have always stated as much an have used not much more than 'link it or it didn't happen' as a rebuttal. That's cool, but we have done this dance before and it does nobody any good to rehash it.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:17 AM
  #81
Ar-too
Registered User
 
Ar-too's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 10,676
vCash: 1695
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=512851

I remember hearing about it and I remember Doug coming off not so well (as a big ol' jackass really) when he meant no harm, ie, typical Doug.

Quote:
Question: There's talk you might be a candidate for the coaching job in Florida. Is that something you’d want to put your hooks back in?

Answer: I was talking to (Anaheim Ducks general manager) Brian Burke yesterday, as a matter of fact, and we were talking about that very thing. I said I think I left coaching a little early because I got such a great opportunity to go to Columbus and start a franchise. I went back and I coached in Columbus for a year. I was the president, I was the general manager, I was running the rink, I was trying to get the Rolling Stones to play in our building … I mean, I just had too many hats. Mr. McConnell, God bless him, but he thought I was running a high school basketball team, if the truth was known. He had no idea of the size of the operation, that it really was running an NHL team and a building and everything. So, I, I, … it intrigues me to think about it. I’ve talked, actually, to two or three teams about the possibility of coaching and I’m just going to take my time and see what opens up.
And, truth be told, he probably did have too many hats and that's partly on him, but it's also partly on Mr Mac.

You're right, we have been through this before.

Ar-too is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:19 AM
  #82
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=512851

I remember hearing about it and I remember Doug coming off not so well (as a big ol' jackass really) when he meant no harm, ie, typical Doug.



And, truth be told, he probably did have too many hats and that's partly on him, but it's also partly on Mr Mac.

You're right, we have been through this before.
Then we can rename this thread "rehash-marks"

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:33 AM
  #83
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Of course they do.
Probably to matter-of-fact a post from me -- just trying to say that, despite his shortcomings and failures, he is not without accomplishment and redeeming qualities and maybe not a totally vile person.

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:38 AM
  #84
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=512851

I remember hearing about it and I remember Doug coming off not so well (as a big ol' jackass really) when he meant no harm, ie, typical Doug.



And, truth be told, he probably did have too many hats and that's partly on him, but it's also partly on Mr Mac.

You're right, we have been through this before.
Quite frankly the high school remarks were pretty tame in comparison to the 'cutting his meat' comment. Also, a LOT gets lost in the written word, Doug's tone says a lot more than the words he actually says.

Apparently it wasn't all within the same interview. Plus, it isn't like that is my only fodder for my opinion of him. Regardless, I have my reasons and you have yours.

I will say that I have a REAL big problem with anyone placing any blame on Mr. Mac.

Mr. Mac wanted a pro franchise and he felt hockey players were the nicest pro athletes of the 4 major sports so he chose hockey--then he chose Doug. He gave the guy the trust and the clean slate to handle it however he saw fit. That is how Mr. Mac operated and he became very successful and HIGHLY respected as a result.

If Doug wanted to wear fewer hats he would have put more (PEI) guys in place. He wanted to wear those hats, he HAD to wear those hats...he is, like most competitive driven people, a control freak. It was Doug who made his bed but then complained about how uncomfy it was after the fact.

Was it a mistake to trust Doug so completely? Obviously. Was it a fault of Mr. Mac? I guess if you chose to look at an that way as an excuse to absolve Doug, certainly, but to assign fault to a guy who clearly trusted too much for too long is very twisted in my opinion. Especially a guy like Mr. Mac.


Last edited by hashmarks: 09-12-2009 at 08:45 AM.
hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:40 AM
  #85
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Probably to matter-of-fact a post from me -- just trying to say that, despite his shortcomings and failures, he is not without accomplishment and redeeming qualities and maybe not a totally vile person.
Evil to the core? Unlikely. Has he done some good? Of course, one can't deny it, but his 'act', the way he handles people, the way he treats people and his seeming disloyalty etc, etc, I have no trouble using the term vile as a description. I just seem to have trouble spelling it.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:58 AM
  #86
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,371
vCash: 500
We all know the Columbus media has no love for Doug. For further proof:

http://blog.dispatch.com/marace_nhl/


Arace also alludes to the same type of comments from DM regarding Mr. Mac that hashmarks recalls. Please do follow the link to the SI comentary, though. They have no ax to grind and come to a similar conclusion many here have expressed.

Ar-too, you've been very loyal and consistent in expressing your support. You know you're in a minority, but you've stuck by your convictions. Too few, in today's world, are willing to do that. I don't share your feelings, but I respect you for hanging in against the tide.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:10 AM
  #87
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 8,405
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Hahaha...yeah...vile is the correct term. I don't need to rephrase anything. Re-SPELL? Clearly.

Awesome. I am not sure how anyone could love someone who treats people as poorly as Doug has at times. The comments he said regarding Mr. Mac himself were truly disgusting and unforgivable. I am hoping that you didn't hear them rather than are just choosing to excuse them.

Nope, I do not need to rephrase anything.
Yes, you do. I've listened to MacLean on the Fan 590 in Toronto literally hundreds of times. You have the right to disagree with the way that MacLean ran your franchise, and even the right to misinterpret his sometime sarcastic way of expressing himself. I really question though why you'd term someone as a vile human based upon third person reports (written interviews) and on radio comments made during an interview that you most possibly both heard and took out of context.

MacLean often speaks of his time in Columbus on his radio show, and he ALWAYS speaks of his time there in the most glowing of terms. He obviously loved the people there, the fans, the people he worked with, and most of all, the owner that gave him his first job running an NHL franchise. Did you personally know the owner that you claim to defend? Because MacLean did; he went to the gentleman's funeral and spent time with his family after his passing. MacLean spent a good portion of the weeks following your owner's passing speaking in only the most complimentary terms about the man.

So, anyway, you claim him to be vile because you feel he disrespected your former owner, a man you most likely did not know. Yet, I'm willing to bet that MacLean had thousands of interactions with the man himself, had a personal and business relationship with the man, and most likely a friendship as well. A friendship where they were so comfortable in each others presence that they were able to joke around with each other and to be sarcastic. I'm quite sure that you've taken everything MacLean has said about your former owner out of context. The running a high school team remark meant that the owner perhaps wasn't initially aware of the scope of running a professional hockey franchise. "Cutting his meat for him" could easily mean that he did all of the grunt work on behalf of the owner, something that managers do for a living in fact.

But hey, keep on claiming that MacLean is a vile guy, despite the fact that you don't know him personally, certainly not well enough to make those claims, nor did you personally know the owner that you claim to be defending. That doesn't seem to be a very sound basis for the forming of such a rigid opinion.

That you claim someone that you don't personally know is vile based upon a supposed defense of another (that you also don't personally know) says a lot more about you than it does about your intended target.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:16 AM
  #88
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
We all know the Columbus media has no love for Doug. For further proof:

http://blog.dispatch.com/marace_nhl/


Arace also alludes to the same type of comments from DM regarding Mr. Mac that hashmarks recalls. Please do follow the link to the SI comentary, though. They have no ax to grind and come to a similar conclusion many here have expressed.

Ar-too, you've been very loyal and consistent in expressing your support. You know you're in a minority, but you've stuck by your convictions. Too few, in today's world, are willing to do that. I don't share your feelings, but I respect you for hanging in against the tide.
Even showing that he has been far more loyal and steadfast than the guy he is defending. Kudos.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:18 AM
  #89
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 8,405
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
We all know the Columbus media has no love for Doug. For further proof:

http://blog.dispatch.com/marace_nhl/


Arace also alludes to the same type of comments from DM regarding Mr. Mac that hashmarks recalls. Please do follow the link to the SI comentary, though. They have no ax to grind and come to a similar conclusion many here have expressed.

Ar-too, you've been very loyal and consistent in expressing your support. You know you're in a minority, but you've stuck by your convictions. Too few, in today's world, are willing to do that. I don't share your feelings, but I respect you for hanging in against the tide.
That proves nothing. Many NHL managers have poor relations with the press, especially in markets that are basically new to the sport. How would you have felt about dealing daily with reporters that lack a tacit understanding of both what you do and your sport? Dealing at times with people who are only covering hockey because the prime football gigs were already taken. Surely you'd be short and curt with them as well after having been asked thousands of inane questions repeatedly.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:22 AM
  #90
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Yes, you do. I've listened to MacLean on the Fan 590 in Toronto literally hundreds of times. You have the right to disagree with the way that MacLean ran your franchise, and even the right to misinterpret his sometime sarcastic way of expressing himself. I really question though why you'd term someone as a vile human based upon third person reports (written interviews) and on radio comments made during an interview that you most possibly both heard and took out of context.
That would be lunacy. Fortunately that is not what I am basing my opinion on, eh?

As for the rest of your post, I could pick through it and dismantle it point by point, but I am not going to bother. You are making some large assumptions and I don't care to clarify with you. I know what I know and that is all I am going to say. YOU are the one who is assuming everything.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:24 AM
  #91
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
That proves nothing. Many NHL managers have poor relations with the press, especially in markets that are basically new to the sport. How would you have felt about dealing daily with reporters that lack a tacit understanding of both what you do and your sport? Dealing at times with people who are only covering hockey because the prime football gigs were already taken. Surely you'd be short and curt with them as well after having been asked thousands of inane questions repeatedly.
Could you please share who, in these new markets, who have a poor relationship with the press? I am curious. Links would be help too. Thanks.

There are guys in place that are currently dealing with the same media and have had no encounters and deal with the inane questions with good humor and consideration.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:29 AM
  #92
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 8,405
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
That would be lunacy. Fortunately that is not what I am basing my opinion on, eh?

As for the rest of your post, I could pick through it and dismantle it point by point, but I am not going to bother. You are making some large assumptions and I don't care to clarify with you. I know what I know and that is all I am going to say. YOU are the one who is assuming everything.
You claim to "know what you know" in the hopes of not having to defend yourself. You are ripping a guy that you don't personally know in the hopes of scoring some internet points, while claiming to defend a guy that you also did not know. FYI, reading about someone online and listening to them speak in interviews does not mean that you have a personal relationship with them, again, FYI.

MacLean is supposedly a vile human, yet your owner felt comfortable enough with him to leave him in his employ for many years, and kept him there beyond the average service date of most NHL GMs. MacLean is supposedly a vile human, yet he was just hired by the gentleman that runs the fastest growing company in the world. I'll take their opinions and judgments of MacLean's character over yours any day.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:42 AM
  #93
Happy Pony
Registered User
 
Happy Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
@ Gump, I don't know about Hash, but I have met Mr. Mac on a few lucky occasions. He was a great guy. I also met Dougie Mac significantly more times than you can count on your hands and toes (unless you're some 50 toed freak) and he was exactly how he's been described by many on this thread.

He's not the second coming of Satan, but he is by no means a saint. On a scale of 1 (jackass) to 10 (bag 'o' ******) Doug somehow manages to cover the whole spectrum.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:49 AM
  #94
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 8,405
vCash: 1200
Further to MacLean working as both GM and president for your former owner, and his employment now as a consultant for the gentleman that owns the fastest growing company on the globe, I failed to also mention that MacLean also works for Rogers, one of the largest media conglomerates around, working as both a radio personality for The Fan and as a television host of a hockey show on Sportsnet, both located in the largest and most rabid hockey market on the planet.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...pe=Residential

If he had such a bad relationship with McCown and The Fan, why did The Fan just give MacLean his own two hour show, beginning this Monday, one that leads directly into McCown's show? You folks that are claiming McCown and MacLean have such a poor relationship have just been played big time. They are friends and it was simply hype for MacLean's new show.

To summarize, an anonymous internet poster claims MacLean to be vile, yet the former owner of your team, the current owner of the fastest growing company in the world, and one of the largest media conglomerates all feel comfortable enough with the man to give him money to work for them.

You guys are entitled to your opinions though. Carry on bashing someone you don't know.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:51 AM
  #95
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
You claim to "know what you know" in the hopes of not having to defend yourself. You are ripping a guy that you don't personally know in the hopes of scoring some internet points, while claiming to defend a guy that you also did not know. FYI, reading about someone online and listening to them speak in interviews does not mean that you have a personal relationship with them, again, FYI.
In hopes of not having to defend myself on a MESSAGE BOARD? Too funny. Last I checked it was up to me what I chose to share, and I have shared my opinion, just like you. For some reason, in a very Maclean-like fashion, you are making an effort to get personal.

It is quite hypocritcal of you to lambaste me for your assumption that I have tagged him as vile based on what I have read, but have chosen to highlight some supposed major character flaws in me as a person based on a few posts. Nice one.

Quote:
MacLean is supposedly a vile human, yet your owner felt comfortable enough with him to leave him in his employ for many years, and kept him there beyond the average service date of most NHL GMs. MacLean is supposedly a vile human, yet he was just hired by the gentleman that runs the fastest growing company in the world. I'll take their opinions and judgments of MacLean's character over yours any day.
Good for you. I don't know Ballsillie, but I will take the word of Bettman, his board of governers, other owners in the league, and some of the outsiders who have commented on him and assume that he IS, in fact, the jackass that people allude to him being and that he shouldn't be part of the NHL.

I don't see Ballsillie picking up Doug as a good reflection on Ballsillie at all. Actually it might just drive home the fact that Bettman et al are completely justified in their stance against him.

I have met loads of VERY rich, successful people some of which are ********, because a guy can run a company doesn't really reveal much to me. It isn't, quite frankly, what I value in a person.


Last edited by hashmarks: 09-12-2009 at 10:18 AM.
hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:52 AM
  #96
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,740
vCash: 500
1) I want the Phoenix Coyotes to succeed in Phoenix

BUT>....If Ballswere to get his hands on the team. I would hope the first call he would get was from David Poile dangling Ryan Ellis (Hamilton Homeboy) for a trade. With Mac's epic level of stupid and pressure from Balls. I can't even imagine what kind of deal Nashville would get.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:53 AM
  #97
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Further to MacLean working as both GM and president for your former owner, and his employment now as a consultant for the gentleman that owns the fastest growing company on the globe, I failed to also mention that MacLean also works for Rogers, one of the largest media conglomerates around, working as both a radio personality for The Fan and as a television host of a hockey show on Sportsnet, both located in the largest and most rabid hockey market on the planet.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...pe=Residential

If he had such a bad relationship with McCown and The Fan, why did The Fan just give MacLean his own two hour show, beginning this Monday, one that leads directly into McCown's show? You folks that are claiming McCown and MacLean have such a poor relationship have just been played big time. They are friends and it was simply hype for MacLean's new show.

To summarize, an anonymous internet poster claims MacLean to be vile, yet the former owner of your team, the current owner of the fastest growing company in the world, and one of the largest media conglomerates all feel comfortable enough with the man to give him money to work for them.

You guys are entitled to your opinions though. Carry on bashing someone you don't know.
Doug, is that you?

Oh my.

Soooo many assumptions so little time...

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:08 AM
  #98
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
That proves nothing. Many NHL managers have poor relations with the press, especially in markets that are basically new to the sport. How would you have felt about dealing daily with reporters that lack a tacit understanding of both what you do and your sport? Dealing at times with people who are only covering hockey because the prime football gigs were already taken. Surely you'd be short and curt with them as well after having been asked thousands of inane questions repeatedly.
New to the sport? Columbus has a long history of support for all levels of hockey (that's Ohio, just across Lake Erie from Canada, ya'know. Right between Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo), especially IHL and AHL. Lack of understanding of the sport? The regulars who cover the Jackets have a long, successful record of hockey coverage in major hockey markets. As for "thousands of inane questions," have you ever watched a presser in your life? Anyone who can't handle stupid questions shouldn't be in front of the press. Doug's best off where he is - on the other side of the mike, with his own lacky controling the audio board.

You have come here to support him based, apparently, on having listened to him on the radio "literally hundreds of times." We've all heard him, too. It seems that many of us have come to a different conclusion regarding his character. You see his link to Balsillie as commendable. Most see it as otherwise. It's all just opinion.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:14 AM
  #99
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 23,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
1) I want the Phoenix Coyotes to succeed in Phoenix

BUT>....If Ballswere to get his hands on the team. I would hope the first call he would get was from David Poile dangling Ryan Ellis (Hamilton Homeboy) for a trade. With Mac's epic level of stupid and pressure from Balls. I can't even imagine what kind of deal Nashville would get.
My favorite potential trade scenario there would be Zbynek Michalek for Fredrik Modin.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:16 AM
  #100
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Further to MacLean working as both GM and president for your former owner, and his employment now as a consultant for the gentleman that owns the fastest growing company on the globe, I failed to also mention that MacLean also works for Rogers, one of the largest media conglomerates around, working as both a radio personality for The Fan and as a television host of a hockey show on Sportsnet, both located in the largest and most rabid hockey market on the planet.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...pe=Residential

If he had such a bad relationship with McCown and The Fan, why did The Fan just give MacLean his own two hour show, beginning this Monday, one that leads directly into McCown's show? You folks that are claiming McCown and MacLean have such a poor relationship have just been played big time. They are friends and it was simply hype for MacLean's new show.

To summarize, an anonymous internet poster claims MacLean to be vile, yet the former owner of your team, the current owner of the fastest growing company in the world, and one of the largest media conglomerates all feel comfortable enough with the man to give him money to work for them.

You guys are entitled to your opinions though. Carry on bashing someone you don't know.
Do you live in Hamilton?

We too, got to listen to Dougie boy, on his weekly radio show on 1460 here in Columbus. The guy was arrogant at times, and rude to callers, asking many of them: "Have you ever coached an NHL team before?" when they asked a question. His poor relationship with the local media was of his own doing, not the other way around.

Mr. Mac was known for his devotion and patience to his employees, and Doug's far to long tenure was testament to that. It wasn't his performance that kept him here.

I, too, respect the job he did as President of the team, but as the GM/Coach, forget about it.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.