HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TV Schedule Info

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-14-2009, 03:56 PM
  #26
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,138
vCash: 500
wow! 16 PPV games... thats 20% of the schedule that is PPV.... what a rip off.... i'll be stealing these games online just for the sake of principle

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
  #27
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Out-of-towners need some free concessions too...

Well at least 2 of those 16 games had better be preseason freebies thrown in at zero cost. The better half and I are deciding if we want to re-up. If the over-all cost exceeds the cost of an expensive movie ticket per game we going to pass. We have decided we won't spend more than $12.00 per game for the HD package & $170.00 is our absolute dollar limit. We usually miss 2 or 3 games because of other committments and that means a really package saving is required.

A few years back, I actually contacted Oilervision to push for HD and was delighted they provided the service and at last years price point galdly signed-up. Threatened to never spend another dinaro if changes weren't made with the coaching and meant it.

If they want to give us 16 league games and two pre-season for $179.95 of my hard-earned Cdn., then I'd think about it. Otherwise, it's wait-n-see and maybe buy a game here-or-there if the team does better then expected.

Two year ago we went to 2 games we had paid PPV for. But given the economic downturn the blade is on the other foot now - the one likely to skate away.

OYLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 04:32 PM
  #28
Juice
Registered User
 
Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
i think and hope tsn2 snatches up the remaining 3!

Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:17 PM
  #29
Bring Back Smyth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
With Center Ice will we be able to get the PPV games?

Bring Back Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:20 PM
  #30
nanook
Registered User
 
nanook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer Time View Post
With Center Ice will we be able to get the PPV games?
Not if you are in Edmonton. They'll be blacked out. Full schedule is up at http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=33018.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:22 PM
  #31
nanook
Registered User
 
nanook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
They have the info on pricing, but I think it may still be there from last year as it reference 12 games:

Pricing - High Definition & Standard Definition
All 12 Games - $159.95 (High Definition) and $139.95 (Standard Definition)
Single Game - $15.95 (High Definition) and $13.95 (Standard Definition)

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:23 PM
  #32
Rin
Registered User
 
Rin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 12,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook View Post
They have the info on pricing, but I think it may still be there from last year as it reference 12 games:

Pricing - High Definition & Standard Definition
All 12 Games - $159.95 (High Definition) and $139.95 (Standard Definition)
Single Game - $15.95 (High Definition) and $13.95 (Standard Definition)
I discovered in another thread that the PPV schedule up right now is still last years.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:25 PM
  #33
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
I discovered in another thread that the PPV schedule up right now is still last years.
Nope, this one is 16 games, and it appears to fit with the Oilers season schedule

BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:25 PM
  #34
nanook
Registered User
 
nanook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
I discovered in another thread that the PPV schedule up right now is still last years.
I think the pricing info is old, but the games do match up with this year's schedule.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:27 PM
  #35
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,959
vCash: 500
ugh, two PPV games in a row?! We had that last year too, it sucked! So we have that for the NY games. And not only that, 5 in November. Ouch.

BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:31 PM
  #36
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,959
vCash: 500
Sorry! Gonna pout some more... Looking at this other team's schedule, they only have 13 games that are not listed as being on a network. Looks like all of their games are going to be televised. This is ridiculous!

http://flames.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:33 PM
  #37
jnewton91
Registered User
 
jnewton91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook View Post
Not if you are in Edmonton. They'll be blacked out. Full schedule is up at http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=33018.
What about people in the Oilers 'region'? I live out in Sask and am contemplating the Centre Ice package, but will probably only do it if the PPV games come with it...

Anybody know?

jnewton91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:34 PM
  #38
Sheikyerbouti
Registered User
 
Sheikyerbouti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
So is it now more expensive to watch Oilers games from their home market?

I pay 207.80 for centre ice and it includes all the PPV's

16 PPV's at 13.95 = 223.20

That is ridiculous.

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:35 PM
  #39
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewton91 View Post
What about people in the Oilers 'region'? I live out in Sask and am contemplating the Centre Ice package, but will probably only do it if the PPV games come with it...

Anybody know?
Sask? You might be considered to be in our region... I would call your cable/satellite guys or check their websites.

BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:36 PM
  #40
Sheikyerbouti
Registered User
 
Sheikyerbouti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewton91 View Post
What about people in the Oilers 'region'? I live out in Sask and am contemplating the Centre Ice package, but will probably only do it if the PPV games come with it...

Anybody know?
PPV will be blacked out of you are in the 'oiler's region'

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:43 PM
  #41
Schitzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
If you have Bell Expressvu you can (or at least you could a year ago) change your "service" address while leaving the billing address the same.

And from what I understand, if you set your service address to, say, Ontario, you wouldn't be blacked out on centre ice. Or so I've heard.

Schitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:44 PM
  #42
Rin
Registered User
 
Rin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 12,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
Nope, this one is 16 games, and it appears to fit with the Oilers season schedule
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook View Post
I think the pricing info is old, but the games do match up with this year's schedule.

Oh, it would help if I actually clicked the link. I just know a few days ago it was still last years. They must have updated it today.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:48 PM
  #43
Tree444
Registered User
 
Tree444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,204
vCash: 500
So are we going to miss 3 games?

I completely expected that we'd get all 82...

Tree444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
  #44
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,274
vCash: 500
bunch of jerks

i better be able to get these ppv games in hd for 12.50 a piece

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 06:01 PM
  #45
Ssseth
Registered User
 
Ssseth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
Sorry! Gonna pout some more... Looking at this other team's schedule, they only have 13 games that are not listed as being on a network. Looks like all of their games are going to be televised. This is ridiculous!

http://flames.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm
I agree it sucks, but the Flames used to have less games than us when they were sucking and missing the playoffs (before the lockout). Success breeds interest which would breed ratings and more games on Sportsnet. The Oilers better turn things around quickly, another year without playoffs and it's not only TV rating that will suffer, but the sellouts will probably stop too (if they don't already this year).

Ssseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 06:08 PM
  #46
Ssseth
Registered User
 
Ssseth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,377
vCash: 500
What a lot of people who get mad about so many PPV games don't understand is it's either PPV or not on TV at all. Blame the NHL (for the schedule), CBC, TSN and finally Sportsnet. Not the Oilers.

How it works is CBC gets first dibs and has exclusive rights on Canada wide Saturday night hockey broadcasts. Then TSN comes in an scoops up whatever they want. Sportsnet then can pickup whatever they want that is left over. Finally, anything left after that will not be televised unless the Oilers pickup whatever is left and put it on PPV.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have an option to watch it on PPV than not have an option to watch it at all. That being said, I agree it sucks. Basically it's mainly because Sportsnet is only doing 40 Oilers games this year compared to last years 48.

Ssseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 06:11 PM
  #47
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Gregor pointed out today that the Oilers do not make any money on PPV and would prefer their games on networks. This is not the Oilers choice.

It is PPV or nothing.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 07:04 PM
  #48
Jafian
Registered User
 
Jafian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 48
vCash: 50
Not sure if these are included in the counts, but Thursday March 11 vs Montreal is on RDS. Doesn't help those who don't have a good cable/satellite package or don't want to sit through a game in French.

And Sunday Nov 8 vs Colorado is listed as ALT(HD) perhaps that means it will be available as well.

If so that makes only 1 game that is not available on TV.

Jafian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
  #49
VelvetJones
Registered User
 
VelvetJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,416
vCash: 500
Too many on ppv.

VelvetJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 07:15 PM
  #50
RKD
Registered User
 
RKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssseth View Post
What a lot of people who get mad about so many PPV games don't understand is it's either PPV or not on TV at all. Blame the NHL (for the schedule), CBC, TSN and finally Sportsnet. Not the Oilers.

How it works is CBC gets first dibs and has exclusive rights on Canada wide Saturday night hockey broadcasts. Then TSN comes in an scoops up whatever they want. Sportsnet then can pickup whatever they want that is left over. Finally, anything left after that will not be televised unless the Oilers pickup whatever is left and put it on PPV.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have an option to watch it on PPV than not have an option to watch it at all. That being said, I agree it sucks. Basically it's mainly because Sportsnet is only doing 40 Oilers games this year compared to last years 48.
I agree.

"Three games aren't on TV at all?! AND 16 PPV games?!" Doesn't make much sense to complain about them. Not to mention no one is forced to pay for them.

__________________
"How many Twix does that make for you today? Like eight Twix?!"
RKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.