HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why do people care about who's going to be the next captain?

Old
09-14-2009, 07:27 PM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
You're right. Why debate when our next captain will be Gionta. You heard it here first, Gionta.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

right now the last concern of the Habs is who will be the captain, the captain will emerge by himself when the season will be start. The Habs need to focus on the new system and to gel fast

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 07:59 PM
shutehinside

I think it's important to have a captain that sets the example for all the other players. Martin has a hard on for Gionta's work ethic which is why I think it will be Gionta.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I think it's important to have a captain that sets the example for all the other players. Martin has a hard on for Gionta's work ethic which is why I think it will be Gionta.

maybe it will be Gionta but I think we will start the season without a captain

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's all fine and dandy, but it doesn't mean you won't get players to motivate themselves and others if there's 3 assistants instead of 2 ''A'' and 1 ''C''.
There is no rush to give out a letter considering half the team changed and the other half is almost all youngsters. It would be much wiser to let the season go by and see who steps up, who gets the most respect, etc..

There's no need to throw the letter out carelessly.
You can give it to a veteran like Hamrlik or Gill, those guys will always be respected. I think that's what might happen, for a year.

Oh I agree. I was merely pointing out that the captaincy issue was important and it being talked about is a completely normal and acceptable thing. Not once did I say the C had to be given to somebody the fastest possible.

Personally I'd rather have the team wait and see who emerges as the true leader of the group and run an alternating captaincy in the meanwhile, somewhat like the Sabres did last year.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote