HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NHL reinstates Theo Fleury

Old
09-11-2009, 03:49 PM
ComixZone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
They did have a combined 90 points this year, although Bertuzzi is better off gone, he scored some pretty goals but was an overall lazy player and did nothing in the playoffs. It will be interesting to watch JBO and Sutter's impact on your team this year, that's for sure.
Matthew Lombardi scored 9 goals and 21 assists as a flame. bertuzzi had 15 goals, 29 assists. You truly believe the combo of boyd (who had 11 and 11 for 22 points) having a bigger role on the team (boyd played all season with roy, prust, peters, nystrom), along with dawes and sjostrom improving upon roy and peters - not to mention the fact that bertuzzi was the worst defensive forward on the team, won't improve the flames?

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 04:27 PM
BIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Cool View Post
Matthew Lombardi scored 9 goals and 21 assists as a flame. bertuzzi had 15 goals, 29 assists. You truly believe the combo of boyd (who had 11 and 11 for 22 points) having a bigger role on the team (boyd played all season with roy, prust, peters, nystrom), along with dawes and sjostrom improving upon roy and peters - not to mention the fact that bertuzzi was the worst defensive forward on the team, won't improve the flames?
Lombardi should be credited with 46 points, he's not a 30 point player. Oddly enough he had a higher PPG average at .84 in Pheonix than Jokinen had in Calgary (.79)

I like Dawes and Sjostrom over Roy and Peters, much better players, but the 2nd line is still iffy.

Boyd - Langkow - Moss

Is that correct? Because that line could go either way. I don't like Bourque on the 1st line either.

BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 04:27 PM
TweetyLeaf

Hmm, we propably couldnt give him a roster spot even if he would earn it coz we are so stacked on the wings but i definately dont want to see him in calgary nor vancouver coz of personal dislike of both teams.
Especially seeing Theo in this "new" Iginla era Calgary sends bad mojo into my spine.
Theo is from the era where players actually had emotion in the ice that showed and they didnt use cruise control all over and didnt fight pulling one´s hair.
and thus why I say this.

Pardon my eng.

TweetyLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 04:29 PM
tretiak09*

Quote:
Right. 7, 1 and 10 goal seasons respectively. I was talking about the second line itself more than anything else. Those are bottom 6 chip-in-occasionally players.
Bertuzzi and Lombardi are bottom line chip in offensively two, neither had 20 goals.

Personally I think Dawes will replace Bertuzzi's 15 and Backlund is a wildcard here as well.

tretiak09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 04:41 PM
BIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tretiak09 View Post
Bertuzzi and Lombardi are bottom line chip in offensively two, neither had 20 goals.

Personally I think Dawes will replace Bertuzzi's 15 and Backlund is a wildcard here as well.
By your logic Henrik Sedin would have been a bottom line chip in offensively (I think you meant occasionally?) player in 2007/08 because he only had 15 goals.

Old
09-11-2009, 04:51 PM
tretiak09*

Quote:
By your logic Henrik Sedin would have been a bottom line chip in offensively (I think you meant occasionally?) player in 2007/08 because he only had 15 goals.
Well Henrik tends to put up a lot of assists....

tretiak09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
Iginla still plays for the Flames.

We swapped Cammy for Jokinen, funny how people still forget that...

Bertuzzi will not be missed that much, his offense will be made up by the rest of the team with ease.

As for Theo, he will not be with the Flames we do not need him.

I wish his luck however.
Good Call

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 07:22 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i was being sarcasic there, guess i should have included a smiley... you are one of the ones I don't question on these boards
I will take that as a huge compliment coming from you, but hey i was wrong anyways, flames ivited Theo to camp, i am so excited.:y o:

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Lombardi should be credited with 46 points, he's not a 30 point player. Oddly enough he had a higher PPG average at .84 in Pheonix than Jokinen had in Calgary (.79)

I like Dawes and Sjostrom over Roy and Peters, much better players, but the 2nd line is still iffy.

Boyd - Langkow - Moss

Is that correct? Because that line could go either way. I don't like Bourque on the 1st line either.
why should Lombardi be credited with points he never scored as a Flame? they aren't trying to replace the goals he scored for another team... but regardless... Jokinen replaces Cammalleri... Dawes likely replaces Lombardi... Bertuzzi is addition by subtraction... we will score fewer goals but we will allow fewer to

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:46 PM
BIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
why should Lombardi be credited with points he never scored as a Flame? they aren't trying to replace the goals he scored for another team... but regardless... Jokinen replaces Cammalleri... Dawes likely replaces Lombardi... Bertuzzi is addition by subtraction... we will score fewer goals but we will allow fewer to
Why does it matter if he did it as a Flame or not, replacing these players are based on full season projectiles, not 50 games.

Old
09-12-2009, 02:47 AM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Why does it matter if he did it as a Flame or not, replacing these players are based on full season projectiles, not 50 games.
Don't hassle a Flames fan about numbers, they can only count to 1

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote