HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Info about getting autographs before games?

Old
09-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Abooch68

vCash: 500
Info about getting autographs before games?

Can anybody give me any info on exactly what to do to get autographs before the games?

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 11:50 PM
NY Ranger86

7:00pm game... Be there at 4:30. Wait outside where security is by the gates. done.

Got Jagr, Lundquist and Avery that way.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Abooch68

Where are the gates?

Old
09-15-2009, 12:13 AM
NY Ranger86

where "31st" is. Just hang and be patient.

Old
09-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Scotty Hockey

We have this thread every year (and several times each year) so I hate to have to ask but I can't find an old link - does anyone know/remember if Cally enters at the ramp or the employee's entrance? I've had a puck I wanted to have him sign for a year ...

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Abooch68

I want to get my gaborik jersey signed..how are the players with signing things outside the arena? are they happy to do it? I'm sure gaboril would sign everything for fans especially with being the new ranger

Old
09-16-2009, 06:35 AM
patnyrnyg

Last night, Avery, Lundqvist, and Voros were walking around the 400's. Lundqvist signed my ticket. They were super friendly, taking pics, signing autos and talking to people.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:40 AM
NY Ranger86

Quote:
Last night, Avery, Lundqvist, and Voros were walking around the 400's. Lundqvist signed my ticket. They were super friendly, taking pics, signing autos and talking to people.
ya preseason games are great for autographs too... (players who arent playing)
Got Zherdev and Dubinsky last year..(maybe I'm bad luck)

Quote:
I want to get my gaborik jersey signed..how are the players with signing things outside the arena? are they happy to do it?
Ya of course... just have to be loud and up front... or u'll get left out to dry with no autograph.

Old
09-16-2009, 07:51 AM
patnyrnyg

If you want Gaborik, try to learn a few Slovak phrases. Will get his attention. My wife can speak a bit of Czech and when we saw Prucha and Jagr in a bar 2 years ago, while everyone was trying to get their attention, she said a few things in Czech and they immediately turned to her.

Secondly, if you have a Gaborik jersey, and you hold it out so he can see it is his jersey, he will probably come over to you.

AND, BE POLITE!

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Synergy27

This isn't really autograph advice, but it's sort of fitting to this thread. I passed by Gaborik and Voros on the street last night on my way into the game right near the subway entrance on 33rd and 7th. I thought it was weird because it was at 6:55PM and I figured those guys should have been inside with the team much earlier than that for meetings and what not. They didn't seem to be in a rush though, so I guess pre-season is a little more lax on that stuff.

It didn't really hit me who I was looking at until a second or two after I passed by too. I wanted to give Gabby a little ribbing about not skating but it was too late but the time I realized who I just saw.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 05:09 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

So I'm going to the game Thursday and wanted to know where some of the young guys go in (Grachev, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto etc). I remember someone said they got Grachev's auto before last weeks game but I can't find that thread...

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2009, 05:21 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

And does anyone have a site where you could print out high quality pictures?

Old
09-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Blueshirts27

Send a message via AIM to Blueshirts27
Pregame Autographs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
So I'm going to the game Thursday and wanted to know where some of the young guys go in (Grachev, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto etc). I remember someone said they got Grachev's auto before last weeks game but I can't find that thread...
Best advice for Thursday is stay under the Garden between 7th and 8th ave ( Between Penn Plaza and the Garden itself). If you are familiar with that spot, most of the youngsters will get dropped off on 31st side in the parking lot and walk to the security gates. The other stragtegic spot is , of course, where all the fans stand on 33rd between 7th and 8th, where the security office ( stand ) is.

Most arrive around 4:15-4:30 for 7pm game. Good Luck.

Blueshirts27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 07:07 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirts27 View Post
Best advice for Thursday is stay under the Garden between 7th and 8th ave ( Between Penn Plaza and the Garden itself). If you are familiar with that spot, most of the youngsters will get dropped off on 31st side in the parking lot and walk to the security gates. The other stragtegic spot is , of course, where all the fans stand on 33rd between 7th and 8th, where the security office ( stand ) is.

Most arrive around 4:15-4:30 for 7pm game. Good Luck.
Thanks, I kind of know my way around but I have someone going with me that's done this before so I'll rely on him.

Does anyone here print out pictures on to photo paper and get them auto'd? Just curious because I want to find a site with good pictures that will come out good.

Old
09-22-2009, 09:20 PM
King Isles 13

Send a message via AIM to King Isles 13
Quote:
Thanks, I kind of know my way around but I have someone going with me that's done this before so I'll rely on him.

Does anyone here print out pictures on to photo paper and get them auto'd? Just curious because I want to find a site with good pictures that will come out good.
just take them from yahoo and print them yourself. its easier and cheaper.

King Isles 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

yah i was wondering too about how to get good pictures to get signed..i see all these people on the streets with top notch 8x10 pictures and what not...cosbys doesnt have the new players yet....what sites do you guys use to buy them or what store in the city or wherever you get them from?

or do you guys just print your own?

Legs Feed the Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 12:15 AM
morffin

Henryk

Saw a few of the players last night as I walked around outside The Garden with my son ....Saw Henryk walking towards us on 32nd st and he looked like he didnt want to be bothered...ear buds in .... game face on.. then he saw my son with his Ranger sweater on ... stopped and said hello to the kid... my son hasnt stopped smiling since.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:01 PM
showjaxx

vCash: 647
Quote:
Most of the regular's do this. Guy at Cosby's said they will be getting new pictures within the next week or so.

Poster above had it right. Grachev, Lisin, Anisimov, Semenov, Boyle, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Gilroy, Staal and Prospal all through the "tunnel" from the parking garage on 31st to the loading gate on 33rd. Got Torts and Sullivan here as well as Allaire who stopped in the Dunkin Donuts to get coffee. When I got Dubinsky last year he walked through the tunnel as well.

Got Kotalik and Gaborik on 33rd waiting near the security stand.

I've heard Callahan walks in through the main lobby at around 4:10 for a 7pm game. Avery is known to switch it up, but usually walks along 33rd and goes all the way down to the corner of 8th and goes in the employee entrance. Same with Higgins.

Drury is a mystery. Same with Brashear.

Lundqvist either walks down 33rd or gets a cab to drop him off right at the gate in between 7th and 8th.

Redden/Rozsival/Girardi/Voros/Vally - Haven't seen them yet in the two games I've gone to.

All in all, two games, 17 autographs on the front of my away jersey. Not a bad start to the year.

showjaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Debbie25LW

I have tried to catch Girardi coming in to MSG a few times now and can never seem to catch him.

Debbie25LW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:22 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR censored View Post
Poster above had it right. Grachev, Lisin, Anisimov, Semenov, Boyle, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Gilroy, Staal and Prospal all through the "tunnel" from the parking garage on 31st to the loading gate on 33rd. Got Torts and Sullivan here as well as Allaire who stopped in the Dunkin Donuts to get coffee. When I got Dubinsky last year he walked through the tunnel as well.
When you say the tunnel, do you mean the former driveway below MSG that you walk across to get to the Garden from Penn Station? I honestly didn't know any players ever walked through there.

I'm going to the game tomorrow. I've heard players occasionally hang out around the arena before or during these games, so that might be kind of interesting. Mostly just excited to be back at MSG and see what should make up most of the opening night roster.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 06:39 PM
showjaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
When you say the tunnel, do you mean the former driveway below MSG that you walk across to get to the Garden from Penn Station? I honestly didn't know any players ever walked through there.

I'm going to the game tomorrow. I've heard players occasionally hang out around the arena before or during these games, so that might be kind of interesting. Mostly just excited to be back at MSG and see what should make up most of the opening night roster.

Green shaded area is the overpass (tunnel) that the players walk under and then they walk up the sidewalk, make a left and go in the loading gate entrance.

Old
09-23-2009, 09:33 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
Drury is easy... the employee entrance on 31st at 4pm... I think it's 4pm... he's very punctual and very early. He's either there at 4pm or 4:30 for a 7pm game.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 10:24 PM
showjaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Drury is easy... the employee entrance on 31st at 4pm... I think it's 4pm... he's very punctual and very early. He's either there at 4pm or 4:30 for a 7pm game.

Makes sense since this is the one entrance I've never even heard of.

Old
09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR censored View Post
Green shaded area is the overpass (tunnel) that the players walk under and then they walk up the sidewalk, make a left and go in the loading gate entrance.

Ahh ok I gotcha now.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Blueshirts27

Send a message via AIM to Blueshirts27
I just hope that everyone is mindful of the preperation these guys go through. Be polite and you will get your authgraph. Don't shove or push other fans, as we are all in it for the same reason. I can't stand when somone is standing in back of me and sticking out a shirt or jersey or puck in my face. So take it easy. LETS GO RANGERS

Blueshirts27 is offline   Reply With Quote