HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rookie Game Part 2 - Los Angeles vs. Phoenix @ Toyota Sports Center

Old
09-10-2009, 06:42 PM
markisonfire

vCash: 500
So far, 2 goals in the first by Schenn. Two goals in the second, one by Voynov, the other by Kozun. Clifford has two fights so far and King socked some guy in the face a few times before the other guy limped off with an injury. Kings are pretty much dominating. Berube looks solid in goal for the Kings. Hickey looks very poised. Haven't really noticed Teubert. Deslauriers looks very good. Loktionov as well, evades hits and has very smooth moves. Kozun looks very good as well.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
schenn has 2 goals and 1 helper. King rocked some guy... and clifford has 2 fights. Colton got sucker punched late in the 2nd. VV had a nice goal as well
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
Schenn has 2g 1a and clifford has 2 fights maybe 3 and he kicked ass in all of them

Voynov has a goal and so does Kozun i think it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
So far, 2 goals in the first by Schenn. Two goals in the second, one by Voynov, the other by Kozun. Clifford has two fights so far and King socked some guy in the face a few times before the other guy limped off with an injury. Kings are pretty much dominating. Berube looks solid in goal for the Kings. Hickey looks very poised. Haven't really noticed Teubert. Deslauriers looks very good. Loktionov as well, evades hits and has very smooth moves. Kozun looks very good as well.

Thank you three

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 06:59 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Im pretty sure that was McCauley in that fight

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Nope, it was King.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:01 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
King was the one where the guy went off with injury, McCauley's looked like a draw to me.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:08 PM
imissgretzky

It's great to finally put together names with the actual player. After reading about these guys for so long, it's great to finally see them play.

Last edited by imissgretzky: 09-10-2009 at 07:14 PM.
imissgretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

One thing no one told me... what's the score?

I know the Kings have at least 3 goals...right?

Old
09-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNothing4 View Post
Little white dots chasing each other in a circle isn't exactly what I was expecting.
same avatar

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Fripp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
One thing no one told me... what's the score?

I know the Kings have at least 3 goals...right?
4-0 final

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp View Post
4-0 final
Thanks Fripp. Who scored the 2 that Schenn didn't score?

Old
09-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Mike The Franchise

How do we draft random players like Berube and then see that they are not so random actually?

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Face Wash

Kings - 4
Hamilton - 0

Pseudo Prankster/Terrorist - 1
Daily News - 0

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:17 PM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Thanks Fripp. Who scored the 2 that Schenn didn't score?
Kozun and Voynov

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Rommel

Good Game.

Impressed with Deslauriers. Very, very, good player ..

Nice hit near the end of the game.

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:27 PM
MxK1NGS

What was the final score?

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Rommel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Palffy33 View Post
What was the final score?
4-0

2 Schenn, Voynov and Kozun

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:32 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Kings - 4
Hamilton - 0

Pseudo Prankster/Terrorist - 1
Daily News - 0
HAHAHA! Love it!

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post
How do we draft random players like Berube and then see that they are not so random actually?
Hang on.... what?

Old
09-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Kozun > Azevedo
I don't think so.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post

There are these guys called SCOUTS who do this thing for a living. KERRRAZZYYYYY isn't it?

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:30 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

My notes after watching two periods live from the rink. (I had to leave before the 3rd period started)

Defenseman:

Tuebert has improved his skating markedly from last year, he is very good positionally and is a beast on the boards. He is mean and nasty, and will let you know about it quickly. You do not want to meet him in-between the boards and the dots when you have the puck down low. He needs one more year.

Hickey showed smooth skating and a few good passes, but I still dont see him making the team this year. He gets moved around easily by bigger forwards. Despite his sakting, he doesn't appear to glide through or around hard checking forwards. I still thinks he is small and gets pushed around down low, and this will be even more pronounced, particularly at the NHL level. He is NOT the second coming of Lubomir Visnosky, and he is NOT ready for the NHL.

Voynov looks very poised, (far more than Hickey) and is very good positionally. He has a good eye for the game and his goal was a good quick shot on a nice set up from Schenn and Kozun. He looked better than Hickey and does not get outmuscled as Hickey does, while seemingly possessing simialr puck handling skills.

Martinez is quietly very good. Not particularly strong along the boards like Tuebert, but does a very nice job playing the man, rotating down low and making that first pass out of the zone. The pairing of him and Voynov looked really good every time they were on the ice, including time on both the PK and PP. He could within a year be a cpapble number six.

Honestly, I didnt pay much attention to the others, except to notice that Mullen is stronger than he looks but doesnt have much flash, which is not necessarily a bad thing foir a defenseman.

Forwards

The future looks bright.

Schenn was the best player on the ice through two periods. He is fast, smart, a very good passer, and hard working in both ends of the ice, and although his second goal was a classic "garbage" goal, (they dont count em pretty or ugly, they just count 'em) his first was very nice indeed and he made a number of very nice plays, including setting up the Voynov goal.

Kozun a Los Angeles product, was very noticeable in the second period playing with Schenn. His goal was a quick release snapper set up by his fast skating and stick handling. He is a young heady player who could possibly develop into a a top six player, but more likely will fill and third or fourth line role down the line.

Loktionov was impressive in his skating and passing. The comparisons to a young Larionov are accurate. (alot of you likely never saw Larionov play) He is also a hard working center, and his vision and ability to avoid hits will make him a threat in the NHL. One year away.

Kyle Clifford He looks to hit and fight anything that moves while wearing an opponents jersey. His first fight was a battle as was his second. The kings need a big scrapper, and with another year of seasoning, they have found one.

Azevado I like the guy's hockey sense and ability, but I see him as TOO; Too small, Too slow and Too late defensively. A career AHL player.

Walker Didn't see alot of hockey skill, but I can tell you i dont want to be playing against this guy. About 3 minutes into the first period he plastered a coyote and had several big hits as well in the second period.

King Demolished Jonas Anhelov in their fight, forcing Anhelov to say "uncle" idway through, although Ahnelov went off injured with what looked like it could have been a broken hand or wrist on his punching hand.

McCauley A big boy with a nasty streak and he was looking for hits and fights. Not alot of hockey talent, but then again they cant all be Brayden Schenn, Andrei Loktionov or Brandon Kozun

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I don't think so.
Judging on what I saw today, certainly a very small sampling, I think Kozun has a higher upside than Azevado. He's very much faster than Azevado and plays more of a two way game. Don't get me wrong, I like Azevado, but Kozun was the second highest scorer in the WHL last season for a reason.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:34 PM
ru4reals

Why the heck did they have the game at 2. I was able to go to yesterday's game and we got our A**'s handed to us. But freakin had to go to work today and couldn't make the game. Glad to see that we did better today and actually won. But I'll tell you Brayden Schenn was impressive yesterday even in the lost. He won pretty much all of his faceoffs except for maybe one. Had a beastly hit, even thought the yotes scored on the same shift. But glad he had a good game today, and I freakin love Clifford. That guy is tough as nails. Glad we won today, sucks i couldn't make it but good to know our guys did better after yesterdays beatdown.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:35 PM
igotnothing

Just got back from the game, well worth ten dollars. Some notes:

Lots of energy in the 1st from both teams, lots of hits and fights. Fun to watch.

Teubert looked good, very physical in the corners and in front of the net. Gave Jordan Stall some problems in front of the net on a penalty kill in the 3rd. Made smart defensive plays in open ice situations.

Hickey also looked good on D. Not as physical as Teubert, but also made smart defensive plays. A lot of the powerplay went through him when he was on. He likes to make a fake slapshot then pass the puck. Like someone mentioned after yesterdays game, I might have been expecting more, this is his third time around. However, he doesn't look undersized at all anymore. He and Teubert were paired together most of the game.

Voynov played calm and didn't seem to scramble too much. He uses his stick pretty effectively to get the puck away from yotes players and back to himself.

Someone else mentioned Deslauriers looked good, I agree. Nothing specific, but I noticed him a lot. Made one play where he jumped to catch a puck and keep it in the zone during a powerplay. Big hit near the end of the game.

Loktionov has great puck possesion skills. He came away with it even when he had a few defenders on him. Sometimes he holds on too long, although it looked like the other Kings weren't always looking to get open when he had the puck. Aggressive defensively as well.

Azevedo, great hands, doesn't necessarily make flashy moves, but he makes smooth ones to get by defenders. He made the same move twice to get by two different players. The second one tripped him up and got a penalty. He will need right linemates to be effective at the NHL level.

Kozun is fast, but the size is still an issue at this point. As expected, he was pushed off the puck easily. Still hussled and didn't seem to back off at all. I don't think he took a shift in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd. Anyone else remember?

Schenn was on the other side of the ice when he scored his two goals, so I can't comment on those. I might not have been looking, but he didn't stand out otherwise.

I can see Clifford becoming a fan favorite. Lots of energy, doesn't mind hitting or dropping the gloves, fun to watch.

I'm not good judge of goalies, but Berube looked good. I was staning above him in the third, and he made some good saves.

Take my evalutions with a grain of salt, when it comes to scouting, igotnothing.

igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 08:48 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Just got back myself, agree with the two run downs.

Really liked Deslaurier again. Looks like a steal in the 3rd round. Plays much bigger than he is and has some wheels.

Saw Doughty outside with Frolov get into a car and drive off at intermission. Guess they just watched the first period. Doughty has bad ass sunglasses.

I'm sorry if the Anhenov kid hurt himself, but the look on his face during that fight was priceless. I've never seen an expression on hockey player that more perfectly exemplified "Stop hitting me!"

We are so lucky to have Loktionov. Kid is something special.

Another random note. Saw someone who looked like he was with the Kings looking at this board during intermission. Spies!

Last edited by JDM: 09-10-2009 at 08:54 PM.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote