HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pre-game thread:#2 San Jose Sharks vs #7 St. Louis Blues

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 04:54 PM
slosharksfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to slosharksfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelobster
I think I remember Weight cross checking Davison in the face earlier this season.
that was Tkchuck

Old
04-07-2004, 05:02 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

Heh...never would have guessed Keith would do that. Never.

Old
04-07-2004, 05:10 PM
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Tiburones
Say what you will about Marchment being a goon, but what Weight did was not exactly within the code of hockey ethics.
Agreed. I understand people's feelings about Marchment and how he deserved it/had it coming to him and all that, but it's so hypocritical for one to hate him and yet cheer for what Weight did.

Old
04-08-2004, 12:38 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Sharks need to stick to there game tomorow and play with that speed and agressiveness that has worked all year...hopefully there young players like Marleau,Stuart,Cheechoo come to play like they have. I expect big things from Ekman.

GO SHARKS

Old
04-08-2004, 03:48 AM
Coffey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue44
funny I gained all the respect for him too
Me too. I don't like what Marchment does and it was nice to see Weight stand up for himself.

This series is hard for me to get a read on. It may be a 2nd seed vs. a 7th seed but it wouldn't surprise me if the Blues can pull off a series victory. You can definitely bet on the Sharks hitting and goading Pronger every chance they get, especially with Jackman and McInnis out.

Old
04-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelobster
I think I remember Weight cross checking Davison in the face earlier this season.

However I don't blame him for his actions against Marchment. Anybody remember Marchment's knee that put Weight out for a while?

It put Weight out for a couple of games IIRC. Either way, it was a cheap shot and the league didn't hand out any discipline to Marchment for the hit....which is why Weight went after him the next time they played each other. Weight jumped him along the boards, and Marchment turtled like Claude Lemieux did vs. Darren McCarty in '97.

As for tonight....Sharks 4, Blues 2. San Jose takes the 1st game with Marleau playing very well, the Blues looking slow, and everyone will be howling about how bad Osgood looked in the game even though the 3 goals he allows (the 4th will be an empty net) come as a result of defensive breakdowns that leave him all alone against the Sharks. (But...the Blues will take Game 2 on Saturday.)

P.S. - Note to Sharks fans: if booing Chris Pronger every time he touches the puck makes you feel better, boo away. If you think booing him (or any player, for that matter) is going to make said player play bad, keep dreaming. Wanna screw him up? Cheer for him, get silent, .... - do something he'd never expect.

Works all the time in basketball at the free throw line, but few fans ever try it.

04-09-2004, 12:22 AM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
It put Weight out for a couple of games IIRC. Either way, it was a cheap shot and the league didn't hand out any discipline to Marchment for the hit....which is why Weight went after him the next time they played each other. Weight jumped him along the boards, and Marchment turtled like Claude Lemieux did vs. Darren McCarty in '97.
Marchment kneed Weight back when he was still with the Oilers, Weight missed a few shifts and then the first shift he came back he clocked Marchment with a cheap shot.

Old
04-09-2004, 12:26 AM
mage23

Send a message via ICQ to mage23 Send a message via AIM to mage23 Send a message via MSN to mage23 Send a message via Yahoo to mage23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
P.S. - Note to Sharks fans: if booing Chris Pronger every time he touches the puck makes you feel better, boo away. If you think booing him (or any player, for that matter) is going to make said player play bad, keep dreaming. Wanna screw him up? Cheer for him, get silent, .... - do something he'd never expect.
Tell that to your own fans too. In the last two series, they've booed Ricci every time he touches the puck. That's why we started booing Pronger

Old
04-09-2004, 12:34 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I know they aren't gonna call this in OT, but a Sharks player was holding Backman's stick which allowed Dimitrakos to get the OT winner. Dont know if anyone caught that.

Old
04-09-2004, 12:46 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
I know they aren't gonna call this in OT, but a Sharks player was holding Backman's stick which allowed Dimitrakos to get the OT winner. Dont know if anyone caught that.
I just saw the replay of the play on ESPN. And [if it was backman] Backman had his stick up in Damphousse's midsection. Damphousse had both hands on his stick and went to play the puck. Backmen bent over and grabbed Vinny's Stick allowing the puck to go right onto Dimitrackos' stick.

one could argue Vinny was holding the StL's guy stick with his armpit, but Backman was just as guilty.

Old
04-09-2004, 12:58 AM
mage23

Send a message via ICQ to mage23 Send a message via AIM to mage23 Send a message via MSN to mage23 Send a message via Yahoo to mage23
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
one could argue Vinny was holding the StL's guy stick with his armpit, but Backman was just as guilty.
Yup... happened right in front of me. Two guys fighting for position in the playoffs... they're not going to call that.

Old
04-09-2004, 01:57 AM
SJSharksFan

Yep, saw the replay. Backman had Vinnie's stick and Vinny had Backman's stick under his armpit. If you are gonna call Vinny on holding the sitck, you gotta call backman as well.

Old
04-09-2004, 02:12 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharksFan
Yep, saw the replay. Backman had Vinnie's stick and Vinny had Backman's stick under his armpit. If you are gonna call Vinny on holding the sitck, you gotta call backman as well.
It doesn't really matter, I dont even know why I even pointed it out. I just wanted to see Double OT.

Closed Thread