HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers on TV - American edition

Old
09-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

vCash: 500
Flyers on TV - American edition

Anyone else missing out on games because the Flyers are broadcasting 10 games on The Comcast Network? Since it is not available in any form where I live, the only way for me to get it is to move (uh, not going to do that). I switched to cable from a dish two years ago so I would get all of the Flyers games from either CSN or a UHF channel simulcasting the Philly 57 game. But even then there was CN8, but not 10 freakin games.
I hate that some of the Canadian teams put a handful of games on PPV, as fans are the ones buying the tickets and creating ratings. Locking even some of them out only drives down ratings (and ad revenue).
This move is just a way to create higher ratings for TCN -- the first two games are on the channel, and two April games will be shown. But I can't imagine any non-Comcast system picking up TCN for 10 Flyers games, maybe 5-10 Sixers games (if they go that route), and some Phillies games (again, if they go that route).
The Flyers are blacked out on Center Ice here, so limiting my access just means one less household watching. Then multiply that by everyone in the same boat as me. And if I watch another team enough, my kids my grow up liking them instead. I'm already seeing that with baseball.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:29 PM
BringBackStevens

This Comcast Network bull is pissing me off. As a verizon fios customer i have to go to the bar or find a friend that has Comcast Cable to catch those 10 games, simply because Comcast is trying to stick it to the other providers.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

www.hockeystreams.com

No restrictions, excellent quality. $5 daypass option if you're only missing out on a few games.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 02:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
They have to put them on TCN because the Phillies season runs late this year. They had no other choice.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 03:01 PM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
They have to put them on TCN because the Phillies season runs late this year. They had no other choice.
Yeah, I was totally not used to phillies playoffs games interfering with my parking for early season hockey games and fall concerts.On the bright side, the online feeds are better than CN8.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 03:47 PM
TehBBA

Are they gonna have TCN in HD?

TehBBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Yeah, I was totally not used to phillies playoffs games interfering with my parking for early season hockey games and fall concerts.On the bright side, the online feeds are better than CN8.
I managed free parking, and learned to live with it, haha

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 01:47 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

According to the Flyers' site, the closest places with TCN are an hour from me. If I drive 3 1/2 hours, I can watch TCN while sitting in Pittsburgh
It's just upsetting because of all of the hoops I've already jumped through to see Flyers games. It wasn't that Philly 57 was great, but at least I had a local channel that was part of the Philly 57 sports broadcasting network. Oh, well.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote