HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Get to know your fellow Jackets fans

Old
09-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Inquiring Minds

vCash: 500
Name: Scott
Age you act: 21 to 50
Sex: M
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Same
Places I've lived: Oxford, OH (for college)
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): My wife says everywhere I go, I am quickly known as "Hey, big guy!"
Nationality: German, English, Irish
Height: 6'1
Weight: 250
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue/Grey/Green (depends on the light & what I'm wearing)
Mode of Transportation: 1989 Buick Regal
Job: Accountant
How you became a Jackets' fan: Quit baseball after the third strike; Became a lifetime Jackets' fan on the first opening day.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Current: Nasher // Legacies: Vyborny & Shampoo
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: You mean that there are other teams? Whoa.
Player you'd most like to spend time with: Maybe Boller. Peca or Modin would be interesting too.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Miniture bobble heads of Nash/Klesla/Shelley
College Attended/Attending: The Miami University, 1983
Video Game Systems Owned: I'm a PC guy.
Favorite Game(s):
Music You Listen To: Rock/Classic rock, CCM, some country, some metal, some grunge, some electro-pop, etc.
Favorite Movie (s): Casablanca, The Princess Bride
Favorite Food: Mufalatta, Gyros, Prime rib, most anything Cajun, mexican, chinese,.......
Favorite TV Show: Firefly, Jericho, House, Ghost Whisperer
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: One each: Home, Away, Third - no nameplates.
Anything Else:

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Name: DJ
Age you act: sometimes 15, sometimes 65
Sex: Male
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where I live: Columbus, OH
Places I've lived: Columbus, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): White shirt, jacket, devastatingly handsome
Nationality: Welsh, English, Scottish
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 195
Hair Color: Blondish-brownish
Eye Color: Blue
Mode of Transportation: 2005 Scion xA
Job: Corporate lackey
How you became a Jackets fan: They came to town, I became a fan. I'm a fan of any team with "Columbus" in their name.
Favorite Jackets Players: Nash, Chimera, Huselius
Favorite NON Jackets Players: Sundin, Antropov, Kaberle, Tucker, Kopitar, Thornton, Lidstrom, Roberts
Player you'd most like to spend time with: Having Nash as my wingman definitely wouldn't suck. Would be cool to have a brew with Roenick, and I'd give anything to have an "anything goes" night out with Theo Fleury.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I'm not into the creepy "weird paraphenalia" vibe - don't have anything weirder than a couple hockey pucks signed by players.
College Attended/Attending: The Ohio State University, class of 2000
Video Game Systems Owned: Original PlayStation, probably could find my Sega Genesis if I dug around in the garage.
Favorite Game(s): Honestly, I could play nothing but Pac-Man for the rest of my life and I'd be happy.
Music You Listen To: Mostly electronic dance music and all of its subgenres (trance, house, breakbeats, drum and bass, gabber, downtempo, trip-hop), also into EBM, industrial, darkwave, synth pop, also love 80s pop, and can be persuaded to listen to some underground hip-hop and black/death metal on occasion.
Favorite Movie (s): A Clockwork Orange (and all other Kubrick films). Trainspotting, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Scarface, Fight Club, Layer Cake, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Blue Velvet, North by Northwest (and all other Hitchcock films), Run Lola Run, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Sin City, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, City of God, Midnight Cowboy, Evil Dead I & II, Army of Darkness, The Exorcist, The Matrix, This is Spinal Tap, Young Frankenstein. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Fargo, No Country For Old Men, and many, many more. I'm a film buff.
Favorite Food: Mexican, Indian, Greek, Turkish, medium-rare steak, pizza, pasta, most vegetarian cuisine.
Favorite TV Show: Anything on Fox Soccer Channel, American Idol, The Office (BBC version), Heroes, Chappelle's Show, Cheaters, Intervention, Blind Date, Doctor Who, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List, Footballers Wives, The Pickup Artist, Celebrity Fit Club, What Not To Wear, Pardon the Interruption, Top Chef, Chuck.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Soviet Union 1980, Jackets old home, old away, and third (no names), Knutsen All-Star, Crunch away, Leafs away.
Anything Else: I am the coolest, most laid-back radical left-wing psycho you will ever meet. For more ---->www.myspace.com/djainthemix (now accepting friend requests)

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 10:51 PM
BlueJackets39

Send a message via AIM to BlueJackets39
Name: Alex
Age you act: 18 to 40?
Birthplace: Hamilton, OH
Where you live: Hamilton, OH
Places I've lived: Once again...Hamilton, OH
Nationality: Scot/Irish and PROUD of it
Height: 5'8
Weight: 195
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: Honda Accord
Job: Production Assistant @ WLWT-TV (NBC/Cincinnati)
How you became a Jackets' fan: Loved hockey my whole life, mainly followed NCAA as opposed to the NHL though. Went to my first Columbus game in March of 2008 (drove from Hamilton during the blizzard) and have since been hooked on the Jackets.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Jan Hejda
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Dan Boyle
Player you'd most like to spend time with: Mike Commodore
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Nothing...yet.
College Attending: Miami University
Video Game Systems Owned: XBOX 360
Favorite Game(s): NHL 09, WWE
Music You Listen To: Most everything except country and rap
Favorite Movie(s): Ocean's Eleven, American Psycho
Favorite Food: Italian
Favorite TV Show: Seinfeld
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None

Last edited by BlueJackets39: 09-23-2008 at 10:58 PM.
BlueJackets39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 11:55 AM
CBJ

Since I'm bored and haven't updated this since 2007 I figured I'd give it another whirl...

Name: Mary
Age you act: normally - 29; @ Rbar - 21
Sex: F
Birthplace: Vermilion, OH
Where you live: Old Town East (Downtown), Columbus OH
Places I've lived: See above
Nationality: Czech/Italian
Height: 5'7
Weight: See "sex"
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Mode of Transportation: '01 Infiniti G20 (sad that my previous post said I was moving up in the car world)
Job: Admin Assistant
How you became a Jackets' fan: Husband dragged me, now we're season ticket holders
Favorite Jackets' Player: Chimera, Nasher, Boller, soon to be Commodore
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: AO
Player you'd most like to spend time with: Mike Commodore
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I don't consider bobbleheads strange?
College Completed: Ohio State, 2000 grad
Favorite Game(s): Poker (anyone care to lose some money?)
Music You Listen To: large range... BNL, Beatles, Fugees, Tupac, Luda, Offspring
Favorite Movie(s): Ocean's 11, 12 and 13; Bourne's; Hot Fuzz;
Favorite Food: moving on to Asian Fusion
Favorite TV Show: Criminal Minds, CSI Miami, Bravo reality
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None

CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Millions Livio

Name: Josh
Age you act: Age is not a gauge for maturity and character.
Sex: Male
Birthplace: Dayton, Ohio
Where you live: Dayton, Ohio
Places I've lived: Dayton, Ohio (boring life)
Nationality: German/Italian
Height: 5,8
Weight: 140
Hair Color: Light brown
Job: Aspiring director and writer, I also do freelance design work.
How you became a Jackets' fan: Played/watched hockey all my life, my father and I went to opening night and I've been a fan ever since.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Nash
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Zherdev
Player you'd most like to spend time with: Pascal
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Not really my thing, but I do have about 15 white Blue Jackets shirts I've bamboozled into getting for free over the years that I wear around the house.
College Attending: I've got a few film schools in mind, finalizing that decision.
Video Game Systems Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Neo Geo, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game Gear, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Playstation, Xbox, Xbox 360, PC.
Favorite Game(s): As of now: NHL 09, Halo, GTA IV, Silent Hill series, tons of old school games, and perhaps soon to be Dead Space (looks amazing).
Music You Listen To: Industrial, classical, smooth jazz, classic rock, dark ambient, etc. Bands: Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, Queen, Dark Tranquillity, Shrio Sagisu, Lustmord, J.S. Bach, Beethoven, Prince, etc.
Favorite Movie(s): Pretty much anything made by Stanley Kubrick (2001: A Space Odyssey), Ingmar Bergman (The Seventh Seal), Alfred Hitchcock (North By Northwest), Hideaki Anno (End of Evangelion), David Lynch (Eraserhead), Martin Scorsese (Taxi Driver) and Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Memento).
Favorite Food: Japanese and Italian
Favorite TV Show: Neon Genesis Evangelion, House, Lost, Cowboy Bebop, etc
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Jackets third, a few Dayton Bombers, an old Penguins and tons of Dayton Gems from back when I used to play.

Millions Livio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Name: Stephanie
Nickname: Steph, Stephy
Age you act: Today? Had to fire someone so unfortunately had to act my age.
Where you live: Dayton area
Where you used to live: Born and raised in the Dayton area, unless you want to count my four years at OU (GO BOBCATS!!)
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you) I have auburn hair. And my right pinky finger won't straighten due to having broken it in high school, but I really doubt you'll be able to see that by just looking at me.
Job: Retail manager during the day. Super Retail Manager Girl at night!!! (<--- That would seriously be the lamest superhero ever)

How you became a Jackets' fan: I was in college and one of my friends had received a flyer or something referring to "YOUR" Columbus Blue Jackets. And for some reason she thought it was funny and told me that she now owned a pro hockey team (because it said "your"). Therefore we had to start watching them. She lost interest, mine only grew.
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: You know I'm not sure. It was a while ago, probably a year or so before I even joined. And then another year before I posted. Apparently I'm shy

Player you'd most like to spend time with: Commodore.
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Jumped on the Caps bandwagon last season
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: None. I'm boring.
Section you usually sit in: Don't have a usual section
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: I sacrifice 50 virgins to the hockey gods before every game. And I'm always am sitting in my desk chair, though really that's more to see the TV better but I suppose we can call it a ritual.

Video Game You are Hooked On: Nhl 08. I'm sure it'll be 09 but since it's not out on ps2 yet I don't have it yet
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: Buddhist chants
Music You Actually Listen to: Pretty much everything else except for R&B and most rap. My ipod has a lot of Coldplay, Something Corporate, Jack's Mannequin, Chicago, Billy Joel, Metallica, Three Senses, Incubus, and Miles Davis on it.
Favorite Movie(s): Let's see. I'm really behind on my movies. I JUST saw Batman Begins. Loved it. Can't wait to see Dark Knight. I really like Memento. And The Jerk for comedies. And for chick flicks (cause we all have a favorite) I like Playing by Heart.
Favorite Food: Almost any Chinese food that has chicken in it and isn't sweet n sour. Also Campbell's Split pea soup (the kind that you don't have to add water to). And mashed potatoes and gravy.
Favorite TV Show: The Office. Followed by The West Wing and Seinfeld
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I'm pretty much an open book. Except for that whole sacrificing 50 virgins thing. That kinda comes outta nowhere every few days (or every day if it's a back-to-back).

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 07:48 PM
brianhatesu

Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
Name: Brian
Nickname:
Age you act: 8-80
Sex: not any more, I'm married
Where you live: Dayton
Where you used to live: Dayton
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you) I'd be the one wearing the Walser jersey
Job: graphic designer

How you became a Jackets' fan: dad got me into the blackhawks, I switched over in season 2
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: (Level 1 -"seriously whacked," and so forth.) I follow the Jackets religiously even though I rarely agree with any moves that they make.
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: I think some hockey future articles were mentioned on russianprospects.com. mingled over to the boards and was hooked. I don't post much but check the boards every time I get online.

Player you'd most like to spend time with: Nash, Zherdev
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Capitals, I hate every team now, even the blackhawks
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I have a lot of game worn stuff(jerseys, sticks, and equipment). I collected alot of bluejackets stuff but the wife made me quit until my student loans are all paided off.
Section you usually sit in: we always buy from scalpers, you get good deals and get to see the games from different spots.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: if i go to the game I t.v. the game and watch it when i get home for stuff i missed. try to watch the warm-ups. if i'm at home watching I normally spend the night cussing at the T.V.

Video Game You are Hooked On: NHL09
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: everything
Music You Actually Listen to:i work in front of a computer so I listen to my IPOD like 9 hours a day
Favorite Movie(s): back to the future, die hard, any 80's movie
Favorite Food: yellow zingers
Favorite TV Show: the office, 30 rock
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: i have a nice collection
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you:

brianhatesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 09:07 AM
AP for CBJ

Name: Angie
Nickname: None
Age you act: 29
Nationality: Mutt
Where you live: Worthington, OH
Where you used to live: Wisconsin, Alabama, Indiana, Louisiana, Ohio
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you) Sitting next to CBJalltheway
Job: Auditor, coach
College Attended/Attending: University of Alabama, LSU
How you became a Jackets' fan: Dad played hockey when i was growing up, always loved the sport but never had a team to care about until the Blue Jackets
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: (Level 1 -"seriously whacked," and so forth.) act about a Level 5, actually a Level 3
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: was looking for good hockey information and found this site searching the internet. More of a lurker then a poster.
Player you'd most like to spend time with: "spend time with" - Rusty Klesla or Jared Boll, have drinks with - Chimera, someone I would want in my Fav 5 - Tyler Wright
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: None really
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Nothing
Section you usually sit in: upper bowl (TBD when i get my 10 pack tickets)
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: say a prayer (so I don't spill my beer on the way to my seats)
Video Game You are Hooked On: None
Music You Actually Listen to: Alternative
Favorite Movie(s): Dead Poet Society, My Cousin Vinny
Favorite Food: pizza, sushi
Favorite TV Show: Criminal Minds, NCIS, Burn Notice, Damages, The Closer, (The Hills - guilty pleasure)
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Nash

Last edited by AP for CBJ: 11-07-2008 at 08:35 AM.
AP for CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 09:51 AM
5StringBuzz

Name: Jeff
Nickname: Buzz
Age you act: At games, 12. At work, 46. Otherwise, all over the map.
Where you live: Columbus
Where you used to live: Evanston, IL; Champaign/Urbana, IL
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you) Tall, nearly shaved head, glasses, vandyke
Job: Software development manager

How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong hockey fan. Always dreamed of getting a team in Columbus. Natural fit.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: (Level 1 -"seriously whacked," and so forth.) Seriously whacked. I take my laptop on vacation mostly to keep up on the CBJ.
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: Arace or Portzline wrote about it in the Dispatch in '07. I stay because I'm ravenous for CBJ info and talk. Plus, I just like it here.

Player you'd most like to spend time with: Commodore
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Used to be quite a few, but the number drops every year because I have a beef with more teams every year. It's to the point where who I'm rooting for is more a question of who I'm rooting against. That list usually includes Detroit, Nashville, St. Louis, Dallas, Pittsburgh, yadda yadda
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Nothing
Section you usually sit in: 220/J/1-2 since the beginning
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: Causality -- that's the superstition that something I say can have an impact on the game, usually going against what I want. That's why the "You're gonna lose, you're gonna lose..." and "We're gonna win!" clips from A League of Their Own always make me cringe.

Video Game You are Hooked On: Not much anymore
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: When I listen to it, it becomes cool.
Music You Actually Listen to: Wide variety -- rock, alternative, indie, jazz, classical, new age, stuff that labels don't seem to fit, etc. My band plays stuff like Elvis Costello, Police, Clash, REM, Talking Heads, Smithereens, etc. Mostly listening to stuff I hear on XMU, XM Lucy, or KPLU (Jazz).
Favorite Movies: Dr. Strangelove, Casablanca, The Searchers, Citizen Kane, 2001, 12 Angry Men, Witness for the Prosecution, Seven Year Itch, Some Like it Hot, A Clockwork Orange, Third Man, Yojimbo, To Have and Have Not, Maltese Falcon, and so on. Guilty pleasures: Shaun of the Dead, Kung Fu Hustle, Oceans 11-13.
Favorite Foods: Pizza, ice cream. Beer.
Favorite TV Show: Futurama, 30 Rock
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 3 CBJ, 3 other
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I have a life away from hockey. I play bass, I fly a plane (a PA28, which is a Piper Archer/Cherokee), and I ride motorcycles.

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 04:45 PM
GoPoMo

Name: Gene
Sex: M.
Birthplace: Nebraska
Hometown: Baltimore, Oh.
Nationality: Czech/Irish
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: About 20# more than I should weigh
Hair Color: Skin tone.
Mode of Transportation: VW Diesel
Job: Retired DoD - Software developer/programmer
How you became a Jackets' fan: Long-time hockey fan, needed a local NHL fix
Favorite Jackets' Player: Rick Nash.
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Steve Yzerman.
College Attended/Attending: USAF
Video Game Systems Owned: Huh?
Favorite Game(s):
Music You Listen Too: 50s R&R, Margaritaville, Jazz, ABBA
Favorite Movie (s): Le Mans - Steve McQueen
Favorite Book: Evanovich's Stafanie Plum series
Favorite Food: Starch, grease, you know
Favorite TV Show: The Closer
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Jackets inaugural home white, Jackets 3rd
Anything Else: Let's Go Jackets! Go Jackets, Go!

GoPoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Still hangin

NAME: Shawn
SEX: M
BIRTHPLACE: Chicago
HOMETOWN: Columbus
NATIONALITY: Mutt
HEIGHT: 6'
WEIGHT: 200
HAIR COLOR: Brown
EYE COLOR: Blue
MODE OF TRANSPORT: dreaming of a convertible cobra
JOB: Middle Mgmt.
HOW YOU BECAME JACKETS FAN: Since we got teased by the Whalers
FAVORITE JACKETS PLAYERS:MASON, Nash, Juice, Vermette, Voracek FILATOV, HEDJA
NON JACKETS PLAYERS: Orr, Esposito's(Phil & Tony), Bobby Hull, Makita, Roy, Forsberg, Paul Coffey, Jari Kuri, JR, Joe Thorton, (Can't stand Keith TKKKupchuck) #19 Joe Sakic
Predict Next CBJ coach will be Moncton's Teddy Nolan- nope he's now in NY Hitch through 2012
First exposure to hockey: Black Hawks in 1964 watching tv with Bob Kelly in Elmwood Park
MUSIC: Pretty much anything, Stones, Cream/ Clapton, Eagles, Springsteen, Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Coldplay
FAVORITE MOVIES:Godfather, Hoosiers, ShawShank, Super Bad.. Knocked Up, Taken
FAVORITE FOOD: Hyde Parke's Kosar filet, Wendy's Double cheese (pickle onion, mustard)
TV SHOWS: MNF,
HOCKEY Sweater: Original Away (Still in love with the Red Blackhawks Jersey but I'm slowly weaning away)
Other: Big fan of ticket specials, 4 pack, 6 pack etc./ excited about the future of the Organ-EYE-zation

Last edited by LetsGOJackets!!: 10-07-2009 at 02:57 PM.
LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 12:50 AM
MadMel

Signed up along time ago ,just never posted and forgot about the board..but im back now.

Name: Darren
Birthplace: Saskatoon,Saskatchewan Canada
Hometown: same
Nationality: 100% Canadian ..eh
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 240
Eye Color: green
Mode of Transportation: '03 Sunfire
Job: City Worker...so i dont do much ..there beat you all to it !
Favorite Jackets' Player: Jon "Nasty" Mirasty
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Mel Angelstad,Rocky Thompson ,Bob Probert and about a million other minor league tough guys im sure people have never heard of ..just like the fighters !
College Attended/Attending: University of Saskatchewan
Video Game Systems Owned: PS2 Wii
Favorite Game(s): dont play much anymore,but Gran Theft Auto was pretty good.
Music You Listen too: Kiss,Kid Rock ,little of everything ..except Rap
Favorite Movie (s): Slapshot ,Bull Durham ,anything that makes me laugh is good
Favorite TV Show: dont watch much ,but i do like Entourage..got Drama !!
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: St.L Blues Twist Blackhawks Probert and a LV Thunder jersey
Anything Else: Nothin.

MadMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 08:17 AM
WargzONU

Send a message via AIM to WargzONU
Name: Wargo
Nickname: see name
Age you act:23
Where you live:Columbus
Where you used to live:Columbus
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you) Glasses, original home jersey that's 4 sizes too big, balding.
Job: Pharmacy student

How you became a Jackets' fan:Heard we were getting a hockey team...Then.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: (Level 1 -"seriously whacked," and so forth.)While a student 2, after I'm debt free and can afford season tickets i'll be a 1.
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here:None of my friends understand my obsession with hockey. Here I feel at home.

Player you'd most like to spend time with: I don't know why, but Russell
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Any Canadian team other than Montreal
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: bought a beanie at the game last night...haha
Section you usually sit in: wherever I can scalp tickets
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: I need to start making the R-bar a ritual
Music You Actually Listen to: Anything on Alt Nation or Left of center on sirius
Favorite Movie(s): Too many to list
Favorite Food: Mexican...btw the new mexican restaurant on the corner of 33 and grandview isn't bad. On the way to the arena too.
Favorite TV Show: LOST...Just got hooked
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Jackets

WargzONU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Bobcat110

Name: Joel
Nickname:Joel
Age you act:25
Where you live:Mt Gilead
Where you used to live:Athens Ohio (One of the many Bobcats here)
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: 6'5 and 255lbs makes it hard to hide
Job:CFP
How you became a Jackets' fan:Strongly dislike OSU sports, needed sports fix, liked hockey, became day one PSL holder.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: (Level 1 -"seriously whacked," and so forth.)Probably seriously whacked considering I've dumped $3,000/season into tickets x 8 seasons, plus $2,500 into PSLs, plus parking, plus gas, plus babysitting, plus concessions, plus jerseys, etc...Let's see, that's some $30K + for a non-playoff team...that's whacked.
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: Use to post on Metro before. However, this is my story on HFBoards: NHL.com had a game called Bench Boss. It's a "salary cap" fantasy league game. Winner of first half of '03-04 season got free tickets to the AllStar weekend in St. Paul. I won Bench Boss and got the free tickets. While at the game, the guy sitting next to me from Boston mentioned HFboards, so I registered. Member since Feb 2004.
Player you'd most like to spend time with:I hear the Staals throw a good party. Theo Fleury? I always thought Barry Melrose looked like a party waiting to happen. As for CBJ players, I really doubt I have enough in common that spending time would really be that fun. Maybe Chimera if I had to pull a name out or joining former CBJ players Jody Shelley and Tyler Wright on one of their fishing trips.
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For:Who ever's playing Detroit.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own:Probably the Nash/Zherdev autographed helmet for PSL holders who prepaid their full bill a few years ago. Also, framed opening night picture with us visible in the picture.
Section you usually sit in:205
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game:Peanuts. I also like that the postgame show pretty much lasts the whole 50 minute drive home.
Video Game You are Hooked On:I do play Medal of Honor on Wii a little too much
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To:Not too much...more XM radio talk/news/sports channels.
Music You Actually Listen to:My daughters push their Disney Radio agenda
Favorite Movie(s): Jerry Bruckheimer's, Wedding Crashers, Wedding Singer, Old School
Favorite Food: Fajita's (mexican)
Favorite TV Show: Mainly sports and movies, but have watched 2-1/2 men and Amazing Race.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:Nash 2004 All-Star Jersey bought at All-Star game (see above). The others are original home and away jerseys and the new home jersey.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I'm the quiet type who likes to throw out that surprising zinger when least expected.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 08:56 PM
danielfloyd

Name: Daniel
Birthplace: Richmond, KY
Hometown: Irvine, KY
Nationality: I like the Mutt idea
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 150
Mode of Transportation: 2001 Chevy Cavalier
Job: Part-time Cashier/Part-time French professor/Part-time French grad student
How you became a Jackets' fan: I really wanted to watch some hockey post lockout, and my area started carrying Blue Jackets' games post lockout.
Favorite Jackets' Player: It was Zherdev. With both Nash and Leclaire as givens, I would probably have to say Boll.
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Now, Zherdev, otherwise, Ovechkin (I like him much better than Crosby)
College Attended/Attending: Formerly Eastern Kentucky University/Currently University of Kentucky
Video Game Systems Owned: PS2 and XBOX and Wii
Favorite Game(s): Hockey games
Music You Listen Too: Punk music
Favorite Movie (s): Lots
Favorite Food: Whatever is good
Favorite TV Show: My Name is Earl, the Office, hockey (I don't watch much TV).
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 3 Blue Jacket jerseys, a Mighty Ducks, and a Devils.
Anything Else: Unless someone asks, then no.

danielfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Wolfy

NAME: Daniel
HOMETOWN: Oslo
NATIONALITY: Norwegian
HEIGHT: 6' 5''
WEIGHT: 268
HAIR COLOR: Brown
MODE OF TRANSPORT: 04 Mercedes-Benz S500
JOB: Computer Technician/ Bouncer
HOW YOU BECAME JACKETS FAN: My good buddy O-K Tollefsen
FAVORITE JACKETS PLAYERS: Nash, Boll, Russell and OKT of course
MUSIC: Pretty much anything except heavy metal
FAVORITE FOOD: A juicy steak, or chinese
TV SHOWS: All sports

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 03:29 PM
socialD

Name: Jim
Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario
Hometown: same
Nationality: Canucklehead
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 185
Hair Color: salt amd pepper leaning more to the salt side
Mode of Transportation: 1997 Honda
Job: Self Employeed
How you became a Jackets' fan: evolved from OHL.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Nash.
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Aaron Johnson
College Attended/Attending: Teamster's outa high school
Video Game Systems Owned: Pinball?
Favorite Game(s):
Music You Listen Too: Punk music
Favorite Movie (s): Lost in Translation / Slap Shot
Favorite Food: Fish and Chips
Favorite TV Show: Poker.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: A couple of all-star sweaters.
Anything Else: nope

socialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Jeffrey99

Realized I've never filled one of these out and since I plan on posting alot more this season, figured now is a good time.

Name: Jeffrey
Birthplace: Columbus, IN
Hometown: Seymour, IN
Weight: 250 (hopefully less soon )
Mode of Transportation: 06 Toyota Prius, 07 Harley Davidson Nightster
Job: Engineer/CNC Programmer
How you became a Jackets' fan: Orginally started out as a Ducks fan. Believe it or not the movies were what first got me liking hockey. Switch to the Blackhawks because according to the NHL & Directv they were my "local" team. But that was during the time that they wouldn't televise home games. So figured if I had to pay for Center Ice to watch my favorite team, I might as well follow the one closest to my house. (Unfortunately the NHL & Directv still don't see the Jackets as my local team)
Favorite Jackets' Player: Right now Jared Boll. Love the energy and play style.
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Ovechkin, Donald Brashear & John-Michael Liles, since they are both from Indiana.
Video Game Systems Owned: 360 & PS3
Favorite Game(s): Right now...pretty much just NHL 09.
Music You Listen Too: Depending on my mood, anything from Jazz to Metal that'll make your ears bleed.
Favorite Movie (s): The Karate Kid
Favorite TV Show: Chuck, The Office, Two and a half Men.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Ovechkin new caps jersey, Rick Nash signed old style CBJ jersey and a few minor league Indianapolis Ice jerseys. Plan on getting a new style Jackets jersey this season, still not sure of player yet though.

Jeffrey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Savante

NAME: Brett
BIRTHPLACE: Columbus
HOMETOWN: Columbus
NATIONALITY: German!
HAIR COLOR: Blonde
MODE OF TRANSPORT: 2007 Honda Civic. Loving the gas mileage now.
JOB: Software developer
HOW YOU BECAME JACKETS FAN: Started going to games first year.. I was a Bruins fan growing up as my sister went to college in Boston.
FAVORITE JACKETS PLAYERS: Hejda, love how solid he is. Also Nash, Juice, Tyutin, Boll
NON JACKETS PLAYERS: Former - Pavel Bure, Scott Stevens, Paul Coffey, Phil Housley, Cam Neely, Ray Borque
First exposure to hockey: Started playing inline in elementary school, still play 3 nights a week
MUSIC: Bloc Party & Radiohead are my favorite, also Black Keys, The Hives, Muse, The National, Dylan also some hip-hop (Roots, Kweli, Wu-Tang, Scarface)
FAVORITE MOVIES: Godfather, Godfather 2, Scarface, Mean Streets, Cape Fear, Goodfellas, Taxi Driver (notice a trend?)
FAVORITE FOOD: Korean BBQ!
TV SHOWS: Entourage, Californication, Dexter, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The Office -- All time: Arrested Development, Six Feet Under, THE WIRE (best show ever.)
HOCKEY Sweater: None right now to be honest.

Last edited by Savante: 01-11-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Savante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Name: Nate
Birthplace: Ohio
Hometown: Columbus
Nationality: American
Weight: 170lbs
Eye Color: Greenish
Mode of Transportation: Car
Job: Have one.
Hobbies: Paintball, working on my car, some sports
How you became a Jackets' fan: Was a Red Wings fan during college (hey, Columbus didn't have a team back then) and started following the CBJ when I moved here about 5 years ago.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Don't really have a favorite (which is why I don't have a number or name on my sweaters).
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Sidney Crosby
College Attended/Attending: Bowling Green State University
Video Game Systems Owned: NES, Turbo Grafx 16, PS1, PS2, Wii
Favorite Game(s): Too many to list.
Music You Listen Too: Mostly rock.
Favorite Band: U2
Favorite Movie (s): Tombstone, Office Space, Memento
Favorite TV Show(s): South Park, Futurama, Heroes, most History Channel shows
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ alternate for '07, CBJ away for '08, BGSU home for '98, BGSU away for '95
Anything Else: Probably would have played hockey instead of football if it was offered by my high school back then.

Last edited by Zoo16: 11-07-2008 at 07:07 AM.
Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Swade016

Name: Wade
Birthplace: Ohio
Hometown: Dayton
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 230lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Mode of Transportation: Car
Job: Statistical Analyst
Hobbies: Woodworking, hockey, computer programming, reading, hockey
How you became a Jackets' fan: Went to very first preseason game, have been a fan since they were born. Previously a Rangers fan (well, Leetch really).
Favorite Jackets' Player: Currently, Brassard. My number has always been 16.
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Brian Leetch formerly, none now.
College Attended/Attending: Ohio State (undergrad), Florida Tech (grad)
Video Game Systems Owned: XBox360, Xbox, PS2, etc...
Favorite Game(s): Zelda, Ocarina of Time
Music You Listen Too: Everything but house
Favorite Band: Brad Paisley
Favorite Movie (s): Tombstone, Office Space, Aladdin
Favorite Food: BBQ
Favorite TV Show(s): Family Guy, House, Eli Stone, The Soup
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ alternate for '06, Brian Leetch Lady Liberty, Lots really...
Anything Else: I hate all of our announcers.

Swade016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 09:47 PM
WALLY

Name: Chris
Birthplace: Northeast OH
Hometown: Gahanna
Nationality: Mixed-Breed American
Height: Just a hair under 6 foot
Weight: 215lbs
Hair Color: Dirty Blond
Mode of Transportation: 04 Jeep Liberty
Job: I design bulk import/export terminals
Hobbies: I drag race my Honda Civic during the summer. It runs 12s.
How you became a Jackets' fan: I watched the first game ever on TV. My fandom ended the same day when I found out there would never be another game on "free" TV ever again. Hitch coming to town got me interested to the point of actually following the team on a regulas basis. Being from Cleveland, I enjoy rooting for the underdog.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Dorsett/Mirasty/Norrena... goes back to the underdog comment.
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Mario Lemieux
College Attended/Attending: Triangle Tech, Pittsburgh, PA
Video Game Systems Owned: PS2 is my mainstay.
Favorite Game(s) NHL2006
Music You Listen Too: Punk, Metal, New Wave, Indy, etc.
Favorite Band: New Model Army
Favorite Movie (s): Not sure I have one, but I had an odd tendency to quote Zoolander and awful lot.
Favorite Food: Vegetarian
Favorite TV Show(s): I got cable to watch the Jackets this year, most everything else is crap. Father Ted, SCTV & Home Movies on DVD suffice.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None. I'm afraid to jinx a player and I don't want to be that guy with jersey of the guy who doesn't play in Columbus anymore...
Anything Else: Glad to be here part of something...

WALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 06:58 AM
CBJNut

Send a message via ICQ to CBJNut Send a message via AIM to CBJNut Send a message via MSN to CBJNut Send a message via Yahoo to CBJNut
Name: Damon
Birthplace: Lima, OH
Hometown: Logan, OH
Height: 6'
Weight: 200lbs
Mode of Transportation: 02 Acura TL Type-S
Job: Machine tool sales
Hobbies: Golf, Skiing, Gaming
How you became a Jackets' fan: Went to my first game (before I was a hockey fan). CBJ vs. Avalanche. CBJ won in overtime for the first time against the Avs. I was instantly hooked.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Huselius, Nash, and Manny
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Jody Shelly
College Attended/Attending: University of Toledo
Video Game Systems Owned: PC
Favorite Game(s): Call of Duty, Crysis, Left 4 Dead
Music You Listen Too: Metal
Favorite Band: Godsmack
Favorite Movie (s): Office Space, Clerks
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite TV Show(s): The Shield
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Nash, Zherdev, Klesla
Anything Else: I'm a fancy man

CBJNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 06:20 PM
BoJackson

Name: Chris
Nickname: Zig
Age you act: 50
Where you live: Akron
Where you used to live: Ft Worth, TX
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: eh, some say I look like I'm about 15
Job: Barnes and Noble book slave

How you became a Jackets' fan: already fell in love with all the Cleveland teams, and had to get my hockey fix
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: n00b
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: can't find a better place to talk about hockey

Player you'd most like to spend time with: I bet Dorsett's pretty crazy...
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Washington, love watching Ovechkin and Semin play.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: none
Section you usually sit in: still haven't made the trip
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: lately been betting all my vCash against the Jackets, don't plan to stop until they hit a skid

Video Game You are Hooked On: any sports game or RPG
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: Andrew Bird, Wilco, Flaming Lips
Music You Actually Listen to: www.last.fm/user/thesovietbomb
Favorite Movie(s): anything Bill Murray, Scorsese, or sci-fi
Favorite TV Show: Home Movies
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none yet. Eventually a Brassard, Voracek or Filatov

BoJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Rugger Rudy

Name: Nancy
Nickname: Rudy
Age you act: Less than 41
Sex: M F Y N Are you asking?
Where you live: Long Island
Where you used to live: Upstate NY
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you) None
Job: English teacher

How you became a Jackets' fan: I heard about the Fedorov trade a few years back. The rest was history.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: (Level 1 -"seriously whacked," and so forth.) What's the scale? I go to Jackets games when they come to the tri-state area. I put up with the jerks characters at Nassau Coliseum to do so. Does that count?
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: I used to post at Blue Jackets Central. Now I'm here.

Player you'd most like to spend time with: They all seem like great guys. Chimmer, maybe?
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: I've been a Rangers fan since I was very small. My family were bandwagon Islanders fans. It was an interesting childhood.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I keep my flash drives on the Jackets key chain I got when I subscribed to THN. I am sure that I am the only person on Long Island that has one.
Section you usually sit in: Haven't made the trip yet.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: When watching from home, I like to be the only one in the house.

Video Game You are Hooked On: I like RPGs and action shooters. Fable II is good.
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: I don't care what people think of my musical taste.
Music You Actually Listen to: Megadeth to Mozart. Yellow Card, Alice In Chains, Barenaked Ladies, Pavarotti, whatever.
Favorite Movie(s): Nothing recent
Favorite Food: I'm not picky
Favorite TV Show: Survivorman
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Rangers, knockoff Russian Fedorov jersey, Blue Jackets: Freddy No, Nash (with the "A")

Rugger Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote