HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers TV Schedule - ALL GAMES IN HD!!

Old
09-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Rattrick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Panthers TV Schedule - ALL GAMES IN HD!!

I'm stoked about the HD thing.

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536792

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Plus Brighthouse here in Orlando is finally offering a single (yes just one) channel for the package in HD, so there's a chance I'll see some that aren't Lightning broadcasts in HD :p So has anyone bothered to figure out what if any games are completely not watchable on TV this year?

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Weiwuer

That's great news!

Weiwuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Plus Brighthouse here in Orlando is finally offering a single (yes just one) channel for the package in HD, so there's a chance I'll see some that aren't Lightning broadcasts in HD :p So has anyone bothered to figure out what if any games are completely not watchable on TV this year?
Thats weird... here in Tampa brighthouse is pretty good with the package.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Thats weird... here in Tampa brighthouse is pretty good with the package.
Eh, issues with the NHL package in Orlando for Brighthouse as follows:

1. You have to order almost a few days before the season because until then, they "don't know if they're getting it" or say "it's too early to order it". I mean you often have trouble ordering it by preseason which is ridiculous.

2. There are sometimes issues with the channels that won't come in properly and they seem to change their "rules" every year on home vs away and how a broadcast works.

3. They are FINALLY offering HD but only one channel, talk about limited.

Now granted the package is super cheap for what you get but they lack almost all knowledge of this package.

Old
09-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:

1. You have to order almost a few days before the season because until then, they "don't know if they're getting it" or say "it's too early to order it". I mean you often have trouble ordering it by preseason which is ridiculous.

2. There are sometimes issues with the channels that won't come in properly and they seem to change their "rules" every year on home vs away and how a broadcast works.

Now granted the package is super cheap for what you get but they lack almost all knowledge of this package.
Yeah, i think i've had problems like number 1 before. But I've only ordered it once. So when i order it again this year, i'll see how it goes.

Though, i was confused last year cause it said we had 2 HD channels, but the second one was invisible. I never found it.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:

At the risk of asking a stupid question PR, why not shift over to DirecTV (or another service than BH)? I know the weather is a bit more hit or miss in FL but their package is 2 channels per feed (HD and SD)

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 02:24 PM
panthertod

I had the same issues w/ Time Warner last year... no Panther HD games at all.

I switched the Direct TV so I'm much more excited about this years games.

I'll be able to watch us lose more clearly

panthertod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
At the risk of asking a stupid question PR, why not shift over to DirecTV (or another service than BH)? I know the weather is a bit more hit or miss in FL but their package is 2 channels per feed (HD and SD)
Cost, weather issues interfering with the satellite and I'm not sure we're allowed to have a dish at this condo. The first two reasons are the same reasons my future father-in-law got rid of his. Granted I'm also ticked we don't have NFL Network.

Old
09-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Cost, weather issues interfering with the satellite and I'm not sure we're allowed to have a dish at this condo. The first two reasons are the same reasons my future father-in-law got rid of his. Granted I'm also ticked we don't have NFL Network.
Is BH truly that much cheaper? I've found that the sat services (Dish or DTV) are pretty comparable cost wise. Weather is a factor though I haven't had any interruptions here in N TX and we get quite a bit of overcast and rain too.

Old
09-03-2010, 04:23 PM
panthertod

Direct TV is MUCH cheaper than Time Warner -I'm in Charlotte, no brighthouse.

panthertod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

I guess I can look into it, but overall costs in the past have come out more.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:44 PM
jol

Quote:
Cost, weather issues interfering with the satellite and I'm not sure we're allowed to have a dish at this condo.
If you have a balcony you can put your disk there (could be of course pointing to wrong direction), condo board cannot deny it.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 06:28 PM
CanadianPantherFan

First year with the Plasma/HDPVR box so I'm pumped!

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 06:35 PM
jglenn001

Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
Sweeet!

jglenn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 08:51 AM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Last season my cable provider here in Ohio offered only one of the CI channels in HD. The bad part was the Cats were on it rarely. It's tough because hockey benefits from HD like nothing else. Makes it hard to go back to regular. Here's to hoping they offer all the CI games on HD!

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Quote:
Is BH truly that much cheaper? I've found that the sat services (Dish or DTV) are pretty comparable cost wise. Weather is a factor though I haven't had any interruptions here in N TX and we get quite a bit of overcast and rain too.
FCC regulations prevent any complex from disallowing a dish, so you've got nothing to worry about there. I went through the same thing when I lived at an apartment back in the day. They have the right to say you can't mount it, but you can always do a stand type of deal.

If you are interested in signing up, let me know and I can "refer" you so we can both save $100

Of course, the decision should be yours, I'm not just trying to save some money here.

Old
09-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Whenever the Panthers offered a game in HD, I got in HD for Brighthouse. I could see the difference as I changed to channels that weren't HD.

I hate DircecTV with a passion. Some of the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced, constantly lost the signal when a cloud blew over, and it was too pricey. I've never had an issue with Brighthouse at all.

09-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Curious, Im out of market right now for FS Florida, so I have to buy CI to watch the Panthers, if I have a HD receiver would I get these HD feeds (dish network customer) or would I not because Im not in the regional viewing area. Or is there more to it?

Egblad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 06:14 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
Last season my cable provider here in Ohio offered only one of the CI channels in HD. The bad part was the Cats were on it rarely. It's tough because hockey benefits from HD like nothing else. Makes it hard to go back to regular. Here's to hoping they offer all the CI games on HD!

I agree totally. Because of the quick movement of the game and the size of the puck, watching hockey in HD is soooo much better than SD. It's easier to make out jersey numbers and faces when the cameras go to a long shot, not to mention better for following the puck too. I got a new 40" Samsung 1080p flat screen so I'm excited!

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Curious, Im out of market right now for FS Florida, so I have to buy CI to watch the Panthers, if I have a HD receiver would I get these HD feeds (dish network customer) or would I not because Im not in the regional viewing area. Or is there more to it?
Not sure about Dish, but DTV operates as "As long as you have CI and an HD Receiver, you can see the games in HD"They all have their "Blackout Restrictions," but I don't know what the areas of restriction are. You'd likely have to call them and ask.

Old
09-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Not sure about Dish, but DTV operates as "As long as you have CI and an HD Receiver, you can see the games in HD"They all have their "Blackout Restrictions," but I don't know what the areas of restriction are. You'd likely have to call them and ask.
Thanks man, I'll definitely look into it.

Egblad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

One issue I'd have though is that I have 3 tvs and I'd be forced to get 3 receivers, where right now I only have 2 because my cable automatically includes basic cable...so my 3rd tv is just on that. That one is rarely used and it would be kind of a waste to put that on a major receiver.

Old
09-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
One issue I'd have though is that I have 3 tvs and I'd be forced to get 3 receivers, where right now I only have 2 because my cable automatically includes basic cable...so my 3rd tv is just on that. That one is rarely used and it would be kind of a waste to put that on a major receiver.
This is true .. Although service to add'l receivers are $5/mo (again, that's DTV not Dish). Not too bad, but if you don't use it much it would be a waste.

Old
09-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I hate DircecTV with a passion. Some of the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced, constantly lost the signal when a cloud blew over, and it was too pricey. I've never had an issue with Brighthouse at all.
I don't know how some people have such opposite experiences. DTV credited me nearly $400 last year b/c they missed their install twice -- once because they didn't bring a big enough latter and once because they didn't bring the right type of dish. That'd pretty damn good customer service to me!

Also, I've watched TV during a hurricane, but also lost service when it wasn't raining, it's dependent on the type of cloud cover, but I'll say I legitimately lose TV coverage about 5x a year, which is still unfortunate.

The best thing about DTV in Central Florida is that FSN Florida is part of their base package and not a split channel, so I get all Panther games and would get all Marlins games (if I cared to watch), all Heat games, etc. When I was in college and on Bright House, I couldn't watch Panthers games without CI.

I do like Bright House though and really would never have Cable TV unless it was through them because all other Cable TV providers are a joke. However, I'm happy with DTV because I'm an HDTV junkie and they blow everyone else out of the water in that arena