HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Antoine Vermette extends 5 years with Columbus

Old
09-17-2009, 11:49 PM
mrgerry*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
its a bit of an overpayment now, but the way i see it: remember that only 1 year is an RFA year. Also, i expect vermette to either progress to his top-end potential (somewhere around 25 goals and 70 points) or to stagnate offensively but still be a very valuable top-6 shutdown center who will play PK, PP, and lots of ES minutes. For someone who will be on the ice that much, even if he doesnt produce offensively, his defensive contributions are worth it. Just look at the contracts of other top defensive centers.
Contradict yourself some more please.

First you say it's an "overpayment" now, but then you say it will be a decent payment through the length of the contract.

Bottom line is, it's not an overpayment, especially for a well rounded forward. It's hard to come across forwards that are both highly gifted in both the offensive and defensive areas.

mrgerry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 12:09 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgerry View Post
Contradict yourself some more please.

First you say it's an "overpayment" now, but then you say it will be a decent payment through the length of the contract.

Bottom line is, it's not an overpayment, especially for a well rounded forward. It's hard to come across forwards that are both highly gifted in both the offensive and defensive areas.
i dont think it's a contradiction, but to be safe, pretend i wrote "It seems like an overpayment now".

The vermette we have now is not worth 3.75M, but vermette on a UFA contract might be.

The overall gist of my post was that it's a fair contract.

09-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
good player who brings a lot to the table

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 10:46 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano View Post
Woah, that's a lot of money for a player like Vermette, hope he pans out.
55-60 point great two way player

Thats a great price IMO

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2009, 11:11 PM
darko

Maybe a slight overpayment but that would be neatpicking. 5 years is a little too much however.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote