HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky Contract Talk 2

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2009, 07:49 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Dubinsky Contract Talk 2

Continued from:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=668565

Have at it.

09-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Levitate

hurry up and sign so people will stop worrying/complaining

Old
09-11-2009, 08:04 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Hurry up and get traded so I can get my Heatley jersey.

Old
09-11-2009, 08:28 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
The Blueshirts also have offered various multi-year deals, but they all fall substantially short of what Dubinsky would be able to command next summer coming off a productive season. A 55-60 point year -- hardly a stretch to expect as Gaborik's linemate -- would almost certainly bump Dubinsky to $3M per in arbitration
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...1DXfV0gHRi5FbI

How does he know what Sather is offering and what Dubinsky wants? This is all conjecture IMO.

Old
09-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Celestial Black

I hope something goes on today...

Old
09-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

How does he know what Sather is offering and what Dubinsky wants? This is all conjecture IMO.
Say what you want about Larry Brooks...hes largely a pessimist and a sensationalist....but after reading him for years, Im convinced he does have at least a couple of legitimate sources inside the Rangers front office

Old
09-11-2009, 08:38 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Assuming those numbers are true, Dubinsky could be looking at about 500k this year and 3 mil next year. So just give him 1.75 per year for 2 years and get it done.

Old
09-11-2009, 08:40 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I was thinking somewhere in the 6.75 for 3 years range.

Old
09-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Giovanni94

Anyone else have a problem with the way Slats is handling this one?

Why does he insist on saving a small amount of cap space at the expense of pissing off a young player that has a lot of potential?

Old
09-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Levitate

it sounds like he's trying to avoid Dubinsky being an arbitration eligible FA next season, which is pretty smart considering they already have some RFA's to deal with.

Again, it's both sides looking out for themselves. The Rangers don't want to have to deal with this again next year, and Dubinsky figures he's going to have a much better season this year and could get paid better next year. So...they're at odds. I'd probably actually side with Sather, if that's how things are shaking out, but I don't think Dubinsky is being terribly greedy or anything either

Old
09-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Section311

I don't think Dubi will participate in training camp if he doesnt have a contract yet.

Old
09-11-2009, 09:03 AM
DutchShamrock

He won't miss camp. He'll sign a 1 year deal and just prepare for the next contract. That starts with camp.

Old
09-11-2009, 09:05 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
it sounds like he's trying to avoid Dubinsky being an arbitration eligible FA next season, which is pretty smart considering they already have some RFA's to deal with.

Again, it's both sides looking out for themselves. The Rangers don't want to have to deal with this again next year, and Dubinsky figures he's going to have a much better season this year and could get paid better next year. So...they're at odds. I'd probably actually side with Sather, if that's how things are shaking out, but I don't think Dubinsky is being terribly greedy or anything either
Agree on all counts.

Dubinsky has to look out for himself and Sathers trying to set himself up better for the future capwise.

If anything, Sather is to blame for falling into this situation in the first place by handing out high contracts to several players while also cognizant of the fact he had a basket of young and upcoming RFA's to negotiate with.

Old
09-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

I could care less right now about Dubinsky. Not a bad man for doing this and looking out for himself, but at the end of the day I'm not a New York Dubinsky fan. I think we have a solid enough team if he decides to sit it out.

Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
Callahan-Drury-Kotalik
Avery-Anisimov-Lisin

Old
09-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Section311

Quote:
Agree on all counts.

Dubinsky has to look out for himself and Sathers trying to set himself up better for the future capwise.

If anything, Sather is to blame for falling into this situation in the first place by handing out high contracts to several players while also cognizant of the fact he had a basket of young and upcoming RFA's to negotiate with.
I agree with you. Could you imagine Dubinsky saying you want to pay me 600,000 but you gave Redden 6.5 million and he sucks

Old
09-11-2009, 09:20 AM
darko

Lets hope he signs before this thread reaches 1000 posts.

Old
09-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni94 View Post

Why does he insist on saving a small amount of cap space at the expense of pissing off a young player that has a lot of potential?
No.

Flexibility.

Quote:
Disagree. The budget never assumed, nor should it have, that a RFA with no arbitration rights or leverage would get an enormous raise and/or long term contract based on the chance that he MIGHT break out offensively in the future.

I'll be honest, even the modest numbers that have been thrown around scare me. If Gaborik misses any length of time, Dubi's going to be hard pressed to match last year's output, nevermind blow the doors off a career year.

Old
09-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Giovanni94

Quote:
Agree on all counts.

Exactly what I meant, he hands out cash like crazy to guys who really don't deserve that high a salary, which handcuffs him in this kind of situation. I do understand that as a GM he has to take some risks in terms of singing UFA's, which requires out-bidding other teams, but as a fan I'm annoyed at this point.

Old
09-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni94 View Post

Sather is handling it correctly.

Its just that we've become so accustomed to seeing Glen hand out money like its candy over the last few seasons that it seems peculiar hes locking up the vault with an important homegrown cog.

I hope Sather shows more of a willingness to avoid compounding problems from the past. I love what he did with Zherdev. To a lesser degree, I like what hes doing with Dubinsky although I wish it hadn't dragged out this long.

Old
09-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
I could care less right now about Dubinsky. Not a bad man for doing this and looking out for himself, but at the end of the day I'm not a New York Dubinsky fan. I think we have a solid enough team if he decides to sit it out.

Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
Callahan-Drury-Kotalik
Avery-Anisimov-Lisin
Thats a weird way of looking at it considering

1. hes still a Ranger and going to be a Ranger this season
2. the team is clearly better with Dubinsky in the lineup

Old
09-11-2009, 09:41 AM
pwoz

Redden should be forced to give Dubi $2 million, Drury can give $1m, and then Sather signs him for $600k, just GET IT OVER WITH!

Old
09-11-2009, 10:01 AM
FanHabtic

If Dubinsky gets an offersheet of 3 million dollars costing a 2nd round pick in compensation do the Rangers match?

Old
09-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Levitate

probably...but I think other teams would be as wary of spending that much on Dubinksy as the Rangers are being.

It IS overpayment right now, and teams probably aren't big on that just to be able to say they offer sheeted someone

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
If Dubinsky gets an offersheet of 3 million dollars costing a 2nd round pick in compensation do the Rangers match?
Yes.

Old
Section311

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
They would have too...the only way I dont think they match is when it goes to a 1st rd and 3rd pick

Closed Thread