HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EK's - Sens, Sharks and Devs possible trade?

Old
09-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

vCash: 500
EK's - Sens, Sharks and Devs possible trade?

was some what corroborated by Mark Everson who spoke with a few of the Devil players.

Makes sense, but it seems from what EK wrote, it's Marleau who is refusing to waive is no trade that's holding up the deal.

http://nypost.com/p/sports/devils/de...LP4WnsEjG2wnjI

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 08:31 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
was some what corroborated by Mark Everson who spoke with a few of the Devil players.

Makes sense, but it seems from what EK wrote, it's Marleau who is refusing to waive is no trade.

http://nypost.com/p/sports/devils/de...LP4WnsEjG2wnjI
Such a bad idea.

Trading Marleau would be the dumbest thing this team has done so far, especially for Heatley. What a gigantic step in the wrong direction.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
It's neverson. If the rumors are true then Marleau has already visited Jersey to see if he wants to waive his NTC to come here. I honestly think if it were to happen it would be done by now. I wanted/want it to happen but my once optimistic views are now severely dampened

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Such a bad idea.

Trading Marleau would be the dumbest thing this team has done so far, especially for Heatley. What a gigantic step in the wrong direction.
Man, if you're from the west coast, I give you credit for being a true hockey fan and posting this early. Anyway, it seems like Marleau isnt going anywhere if he chooses not to.

Old
09-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil3027 View Post
It's neverson. If the rumors are true then Marleau has already visited Jersey to see if he wants to waive his NTC to come here. I honestly think if it were to happen it would be done by now. I wanted/want it to happen but my once optimistic views are now severely dampened
Everson said rumored and was taking with a few players, while EK has mentioned this possible trade for about a week now. Not saying true or false, but it has some legs.

Old
09-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

isnt marleau a UFA at seasons end? what happens if he walks and signs for more someplace else than what the sharks can give him? wouldnt getting a superstar in return be more than worth it?

if all it cost the sharks to get heatley and a NJ young player(whoever it would be people can speculate) was marleau and michalek it could very well be worth it.

what would NJ have to give?
what would ottawa get?

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by harfo1 View Post
isnt marleau a UFA at seasons end? what happens if he walks and signs for more someplace else than what the sharks can give him? wouldnt getting a superstar in return be more than worth it?

if all it cost the sharks to get heatley and a NJ young player(whoever it would be people can speculate) was marleau and michalek it could very well be worth it.

what would ottawa get?

I'm just guessing it would be a package of players, prospects and picks from both the Sharks and Devils. I also think the Devils would have to send back some salary to who? Not sure.

Old
09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Everson said rumored and was taking with a few players, while EK has mentioned this possible trade for about a week now. Not saying true or false, but it has some legs.
I'm sure the players were just commenting on the rumors.

Old
09-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Marleau said last month that he had told GM Doug Wilson that if the Sharks brass and coaching staff felt someone else should be the captain, Im willing to do whatever it takes to get this team to the next level.

That sentiment hadnt changed Thursday now that word was out of the leadership change.

I just want to win the cup, he said. If thats what the organization feels we need to do to get to that level, Im all for it.

Marleau, however, didnt want to talk about the one other question regarding his future in San Jose: Would he be willing to waive the no-trade clause in his contract?

Im not going to make that public, Marleau said. If that were ever to come up, then its something I would have to decide. But I dont want to speculate on whether it could or might happen.

Old
09-09-2009, 09:18 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Marleau won't be a Devil.

britdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Juice*

Quote:
Such a bad idea.

Marleau is not that good, and some thing has to change on that team, the teams around you are getting better and you're not. because of your regular season success you really have a poor prospect pool. Your in a very similar situation that ottawa was in and it has been a slow agonizing death. You need to make major changes before its too late and you end up where we are

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:27 AM
hockeyball

Marleau would stay a Shark his whole career given the option, he's been clear about that for years. Not worried about him signing somewhere else.

Well, if DW really is pressing him to waive his NTC, then I am a little worried now...

Old
09-09-2009, 09:30 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Marleau is not that good, and some thing has to change on that team, the teams around you are getting better and you're not. because of your regular season success you really have a poor prospect pool. Your in a very similar situation that ottawa was in and it has been a slow agonizing death. You need to make major changes before its too late and you end up where we are
Marleau for Heatley does not make us better. I'd rather have a player that loves his team, is loyal to the core, and plays a solid two-way game compared to a guy who scores 5-10 more goals.

Old
09-09-2009, 09:40 AM
alpine4life

I believe the unhappy Heatley will start the season in OTT (Murray just wont give him away). For NJ it would be better to sign Comrie, they dont lose any youth, so they'll keep what they have to start the future (near) rebuilding mode. As for Marleau the guy like SJ, and want to wins there, so why would he wants to be traded..?

alpine4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:22 AM
skilks
This is nightmare

Eklund is obviously a **** if he believes DW is asking Patty to waive his NTC.

Why take on a player with baggage when we have issues of our own already? Wilson has a lot of money coming off the books at the end of this season and he looks to be planning on keeping it that way.

Marleau will be a career shark, end of story.

skilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:32 AM
KingsCrown

Who would NJ be sending the other way?? Tedenby, '10 1st + ???

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Rickety Cricket

I saw DW yesterday and I told him "No Heatley" as he walked by, he laughed.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Zillaege

What about something like:

To Ottawa:
Milan Michalek
Jacob Josefson
SJ 1st '10

To San Jose:
Dany Heatley
Colin White

To New Jersey:
Patrick Marleau

Zillaege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
I saw DW yesterday and I told him "No Heatley" as he walked by, he laughed.
Atta boy Rickety, where did you see him? I just want to walk by and say the same.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillaege View Post

To Ottawa:
Milan Michalek
Jacob Josefson
SJ 1st '10

To San Jose:
Dany Heatley
Colin White

To New Jersey:
Patrick Marleau
Josefson is untouchable. Colin White has a NTC

Old
09-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Marleau for Heatley does not make us better. I'd rather have a player that loves his team, is loyal to the core, and plays a solid two-way game compared to a guy who scores 5-10 more goals.
Those guys aren't traded (Alfie, Sakic, Modano, Yzerman...) Usually, teams trade players when something doesn't work or to upgrade their team. This time, Heatley went first and asked for a trade (problem is that it became public)

Heatley was a really nice asset during his 4 years in Ottawa. Unfortunately for Sens fans, he wants out. That has nothing to do with other teams.

It's incredible how most fans from other teams don't want to have Heatley, but most Sens fans (who are the ones who got betrayed) would gladly take him back if he would change his mind and make his mea culpa.

Last edited by Xspyrit: 09-09-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Zillaege

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil3027 View Post
Josefson is untouchable. Colin White has a NTC
You'd be getting yourself back a 1st line centre, a prospect of Josefson's calibre is not untouchable in that scenario. I wasn't aware of White's NTC however, and at this stage in his career/life I doubt he'd be all that keen to move across the country, away from an organization thats been very good to him. Thanks for the info.

Zillaege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Quote:
You'd be getting yourself back a 1st line centre, a prospect of Josefson's calibre is not untouchable in that scenario. I wasn't aware of White's NTC however, and at this stage in his career/life I doubt he'd be all that keen to move across the country, away from an organization thats been very good to him. Thanks for the info.
1st line center who will bolt back to SJ the following off-season even if he doesn't the devils dont have 6+ to spend to keep him. Josefson is being fast tracked to the NHL and should be a devils for 10-11. Within NJ Josefson is UNTOUCHABLE unless we get such a vast overpayment its impossible to say no too.

Old
09-09-2009, 10:53 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:

To Ottawa:
Milan Michalek
Jacob Josefson
SJ 1st '10

To San Jose:
Dany Heatley
Colin White

To New Jersey:
Patrick Marleau
Give up Josefson and a consumate team member for one year of Marleau?

Yeccccccccccccch.

britdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by harfo1 View Post

what would ottawa get?
Yes, he is slated to be a UFA at season's end. If he walks the Sharks will gladly take the 6.3 mil in space and give it to Setoguchi, Pavelski, a goalie, and some replacement for Marleau and be prepared for a potentially lower cap ceiling. Getting a superstar like Heatley would NOT be worth it to the Sharks, imo. He's not the kind of guy you commit long-term to and build a team around.

And Marleau + Michalek > Heatley to me so I wouldn't make that trade just on abilities alone of the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
If management feels that major change is needed then they will make it next year when Marleau and Nabokov are both free agents. The Sharks don't need to get assets back from them because the space provided will allow them to keep their future guys like Setoguchi and Pavelski for a long time.

People always seem to be advocating big change in San Jose but never offer any big change that would actually be feasible. Do you really believe that Dany Heatley is the answer after all this and is the answer to the Sharks playoff woes considering his career in the post-season?

Come on. Think things through. Heatley to San Jose is a bad idea and I'd sooner rebuild the club from the ground up than acquire him.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote