HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heatley to SJ as per TSN

Old
09-12-2009, 05:37 PM
dutchy29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
agreed, id take fisher over lapierre in a 3rd line center spot, i LOVE laps but i think fisher is SICK, but a good plakenec is better offensivly and better suited for the 2nd line center spot

ottawas 2nd line center is a 3rd line center, and thats not gonna be good enough

where as we, have people battling for our 3rd and 4th center spots (yeah yeah i know laps has the 3rd spot sealed) but its nice to know chip and metro are there battling for the 4th spot, hell chipchura was touted as our future third line center not to long ago, so like i said, its nice to have SOME kind of depth at center no matter how small it may be over having a 3rd line center as your 2nd
even discussing Fisher, seriously destroys your credability as a hockey analyst.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 05:37 PM
BLONG7

Spezza is very happy about the trade...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Alfie-Spezza-Kovalev??? on the same line?

Unless the NHL will start to allow two pucks on the ice simultaneously, it`s not going to work. Both Spezza & Kovalev are way too puck dominant to play together. I think you`re more likely to see

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson
Cheechoo-Fisher-Kovalev

As for Kovalev potting 30 goals? Not sure about that, i don`t really think he`s as good of a goal scorer than most think. I think Habs fans especially are going to realize that Kovalev is a 2nd line player, not a 1st line one.

As for this trade...decent deal for Ottawa, this is a team that lacks serious depth all over their lineup, however, I think Murray wasted too much time making this deal. They should of dealt Heatley at the draft, I know it`s easy for me to say that from here, nevertheless, I think Murray should of done a better job in handling this situation.

I think the sens make out decent in this deal, they`ll have a much more balanced offense...but I don`t think it`s a great deal
lol man, did that ever make me laugh out loud

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 06:17 PM
le_sean

Of course now that Heatley has been traded he's a bum and Cheechoo is going to rebound.

Sorry Sens fans, this is a terrible trade anyway you look at it.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
even discussing Fisher, seriously destroys your credability as a hockey analyst.
even mispelling credibility, seriously destroys your ability to type anything worth a damn

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhabs View Post
One can put whatever spin they so desire in relation to this trade, but no way is Ottawa getting fair value for Heatley. If I were a Sens fan, I would be calling for Murrays head. Mr. Murray must have went to Rejean Houle for advice on this one.
Sens should of moved Heatley at the draft...the closer it got to training camp, the more value Heatley lost. But considering the circumstances, I think he did alright but definately not an ideal move.Murray`s really dismantled that team since staging his coup d`état on John Muckler a few years ago

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 07:01 PM
hotcarle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
man ive been freakin out about this for a while, i had no idea about the bruins were messing up so bad with one of their better players LOL, and from what i keep hearing theyve pretty much lost him as a player lol, the other thing im hearing im not glad about is that he might go to toronto, but im PRETTY sure shirelli or whatever wont let him go so easily to a same division team, all we gotta worry about is that offer sheet, BUT, another thing we got going for us is that its burke himself who crapped all over lowe for doing the same lol, does he risk making himself look like an utter hypocrite? especialy in front of alot of media

i think it looks good that kessel will probably not be anywhere close to our division, how about that? ottawa loses a DEADLY player and now boston is messing up with another decent player, and the habs are lookin goooood, i like it boys, i like it
I'm really hoping a team like Nashville gets Kessel, send him far away. Nashville actually has assets to trade unlike the leafs.

hotcarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 07:53 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refunded Pants View Post
boy, some of those Sens fans really take it personaly when you politely question things but you're from Montréal...

Anyway, I think under the circumstances, it was a pretty good trade with an interesting upside.
the up side being that we wont have to face kovalev and heatly 6 times this season.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Plek+Dags to Otawa for Cheechoo

lol good one.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:20 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
They really did get screwed.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:41 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
wow. ottawa just got destoyed on that deal.

who got smoked ?

SJ gets a preck , an ******* who quit on his team on a 7 mil cap hit , a loser
who done zilch when it counts.

Ottawa got a good deal , they had no depth up front , no leverage , and you say they got smoked ?

Michalek will score 30 goals , Cheecho should get 20 , plus you added Kovy in the summer . Those 3 are clealry better then the ******** they got rid of .

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 09-13-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Don't circumvent the profanity filter
onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:44 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhabs View Post
Even in a salary cap world , you have got to get better value for a legitimate 40-50 goal scorer that is Dany Heatley. At least hold out for some 1s't rounders to take the sting out of the bite . As a Habs fan, however, thank you Mr. Murray
7 mil cap players arent easy to move , you need a team to work with you

Ottawa did fine

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:44 PM
The Nightman

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
who got smoked ?

Ottawa got a good deal , they had no depth up front , no leverage , and you say they got smoked ?

Michalek will score 30 goals , Cheecho should get 20 , plus you added Kovy in the summer . Those 3 are clealry better then the ******** they got rid of .
ohh yeah, the senators lost nothing. Heatley is just a 50 goal guy, 100pt per season player. he sucks

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 09-13-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post
The Nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Gary320

Id rather be a Sharks fan.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Habs

Note to the bashers : If Ottawa had a better offer, they would have taken it, stop acting like you could have pulled off a better deal.

Teams have had a long time to present a better offer, nobody wants his contract.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:51 PM
le_sean

Quote:
who got smoked ?

Though Heatley did falter during the Finals, he still has 35 points in 34 playoff games. So to say he does "zilch" is wrong.

He might have demanded a trade which makes him look bad, but I'd take a 50 goal 100 point player any day of the week.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 09-13-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old
09-12-2009, 09:32 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
7 mil cap players arent easy to move , you need a team to work with you

Ottawa did fine
Scott Gomez says hi.

We gave up almost as much for Gomez as SJ did for Heatley.

Ottawa loses this deal big time.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 09:47 PM
The Nightman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Scott Gomez says hi.

Just because Gomez got traded doesn't mean it's easy to trade away 7 mill players...

The Nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:03 PM
RE-HABS

Michalek was made to play in the East, especially in the Northeast Division.

Cheechoo could be a steal if he can be healthy and find his scoring touch again...that may happen with family only in Sudbury a 4 hour road trip away to support him.

Heatley I hope is a major bust in San Jose, alongside Big Joe who can't do anything after the regular 82 game season.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
Just because Gomez got traded doesn't mean it's easy to trade away 7 mill players...
It's not, but you find a GM/Team desperate enough and in need of a player of that calibre and you can move them.

Hell, Brian Campbell could get moved. The worst contract that would probably be impossible to move would be Redden's and then maybe Huet depending on how he plays.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 10:07 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Scott Gomez says hi.

Gomez never asked or demanded a trade.

Higgins is no way in the same class as Milan Michalek or even Jonathan Cheechoo.

McDonagh is the piece we miss more, and he hasn't even played a game in the NHL so who knows if he turns out to be the pro we expect him to be.

In my opinion we gave up less, and I still think Ottawa received more than people think...especially if Cheechoo turns it around.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
I never believed Murray would blackball him.

Thank god a game breaker out of the division! Heatley+Kovy was kinda scary...

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:40 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
at least the second pick should have been a 1st
My immediate thoughts were this as well.

Michalek and Cheechoo? really? but ONLY a 2nd....

To be honest I said ALL along Ottawa would get fleeced in any deal inclusive of 3 way deals, and people (Ottawa fans mainly) in the trade forums acted like I was crazy. I find this very funny, they got fleeced just like any sane hockey person easily predicted.

Who knows though, maybe Cheechoo and Michaelek wind up putting up Heatley numbers combined? I'm sure sens fans are praying to god they are good.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Ginu

Let me present the opposite view. Ottawa's top 6 is now Kovalev, Alfredsson, Spezza, Michalek, Cheechoo and Fisher. That is much more balanced and dangerous than having Heatley and adding say, Foligno.

From the Sharks perspective, they now have Nabokov, Thornton, Marleau, Boyle and Heatley eating how much of their cap?

You can say that the Sharks got the best player in this trade, but if Ottawa can maneuver their way to picking up a top 3rd or 4th defenceman, they'll be very dangerous.

I wouldn't necessarily say the Sharks win this trade if you look deeper into the positions the clubs are now in even though Heatley was a 50 goal scorer.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2009, 12:00 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Let me present the opposite view. Ottawa's top 6 is now Kovalev, Alfredsson, Spezza, Michalek, Cheechoo and Fisher. That is much more balanced and dangerous than having Heatley and adding say, Foligno.

From the Sharks perspective, they now have Nabokov, Thornton, Marleau, Boyle and Heatley eating how much of their cap?

You can say that the Sharks got the best player in this trade, but if Ottawa can maneuver their way to picking up a top 3rd or 4th defenceman, they'll be very dangerous.

I wouldn't necessarily say the Sharks win this trade if you look deeper into the positions the clubs are now in even though Heatley was a 50 goal scorer.
You will be in for a surprise. I don't think they will be bad, but Alfie is older, Michalek has never hit 30 goals and he played with Thornton, Kovalev is Kovalev, Cheechoo has been on the decline for quite some time and Foligno is still young. The defence is below average and the goaltending is questionable.