HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rejean Tremblay is going at it again !

Old
09-17-2009, 10:51 AM
frenchyfred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
If you find it, post it here, please...
sorry buddy I looked in every thread in the last 2 weeks and I haven't found anything

anyway thanx to all of you. your reactions confirm what my friend was saying and that was the point.

wow!!!! what an ostie de gros cave

frenchyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 10:56 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyfred View Post
sorry buddy I looked in every thread in the last 2 weeks and I haven't found anything

anyway thanx to all of you. your reactions confirm what my friend was saying and that was the point.

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:04 AM
fatmax

Quote:

There you go!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=675685

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:11 AM
frenchyfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
excellent thanx a lot

by the way, for all of you who understand french, I just found the audio...

http://www.985fm.ca/chmp/audio/audio...dio/228071.mp3

at 2:53 is where ignorance at its best begins

enjoy!!!

frenchyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:15 AM
sandman08

theres just no way that could even be taken out of context.. i mean, when someone says something utterly stupid like that, the argument of context is usually brought up but i cant really think of any possible way for that to be even used haha

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Belso

Quote:
excellent thanx a lot

enjoy!!!
Xenophobe... Or racist.. Which ever, it's sad to hear.. It's the last time I listen to that show...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:35 AM
onice

Quote:
excellent thanx a lot

enjoy!!!
C'mon that was pretty lame stuff. I've heard alot worse

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:55 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Is it possible, that these journalists were such big Nordique fans that they do it on purpose to HATE the Habs.

Rinfret hates the Habs because he got his azz kicked out.
Rejaune just hates the Habs because he was such a big Nords fan !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:08 PM
24Cups

"J'espère que les frères Molson savent lire et compter." - RT

Another Rush Limbaugh clone using a microphone or a pen to denegrate those who do not think exactly like him. Pompous, derogatory, hypocritical blow-hard.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
neofury*

Ironic that the same people who are always *****ing and whining that we need more Quebec born players etc are the same people that are the reason a lot of the top UFA QC players won't ever even think of signing here even for a big pay increase.

Also wanted to mention that anywhere else in the world if you tried to tell your management to use bias in choosing players from a certain country/place, be it their own or somewhere else, it would be considered downright prejudice and shameful. Only here....

The worst part is, they're basically trying to say the equivalent of "Gainey should overlook players he see's as a better fit and/or more talented to take guys who are less talented, not even a good fit, but are from Quebec". I mean... I could understand if all the best hockey players in the world came from Sweden, and peopled were bias in favor of drafting Swedes. That's another story because that's for the betterment of the team if it were the case. But not only do they want out management to be bias in favor of Quebec born players, they want us to do it at the expense of drafting better players. They'll never complain that we drafted some french guy over some superstar English guy, but when it comes time that some bust English guy got drafted over some superstar French guy, they'll go ape **** as if Gainey could've predicted the future or Thimmins could have. Where is Angelo Esposito now? Nuff said.

It's despicable the way people act in this province (regarding this specific scenario), as if it makes prejudice and bias OK because we're just referring to a sport, something that in Montreal happens to be the biggest thing ever.

If all the best players in the world were from Quebec, Canada's olympic record would be undefeated.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Bronto Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I would love to hear it as well. Would be as good as the interview he had with Mario Tremblay 10 years ago.
for those of you who would want to ear the one with Mario Tremblay...

http://www.radioego.com/ego/listen/608

and like Freddy said...

what a gros osti de cave

Bronto Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 01:39 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronto Dan View Post
for those of you who would want to ear the one with Mario Tremblay...

http://www.radioego.com/ego/listen/608

and like Freddy said...

what a gros osti de cave
Quick summary in English possibly? It would be greatly appreciated as I'm an anglo

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Quick summary in English possibly? It would be greatly appreciated as I'm an anglo
Rejean T called Mario Tremblay a PeeWee coach. RT calls into a show, and Mario is a co-host. He called him on it. Mario said,"You wanted to teach me a lesson. You called me a PeeWee coach. Why is it that guys from our part of Quebec are the first to burn me."

RT then tried to talk his way out of it, but Mario blocked every door. It is basically watching RT squirm.

Classic.

But it goes to show you that RT and his kind will never learn, or become respectable.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

... and he's so amazingly annoying with his never ending "I've been doing it for the last 15-20 years"... GET TO THE POINT.

Tremblay had a big head back then, just imagine how he must feel nowaday.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The problem, and it's probably just based on speculation but at one point if we only talk about what we know for real...we wouldn't have any board...Anyway, my thought is I believe that the guys that Timmins trusts the most, the guys that he believes in and the hockey he believes in, is in the US or a whole lot of places but the Q. Timmins drafts by needs lately. Surprisingly, most of the pro-Timmins (and I'm not saying I'm not one of them, that's another topic) don't come here and say how it's always the BPA, that drafting by needs is wrong and so on.....Still, he put the emphasis on D's at one point and last year on centermen. After being told almost 5 years in row that we needed to get bigger at center, he does that last year....after telling in 07 how we didn't need to take that route since we already Chipchura, Lapierre and....Aubin at that position.

Yes we did draft more Q than any other teams of the league. But in the past 4 years, just look at the USboys vs Q boys and you'll see how it's going. 12 vs 3 (I'm talking about Q here, not quebecers, making Leblanc in the US column, but if you prefer put him in the Q, and it's still a 11 vs 4 ratio.)

But if you don't have guys around the league you trust and would take their word as real important for you, if you would really consider your scouts as an important part of your team and so on, I believe that the Q products, without making any changes, would look more appealing to him.

But Timmins has sometimes a strange mindset, and I'm not going to talk again about why he didn't pick Berglund and Giroux, especially the Berglund pick but that's again another topic.

I'll repeat it 'cause in this board, you need to be really careful when it comes to Timmins, he's truly amongst the best as far as depth. Though we are still waiting to see our depth being important parts of our team. But I like what he does. I'm just not as deeply a fan like most people in here are....though I shouldn't say this......he did, out of our 8 picks, picked 4 guys I had on my list.....(Leblanc, Nattinen, Dumont and Walsh.) So I guess he's pretty good after all...
Timmins is a competent guy and has found quite a few surprises for us. I think personaly my only problem with him is that he fails to get guys that plays with an edge. Perfect example are O'Byrne and Fischer, Ds with size but are afraid of their mothers, so are big lugs, mainly.

But the thing with the Q, goes beyond Timmins. Sort of. I think if the guy feels there's nothing worth with the Q, that's his opinion and yea his go-to guys are in the US. But anyway that's the way it is, and we can't change that on the scouting level. That's something that should be adressed on management level and do what Serge Savard was doing in that when somebody is about to get drafted, Bob would decide at equal skills between getting a frenchie and another guy that we must take the french guy. If the Habs waned to get serious, another way to do this would be to hire an independant guy that knows everything about the Q(a brainiac like Marc Lachapelle) who would report directly to Bob. So when the draft happens, Bob would have the opponion of Timmins AND Lachapelle and would decide who wins the argument when the time comes.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 03:19 AM
SherbrookeW

Just to add -- Tremblay's article has ugly aspects and his idea that it's "normal" for people to speak only one language is ridiculous; there are places in India where people normally speak three. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have at least the ghost of a decent pointne of the things that have made the Canadiens exceptional through the century is that they've been a world-class team that has also had a special connection to its local population. No other team , even in soccer, is quite like that: certainly there are no celtics on the Boston Celtics or yankees on the Yankees. Man U. I think used to have quite a few Northern boys, but not so much now,etc. Apart from tradition, which is not nothing -- morale builds teams and tradition builds morale -- there's a serious case to be made that good organizations find an edge on the others by finding a special talent pool that they can draw on that isn't obvious to the rest of the league, sort of the way some baseball teams once did, way back, with Dominican talent. It seems reasonable to assume, given the numbers, that Quebec is under-scouted, that there's more talent there than is being fully exploited, and that it would be a good strategy on hockey grounds alone to dig deeper in -- special scouts, development camps,etc. Guarantee that if Habs made a big point of Quebec players, real steals would turn up....the name Martin St. Louis might cross your mind here.
But of course, when you try to sign someone , like Vinny and Briere, who "belongs" in Montreal and doesn't want to be there, it tells you that the world is more complicated than just tribal allegiances.

Last edited by SherbrookeW: 09-18-2009 at 03:20 AM. Reason: wrong word
SherbrookeW is offline   Reply With Quote