HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season Game #1 -- Flyers at Red Wings -- September 16, 2009 -- 7:30 PM ET

Old
09-16-2009, 09:02 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Well atleast tomarrow I will get to watch it. Hope Pyo plays for I wanna see how he does other then hear it. You cant really tell how people due while listening. I kinda wish they kept the lines the same as yesterday though...

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:06 PM
medicman

Much as I don't like to say it, though they lost, Leafs looked good against Boston.

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:08 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Maybe the Hall of Fame night is a Flyers HOF night and not a HHOF night? Actually that makes sense because we won't know who is going into the HHOF for 2010 until the end of the season. Do they induct non-players in at different times? If so it could be Fred Shero?

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Kaktus*

Betts should be signed. We'll need him for sure.

Flyers got outshot.. What else is new. Wings hit 2-3 posts in 1st period. We are lucky it is only 3:1. Sucked on faceoffs with exception of Betts. Took a lot of penalties, nothing new.

Ross should not be playing in the NHL, same with Kolanos.

Briere was PKing, I was very surprised and Pyorala sounds like a good player.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 09-16-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:21 PM
hockeyphan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Yeah, the lines have been switched up all night. Don't know why they switched it up if they already had proven chemistry.
Makes perfect sense, Stevens doesn't like chemistry. As for the penalties, we had a problem with that last year and we didn't sign any Lady Bing canedates.

Nice to hear JVR score. He actually sounded like the most productive player offensively (even without the goal). I can't believe the turnaround this kid has made so far. I listened to a few of his UNH games and was surprised at how much I didn't hear his name. He seemed way too passive up until this point and then there he is in his first preseason game, the guy hustlin' to get the team going again when down two goals in the third.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Semin

This has probably been asked and discussed about but I dont have the time to read through everything.
But how is JVR looking compared to last year?

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:40 PM
ilovetheflyers8

edit:

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 09-16-2009 at 11:28 PM.
ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:45 PM
PlantersOye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK7117 View Post
This has probably been asked and discussed about but I dont have the time to read through everything.
Obviously JVR is looking better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post

Golden

PlantersOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK7117 View Post
He wasn't in camp last year.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:38 PM
fire bettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Yeah, the lines have been switched up all night. Don't know why they switched it up if they already had proven chemistry.
I was actually pretty happy that stevens put JVR on another line... not permanently but it's good to know that he is just as good with Carter and Hartnell.

I really think JVR and Betts sounded like the MVP's for tonight... im hoping they both make the team.

fire bettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
They could bring in Red Berenson, Peter White and John Blue and do it on the 4th of July.
I loved it when the Phantoms had Kane and Abel killing penalties and Ready, Eager and Abel as a line....

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
I was actually pretty happy that stevens put JVR on another line... not permanently but it's good to know that he is just as good with Carter and Hartnell.

I really think JVR and Betts sounded like the MVP's for tonight... im hoping they both make the team.
Actually Pronger got second star apparently so I guess he wins MVP. After Pronger, for out team, would be JVR as the second star and either Betts or Emery for the third probably.

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 09-16-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Good to hear that JVR scored, and continues to have a strong preseason. It looks like he's going to force Homer to keep him on the roster.

In comparison to JVR, if there are any Turris lovers left, here's what one Coyotes fan had to say about his performance against the Kings the other night. I think it's finally being proven that Homer picked the right guy.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=678313&page=8

THE BAD:

Turris - Same old Turris. Was on his ass at least 5 times tonight. Probably more. He's too weak and can't create space for himself. He did nothing tonight but fall down and get leveled. One time his helmet almost flew off. He's getting pushed around by guys who shouldn't be pushing anyone around. Tonight he was Jack Johnson's *****. Than on top of beating up on him, JJ skated around him while shorthanded to get in alone on Montoya and score because turris was on one of the points and was trying to play defense and got his jock handed to him by JJ on a rush.

Jim Schennson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:11 PM
iceman42

in case anyone is interested the video "highlights" are up on the front page of the Flyers site.

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:20 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick van Riemsdyk View Post
Good to hear that JVR scored, and continues to have a strong preseason. It looks like he's going to force Homer to keep him on the roster.

In comparison to JVR, if there are any Turris lovers left, here's what one Coyotes fan had to say about his performance against the Kings the other night. I think it's finally being proven that Homer picked the right guy.

THE BAD:

Turris - Same old Turris. Was on his ass at least 5 times tonight. Probably more. He's too weak and can't create space for himself. He did nothing tonight but fall down and get leveled. One time his helmet almost flew off. He's getting pushed around by guys who shouldn't be pushing anyone around. Tonight he was Jack Johnson's *****. Than on top of beating up on him, JJ skated around him while shorthanded to get in alone on Montoya and score because turris was on one of the points and was trying to play defense and got his jock handed to him by JJ on a rush.
Turris is soft as hell. He was last year. It appears early on anyway that nothing has changed.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:15 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Who was that at the end of the highlights who went down the left side and almost scored but then got hit?

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:

THE BAD:

I've converted from my initial love for Turris (and disappointment that Homer picked JVR), but that's still a bit unfair. If Turris was with the Flyers organization, he wouldn't have been rushed into the NHL with that figure skater's body.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:25 AM
chaosof99*

If anybody wants to see JVR's goal, TSN has a clip of it in their recap of the game. Pretty good snipe.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:35 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

I gotta say I'm shocked - and maybe a little disappointed - that we're about 4 hours removed from the first Flyers loss, and there's no "Fire Stevens" thread.

Someone has dropped the ball.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Who was that at the end of the highlights who went down the left side and almost scored but then got hit?
Betts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
I've converted from my initial love for Turris (and disappointment that Homer picked JVR), but that's still a bit unfair. If Turris was with the Flyers organization, he wouldn't have been rushed into the NHL with that figure skater's body.
Without a doubt Turris has been mishandled by the Yotes. What a surprise?

A little help here. How can I save this pic of JVR from the photo gallery on the Flyers site? It's pic 9 out of 10. Can someone tell me how to do that, or just save and post it here? Thanks.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=8494

Jim Schennson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast View Post
Obviously JVR is looking better...

Obviously he is better, but will he be on the roster opening night?
or will he just play a full year in the AHL?

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Mr Oysterhead

That's a sick pic of richie and howe

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 01:46 AM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
A little help here. How can I save this pic of JVR from the photo gallery on the Flyers site? It's pic 9 out of 10. Can someone tell me how to do that, or just save and post it here? Thanks.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=8494

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 04:07 AM
urho

vCash: 728
Those who were in that game; What do you think of Pyörälä's game?

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2009, 08:27 AM
BringBackStevens

Flyers front page has a few of the highlights including JVR's goal. Looks like he stole the puck and fire a quick snap shot. Nice goal.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote