HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs sign Philippe Lefebvre

Old
09-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Talent Analyst

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think he'll increase his offensive numbers this year with less depth in Drum. He's known as a defensive forward, but he has pretty good offensive skill too, with good PP time he could put up 75-80 points.
It would be very good for a player like him. We lost anything on that move and its the greatest thing for this guys right now.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 01:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I have us at 48

Belle, Benoit, Busto, Cammalleri, Carle, Chipchura, Conboy, D'Ago, Darche, Desharnais, Desjardins, Fortier, Gill, Gionta, Glumac, Gomez, Gorges, Halak, Hammer, Henry, Johansson, A.Kosty, S.Kosty, Lappy, Laraque, Lats, Mara, Markov, Masse, Maxwell, Mayer, Metro, Moen, O'b, Pleks, Pac, Price, Pyatt, Russell, Sanford, Spacek, Stewart, Subban, Trotter, Weber, White, Wyman plus Engqvist.
As an FYI, here's the breakdown from that list that aren't signed past this season. Gainey has a boatload of RFA's to deal with, holy crap.

UFA's- Pleks, Metro, Darche, Glumac, Mara, Henry, Belle, Benoit and Sanford

RFA's- Chipchura, D'Ago, Stewart, Lappy, Lats, Price, Halak, Desjardins, Wyman, Russell, Desharnais, Trotter, Johansson, S.Kosty, Pyatt, Busto, Carle

Not under contract but needs to be signed before June or August or can be signed, Missiaen, Simila, Dumont, and Fischer.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
As an FYI, here's the breakdown from that list that aren't signed past this season. Gainey has a boatload of RFA's to deal with, holy crap.

UFA's- Pleks, Metro, Darche, Glumac, Mara, Henry, Belle, Benoit and Sanford

RFA's- Chipchura, D'Ago, Stewart, Lappy, Lats, Price, Halak, Desjardins, Wyman, Russell, Desharnais, Trotter, Johansson, S.Kosty, Pyatt, Busto, Carle

Not under contract but needs to be signed before June or August or can be signed, Missiaen, Simila, Dumont, and Fischer.
A lot yes, but much less problematic than last spring. Pleks is the only guy who may cause problem/need to be replaced.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Well a little more time and I would have look like pretty good once again with my contract signings..... Though I did talk about signing him in other posts but I would have reitereated that in my evalution post today.

Just came back from the Complexe Bell and the first thing I had in mind was to say how Lefebvre had to be signed. While the kid needs to bulk up and implicate himself more in the play, his natural talent is too important to let him go and take the chance to lose him in the draft next year. I just like him and see him becoming better. He will have a pretty good year in Drummondville.

Happy to see that happening. Kudos to the kid. He deserves it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
MAG basically called it, lol:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...tra-equipe.php

On a également relevé le jeu du jeune Philippe Lefebvre. L'attaquant de 18 ans, qui retarde chaque jour un peu plus son retour chez les Voltigeurs de Drummondville, pourrait bien inciter la direction du Canadien à lui accorder un contrat.
Well....I called it before, July 11th....

Didn't predict they would, but did say that I would....

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...e#post20388738

Quote:
LEFEBVRE: In the "Whitesnake, what the heck are you smoking" category, I say that I would offer Lefebvre a contract. Okay.....maybe I'm exagerating a little. But I definately promise you that he will have a great year in Drummondville next year and he will be picked in next year's draft as well. He wasn't as much playing on the perimeter like I thought he would. Him as well was a little shy in his decision making, passing the puck more than he should have. But I really think that he has awesome puck skills. He was playing more in the traffic than what I thought he would. He's intelligent. Amongst the try-outs, he's certainly the one that impressed me the most and actually, he would have deserved to be a draft pick, if not with us, with anybody. This kid has to potential to be a good player. Needs to bulk up, but I found that he had much stronger legs that I thought he would. Create some opportunites today. A really good player to check in the future. I do believe they won't sign him to anything, and if he's not picked next year, he has to be considered to be reinvited to this dev. camp, but I really doubt that with a great season this year, he will be picked. Anyway, the best tryout of the game.
And later in September, I talked about it as well. I am very fond of this kid and believe in him a whole lot. I saw him progressed this year from totally invisible and shy to really confident. And in the dev. camp and today, he was just another guy that I had seen at the beginning of the year in the Q. Really confident with the puck, poise, and talented. Needs to bulk up big time. Got pushed a little easily today and sometimes by Plekanec.....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 09-15-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 02:46 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
good for the kids who i tought earlier on last year was a perimiter players but he did improved in that area as the year progressed

voltigeur drumondville are taking over the habs (boucher,masse,dumont and now lefebvre) now lets find a way to get Sean Couturier

I AGREE!!!! This kid is amazing!

As for Lefebvre, I'm glad for him. Great signing!

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Belso

Good for him. I did see some good things from what they showed on TV and glad for him. He never gave up and got rewarded for it.. Hopefully he will continue his development in the CHL and show the Canadiens Brass that is was a good idea to give him that contract.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well....I called it before, July 11th....

Didn't predict they would, but did say that I would....

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...e#post20388738

And later in September, I talked about it as well. I am very fond of this kid and believe in him a whole lot. I saw him progressed this year from totally invisible and shy to really confident. And in the dev. camp and today, he was just another guy that I had seen at the beginning of the year in the Q. Really confident with the puck, poise, and talented. Needs to bulk up big time. Got pushed a little easily today and sometimes by Plekanec.....
We'll both agree that not everyone develops at the same rate. Hopefully he will continue to get the strength needed to play in the NHL and he will show that the draft is not a perfect science..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Not a huge fan. Let's hope we see major development next year. Since the Volts have much less top end talent, he should get a good deal of offensive ice-time.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
wrong answer

it's because the Molsons are the owners now.
Rejaune Tremblay's new slogan evertime the Habs do something good now.

The bad moves will always be by Gainey and Boivin.

Ignorance is bliss.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote