HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs vow to be lean and mean

Old
09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Cheli

vCash: 500
Leafs vow to be lean and mean

Article on the start of training camp.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1285685/

Quote:
“We want to be a tough team to play against,” said the 6-foot-4 Komisarek as he emerged from the gym wiping sweat from his brow with his T-shirt. “We want to be physical and mean.

“We want to dominate that physical aspect of the game.”

There is no mystery as to what the 6-foot-3 Orr supplies.

Orr will wear 28, the same as the retired Tie Domi.

“I've had 28 since junior,” said Orr, adding with a grin that he's well aware of the enforcer role played by Domi. “I've heard some things, yeah.”

Tomas Kaberle and Komisarek could wind up together, which is a prospect Kaberle relishes because he craves to have an increased offensive presence.

“He's a big guy, a stay-at-home defenceman, and I'm the opposite so I don't see why it wouldn't work,” Kaberle said of the possible pairing.
Confused by the use of "Komisarek" and "increased offensive presence" in the same sentence, but oh well. Articles should start pouring out now that hockey's almost here.

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Please

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheli View Post
Article on the start of training camp.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1285685/

Confused by the use of "Komisarek" and "increased offensive presence" in the same sentence, but oh well. Articles should start pouring out now that hockey's almost here.
I think there basing this off Kaberle would have an increased offensive presence playing with Komi, because he wouldnt be relied on so heavily defensively.

Please is offline   Reply With Quote