HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009-2010 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

vCash: 500
My wife doesn't like hockey much, but she loves the vids. Tx.

Old
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
My wife doesn't like hockey much, but she loves the vids. Tx.
Yeah, he did a great job with the video. Did you read the thread? It was good, too.

12-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Parros wasn't dressed and Boogaard started running around, Boynton went and dealt with the issue. Miss having him here at times, he's all heart and always sticks up for his teammates.

Old
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

Saw this on TSN. Thought it was freaking hilarious

CALGARY RESTAURANT OWNER FURIOUS AT OILERS OVER UNPAID TAB

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=304329

Old
01-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Saw this on TSN. Thought it was freaking hilarious

CALGARY RESTAURANT OWNER FURIOUS AT OILERS OVER UNPAID TAB

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=304329
Its a fishy story, he said the Flames never paid him like a year ago, and he says the Oil never gave them a tip...when the receipt clearly says gratuity with a huge amount on it.

Old
01-14-2010, 10:12 AM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

More reason to dislike the Penguins...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=513444

I'm sure this is an isolated incident

I'm glad that producer was suspended. Of course, he wasn't suspended for hiding the replay from Toronto... he was suspended for being dumb enough to show it on the air.

Old
01-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Ray Whitney has been asked to waive his NTC. I can't stand the guy personally, but he could really help this team, imo. Carolina will be looking for a decent amount to get him, and we likely don't have the pieces, but I could see him coming back here.

Also, while he makes too much at 5.4 for two more seasons, and we likely won't get him because of that, Souray is out there as well. He's a solid guy to have on the point for the PP and will stand up for his teammates, but again, i don't think we'll see him in a Panther uni.

Sexton, actually, set us up for the deadline. We have several guys on one year contracts who a team like Chicago, or someone else looking to shed salary and make some room after this season, may be looking to make a deal or two. Leopold, Seidenberg, Moore, and some RFAs may appeal to some teams out there.

Old
01-21-2010, 12:40 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Ray Whitney has been asked to waive his NTC. I can't stand the guy personally, but he could really help this team, imo. Carolina will be looking for a decent amount to get him, and we likely don't have the pieces, but I could see him coming back here.

Also, while he makes too much at 5.4 for two more seasons, and we likely won't get him because of that, Souray is out there as well. He's a solid guy to have on the point for the PP and will stand up for his teammates, but again, i don't think we'll see him in a Panther uni.

Sexton, actually, set us up for the deadline. We have several guys on one year contracts who a team like Chicago, or someone else looking to shed salary and make some room after this season, may be looking to make a deal or two. Leopold, Seidenberg, Moore, and some RFAs may appeal to some teams out there.
Really good point. I'm curious to see if teams start trading before or after the Olympic break since there will be only 3 days to the trade deadline once the break is over. I'd really like to see the Panthers go out and get someone who can help us get to that next step, rather than a guy like Laraque who'll be another bottom 6er.

Old
01-21-2010, 02:17 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post

I really hope we talk to Chicago and at least try to make a trade with them with all the young talent on their roster.

Old
01-21-2010, 02:18 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
I really hope we talk to Chicago and at least try to make a trade with them with all the young talent on their roster.
We have some attractive assets, especially considering their contract status. I gotta think teams are asking us.

Old
01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
We have some attractive assets, especially considering their contract status. I gotta think teams are asking us.
If we could trade off one of our vets on an expiring contract for someone like Versteeg or Byfuglien, I think it would be a good move.

Old
01-21-2010, 03:05 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
If we could trade off one of our vets on an expiring contract for someone like Versteeg or Byfuglien, I think it would be a good move.
Yeah, they both make around 3 mill a year. Maybe Siedenberg and Moore/Dvorak for one of them. Would give them some cap space for next year.

Old
01-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Erick*

http://peteprose.com/2010/01/larry-b...llas-exchange/

Old
01-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Thanks for sharing--I'm actually starting to like Tortorella.

Old
01-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Acadmus
retired mod

WOW is the East tight. As of today, 3 points are all that separate 6th place from 13th. After over 50 games.

Old
01-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Ridiculous, isn't it? Should help the attendance figures, though.

Old
01-29-2010, 11:57 PM
jol

Ville Peltonen was traded from Minsk to Moscow, TsSKA. Not sure what was the reason, he used to be a captain of Minsk team. Not sure if he misses NHL?

JOL

Old
01-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Having been to Minsk many times, I can only surmise that this is Ville, slowly working his way back into the Bigs. Moscow's got to be a huge improvement.

Old
01-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Having been to Minsk many times, I can only surmise that this is Ville, slowly working his way back into the Bigs. Moscow's got to be a huge improvement.
Wish he never left, as we've seen this season, he was very important to the CPR line. More important that a lot of us realized. Love that guy!

Old
01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
panthersfan751

Phaneuf has been traded to the Leafs.

Old
01-31-2010, 11:07 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
On the surface, it looks like the Flames just got maple leafed. Looks like Sutter was randomly pressing buttons and he accidentally sent the transfers.

But, player wise, right now, the Flames don't do too badly. Hagman will be a useful top 6 player. White brings some solid offense. Stajan does too. Basically, they got some very useful depth. The issue is what Phanuef projects to be. If its the Dion of the last two years, then the Flames didn't get screwed. If Dion manages to transfer his game upto his ability, the Flames got were sexually assaulted, only they then took a shower, removing all potential proof.

Seems a weird move for the Flames to make IMO.

Old
01-31-2010, 11:08 AM
panthersfan751

To Toronto: Phaneuf, Aulie, Sjostrom

To Calgary: Hagman, Ian White, Mayers, Stajan ‎

Looks like a really bad deal for Calgary. I don't know how Burke wasn't forced to give up either Schenn or Kadri.

Old
01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Phaneuf has been traded to the Leafs.
See what he returned? I can't believe people think Kovy is going to bring back a treasure trove.

Old
01-31-2010, 11:17 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
On the surface, it looks like the Flames just got maple leafed. Looks like Sutter was randomly pressing buttons and he accidentally sent the transfers.

But, player wise, right now, the Flames don't do too badly. Hagman will be a useful top 6 player. White brings some solid offense. Stajan does too. Basically, they got some very useful depth. The issue is what Phanuef projects to be. If its the Dion of the last two years, then the Flames didn't get screwed. If Dion manages to transfer his game upto his ability, the Flames got were sexually assaulted, only they then took a shower, removing all potential proof.

Seems a weird move for the Flames to make IMO.
I think Calgary becomes a better overall team for this season. White is really good. Also, they gain some cap space after this season which has a lot of value but is often overlooked on these boards.

Old
01-31-2010, 11:21 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I think Calgary becomes a better overall team for this season. White is really good. Also, they gain some cap space after this season which has a lot of value but is often overlooked on these boards.
I agree. White is a solid dman and a fan favorite.

I just had to LOL that (with Hagman) the Flames have added yet another former Panther to the fold.

Closed Thread