HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009-2010 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2009, 04:08 PM
  #176
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Someone posted this video on the mains, not the NHL, but it's awesome!

I still think a Sumo Wrestler could dance as well if not better!

Georgia Panther is offline  
Old
11-01-2009, 04:23 PM
  #177
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Group of Sumos Singing and Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
I still think a Sumo Wrestler could dance as well if not better!

Georgia Panther is offline  
Old
11-01-2009, 06:08 PM
  #178
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Malkin was the best player in the NHL last year.
that's debatable...although i agree Malkin had a great year no doubt..a certain Ovechkin did get the MVP award


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
The Penguins aren't a great team. I maintain this theory.
really? hummm wierd, i guess being the current Stanley Cup champs and with the best record so far of the season doesn't constitute being a great team to you...should we be considered a great team?


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Malkin plays with average players himself. Indeed now Kovy has a better supporting cast than Malkin.
ohh c'mon dude you can't be that dillusional, at least tell me you simply don't like Ilya or something but that's utter rubbish, makes you look like an outright Malkin fanboy and very biased...who does Kovalchuk have now? Maxim Afinogenov and Antropov!!! uuuuuuuu yeah hahaha

not only does Malkin has the privilage of playing with a fellow superstar of the sport, but he has been in a team in which since his first game he's been surrounded by Stanly Cup champs...i mean just look at the team he played with last season, a team which included Craig Adams, Ruslan Fedotenko, Petr Sykora, Chris Kunitz and Bill Guerin, that's 5 players with Stanley Cup rings in his team...plus all the other players with previous all star apperances and tons of NHL experience like Gonchar and Boucher just in last year's team to name a few...

i can only think of Pavol Kubina and Kozlov, that's the only people around Ilya who have a ring


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Malkin may not be as typically pleasing to watch, but he is a better player.
how's he a better player? please do explain.....so far all your explenations i have shattered, and have been frankly very weak, in fact have made you lose credability by saying Pitts is not a great team and that Ilya has better players on his team


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Malkin has hit the 100pt mark twice (rarely plays with Crosby, has Fedetenko/Dupuis/Sykora as his wingers last two years). Kovalchuk yet to hit 100 pts. You can play the bad team card and its valid to an extent, but great players will always put up points no matter where they are. Crosby and Ovy did so on awful teams in their first year. Being on a bad team oftens increases your stats ... see Jokinen.
1st of all by far Kovalchuk's Atlanta has been worse than any Pittsburgh side Malkin has been on, in fact since his first season Malkin has made it to the playoffs...and every 100 point season Malkin's had Pittsburgh has made it to the finals...nuff said about that i think...

2nd of all Kovie's had 98, 91 point seasons on a team which c'mon dude you simply can't compare by a mile...take last year , Atlanta was 4th worst in the NHL, Kovie was 6th in scoring...

being on a bad team increases your stats if you say so, but doesn't put you on top 10 scoring leaders and top 3 in goals if you aren't truly some special guy

if you truly think that Malkin would still be as good as Kovie is in a team like Atlanta, than by all means this conversation is over because i truly can't get to you

Panteras is offline  
Old
11-01-2009, 06:47 PM
  #179
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
that's debatable...although i agree Malkin had a great year no doubt..a certain Ovechkin did get the MVP award
Malkin was better. Ovechkin was great, and has been the best so far this year, but Malkin was the best player in the world last year.

Of course this is just my opinion, but i think Malkin was marginally better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
really? hummm wierd, i guess being the current Stanley Cup champs and with the best record so far of the season doesn't constitute being a great team to you...should we be considered a great team?

I should have stressed my sentence in a different way. The Penguins are a very good team, but i don't think they have great depth. Its the Malkin/Crosby show. They have pretty average wingers, and Malkin and Crosby haven't really played with that much talent so far. Certainly Kovalchuk has a better cast than Malkin this year.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
ohh c'mon dude you can't be that dillusional, at least tell me you simply don't like Ilya or something but that's utter rubbish, makes you look like an outright Malkin fanboy and very biased...who does Kovalchuk have now? Maxim Afinogenov and Antropov!!! uuuuuuuu yeah hahaha
Kovalchuk is my favourite player. I just happen to understand that he is not as good as the big three.

Antropov is an excellent and underrated player. Whilst he is slow as hell and certainly isn't what he was hyped to be, he is a very useful top 6 forward. Afinogenov is a hgue enigma, but from the games i've watched this year, offensively atleast has been solid. Again, those two >>> Fedetenko/Dupuis, who between each other can barely bury a puck. The Penguins have their 3rd line of Cooke/Staal/Kennedy meaning Malkin is stuck with those two. They are not top six forwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
not only does Malkin has the privilage of playing with a fellow superstar of the sport, but he has been in a team in which since his first game he's been surrounded by Stanly Cup champs...i mean just look at the team he played with last season, a team which included Craig Adams, Ruslan Fedotenko, Petr Sykora, Chris Kunitz and Bill Guerin, that's 5 players with Stanley Cup rings in his team...plus all the other players with previous all star apperances and tons of NHL experience like Gonchar and Boucher just in last year's team to name a few...
Malkin only plays with Crosby on the PP. At ES he is only put with Crosby when they are running out of ideas. Obviously he benefits from playing on a great PP unit (which he is instrumental in). Surrounded by stanley cup champs? The amount of rings you have has no influence on your talent level. Kirk Maltby has multiple rings, but i certainly wouldn't call him a great player.

If you watched the Penguins (apparent you don't) you'd know Fedetenko and Dupuis are incapable of scoring on chances created by Malkin. Crosby also has this issue to an extent, as Kunitz has now been snakebitten for over 50 games. Guerin is nowhere near what he used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
i can only think of Pavol Kubina and Kozlov, that's the only people around Ilya who have a ring
Having a ring means nothing. Dear god, its an awful argument. Seriously, if you are actually using this as a line of argument, then you are more mentally retarded than Paris Hilton.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
how's he a better player? please do explain.....so far all your explenations i have shattered, and have been frankly very weak, in fact have made you lose credability by saying Pitts is not a great team and that Ilya has better players on his team
Ilya isn't playing on a better team. I agree. But the cast he plays with at ES are better than Malkins cast. Atlanta isn't a better team than the Penguins, but offensively the gap isn't as huge as you are making it out to be.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
1st of all by far Kovalchuk's Atlanta has been worse than any Pittsburgh side Malkin has been on, in fact since his first season Malkin has made it to the playoffs...and every 100 point season Malkin's had Pittsburgh has made it to the finals...nuff said about that i think...

2nd of all Kovie's had 98, 91 point seasons on a team which c'mon dude you simply can't compare by a mile...take last year , Atlanta was 4th worst in the NHL, Kovie was 6th in scoring...

being on a bad team increases your stats if you say so, but doesn't put you on top 10 scoring leaders and top 3 in goals if you aren't truly some special guy

if you truly think that Malkin would still be as good as Kovie is in a team like Atlanta, than by all means this conversation is over because i truly can't get to you
Kovalchuk is a fantastic player. But i don't think you understand that how bad your team is rarely affects a superstars ability to put up points. Ovechkin managed to put 100pts in his first year playing with Chris Clark. The fact is, Malkin has a scoring title to his name, another 100pt year, PPG in his Calder year, and he had the highest PPG in the playoffs in over a decade. Malkin statistically has outperformed Kovalchuk at every single level. You are just using hypothetical ramblings in attempt to make Kovalchuk better than he is in reality.

Kovalchuk is a dynamic forward and the 2nd best Goal scorer in the world. But for his overall offensive package, he can't compete with Malkin. He may have a quicker release on his shots and more flash with dangling, but Malkin is better in every other facet. Better vision, passing, protecting the puck, IQ and when he wants to, has the ability to completely dominate a game like no other player on the planet.

Malkin may be the most underrated superstar in a long long time.

You are entitled to your opinion. But you are certainly in the minority if you think Kovalchuk is in the same category as Malkin.

In the end, i will use statistical evidence. You can use whatever you wish to use.


Last edited by Acadmus: 11-02-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: politics
J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
  #180
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Malkin was better. Ovechkin was great, and has been the best so far this year, but Malkin was the best player in the world last year.

Of course this is just my opinion, but i think Malkin was marginally better.
ovechkin owned him in goals, he owned ovechkin in assists, you can call it even stevens if you'd like, marginally better because he did continue his scoring through the playoffs and won the cup..but like i said a certain Alexander Ovechkin was the MVP of the 82 game NHL season


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post

I should have stressed my sentence in a different way. The Penguins are a very good team, but i don't think they have great depth. Its the Malkin/Crosby show. They have pretty average wingers, and Malkin and Crosby haven't really played with that much talent so far. Certainly Kovalchuk has a better cast than Malkin this year.
and Atlanta isn't the Kovalchuk show? ooook hahahaha wow


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Kovalchuk is my favourite player. I just happen to understand that he is not as good as the big three.
yeah and Crosby's my fav. player ....ummm no, what you don't understand is that he is just as good as any one in the world


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Antropov is an excellent and underrated player. Whilst he is slow as hell and certainly isn't what he was hyped to be, he is a very useful top 6 forward. Afinogenov is a hgue enigma, but from the games i've watched this year, offensively atleast has been solid. Again, those two >>> Fedetenko/Dupuis, who between each other can barely bury a puck.
wtf!! hahahaha Antropov!!!? dude we are talking about a guy who doesn't have a goal yet this season...Afinogenov has 7 points..Fedoento has 6 while Dupuis has 4..maybe the weak link is Dupuis but it's not the disparity you make it out to be, specially since you are talking about guys who can't even bury the puck..*cough Nick *cough 0 goals * cough

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
The Penguins have their 3rd line of Cooke/Staal/Kennedy meaning Malkin is stuck with those two. They are not top six forwards.
and a guy who doesn't have a goal is stop 6 foward? pfffss even Kennedy has 5 goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Malkin only plays with Crosby on the PP. At ES he is only put with Crosby when they are running out of ideas. Obviously he benefits from playing on a great PP unit (which he is instrumental in). Surrounded by stanley cup champs? The amount of rings you have has no influence on your talent level. Kirk Maltby has multiple rings, but i certainly wouldn't call him a great player.
i never said the amount of rings a player had constituted to his skill level, when did i say that? wtf? you must have the reading comprehension skills of a toddler wow

i was merely noting the fact that Malkin has been and is surrounded by more experienced well rounded players than Kovalchuk, Stanley Cup champ players, 5 to be exact just last year in his best season in the NHL..if you don't think that makes a difference than i don't know what drug you are on...it's no wonder teams try to fill their squads with players that have rings and add depth and experience, i don't know how that's hard for you to understand, it's not rocket science


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post

If you watched the Penguins (apparent you don't) you'd know Fedetenko and Dupuis are incapable of scoring on chances created by Malkin. Crosby also has this issue to an extent, as Kunitz has now been snakebitten for over 50 games. Guerin is nowhere near what he used to be.
Dupuis does suck, but c'mooon if you watched the Thrashers you'd know Antropov can't even hit a melon and Afinogenov is simply average like i said even Tyler Kennedy has more goals than both these guys


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Having a ring means nothing. Dear god, its an awful argument. Seriously, if you are actually using this as a line of argument, then you are more mentally retarded than Paris Hilton.
so experience means nothing...mmmk than i guess i'm mentally retarded



Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Ilya isn't playing on a better team. I agree. But the cast he plays with at ES are better than Malkins cast. Atlanta isn't a better team than the Penguins, but offensively the gap isn't as huge as you are making it out to be.

indeed it isn't as huge..THIS year..so would you say it's about the same? ok, Kovalchuk 9 goals in 8 games...10 points in 8 games while Malkin has 14 points in 12 games...statistically the same as far as total points are concerned, so where is your argument that Malkin is this player who's so much better than Kovie?


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post

The first line i'll glaze over because it makes George Bush look intelligent.
translation: "you made a point which i can't refute, therefore i'm just going to make a retarded comment so i can just say something"


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Kovalchuk is a fantastic player. But i don't think you understand that how bad your team is rarely affects a superstars ability to put up points. Ovechkin managed to put 100pts in his first year playing with Chris Clark.

but dude, that's exactly my point, Kovie does put up points, yet again you seem to not be reading at all what i said so i'll say it again....TAKE LAST YEAR FOR EXAMPLE, ATLANTA 4TH WORST TEAM IN THE NHL, KOVIE 6TH SCORING LEADER, 3RD IN GOALS

Ovechkin is just in a different planet


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
The fact is, Malkin has a scoring title to his name, another 100pt year, PPG in his Calder year, and he had the highest PPG in the playoffs in over a decade. Malkin statistically has outperformed Kovalchuk at every single level. You are just using hypothetical ramblings in attempt to make Kovalchuk better than he is in reality.
yet you say the following:


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Kovalchuk is a dynamic forward and the 2nd best Goal scorer in the world.
lolss you just auto-PWNED yourself


Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
But for his overall offensive package, he can't compete with Malkin. He may have a quicker release on his shots and more flash with dangling, but Malkin is better in every other facet. Better vision, passing, protecting the puck, IQ and when he wants to, has the ability to completely dominate a game like no other player on the planet.



Malkin may be the most underrated superstar in a long long time.

You are entitled to your opinion. But you are certainly in the minority if you think Kovalchuk is in the same category as Malkin.

In the end, i will use statistical evidence. You can use whatever you wish to use.
all above is simply your opinion... and no you pretty much failed miserably at the "statistical" evidence


Last edited by Panteras: 11-01-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Panteras is offline  
Old
11-02-2009, 01:06 PM
  #181
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,487
vCash: 500
It looks like we won't have to face Mr. King Diver himself on Wednesday
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=297003

and Ovechkin is now day-to-day with an upper body injury. I wonder if he'll be ready for our back-to-back this weekend against the Caps.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=296993

FlaPnthrsPunk is online now  
Old
11-02-2009, 02:11 PM
  #182
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
It looks like we won't have to face Mr. King Diver himself on Wednesday
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=297003

and Ovechkin is now day-to-day with an upper body injury. I wonder if he'll be ready for our back-to-back this weekend against the Caps.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=296993
Well, Staal is out, but Cole is in. I'd say that's a net diver gain of 0.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
11-02-2009, 05:43 PM
  #183
Anod
Registered User
 
Anod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
It looks like we won't have to face Mr. King Diver himself on Wednesday
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=297003

and Ovechkin is now day-to-day with an upper body injury. I wonder if he'll be ready for our back-to-back this weekend against the Caps.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=296993
According to yahoo.com, Ovechkin will be missing both games this weekend!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

We might actually have a chance at putting a string of victories together.

Anod is offline  
Old
11-03-2009, 02:03 PM
  #184
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,975
vCash: 500
On the Trade Forum it says Carolina's GM is looking to make some changes. I would love to bring Ray Whitney here and Joe Corvo. Not sure they would want to trade within the division but those two could help transform our powerplay. If we could get them I would think our chances for a playoff spot increase dramatically.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
11-03-2009, 02:08 PM
  #185
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
It looks like we won't have to face Mr. King Diver himself on Wednesday
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=297003

and Ovechkin is now day-to-day with an upper body injury. I wonder if he'll be ready for our back-to-back this weekend against the Caps.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=296993
If I'm buying tickets to those games or watching on TV - and mind you I'm doing neither due to my location - I'm preferring they both be healthy and in the game but that the Panthers just freakin' win. It makes for a more exciting game and a more rewarding feeling of victory.

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline  
Old
11-09-2009, 07:18 PM
  #186
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Carolina signed Legace to a two-way deal to fill in for Ward while he's out.

Nylander cleared waivers, too.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-09-2009, 10:32 PM
  #187
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Carolina signed Legace to a two-way deal to fill in for Ward while he's out.

Nylander cleared waivers, too.
wow, i was actually thinking about Manny the other day...i was wondering what had happened to him, last i had heard of him was that he was sent down to AHL by the Blues..anyways, Carolina are pretty bad this season, which is good for us, in a way

Panteras is offline  
Old
11-12-2009, 11:57 PM
  #188
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 536
well, guess who was back today? 1 goal 2 assists after missing 3 weeks...Kovie owns

Panteras is offline  
Old
11-13-2009, 04:16 AM
  #189
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
well, guess who was back today? 1 goal 2 assists after missing 3 weeks...Kovie owns
Kovy is awesome, but he isn't as good as Ovechkin or a motivated Malkin.

Having said that, my god is his shot scary. If healthy, you have to wonder how the Russian olympic team will be stopped. IMO in pure talent, they have 5 of the top ten forwards in the world.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
11-13-2009, 11:03 AM
  #190
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 536
^^ lol we've been through that already...what's certain is Russia's loaded, they'll finish top seed i think, and make their way to the finals

Panteras is offline  
Old
11-13-2009, 01:35 PM
  #191
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
^^ lol we've been through that already...what's certain is Russia's loaded, they'll finish top seed i think, and make their way to the finals
Indeed, and there is no statistical evidence to suggest Kovalchuk is on their level. Use all the hypothetical scenarios you wish to use, all imperical evidence has yet to show Kovalchuk is as good as Malkin or Ovechkin.

Russian forwards are sick. Datsyuk, Malkin, Ovy, Kovy, Semin, Frolov from the NHL. Radulov (who'd be an NHL star), Morozov and a few other KHL stars who are all very good. Goaltending isn;t an issue, on any given day they can go head to head with Canada but defence is the issue.

Olympics are going to be siiiiick

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
11-13-2009, 10:25 PM
  #192
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Indeed, and there is no statistical evidence to suggest Kovalchuk is on their level. Use all the hypothetical scenarios you wish to use, all imperical evidence has yet to show Kovalchuk is as good as Malkin or Ovechkin.

Russian forwards are sick. Datsyuk, Malkin, Ovy, Kovy, Semin, Frolov from the NHL. Radulov (who'd be an NHL star), Morozov and a few other KHL stars who are all very good. Goaltending isn;t an issue, on any given day they can go head to head with Canada but defence is the issue.

Olympics are going to be siiiiick
hahahaha you make me laugh, ok buddy, if you want to go back that road again why don't you respond to my last comment on this argument, i mean i had the last word after all, i know it's tough when you contradict yourself and try to keep face on an argument..

here i'll remind you what you said:

" Kovalchuk is a dynamic forward and the 2nd best Goal scorer in the world."

i guess that means Kovy is not on "their level"

Panteras is offline  
Old
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
  #193
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 536
hey did i mention Ilya got 2 goals and 2 assists today? thats 7 points in 2 consecutive games since coming back from injury..ohh and yeah that's 12 goals in 10 games so far this season..pffss he's nowhere near Malkin's or Ovechkin's levels

Panteras is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 06:48 AM
  #194
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
hahahaha you make me laugh, ok buddy, if you want to go back that road again why don't you respond to my last comment on this argument, i mean i had the last word after all, i know it's tough when you contradict yourself and try to keep face on an argument..

here i'll remind you what you said:

" Kovalchuk is a dynamic forward and the 2nd best Goal scorer in the world."

i guess that means Kovy is not on "their level"
Because 2nd best goalscorer does not equate to him being the 2nd best player, oddly enough. He's a better goalscorer than either Crosby or Malkin, but he certainly isn't a better overall offensive package

He's had a great start to the year. However im going to use the last 5 years of evidence, not 12 games of evidence.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 06:02 PM
  #195
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Because 2nd best goalscorer does not equate to him being the 2nd best player, oddly enough. He's a better goalscorer than either Crosby or Malkin, but he certainly isn't a better overall offensive package

He's had a great start to the year. However im going to use the last 5 years of evidence, not 12 games of evidence.
haaa, ohh yeah how nice, because if Malkin has 7 points in his 1st 2 games when he comes you wouldn't point that out, of course of course how silly of me

anyways, you and i know that's very weak of you, we know that it's most defenitaly not 12 games we are talking about here, and i'm basically telling you what you already know, but i guess i'll say it again

first of all this is Malkin's 4th season in the NHL..now considering that his best 2 season have come in a team which has reached the finals in each of those 2 consecutive seasons (winning 1 championship, in Malkin's best season duhh), i think is no coincidence, and the last time Atlanta went to the finals they got ***** in a 4-0 sweep like 2 seasons ago is also no coincidence of Malkin's total numbers being just a little more than Kovy's..BECAUSE HE HAS THE OBVIOUS BEST TEAM! which you by the way already admitted, not to mention that even still Kovy gets more goals and is 6th in scoring and top 3 in goals even in a season when Atlanta finishes 4th worst in the league

anyways, with that said, what exactly is your argument? I mean you admit Kovy is 2nd only to Ovie when it comes to scoring goals in the league which by the way i agree (even when Kovy doesn't have guys like Backstrom and Semin on his team)...and Malkin just gets more assists, so one guy is "statistically" better than the other in different categories...does that guarantee for your comments that Kovy is not in the same "level"? Dude C'mon that's just retarded for lack of a better word...i have even asked you how Malkin is a better player? (note i have never even argued Kovy is "levels' above Malkin)..and you have failed to explain

Kovy is obviously the better striker, he is a marksman, while Malkin gets the playmaker role with the Pens..and this does not mean Malkin is a more complete player at all...if anything i strongly disagree, Kovy is just as complete as anyone in the world and you would know that if you actually saw him playing instead of following just his stats in an obviously bad team (only this season are they a better team, and no coincidence Kovy's production ratio is awesome as you already know)...i didn't see last game vs the Kings in which he got 2 goals and 2 assists, but i did see his first game back @MSG, and he was creating chances every time he crossed the Ranger's blue line, just sick stickhandling passing all the time, not to mention the amazing pass he made to Afinogenov which left Lundqvist and everyone out of position and an empty net which Maxim of course misses...pfffs seriously, Kovalchuk's gotta be the most underrated player in the NHL

so once again what is your argument here? Obviously Malkin is not in "a different level" than Ilya Kovalchuk, and if you think so you need to actually watch him play instead of spouting pointless garbage like that

if your opinion is that Malkin is just "marginally" better than Kovy than fine i'll accept that as your opinion, because i respect everyone's opinion and even though i disagree with that because you can't really compare 2 superstars in two very uneven teams, and say the one in the better team who just gets more assists is better ..but it would still certainly be different than what you are trying to say now that he is "in a different level"

and btw, don't bring Ovie into this argument, because if you go back (very same page, comments which you didn't respond to ; ) i said the following already:

Ovechkin is just in a different planet

in the end, Evgeni Malkin is most defenitaly not in a different level than Ilya Kovalchuk...the fact of the matter is both are great players, both are superstars, and one happens to have been his first 3 years of his career in a team which has made the playoffs those 3 years including 2 of those reaching the finals and 1 winning it...and most defenitaly can't say one is better when the other one has been in a worse team and still has managed to score more goals

Panteras is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 09:19 PM
  #196
Panthers/Leafs fan
 
Panthers/Leafs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: Belgium
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Oli gets into (and loses) a fight?

Thought you guys would like this. From hockeyfights.com

Francois Beauchemin vs. Olli Jokinen

Beauchemin absolutely destroyed Sjostrom with a hit along the boards, and Jokinen came over immediately and they dropped the mitts. The guys have a long square off coasting around center ice as Jokinen is waiting for Beauchemin do drop the visor, but he doesn't, and they lock arms. This was a quick fight with Beauchemin throwing the only punches. He caught Jokinen on the right cheek under the eye with a quick shot and Jokinen looked to bail out. As he is skating to the box, you can see that the punch opened up a cut on his cheek.

Win Beauchemin in a quick fight with only one punch really landing, ***** move by not taking off the lid when he had plenty of time in the square off.

(I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the 5 next to Oli's name on the box score. Did he ever fight when he was here?

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 09:25 PM
  #197
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
handbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Did he ever fight when he was here?
How could you forget?


handbanana is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 09:25 PM
  #198
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Malkin had 3 pts tonight. ZOMG He must be a worldbeater based on one game.

Malkin has outscored Kovy at every level. And i mean every level. He has a higher PPG rate, more trophies and when on his game, is the best player on the planet.

Malkin on form > Ovy on form. Thats how good he is. His 3 years in the NHL >>> Kovy's 7 years in the NHL.

The fact that Malkin carrie the Penguins when Crosby was out in 07-08, or the fact that he literally led them to the cup last year obviously means nothing you. Why? Because you are patently somebody who inhibits very little hockey knowledge

Malkin >> Kovalchuk. Its that simple. Statistically agree with me. And i watch them both alot, because they are two of my fav players. Its not even that close. Its actually absurd how underated Malkin is, because he is certainly better than Crosby.
So


Last edited by Acadmus: 11-16-2009 at 08:00 AM.
J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 09:29 PM
  #199
Panthers/Leafs fan
 
Panthers/Leafs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: Belgium
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Easy! I showed up after he left. I thought Laus and Worrell did that kind of thing. The real Laus, not the fake one who posts here, by the way.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 09:29 PM
  #200
Panthers/Leafs fan
 
Panthers/Leafs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: Belgium
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
By the way, he looks quite frightened in that photo.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.