HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theo Fleury Reinstated, Retires (Alleges sexual abuse by former coach)

Old
09-12-2009, 04:22 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
He lead the league in points before he left, he was still a dominant force offensively.
Gordie Howe used to score a lot, too but I'm not looking to sign him at the moment.

Fleury was a great wasted talent. He had a tough life and for the most part overcame it but he is so far removed in time from success on the ice that I think what he is doing is all a publicity stunt to hype his autobiography due next month.

Let him hype somewhere else.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Some fans want and enjoy a circus...as exhibited by the crazy man-love displayed towards Tortorella and Avery on a regular basis.

Theo was actually pretty productive as a Ranger, both in terms of points and embarassments.
Avery's actually caused LESS harm off the ice AND has been productive while on it. Dunno what the hell you're getting at with this post.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 05:46 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Question
So if fleury dosent cut it at the flames camp ,he's still eligable to sign with any Team right? Not saying the rangers it would just be intresting.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:15 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Avery's actually caused LESS harm off the ice AND has been productive while on it. Dunno what the hell you're getting at with this post.
Was Fleury not productive on the ice?

I think the point was pretty clear, that some people love drama and Theo brings it. You can argue that Tortorella and Avery bring different types of drama but the point still stands.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:53 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

As much as Theo let us down, especially me because I loved the way he played, gotta wish him luck at the flames camp.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 12:34 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Question
So if fleury dosent cut it at the flames camp ,he's still eligable to sign with any Team right? Not saying the rangers it would just be intresting.
Yes, he could sign with anyone, he could even sign with a team while attending the camp since he is still a FA.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 01:46 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Theo will play tonight versus the Islanders.

http://flames.nhl.com/

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 07:40 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Theo will play tonight versus the Islanders.

http://flames.nhl.com/
on a line with Langkow and Nigel Dawes. It's not quite a helicopter line but it is a center with tiny wings. A-Wing fighter is the only "aircraft" I can think of...

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 09:14 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

The Flames just placed their American League farm team in Abbetsford, BC and if Theo doesn't make the big club, he may be headed there to help sell some tickets.

bobbop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Doctor Strange

Fleury was always a favourite of mine. I wish him luck!
But I agree with Chosen, I do not think NY is the place for him.

And to n8 for the Star Wars reference...

Doctor Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 08:17 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

i watched the piles game last night and fluery looked like he hasnt lost a step, he was definately noticable and he got a really warm reception from the calgary fans which was nice to see. Plus he scored the game winner in the shootout which lit the place up, fun to watch. I hope he makes it.

what was even more fun to watch was the isles injury list already growing ahaha will it ever end?
2 games in and theyve lost okposo, berganheim, weight and neilsen, its just amazing.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 09:39 AM
xevious

I hope he makes it, just not here, ever again!

Go Theo.

xevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 04:39 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=291994

Theo Fleury w/ Goal (breakaway on Vokoun) and Assist!

Old
09-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Fletch

good for Theo...I think the guy wants to play his last NHL game in a Flames uniform - whenever that may be...wasn't a big fan of his as a Ranger, but hopefully he's doing much better.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
good for Theo...I think the guy wants to play his last NHL game in a Flames uniform - whenever that may be...wasn't a big fan of his as a Ranger, but hopefully he's doing much better.
I was a big fan of his when he was on the Flames though. He was absolutely amazing out there.

Old
09-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Blueshirts27

Send a message via AIM to Blueshirts27
After watching the highlights from the Flames-Panthers game , you can't deny the fact that this man is ready to go. He has speed, smarts, and best of all, the one thing you can't teach, the 6th sense of where the puck is going , not where it is. Kudos to you Theo, I am glad to see you made it back and prevailed. Stay in Calgary , where the roots are.

Blueshirts27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:36 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
That's great. I'm really happy for Theo. He seems to have really turned himself around and put himself in a position to thrive. I will be rooting for the guy.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 10:43 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
i watched the piles game last night and fluery looked like he hasnt lost a step, he was definately noticable and he got a really warm reception from the calgary fans which was nice to see. Plus he scored the game winner in the shootout which lit the place up, fun to watch. I hope he makes it.

what was even more fun to watch was the isles injury list already growing ahaha will it ever end?
2 games in and theyve lost okposo, berganheim, weight and neilsen, its just amazing.
I hate seeing players get hurt, especially the talented ones. I'd rather watch Okposo play than whoever replaces him. I like watching players who can excel.

Would you be happy if Ovechkin got hurt or would you rather him be with the team when they come to MSG?

Old
09-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I hate seeing players get hurt, especially the talented ones. I'd rather watch Okposo play than whoever replaces him. I like watching players who can excel.

Would you be happy if Ovechkin got hurt or would you rather him be with the team when they come to MSG?
If a teams star player is injured when they come to your building be grateful...

I don't like seeing players get hurt either and agree watching players who can excel especially the younger ones is a great part of hockey. But if every time the Rangers played the Caps Ovechkin was a scratch because of some minor tweak I wouldn't complain at all.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
If a teams star player is injured when they come to your building be grateful...

I don't like seeing players get hurt either and agree watching players who can excel especially the younger ones is a great part of hockey. But if every time the Rangers played the Caps Ovechkin was a scratch because of some minor tweak I wouldn't complain at all.
If I'm at a Rangers-Caps game and Ovechkin is a scratch, I'm disappointed, In a Playoff game, it's different because winning is so important but in a regular season match in the doldrums of February, I want to see Ovechkin out there.

Winning the Cup is #1.

#2 is watching great players play, at least to me. I realize this is only my opinion and that more would rather see a fight between 2 goons than watch Ovechkin play, and to be clear, I love watching 2 goons fight.

Old
09-22-2009, 11:31 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
If I'm at a Rangers-Caps game and Ovechkin is a scratch, I'm disappointed, In a Playoff game, it's different because winning is so important but in a regular season match in the doldrums of February, I want to see Ovechkin out there.

Winning the Cup is #1.

#2 is watching great players play, at least to me. I realize this is only my opinion and that more would rather see a fight between 2 goons than watch Ovechkin play, and to be clear, I love watching 2 goons fight.
Agreed. I hate when the rangers have to play against him. But I have this guys jersey signed from when he was drafted, he probably my favorite player in the league right now, love the way he plays, and when he is coming to the garden i want him in the lineup especially if i'm going to the game. I'd rather him be in the lineup and be a huge test for our defense to see if they can shut him down as opposed to not being tested and being "lucky" he isnt out there.

I took my girlfriend to the december 23rd game last year against the caps. I kept pointing ovechkin out to her in warmups (she doesnt have a great knowledge of hockey which im trying to improve). She knows I have the jersey signed by him so of course I wanted her to see what was so great about him. He just happened to be popping pill after pill at the bench in warmups and looked like a complete animal with his long hair and facial hair that he was letting go. But if anyone remembers that game, I believe we were up 4-0 or 4-1 and ovechkin took over the game single handedly and won that game. He was literally hanging over the bench with one leg over it ready to get back on the ice, i dont think he sat down all game.

and on the topic, great to see theo doing good.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:

Winning the Cup is #1.

I agree with you, that's why I watch games not including my favorite team to see stars I don't always get to see. Either way, win or lose a good hockey game is good to watch.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 11:52 AM
nikzherdev

TSN says Theo was released.

nikzherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2009, 11:54 AM
NYR Viper

Quote: