HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pre game 1: #4 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. #5 Ottawa Senators

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 10:49 AM
TexSen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
Especially when he tosses his stick blade up around eye level
Wow.

While we're at it can we just get all of the old Leaf pisses and moans out so we don't have to hear them again during this series.

Feel free to get the following out of your systems:

1) Hossa stick on Berard
2) Alfredsson hit on Tucker
3) Chris Neil's loogie that wasn't (or was it?????)
4) Arvedson's Domi spear
5) You old lady making you buy her femine products at Loblaw's.

Old
04-07-2004, 11:17 AM
gbl1p

Quote:
Especially when he tosses his stick blade up around eye level
Greggy, Greggy... You've been pretty much the most objective leaf fan kicking around these boards - don't lower yourself with cheapshots like that, please. I for one enjoy reading your posts, but I can tell you that you're going to p*ss alot of people off with stuff like that (including me). Every single player on the ice gets their stick up, no need to rehash the Berard incident.

Old
04-07-2004, 02:33 PM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbl1p
Greggy, Greggy... You've been pretty much the most objective leaf fan kicking around these boards - don't lower yourself with cheapshots like that, please. I for one enjoy reading your posts, but I can tell you that you're going to p*ss alot of people off with stuff like that (including me). Every single player on the ice gets their stick up, no need to rehash the Berard incident.
I agree, completely classless.

Old
04-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
lol, i was joking man, don't worry. He's had one incident in his career that will haunt him for his entire career. I am one who feels terribly strongly he should have received a very harsh penalty, but have no fear, I do not actually believe he's a vicious player, or a guy who would purposely do that.

Edit: Also, I will always bring up two highsticks for the rest of my life. Wayne Gretzky's, and Marian Hossa's. Both significantly affected the Leafs Cup drought (if Leafs beat out Kings, they woulda had a great shot at the Habs), and if Berard were still a Leaf, I believe we'd hear alot less talk of how bad the Leafs defence is. (Leetch, McCabe, Berard, Kaberle, Johansson, Berg/Marchment/Pilar...) But this is only because I am, and will remain bitter about both incidents.

Last edited by Charge_Seven: 04-07-2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old
04-07-2004, 05:38 PM
FearTheFlyers

I think it will be a Leafs Flyers final.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:39 PM
gbl1p

Quote:
lol, i was joking man, don't worry. He's had one incident in his career that will haunt him for his entire career. I am one who feels terribly strongly he should have received a very harsh penalty, but have no fear, I do not actually believe he's a vicious player, or a guy who would purposely do that.

Edit: Also, I will always bring up two highsticks for the rest of my life. Wayne Gretzky's, and Marian Hossa's. Both significantly affected the Leafs Cup drought (if Leafs beat out Kings, they woulda had a great shot at the Habs), and if Berard were still a Leaf, I believe we'd hear alot less talk of how bad the Leafs defence is. (Leetch, McCabe, Berard, Kaberle, Johansson, Berg/Marchment/Pilar...) But this is only because I am, and will remain bitter about both incidents.
It was a huge setback on what is already an incredible career, for both players. Hossa was not the same player for a significant amount of time following this incident. I understand you're just joking, but as you can see, it's something that will rile up alot of us.

Good luck in this upcoming series btw! I'm afraid we might be nearing the end of the courtesy talk for Sens and Leafs fans

Old
04-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
It was a huge setback on what is already an incredible career, for both players. Hossa was not the same player for a significant amount of time following this incident. I understand you're just joking, but as you can see, it's something that will rile up alot of us.

Good luck in this upcoming series btw! I'm afraid we might be nearing the end of the courtesy talk for Sens and Leafs fans
hehe, yep, courtesy talk is definitely coming to an end...I give it...7 more hours from now...6AM tommorow I'll be intoxicated and making rude remarks...lol (not really...I've got school tommorow...so no drinking til lunch )

I can't wait to hear the first sweeping statement of "you all suck, you and your team..." although I hope both teams fans can avoid any direct attacks on people, and stick to arguing about calls, whether the whistle should have been blown, whether or not Alfredsson should cut his hair, whether or not Mats can grow any...you know...the usual...it'll be a fun time.

I'm still saying Leafs in 6, with both teams playing GREAT for the majority. Whatever happens, it'll be exciting, that's for sure.

Old
04-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Safir*

Bring'em on, Bring'em those rotten old Leafs.

It's gonna be a close affair with a postive outcome for my TEAM.

Let's Go Senators

Old
04-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Let me tell you, I'm really excited to see this series. I think getting a 6-0 beat down will only fire up Ottawa. The last time these 2 teams met in the playoffs, Ottawa was arguabley one major penalty away from winning the series. I also think Lalime can have his game together as Ottawa is my pick to come out of the east.

I'm picking them to take Game 1 4-2.
can we have a non leaf hater make a game day thread

its sub par effort too

not up to the leaf board GDT Standard!

u suck!

im sorry but i come here for hockey chat and i dont thrash other teams and I think only ottawa and leaf fans should make our GDT

SAME GOES WITH OTHER TEAMS FANS

We all did it all yr long but one flyer fan got over zealous and wanted to rub his leg against our series...it's wrong!

Hockey fans love there teams and the sweet taste that comes from this fandom is ruined when another kid who roots against ur team decides to spit in ur drink!

Last edited by Leaf Lander: 04-08-2004 at 01:44 PM.
Old
04-08-2004, 09:23 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
BooHoo?

Old
04-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Safir*

GW: The next time you post somthing could you use a larger SIZE, because I can hardly see what you're posting.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
STUFF PRINTED REALLY BIG!!
Huh?

This isn't the GDT, this is the pre-game thread. Does it really matter who gets the ball rolling? I don't think gkj was trying to annoy Leafs fans.

If you don't like the GDT, you are certainly welcome to make your own, just tell Drury77 you'll take care of it.

Old
04-08-2004, 11:07 AM
RiellyGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Huh?

This isn't the GDT, this is the pre-game thread. Does it really matter who gets the ball rolling? I don't think gkj was trying to annoy Leafs fans.

If you don't like the GDT, you are certainly welcome to make your own, just tell Drury77 you'll take care of it.
NOOOOOO!!!! Drury77 makes the best freaking GDT threads on this board, hands down!

Old
04-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Huh?

nah but i am in favour of impartiality

Or I would liek to see Leaf and sen fans taking turns starting such threads is all

Old
04-08-2004, 02:01 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:

Or I would liek to see Leaf and sen fans taking turns starting such threads is all
Can we use really big fonts? If we can...I'm all for it!

Old
04-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Sotnos

Quote:

Understood GW, but I assure you gkj wasn't trying to rile you guys up! The mods here just want to get the threads started in a timely fashion, if you want to help out, talk to them and they'll accomodate you. This is the best time of the year and we want it to be fun for everyone.

Old
04-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Cruiser008

This game and series is gonna be VERY interesting. So much animosity between these two teams, their fans and the 2 cities!! So many off-ice 'incidents' as well (*), and best of all this series should be more intense then any of the past three (since there's even more at stake this time around due to the fact BOTH teams have a legit chance at the cup, IMO a better chance than 2000, 2001 and 2002).

(*)
1) Alfie's cup 'guarantee'
2) Sundin's stick-throwing incident
3) Alfie's imitation of 2)
4) Ottawa council's motion to force Leafs fans to donate to the food bank
5) The Hwy 417 Leafs flag
6) The CN Tower stunt
7) Domi's beef with 'Dandyman'.

(Did I miss any?)

May the 'best' team win! Should be a FUN series!

Old
04-08-2004, 04:26 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Sens win 4-2 with the winner from Havlat

and why hasnt the GDT opened yet???

Old
04-08-2004, 04:57 PM
SumOfUs

I'm a little baffled as to why Jason isn't playing.

Old
04-08-2004, 05:18 PM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumOfUs
I'm a little baffled as to why Jason isn't playing.
I am too, I hope this doesn't affect us too bad for next year. By this I mean I hope Jason doesn't pull a Comrie, if I have to chose between Jason and JM, it is a no brainer, Jason.

Old
04-08-2004, 05:25 PM
The Jerk

come on, I can't wait for this game to get going...GO LEAFS GO..GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

Old
04-08-2004, 05:29 PM
detredWINgs

This is the toughest team the Sens could've drawn. Aside from the fact that they've never beaten the Leafs in the postseason and that they just got blown out by them 6-0, Toronto is one of the biggest and gooniest teams in the NHL right now.

Of course, the Leafs could always have the classic mentality that they will go into these games thinking their winning this series is a given and then get caught by surprise by Ottawa who jumps on them quickly. Of course, I'm reminding myself of the Wings-Ducks series last year and Lalime nor Prusek have a very slim chance at being the next Giguere and Belfour has a very good chance of stealing most of the games all the way to the cup. Who knows what will happen, its too soon to tell. All I know is that this is going to be a fun series to watch.

Old
04-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Kula

The Senators haven't a hope in hell to win this series let alone the playoffs. Goaltending is key in the post season and Ottawa is lacking greatly in this area. Lalime has been lacklustre at best this year and Belfour is far better in net. The Leafs in 5 or 6.

Kula

Old
04-08-2004, 10:12 PM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kula
The Senators haven't a hope in hell to win this series let alone the playoffs. Goaltending is key in the post season and Ottawa is lacking greatly in this area. Lalime has been lacklustre at best this year and Belfour is far better in net. The Leafs in 5 or 6.

Kula
Care to adjust that prediction? Belfour looked awfully average tonight.

Old
04-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kula

Kula
So much for that eh? lol. I love these posts, then seeing the game play out.

Closed Thread