HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rejean Tremblay is going at it again !

Old
09-10-2009, 05:28 PM
AIRic

vCash: 500
Rejean Tremblay c'tun plein d'marde!

Sorry, but it's good to tell the truth sometime...

He just want to create controversies since he don't understand how the hockey world works now. He just repeat itself like someone with Alzheimer, living in the past without any knowledge of the present. He's just too stubborn to see that the organization did everything they could to improve on his critical aspect.

AIRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 05:59 PM
habber24

He keeps making reference that Quebec is a nation like the swedes, japanese, etc and these nations speak their native language and not english. That separatist forgot that Quebec is not a nation it's a PROVINCE!!!!!! I'm a francaphone from NB and proud of it, but this clown is giving every francophone and quebequer a bad rap!!!

habber24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 06:03 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Unless your parents are rich enough to pay for private schools, your kids will have to study in french. Even if you do go to a private school, french classes are mandatory unless I'm mistaken there.

You will never hear an anglo whine about how a queb can't speak english even though it's the most popular tongue of their country. But all the time you hear some Quebs about people not speaking french. Both are just as important as the other.
I also find it ironic to hear Quebs that can't even speak good french in the first place whine about it.

Language should not be an issue when you have players from across the world that can be just as good or better.
You have a small pool of talent in Qc via the World. It's normal to see less Quebs as talent around the world keeps improving.

You don't need a genius to figure that one out, but you definitely need to be an idiot to claim the reason for that is discrimination and boycott.
Exactly

we can debate all day long, should frenchies learn english ? should the anglos learn french ? can a frenchie be succesful even if (s)he doesnt know a single word of english ? and so on...

but in the case, the article, the guy got it all wrong...

Gomez isnt paid to serve fries to english and french speaking customers, Cammy isnt paid to troubleshoot some computer issue over the phone with a frenchie from Matane...

theses guys are paid to score goals, make saves, block shots, hit the opponent, skate one direction or another... and none of the things they're paid to do involves talking with the customer...

so who cares what language they speak, really...

Sorry Rejean, but I dont fall in your "I'm too fu**ing dumb to pick up a few words of a 2nd language" category... guess I'm not part of that 5M...

And dont get me wrong Reggie, I dont kiss anyone's behind like most in your 5M category... wanna sell me something ? do it in french or find another fish...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 06:41 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
NCAA are schools so they want the players to learn and develop them, team in the Q want to wins and have audience they want to sell a product.
In theory the Q is supposed to care about schooling. In practice, not so much.

Of course, that has strictly nothing to do with the rules on fighting, except maybe making the NCAA a safer and more civilized place for parents to send their kids.

Quote:
Look at Pacs,Sergei and Andrei K. Pacs need adjustment before he join the big league the basics are all there but he need to adjust his style of play and learn how to play 82 games at a pro level.
I think this has more to do with shorter seasons in the NCAA/European leagues, than with having fighting at the junior level. For that matter, CHL players also often need to adapt unless they are genuinely exceptional, and even then. See what happened to Steven Stamkos. Individual player development is idiosyncratic enough that anectdotal information is of limited usefulness anyway.

It certainly has nothing to do with the rules about fighting.

Quote:
All team were tired in the memorial cup but Drummondville was not use to get hit and have in your face players so their small bruises became big bruises.
That had really nothing to do with it. What killed them was a harsh Q league final followed by a bout of the flu. Again, fighting had nothing to do with it.

Quote:
I watched some Mtl Juniors last year and alot of players from the Q have talent but alot of them are very soft .
A lot of them are really kids playing against men. Bet that's a factor too.

In any case, looser rules for fighting would do exactly nothing to affect the supposed softness of the league. It will make people who think like Don Cherry imagine that it toughens up the player, but equating fighting with toughness really is an absurd notion.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

We need to start going after the sponsors of these 'journalists' - like what's happening with that moron glen beck in the states...

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
In theory the Q is supposed to care about schooling. In practice, not so much
That's why I said they want to sell a product, teaching kids it's not a priorities for them

Quote:
I think this has more to do with shorter seasons in the NCAA/European leagues, than with having fighting at the junior level. For that matter, CHL players also often need to adapt unless they are genuinely exceptional, and even then. See what happened to Steven Stamkos. Individual player development is idiosyncratic enough that anectdotal information is of limited usefulness anyway.

It certainly has nothing to do with the rules about fighting.
The thing I wanted to say it's that:
NCAA- They are there to teach kid not sell a product
Europe-Different rules and style of play
CHL-almost the same rule as the Nhl except for the Q.

so what the advantage to play in the Q

Quote:
In any case, looser rules for fighting would do exactly nothing to affect the supposed softness of the league. It will make people who think like Don Cherry imagine that it toughens up the player, but equating fighting with toughness really is an absurd notion.
it's not just the fighting, it's the rule are made for a softer game. no scrum are tolerate, alot of penalties for roughing so less big hit ,players can shine even if they are not physical so players don't focus that much on the physical side of the game.

You saw how Canada dominate their opponent physically at WJC ,it's not even funny and that's a big reason why they win often. They are in advance on that side of the game.

But i'm all with the no fighting if the Q take the NCAA approach but it's far from the case right now

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:24 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
The circus will never stop ! Did you see Rejean Tremblay's article in La Presse today ? Can you guess what he's talking about ? You're right ! There's-not-enough-francophones-with-the-Canadiens-Bob-Gainey-despise-french-canadian-he-did-a-great-job-of-getting-rid-of-them-it's-unacceptable-the-Molson-will-not-tolerate-that-bla-bla-bla

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...ancophones.php

That kind of garbage gets be so frustrated.
Maybe he is just a lazy journalist and re-publishes the same story over and over and just changes words around.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:35 PM
AIRic

It's funny that he had no place for readers comments unlike Gagnon. I'm sure he knows that he would get blasted by internet users.

AIRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:09 PM
JrHockeyFan

All these "journalists" are feeding a certain segment of the population that buys into this crap. Every City in Canada has guys like this. It's basically "us versus them and everybody is screwing us" mentality. Cherry is the same sort

So it's not really a language issue at all. it's not really even a Quebec players issue. It's just one more writer stirring the pot with whatever ingredients he can find in the area around him. The big question is how many folks allow themselves to get fished in.

Despicable but it seems to guarantee a job somehow

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Réjaune Tremblay, journalist???????

Yeah, and I'm the president of the world.

No, really, I am. Really..

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
NCAA- They are there to teach kid not sell a product
pardon me?

I'm not sure how much NCAA sports you follow but it's quite the contrary. You can look at wonderlic tests that athletes pass at the combine whether in hockey, baseball, basketball or football and you'll see that they don't spend much time in classrooms. There's a load of players testing below 10/50 on those tests every year and those are supposed college students. 10/50 on such tests shows that you can barely read.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
pardon me?

I'm not sure how much NCAA sports you follow but it's quite the contrary. You can look at wonderlic tests that athletes pass at the combine whether in hockey, baseball, basketball or football and you'll see that they don't spend much time in classrooms. There's a load of players testing below 10/50 on those tests every year and those are supposed college students. 10/50 on such tests shows that you can barely read.
teach kids to play sport

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:46 PM
silver321

By his logic, we should have signed Dandenault, Bouillon and Brisebois...

Tanguay and Begin is a bit different...

It's clear Tanguay was still injured to his shoulders, its why they didnt sign him..

Begin gave his 110% every games but he always found a way to take a stupid penalty in the most important games..

It has nothing to do with ''Gainey despise french canadian''
We needed a change.. we have a better Def squad now and it wont make a difference if they are quebecers or americans

Rejean Tremblay is getting old and senile, a bit like Don cherry
Even tho Cherry knows more about hockey then Tremblay dumbass
He's saying the same crap over and over trying to sound smart

silver321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 09:53 PM
LouisJCloutier

If you didn't liked Tremblay's article, don't listen to L'attaque à Cinq right now.....you won't like it.

It's worse.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
If you didn't liked Tremblay's article, don't listen to L'attaque à Cinq right now.....you won't like it.

It's worse.
I just watched it on the web, for two minutes... JC Lajoie... this must... he's hostile to life and freedom.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Opeth

You know why we haven't won a cup in almost twenty years? Because we've had too many frenchmen on the team instead of actual good players. **** I hate the french media, they are so clueless it's not even funny.

Opeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:35 PM
parachutist

While it would be good to have more Quebecois on the team, we should also limit the number of imbeciles from each media outlet. So if we only had 3 idiots out of 43 journalists, our society would improve so much. JC Lajoie, Rejaune Tremblay, Blanchard, Ronald King, Jean Perron, Villeneuve, Pagé, they are all contributing in lowering the intelligence of the people in this province.

parachutist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:39 PM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

If guys like Tremblay and Lajoie are confused, guys like Richard, Geoffrion, Savard etc ... were all classy dudes.

wasn't the story back in the Turgeon, Damphousse and co days that the Habs had become a country club ?

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

I dont know if that was post earlier that is gold

http://www.radioego.com/ego/listen/608

listen the hole thing

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 12:27 AM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Man I'd beat the living **** out of Tremblay if I ever ran into him.
I would gladly step in.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Man, I've been called frog so many times. I played hockey in Ontario my whole life as a francophone, and refereed up to Junior B. If I had a dime for each time I was called that I'd be rich. Don't kid yourself it's out there.
You said the magic word, Ontario. I said in Quebec the slang "frog" has not been widely used is a looooong time.

RT is not exposed to the life of a francophone outside of Quebec as you have.

RT using that phrase is just being out of touch of the non franco reality within Quebec. Like when he reffered to a character in Lance et Comptes being into "Les Spices" (Spice Girls) waaaay past their shelf life, little girls had already moved on to another teen idol. Again, RT being out of touch.

In any case... RT has made a fortune being contraversal, and he does a fine job at stiring that pot.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
You said the magic word, Ontario. I said in Quebec the slang "frog" has not been widely used is a looooong time.

RT is not exposed to the life of a francophone outside of Quebec as you have.

RT using that phrase is just being out of touch of the non franco reality within Quebec. Like when he reffered to a character in Lance et Comptes being into "Les Spices" (Spice Girls) waaaay past their shelf life, little girls had already moved on to another teen idol. Again, RT being out of touch.

In any case... RT has made a fortune being contraversal, and he does a fine job at stiring that pot.
Ahh. Right. I can't say I've ever been called frog or anything like that in Quebec, indeed.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 09:34 AM
HomaridII

I never get involved in these discussions, mainly because I am neither anglophone nor francophone, they are my second and third language, spanish being my mother tongue .. but yesterday I was shocked seeing L'Ataque a 5. I don't have a great opinion of this show, always have preferred La Zone .. but man last night they sunk to a new low. I can't believe they actually suggested that the Habs dump Halak and get any goalie from the Q as a backup just to increase the number of francophones ... do these guys know ANYTHING about Hockey?

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 09:37 AM
LouisJCloutier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
I never get involved in these discussions, mainly because I am neither anglophone nor francophone, they are my second and third language, spanish being my mother tongue .. but yesterday I was shocked seeing L'Ataque a 5. I don't have a great opinion of this show, always have preferred La Zone .. but man last night they sunk to a new low. I can't believe they actually suggested that the Habs dump Halak and get any goalie from the Q as a backup just to increase the number of francophones ... do these guys know ANYTHING about Hockey?
Don't be surprise, Jean-Charles Lajoie is the worst commentator on hockey. Never heard him say anything bright about the Habs, always trying to find the small little problem and make it something big.

You should have a read his blog before the «worst day in habs history». He was talking like half the team was going to be arrested for ****, then nothing happened. It was so pathetic....

Last edited by LouisJCloutier: 09-11-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: mispelled the name
LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Not surprised...some members in the media/entertainment world in Quebec, tend to use the platform of sports to push across political agendas. It's weak, transparent, unprofessional and petty.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote