HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Mongrain laying the smack down on LCN

Old
09-12-2009, 01:46 PM
kostitsyn1489

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
Yes, it is their fault, shared about equally with their parents. I don't blame any teenager from feeling uncertain about his future, but it should be obvious to mentally competent teenager that dropping out before getting a secondaire 5 is the WORST choice possible.

Everybody is different... I'm pretty happy with where I'm at in life, I've learned so much in area that I wouldnt even have heard about if I was still at school. Sometimes dropping out allows you to take a break and in my case it really was needed. You just need to be able to plan your life and not just sit there, use welfare and do nothing. That leads to my second point..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
Amd I'm sorry but dropping out of high school is a very reliable indicater of someone who won't be successfull in life. Those people on average earn less money, are more on welfare, are less healthy, do not live as long, go to prison more, etc. etc.
Ok so... Because incompetant and/or lazy and/or dumb people drop out from school, everybody that drops out from high school is incompetant and/or lazy and/or dumb.

Nice logic.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 02:09 PM
superstar436

this is the funniest mongrain - the squerrels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8rDg7eX33w

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 12:24 PM
CanFan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys View Post
this must be a bad joke but meh ...

this "school" is for adults who try to finish high school, not for kids
http://lenvol.kaluxo.com/

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 02:21 PM
InglewoodJack

I used the same pencil case from grade two until grade 8...

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok78 View Post
No More school boards....
If you think school boards are incompetent, just wait until you put that responsibility into the hands of municipal governments. Now you are in for a clusterf*&K.

The problem is what is always the problem in Quebec and around the world... unions make people unaccountable. When you are unaccountable, you lose touch with the realities of the world, the requirements of a workforce, and they get comfortable.

Government = unions.... public school teachers = unions....

There is no escape from that.

If you want accountability, you have to be able to judge people's work and have the ability to change THEIR ability to earn another paycheck.

Otherwise, they will continue on in their little cocoon, becoming less in less in touch with the real needs of society, all the while complaining that they are being under paid, have bad working conditions, and get no respect.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Mongrain is nothing more than a showman, using lies, demagogy, shouting and mimics in the middle of a couple or arguments that make sense, just for the sake of the show. It looks convincing when you look at it, just like any demagogue (Limbaugh, Fillion, Martineau, J-C Lajoie, etc.), but when you stop and try to dissect his arguments, you realize that half of it is not even true, or are exagerations of the truth.
The difference is that the makes sense and he's on the goOd(lol) side.

Last edited by Kimota: 09-15-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

What Mongrain is saying is mostly irrelevant and anecdotical. There isn't much content, mostly 'shocking' facts and numbers.

But there is a real problem.

However, I'd say students bear the blunt of this criticism (or at least should). I've been in public elementary school, private high school, public CÉGEP and am now in University doing very well.

I've met people from both systems. I've seen some private high school students fail miserably and some public high school students do very well after 11th grade.

The problems in the system have nothing to do with the ****ing school material list. I had that when I was a child. Oh noes!!1!ELEVENONEONE!, it took an evening out of the 2-3 months before the school start for my parents to get me ready to go back. Some ****ing whiners.

If you're looking that bad for why your child is failing (and I'm not talking about the material list, just the content and the method used to teach it), you should start looking at home.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
kent_carlson

Mongrain is a funny entertainer, nothing more than that. He's yelling about various situations, but he doesn't have a clue about how to solve those problems. He knows, however, that controversy brings more rating than real analysis ... Réjean Tremblay and Don Cherry also know the game.

kent_carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 10:51 PM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanFan05 View Post
mongrain was talking about a 35 year old guy going there. Your link is obviously for a children school

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote