HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pre-Game 1: Islanders @ Bolts.

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2004, 01:51 PM
beerpaul*

vCash: 500
This probably the first time Tampa has went into a playoff series as the favorite. I think they will win in 5 games. Islanders are playing well, but are missing Shawn Bates, who adds big speed and is a real force on the penalty kill with his speed. I want Islanders to win, but I'd bet on Tampa to win.

Old
04-06-2004, 02:06 PM
GoBolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value
Pretty good, only a thousand or so tickets available from what I heard through the Isles.

I also understand that as of yesterday the Bolts have a "ton" of tickets remaining...

Isles in 6.
A ton? Can you name your source?

Old
04-06-2004, 03:13 PM
manicmaximum

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerpaul
This probably the first time Tampa has went into a playoff series as the favorite. I think they will win in 5 games. Islanders are playing well, but are missing Shawn Bates, who adds big speed and is a real force on the penalty kill with his speed. I want Islanders to win, but I'd bet on Tampa to win.
theyre missing bates and blake if i'm not mistaken

Old
04-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicmaximum
theyre missing bates and blake if i'm not mistaken
Bates has been out for the past 10 or so games with a groin problem. Newsday was reporting that he should be ready for Game 1

Old
04-06-2004, 03:36 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
I also understand that as of yesterday the Bolts have a "ton" of tickets remaining...
The game will most likely be sold out by game time. The reason there may be a "ton" of tickets remaining is because of a ticketmaster screw up with the tickets. Those who ordered game 1 tickets were actually ordering game 7 tickets and received game 7 tickets. Those who wanted game 2, actually received game 5. Its a big mess and was a big topic yesterday as people were PISSED on the sports radio talk shows yesterday. Not our fault ticketmaster screwed up.

Old
04-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aucoin for norris
all u lightning fans :lol think u guys r all revved up! should be a playoff atmosphere!

JUSY WAIT TIL THE SERIES COMES @ NASSAU!......then ull know what playofff atmosphere is like!
Obviously, you didn't see any of Tampa's SOLD OUT playoff games last year. Only team to sell out all their home games in the first two rounds, I might add. I think we have some idea of what "playoff atmosphere" is, thanks.

Gotta love the kids who sign up around the playoffs only to smack talk.

Old
04-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Isles are going to miss Jason Blake and Shawn Bates against Tampa's speedy attack. They'll really need the defense (and The Rick) to come up big.

I will definitely be pulling hard for my team (the Islanders!). But, I have to say that I have always liked Tampa a lot. If the Isles don't survive this series, I hope Tampa goes to the finals.

04-06-2004, 06:57 PM
jstreim

Quote:
Pretty good, only a thousand or so tickets available from what I heard through the Isles.
That's what normally happens when a team gives away playoff tickets to every pending season ticket holder.

Old
04-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Le Golie

Isles 3-1.

Yashin (pp), Aucoin (pp), Scatchard.

Boyle (pp).

Old
04-06-2004, 10:15 PM
aucoin for norris*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreim
That's what normally happens when a team gives away playoff tickets to every pending season ticket holder.
umm by the way....the islanders havent not had a sold out playoff game in history of the franchsie....thanks for the wishes though....your fans wont even match the level the good old NVMC will bring come monday night!

oh! and the reason ticketmaster has screwed up your tixx is becasue they havent had much experience issuing hockey tixx at this point in the year.....theyre usually unloading the 2,000 tickets that get sold for the devil ray games.....what great back your sports franchises have....if it wasnt for the bucs i dont think u guys would even have sports fans.. :lol

Old
04-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
umm by the way....the islanders havent not had a sold out playoff game in history of the franchsie....thanks for the wishes though....your fans wont even match the level the good old NVMC will bring come monday night!

oh! and the reason ticketmaster has screwed up your tixx is becasue they havent had much experience issuing hockey tixx at this point in the year.....theyre usually unloading the 2,000 tickets that get sold for the devil ray games.....what great back your sports franchises have....if it wasnt for the bucs i dont think u guys would even have sports fans.. :lol
Hmm

I'm glad the other Isles fans are contributing in a more meaningful way. I'm done with you.

Old
04-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:

Yeah it is the SAME ticketmaster company everywhere all of them comes out of the main office in LA. And the SAME company sells even YOUR tickets.

That aside trust me there will not a single ticket available come game time.

A lot of smack talk from #8 seed that lately have only proven themself to be capable of early 1st round exits and i predict another EARLY 1st round exit just like vs Sens last year. So get those tee times ready you will need them very soon

Old
04-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Very hard to disagree with the second prediction posted in this thread, from Fuzzy:

14-2. :bonk:

(Though it could end up 14-3.)

Old
04-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Smash255

Send a message via AIM to Smash255
isles will take it in 6

Old
04-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Smash255

Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
Yeah it is the SAME ticketmaster company everywhere all of them comes out of the main office in LA. And the SAME company sells even YOUR tickets.

That aside trust me there will not a single ticket available come game time.

A lot of smack talk from #8 seed that lately have only proven themself to be capable of early 1st round exits and i predict another EARLY 1st round exit just like vs Sens last year. So get those tee times ready you will need them very soon

this Islander team is much different than the Islander team of last year, and this team is going to the playoffs hot, klast year's team backpeddled into the playoffs and played like crap down the stretch

Old
04-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Very hard to disagree with the second prediction posted in this thread, from Fuzzy:

14-2. :bonk:

(Though it could end up 14-3.)
Yeah, but if it's 14-2, I'd think St. Louis[e] would have more than 3 points!

Old
04-07-2004, 08:33 AM
rikker
fan since '75.

The Isles mobile d will keep up with TB's quick forwards. Ricky D. will make some rookie mistakes, but will dazzle with his athleticism and continue to make the highlight reels. The high powered Isles offense (that's right, 5th overall in scoring) will overwhelm TB, and 'the wall' will come crashing down! We'll take the body and take the series in 7.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:27 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts
By the way, how are those ticket sales going up there?
such concern for another team's tix sales

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...y-sports-print

There are 1,500 tickets left for the Islanders' home games in the first round of the playoffs

Old
04-07-2004, 09:32 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreim
I think it was a very smart ploy by Wang.He had fans who were unhappy that the team didn't make a big trade deadline move and still Newsday says, the isles got a 90% renewal from current season tix holders and signed up 1,500-1,600 new season tix holders.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Teezax

Ladies and gentleman, may i present your first round upset.

Isles take it in 6
The Bolts will feel the curse of the EASTERN CONFERENCE first seed.

Old
04-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Quote:

Isles in 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts
A ton? Can you name your source?
A reliable poster from the ************* board had talked with a ticket salesman when he bought tickets and she made it out that there were thousands of tickets available. That's it, I can't give paper trails or links.

A friend of mine has told me that the arena is extremely loud. Wonder if there's a "decibel count" stat to measure TB's arena versus our barn.

Old
04-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Simple question.

Why do a few fans insist on tweaking other fans about such unimportant, side-issues as attendance figures, when the only thing of importance is the game played on the ice?

Is that, in some twisted way, supposed to imply that "our fans are 'better' than your fans!"? And, as silly as that statement is, what exactly does that have to with anything whatsoever?

Better fans, better uniforms, better arena, better popcorn, better Icebunnies....Silly me, I still maintain that the game is the thing.

The only thing.

Last edited by Trottier: 04-08-2004 at 02:08 PM.
Old
04-08-2004, 08:24 AM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Solid post, as usual, Trots.

Story in the local paper today says they had about 3,500 tickets remaining yesterday. Capacity is about 20,000, for what it's worth.

Considering they sold out all the home playoff games last year and most of the home games down the stretch this year, it would certainly be a disappointment for team ownership/management.

However, as Trots more eloquently pointed out: Who cares?

Old
04-08-2004, 08:50 AM
VinnyVinnyVici

Send a message via ICQ to VinnyVinnyVici
Joe,

I'm not worried. If you remember, the Bolts had about 3,000 available for each of the first two games last year, and they had a strong walkup crowd on gameday and sold out the arena both games. I have no doubt that it will happen again.

The Bolts will get their sellouts and the fans that show up will make a lot more noise than the "crazies at Nassau" ever could in the Mausoleum on the Island... (just kidding, Trots!)

-----
GO BOLTS!!

Old
04-08-2004, 09:58 AM
CREW99AW

Local NY papers report Jason Blake is expected to return for game 3 or 4 and Bates is expected to play in game 1.

Closed Thread