HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009-2010 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by portal333 View Post
How could you forget?

Yeah, I was thinking of that, as well, when he asked the question.

Old
11-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
By the way, he looks quite frightened in that photo.
Oh lawdy. I'm guessing you haven't seen all the photoshops made with that picture then?

Old
11-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

No, and I guess that means I've really missed something!

Old
11-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Pantherkidd101
Don't Read This

Send a message via AIM to Pantherkidd101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
No, and I guess that means I've really missed something!
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=616680

Old
11-15-2009, 12:32 AM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Not news, but I'm watching the Avs - Nucks game, and Budaj is putting Clemmensen to shame.

Old
11-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Thanks, PantherKidd--but 41 pages!!! You guys used to have some serious chat going.

I think it's time to revive this Photoshop thing whenever something particularly humorous happens.

Old
11-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
I have consumed alcahol tonight, but i think i speak for the rest of the forum, you are the biggest idiot on these boards. Seriously, you have no clue.
i think that's a bit uncalled for "mate", no matter how much you disagree with me or how much i disagree with you i've never called you any names...and you drank alcohol and you are 17? man where are your parents!! **drank alcohol my ass** (seriously i always laugh at people who say "ohh im drunk" on internet forums)

Quote:
Malkin had 3 pts tonight. ZOMG He must be a worldbeater based on one game.

Malkin has outscored Kovy at every level. And i mean every level. He has a higher PPG rate, more trophies and when on his game, is the best player on the planet.
He has outscored Kovy at "every level" yet you agree he doesn't score as many goals ..hahaha i'm starting to believe you really are drunk, what a joke

Quote:
Malkin on form > Ovy on form. Thats how good he is. His 3 years in the NHL >>> Kovy's 7 years in the NHL.
you are not drunk, you are high on some freaking potent hashish !! OVECHKIN best in the world, period.. Malkin can't touch Ovie dude, seriously that's rubbish

you seem to think that whoever gets more points means they are the best, it's no coincidence Ovechkin won the MVP for the season even when Malkin had more points...so once again another proof that you try arguing pathetic stuff, and thus why i have been trying to tell you that when you try to compare Malkin and Kovalchuk you have to take their points with a grain of salt, since they are on very different teams, and they both play different roles in their perspective teams

Quote:
The fact that Malkin carrie the Penguins when Crosby was out in 07-08, or the fact that he literally led them to the cup last year obviously means nothing you. Why? Because you are patently somebody who inhibits very little hockey knowledge
and who do you think has carried Atlanta for the past 7 years? you are the one who has no knowledge of hockey saying he has been better statistically than Kovy yet you auto-pwne yourself every time and contradict yourself admitting Malkin doesn't have the goalscoring prowess that Kovy has

Quote:
Malkin >> Kovalchuk. Its that simple. Statistically agree with me. And i watch them both alot, because they are two of my fav players. Its not even that close. Its actually absurd how underated Malkin is, because he is certainly better than Crosby.
So
Malkin is certainly not better than Kovalchuk, you are the one who has to face it, you are arguing a strawman, i have asked you countless of times to please explain how Malkin is better and you have failed, i have asked you what exactly your argument is and i have specifically debunked each and every one of your pathetic rubbish attempts at trying to argue it, because we all know Kovalchuk is a freaking beast, Malkin is in a much superior team and even still Kovy manages to keep with the top dogs, testament to him being one of the best if not the best behind Ovechkin

skills?marksmanship?passing?dekes?shooting?power?s trength?

ohh i see, all you base your argument on is on points... well i have already showed how you failed argument

Old
11-15-2009, 01:38 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
i think that's a bit uncalled for "mate", no matter how much you disagree with me or how much i disagree with you i've never called you any names...and you drank alcohol and you are 17? man where are your parents!! **drank alcohol my ass** (seriously i always laugh at people who say "ohh im drunk" on internet forums)

He has outscored Kovy at "every level" yet you agree he doesn't score as many goals ..hahaha i'm starting to believe you really are drunk, what a joke

you are not drunk, you are high on some freaking potent hashish !! OVECHKIN best in the world, period.. Malkin can't touch Ovie dude, seriously that's rubbish

you seem to think that whoever gets more points means they are the best, it's no coincidence Ovechkin won the MVP for the season even when Malkin had more points...so once again another proof that you try arguing pathetic stuff, and thus why i have been trying to tell you that when you try to compare Malkin and Kovalchuk you have to take their points with a grain of salt, since they are on very different teams, and they both play different roles in their perspective teams

and who do you think has carried Atlanta for the past 7 years? you are the one who has no knowledge of hockey saying he has been better statistically than Kovy yet you auto-pwne yourself every time and contradict yourself admitting Malkin doesn't have the goalscoring prowess that Kovy has

Malkin is certainly not better than Kovalchuk, you are the one who has to face it, you are arguing a strawman, i have asked you countless of times to please explain how Malkin is better and you have failed, i have asked you what exactly your argument is and i have specifically debunked each and every one of your pathetic rubbish attempts at trying to argue it, because we all know Kovalchuk is a freaking beast, Malkin is in a much superior team and even still Kovy manages to keep with the top dogs, testament to him being one of the best if not the best behind Ovechkin

skills?marksmanship?passing?dekes?shooting?power?s trength?

ohh i see, all you base your argument on is on points... well i have already showed how you failed argument
I think Malkin is the most skilled player on the planet, but it comes down to who you need more on your team. Malkin is a skilled centerman that really has no weakness in his game. When he wants to turn it on, there is nobody better, even Ovechkin. Kovy is definitely one of the most lethal snipers in the world, but talking about overall skill, Malkin is the best of them all. Kovy would be the better goal scorer on this team, but Malkin would have a much bigger contribution for us IMO.

Old
11-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I think Malkin is the most skilled player on the planet, but it comes down to who you need more on your team. Malkin is a skilled centerman that really has no weakness in his game. When he wants to turn it on, there is nobody better, even Ovechkin. Kovy is definitely one of the most lethal snipers in the world, but talking about overall skill, Malkin is the best of them all. Kovy would be the better goal scorer on this team, but Malkin would have a much bigger contribution for us IMO.
well, very nicely put than...i can respect your opinion no doubt...but i don't see how Malkin is more skilled than Kovalchuk, yet alone Datsyuk...that's the most skilled player in the planet IMO, but he sure as hell ain't the best

Old
11-15-2009, 01:57 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
well, very nicely put than...i can respect your opinion no doubt...but i don't see how Malkin is more skilled than Kovalchuk, yet alone Datsyuk...that's the most skilled player in the planet IMO, but he sure as hell ain't the best
Well that is your opinion. Datsyuk has worldly skills, as does Kovy, but Malkin is at the very least, on par skill wise, and he is only 23 years old. He has still a lot to learn, and at his age, there havent been many players as productive as he has been, or so advanced skill wise. This is a debate now, but IMO, in a couple of years, there will be no debate. Malkin is amazing, and there is a reason why his name is in a group with Crosby and Ovechkin, because they are the cream of the crop. That doesnt mean Kovy plays second fiddle to anyone, but I just dont see the all around game from him that I see from Malkin. Better pure goal scorer, yes, but not the better overall player.

Old
11-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Well that is your opinion. Datsyuk has worldly skills, as does Kovy, but Malkin is at the very least, on par skill wise, and he is only 23 years old. He has still a lot to learn, and at his age, there havent been many players as productive as he has been, or so advanced skill wise. This is a debate now, but IMO, in a couple of years, there will be no debate. Malkin is amazing, and there is a reason why his name is in a group with Crosby and Ovechkin, because they are the cream of the crop. That doesnt mean Kovy plays second fiddle to anyone, but I just dont see the all around game from him that I see from Malkin. Better pure goal scorer, yes, but not the better overall player.
no doubt you make a fair argument of Malkin's age, and what's expected for the future from him. But don't you think it would also be just as fair an argument the team Kovy is in and what would be expected of him in a team of Malkin's caliber? With another superstar by his side?

so therefore, i think it would still be an argument when Malkin ages, and when Kovy gets a better damn team...

actually, he does have a slightly better team (most def. not as good as Pittsburgh), and well...he's killin' it out there even with a foot that is not 100%

Old
11-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Goals aren't everything.

Old
11-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Goals aren't everything.
well it can get very hypothetical and philosophical here...but just for the sake of a fun argument, i'll give it a go..

you say that goals aren't everything...i say, assists aren't everything, because you can still get a goal without being assisted

now, you can surely say that in the new NHL you could still win a game without scoring a goal...but if you want to win a game without going to the SO , than goals are indeed everything, they are the game's currency...any type of assist or playmaking would mean nothing if the final product "the goal" is not achieved...therefore goals are everything

Old
11-15-2009, 02:40 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Panteras, there are so many issues with your ideas on this topic that quoting you would take years.

You have yet to provide me with any, and i surely do mean any, physical evidence to suggest Kovalchuk is on the same level. We can discuss hypothetical all we wish, but im simply going to base them on what they've actaully done. Not "if he was on a better team" argument, simply, im going to use stone cold facts.

I will say this one last time, because you apparently have no idea of how Pittsburgh sets its roster, MALKIN DOES NOT PLAY WITH SUPERSTARS AT EVEN STRENGTH.

He will only play with Crosby on the PP. He will not play with Staal and Kennedy. Malkin does not play with a great cast himself at ES on a regular basis. He is just a point machine.

As for not providing an argument to why Malkin is not better, that is patently idiocy. Malkin has better reach, better hockey sense, is a superior playmaker whilst possessing an elite array of shots. His puck protection is excellent, and his frame (when he grows into it) will allow himself to possible seperate himself from Crosby and maybe even Ovechkin (who is #1 this year, but Malkin was #1 last year).

The issue with Malkin isn't age. At 23, his improving on the offensive side is basically done apart from consistency. The issue is consistency, and the ability to dominate at any given night, which may come when he fills into his frame. In comparison to Ovy and Kovy who are both over 230lbs, Malkin is only at 195 i think (not exactly sure on exact measurements). Huge difference.

In twenty years, Kovalchuk will be a hall of famer with massively absurd goal totals, but he won't be remembered as the best of his generation. In twenty years, its quite likely Malkin is going to be on the same level historically as a guy like Jagr. And Jagr is one of the best forwards ever.

Old
11-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
well it can get very hypothetical and philosophical here...but just for the sake of a fun argument, i'll give it a go..

you say that goals aren't everything...i say, assists aren't everything, because you can still get a goal without being assisted

now, you can surely say that in the new NHL you could still win a game without scoring a goal...but if you want to win a game without going to the SO , than goals are indeed everything, they are the game's currency...any type of assist or playmaking would mean nothing if the final product "the goal" is not achieved...therefore goals are everything
My point is that just because you can score more goals than another guy doesn't automatically make you a better player. Malkin is a better playmaker than Kovy, and not too shabby a goal scorer himself. Just a level under Kovy in that department. And he's much better defensively than Kovy. So yes, he's a better player than Kovy.

Kovy is a better goal scorer, yes. But you seem to think that automatically makes him a better player, and others here disagree with you on that. There's more to hockey than just scoring goals. Malkin is a much more complete player, there really isn't even any debate about that. With your POV, a defenseman or goalie could never be the best player in the league, and that is just totally false. At one time Hasek was the best player in the league. At one time Bobby Orr was the best player in the league.

Old
11-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Panteras, there are so many issues with your ideas on this topic that quoting you would take years.

You have yet to provide me with any, and i surely do mean any, physical evidence to suggest Kovalchuk is on the same level. We can discuss hypothetical all we wish, but im simply going to base them on what they've actaully done. Not "if he was on a better team" argument, simply, im going to use stone cold facts.

I will say this one last time, because you apparently have no idea of how Pittsburgh sets its roster, MALKIN DOES NOT PLAY WITH SUPERSTARS AT EVEN STRENGTH.

He will only play with Crosby on the PP. He will not play with Staal and Kennedy. Malkin does not play with a great cast himself at ES on a regular basis. He is just a point machine.

As for not providing an argument to why Malkin is not better, that is patently idiocy. Malkin has better reach, better hockey sense, is a superior playmaker whilst possessing an elite array of shots. His puck protection is excellent, and his frame (when he grows into it) will allow himself to possible seperate himself from Crosby and maybe even Ovechkin (who is #1 this year, but Malkin was #1 last year).

The issue with Malkin isn't age. At 23, his improving on the offensive side is basically done apart from consistency. The issue is consistency, and the ability to dominate at any given night, which may come when he fills into his frame. In comparison to Ovy and Kovy who are both over 230lbs, Malkin is only at 195 i think (not exactly sure on exact measurements). Huge difference.

In twenty years, Kovalchuk will be a hall of famer with massively absurd goal totals, but he won't be remembered as the best of his generation. In twenty years, its quite likely Malkin is going to be on the same level historically as a guy like Jagr. And Jagr is one of the best forwards ever.
yeah, well, i think you should know that 3 out of Malkin's 4 goals and nearly half of his assists have come on the PP...8 of his 17 points have come on PP, thats basically half...even strength he's 1 and 8 , that's 9 points , 47% of his points have come on the PP this season

not to mention last year, in the regular season 14 of his 35 goals came in the PP that's almost half, 40%

in the playoffs 50% of his goals and 40% of his assists came on the PP

and in the 07-08 season, in the playoffs exactly 50% of his points came on the PP

so much for your argument

Old
11-15-2009, 03:36 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
yeah, well, i think you should know that 3 out of Malkin's 4 goals and nearly half of his assists have come on the PP...8 of his 17 points have come on PP, thats basically half...even strength he's 1 and 8 , that's 9 points , 47% of his points have come on the PP this season

not to mention last year, in the regular season 14 of his 35 goals came in the PP that's almost half, 40%

in the playoffs 50% of his goals and 40% of his assists came on the PP

and in the 07-08 season, in the playoffs exactly 50% of his points came on the PP

so much for your argument
Weak. Out of everything he said, you pick out the only ammo you think you have, which is goal scoring and special team versus even strength scoring. Face it, Malkin is supremely talented in all assets of the game, whereas Kovy is not. Kovy IS the better sniper, but Malkin is the better ALL AROUND player! I dont care if one gets more goals, or the other one more assists, talking about the best players in the game, its Ovy, Malkin, Crosby, and then everyone else.

Old
11-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Weak. Out of everything he said, you pick out the only ammo you think you have, which is goal scoring and special team versus even strength scoring. Face it, Malkin is supremely talented in all assets of the game, whereas Kovy is not. Kovy IS the better sniper, but Malkin is the better ALL AROUND player! I dont care if one gets more goals, or the other one more assists, talking about the best players in the game, its Ovy, Malkin, Crosby, and then everyone else.
did you not see what i was referring to? he stressed how Malkin doesn't play with Crosby, only on the PP...pffss read first man

once again that's your opinion...Kovalchuk deserves to be with the best, and no one is "levels" above him, no one...and Kovy has just as much skills, as much vision, better sniping and goalscoring abilities.

Old
11-15-2009, 04:19 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
did you not see what i was referring to? he stressed how Malkin doesn't play with Crosby, only on the PP...pffss read first man

once again that's your opinion...Kovalchuk deserves to be with the best, and no one is "levels" above him, no one...and Kovy has just as much skills, as much vision, better sniping and goalscoring abilities.
"PFFSS" read WHAT? I quoted exactly what I apparently didnt read. AGAIN, nobody is denying the fact that Kovy is probably the 2nd best sniper in the world, and if this game involved just snipers, then there would be no argument. But there are so many other intagibles in this game, so many other qualities in a player, and Malkin trumps most in those fields, including Kovalchuk. Kovy might have the better knack at getting the puck in the net, but I think Malkin trumps him in stick handling, protecting the puck, takeaways, overall offensive awareness (not ONLY goal scoring), better in his own zone; pretty much the same J17 said, which you have yet to rebuttal. Kovy is a faster skater and a more established goal scorer ( 95 goals versus 82 goals last two seasons), but overall, there is no better player than Malkin. Again overall.

Old
11-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
"PFFSS" read WHAT? I quoted exactly what I apparently didnt read.
i was referring to what i quoted from J17 not what you quoted from me, yeah exactly PFFSSS indeed

Quote:
AGAIN, nobody is denying the fact that Kovy is probably the 2nd best sniper in the world, and if this game involved just snipers, then there would be no argument.
and nobody is denying that Malkin is an exceptional player just as good as Kovalchuk...what i've been trying to argue all the time here is that J17 says Malkin is in a totally different "level", and that's absolutly not true...in fact before you come trying to argue here , why don't you go back and check all the things that have been said...because he's said some pretty stupid things, including that Malkin is in a different level than Kovy, and that he outscores Kovy in every level, yet admits Kovy is a better goalscorer so try not te be bias because you have some beef with me

Quote:
But there are so many other intagibles in this game, so many other qualities in a player, and Malkin trumps most in those fields, including Kovalchuk. Kovy might have the better knack at getting the puck in the net, but I think Malkin trumps him in stick handling, protecting the puck, takeaways, overall offensive awareness (not ONLY goal scoring), better in his own zone; pretty much the same J17 said, which you have yet to rebuttal. Kovy is a faster skater and a more established goal scorer ( 95 goals versus 82 goals last two seasons), but overall, there is no better player than Malkin. Again overall.
I don't think you give Kovalchuk the credit he deserves, but anyways that is all your opinion...i don't think Malkin has better stick handling skills at all...protecting the puck, well, that fits more Malkin's style, since he is a play maker and does more battling behind the net etc.. Kovy's style is simply rush to the offensive zone, quick passes, dangles, shoot etc, it's a more reckless style similar to Ovie's...once again, you don't give Ilya enough credit, he actually does play a lot in the defensive zone, just in his first game back i remember how he came back to help the only d from a potential breakaway which by the way the commentators noted, of course you can argue "ohh it's just 1 game", but of course he does that more often...i mean is there even an actual statistic for this supposed defensive work? like takeaways and blockshots or something?..also, vision wise his is just as good as anyone's..and in fact skillwise he is sick (watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elVW5fpZZTA 2:48-3:12, specially the skill at 3:07)..he has better wrister, better 1 timer, better slapshot, and can pass just as smooth just as fast just as precise...he can fight, and can check

but whatever, if you think Malkin's the better overall player, like i said before, i respect your opinion..

Old
11-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Is this Kovalchuk vs. Malkin debate really news around the NHL?

In other news, Carolina won a game, and Staal is definitely better than Staal.

Old
11-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
Is this Kovalchuk vs. Malkin debate really news around the NHL?

In other news, Carolina won a game, and Staal is definitely better than Staal.
Who's better than Staal.

11-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Erick

Quote:

While I agree that Malkin is the better player, this is false. When the Pens are struggling offensively, Crosby & Malkin get put on the same line, occasionally, on even strength. As a matter of fact, as of right now, the Penguins 1st line is Malkin-Crosby-Fedotenko...even strength.

With that said, there's no comparison. Kovalchuk's a one-dimensional player. He's a goalscorer, and only a goalscorer.

Old
11-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

yup, he just started tonight with Crosby on the first line vs Anaheim

Old
11-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
While I agree that Malkin is the better player, this is false. When the Pens are struggling offensively, Crosby & Malkin get put on the same line, occasionally, on even strength. As a matter of fact, as of right now, the Penguins 1st line is Malkin-Crosby-Fedotenko...even strength.

With that said, there's no comparison. Kovalchuk's a one-dimensional player. He's a goalscorer, and only a goalscorer.
Well said on both accounts.

Closed Thread