Kadri was good tonight... used his line mates, made some good passes on the powerplays... and was hitting all over the ice. He and Bozak were the two most notable forwards. Slaney gets an honorable mention.
I would say Ottawa rookies played a great game, but I think Toronto's defense made them look good.
I came home after the 2nd was over. First hockey game I've left before it was over, they were absolutely pathetic tonight.
At least Kadri upped his level of compete in the 2nd, about 3 goals too late.
And about what I said about Stalberg, he does so many things right. He is extremely effective on the boards, he was always breaking up the play and gaining possession of the puck. He also threw about four big hits that were probably off camera. Even when he was gentle on the guy he still knocked him on his ass. The guy is huge. I saw some good hockey sense and great vision and playmaking skills from him. He setup Bozak twice really nicely but Bozak couldn't finish.
- Reimer had nothing. Simple as that. Some of the goals he was letting in were beachballs.
- Engelage, on the other hand, came in a tough situation and closed the door. He got some serious applause from the crowd, too.
- LOL love Kadri hitting everything he could late in the game. We were sitting there saying "wait, that's Kadri??" Impressive showing from the little guy.
- Feel bad for Dale Mitchell - rung at least one off the crossbar and was having no luck in the O-zone.
- Greenop was always there when trouble brewed. Good to see.
- I've never seen a crowd quite like that - the entire one side of the arena, across from the benches, were packed. The other side (it looked like they drew a line down the middle of the rink) was almost empty except for executives and what appeared to be scouts.