HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Main Camp

Old
09-11-2009, 07:37 AM
audfroid

vCash: 500
Main Camp

Since Main Camp officially starts tomorrow I thought it would be a good idea to start discussing who is impressing or disappointing etc... I'm guessing Bozak, Gustavsson, Hanson, Kadri, Stalberg will all receive invites to camp and have legitimate shots at making the roster.

audfroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 09:39 AM
leafspring*

Watching how this defense gels in pre-season games,along with how good the goalies are is what i will be watching closely.The toughness factor will be very interesting to keep an eye on in these games.

This camp and pre-season will be the most refreshing in years,and years for sure!

There is hope finally.

Kadri is my focal point after the above mentioned,and i am pretty sure Bozak will be on this team,but its a possibility that there will be some impressive rookies pushing the vets.

Most interesting camp in years like i said. I'm excited to getter going.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...p-battles.html

Last edited by leafspring*: 09-11-2009 at 09:53 AM.
leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 09:50 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Allison is intriguing to me, but of course the young kids will be fun to watch. I've been watching Allison since his junior days, and I love what he used to be able to do with the puck.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Allison is intriguing to me, but of course the young kids will be fun to watch. I've been watching Allison since his junior days, and I love what he used to be able to do with the puck.
ESPN Classic TV channel showed one of the Leaf/Montreal games from 2006 the other day.

It was interesting to watch as it was a game in late Feb when Habs and Leafs were playing a back to back in Montreal where Telly was in net and the winner of the series likely going to be in good position to make the playoffs.

What was interesting for me was it allowed me to refresh my memory of Jason Allison last time he was a Leaf. So now I have a comparable and certain expectation level of what to expect when seeing him in training camp. Its been 3 years in time since then and so we don't know how much rust we'll see as well as aging occurring. His skating certainly not pretty but his playmaking ability and puck control certainly a strength back then.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 10:12 AM
stoney

Allison went through a pretty nasty personal ordeal. If he can get his head back in the game, he can still be a positive addition for a PP unit.

stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Paris in Flames

After watching the rookie tournament, I've been rather impressed with all of Hanson, Bozak, Stalberg, Kadri and Gustavsson.

Monster is garaunteed a spot on the team, but if the NCAA trio come into camp playing like they did in the rookie games, I'd love to see them on the team but I don't know if Burke and others would feel the same way.

Kadri impressed me with his level of compete in the Sens game yesterday. Game was clearly over but he didn't hang his head and not care. He went out there and hit anything in white. Loved it, but I do think he needs more size and developing. Another couple years in junior would be ideal but hell, I said the same thing about Luke Schenn, so who knows.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 10:31 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneymcstone View Post
Allison went through a pretty nasty personal ordeal. If he can get his head back in the game, he can still be a positive addition for a PP unit.

I'm curious...

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 10:48 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
ESPN Classic TV channel showed one of the Leaf/Montreal games from 2006 the other day.

It was interesting to watch as it was a game in late Feb when Habs and Leafs were playing a back to back in Montreal where Telly was in net and the winner of the series likely going to be in good position to make the playoffs.

What was interesting for me was it allowed me to refresh my memory of Jason Allison last time he was a Leaf. So now I have a comparable and certain expectation level of what to expect when seeing him in training camp. Its been 3 years in time since then and so we don't know how much rust we'll see as well as aging occurring. His skating certainly not pretty but his playmaking ability and puck control certainly a strength back then.
And he was so much better before that too, but that seems like a lifetime ago. It's so hard to believe he is just 34.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote