HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Get to know your fellow Jackets fans

Old
06-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Why not update my info. (Yes I'm procrastinating on doing homework)

Name: Tom
Sex: M
Birthplace: Nowhere, OH Norwalk, OH
Where you live: Brunswick, OH
Where you used to live: Norwalk, Dayton, Cuyahoga Falls, San Francisco CA, Mountain View CA, San Jose CA, Sacramento CA, Norwalk OH, Brunswick (I should own stock in U-Haul)
Nationality: German, French Canadian.
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 270 (and dropping fast, woohoo)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Mode of Transportation: 2005 Toyota Prius
Job: Systems Developer. (basically a programmer + sysadmin)
How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up a Wings fan as it was the only games I could hear on the radio. I quit following the Wings when they became the Yankees, and their fans became arrogant snobs. Didn't follow hockey when I lived in California. When I moved back to Ohio, the Jackets existed and I was hooked.
Favorite Jackets' Player: >SELECT * FROM players WHERE team = "cbj";
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Big fan of Cody McCloud, ex Jackets, and all time greats that I have met like Steve Yzerman
College Attended/Attending: University of Dayton, Kent State, Stark State, now Franklin University
Video Game Systems Owned: 360, Wii
Favorite Game(s): NHL 09, Fallout 3, Sins of a Solar Empire, Demigod.
Music You Listen Too: Pretty much anything, Though I tend towards 70's disco, 80's pop/hair bands, 90's EuroDance.
Favorite Movie (s): Miracle, Top Gun, Blazing Saddles, Men with Brooms
Favorite Food: Not much at the moment, dieting, see weight.
Favorite TV Show: Battlestar Galactica, Entourage, Dr. Who, This old house.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: My mother used to travel to Korea regularly and worked down the street from the CCM factory. Howe Wings, Howe Detroit Vipers (yes from the one game he played with them) Probert Wings, Essensa Wings, Lemieux Pens, Selanne Jets, Nash with horrible red lettering Jackets, Sabres Goathead, Caps Eagle, Wild Green, Leafs, Bruins, Sharks, Thrashers, Team Canada, Team Germany. Jerseys I actually purchased: Jackets White, Authentic Tyutin Blue. Lake Erie Monsters.
Anything Else: I make videos, and am tremendously behind on the year ending one I am working on. My perfectionist tendencies are slipping in as I try and out-do my previous videos. http://www.vimeo.com/user1181505/videos

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
I'll update mine as well...

Name: Steve
Birthplace: Garfield Heights, OH
Where you live: Valley View, OH
Nationality: Slovakian, Polish
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 183
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: 2002 Ford Escape
Job: Student
How you became a Jackets' fan: The IHL and the Lumberjacks left town in 2000/2001 - never really got hooked on the Barons, so i started watching Jackets games.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Too many to name
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Joe Thornton, Martin St. Louis, Marty Brodeur, John Vanbiesbrouck
College Attended/Attending: John Carroll University
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360
Favorite Game(s): NHL 09, GTA IV, NCAA 09
Music You Listen To: AC/DC, Aerosmith, Alice in Chains, All-American Rejects, Barenaked Ladies, Better than Ezra, Blink 182, Bon Jovi, Bruce springsteen, Buckcherry, Coldplay, Collective Soul, Counting Crows, Dave Matthews Band, Fall Out Boy, Foo Fighters, The Fray, Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Hootie & the Blowfish, Incubus, Jimmy Eat World, The Killers, Linkin Park, Matchbox Twenty, Metallica, Nickelback, Nirvana, OAR, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Smashing Pumpkins, Snow Patrol, Sugar Ray, Third Day, Third Eye Blind, Three Days Grace, Train, U2, Van Halen, Weezer, Yellowcard, 3 Doors Down
Favorite Movie(s): Christmas/Vegas/European etc. Vacation moves with Chevy Chase
Favorite Food: I'm big on chicken and Italian food
Favorite TV Show: Seinfeld, Lost, The Apprentice, The Office, Law and Order
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: I collect game-worn 'Jackets jerseys. Here is my entire list (you can see photos here):

Navy Training Camp Jersey - Jason Chimera
Red Training Camp Jersey - Adam Pineault
White Training Camp Jersey - Mike Sillinger
Navy Training Camp Jersey - No Name
2000/2001 Navy Marc Denis
2000/2001 White Serge Aubin
2001/2002 Navy Duvie Westcott
2002/2003 Navy Mike Sillinger
2002/2003 White David Vyborny
2003/2004 White Tyler Wright
2003/2004 Third Luke Richardson
2005/2006 Navy Nikoli Zherdev
2005/2006 White Pascal Leclaire
2005/2006 Third Adam Foote
2006/2007 Navy Sergei Fedorov
2006/2007 White Dan Fritsche
2006/2007 Third Freddy Modin
2007/2008 Navy Rusty Klesla
2007/2008 White Michael Peca
2008/2009 Navy Derrick Brassard

Anything Else: I play college hockey...am a big Notre Dame fan...been to 75% of the Jackets playoff games in franchise history ()...look forward to going down to Columbus for 8-12 games next year.

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Brassard Calder

I'll update mine too...

Name: Eric
Birthplace: Syracuse, NY
Where you live: Syracuse, NY
Where you used to live: Syracuse, NY
Nationality: Irish, Polish, German, English
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 175
Hair Color: Black
Job: UPS
How you became a Jackets' fan: The day it was announced they had a team and would be affiliated with the Syracuse Crunch.
Favorite Current Jackets' Player(s): Brassard, Dorsett, Nash, Commodore
Favorite All-Time Jackets' Player(s): Shelley, Sanderson, Wright, Leclaire, Sillinger, Ling
Favorite NON Jackets' Player(s): Scott Walker, Dan Carcillo, Mike Richards, Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan Getzlaf, and of course Jody Shelley
College Attended: Graduate of St. Bonaventure University
Video Game Systems Owned: XBOX360
Favorite Game(s): NHL09, Call of Duty: World at War, UFC 2009 Undisputed, GTA IV
Favorite Music: I Listen to pretty much everything. Classic Rock is my favorite genre though.
Favorite Bands: Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, The Who, Tom Petty, Neil Young, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers
Favorite Food: Steak, Potatoes, Ice Cream, Pizza and Wings
Favorite TV Show: Seinfeld, Californication, Weeds,
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Syracuse Crunch Home, Syracuse Crunch Home #28 Sugden, CBJ Old Road #31 Leclaire

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
My own excessively verbose example follows. (I write a lot.)

Name: Jo
Nickname: Viqsi (pronounced "Vixie", as in "Viqsi wuvs Bloo Jaqts haqi"), plus an endless supply of aliases generously donated by mailing list vendors who don't comprehend hyphenated last names.
Age: By November of next year (or the year after, depending on interpretation) I will no longer be trustworthy.
Age you act: Early twentysomething. I'll probably never catch up to my actual physical age.
Sex: F, although my ID says otherwise (see warnings below)
Where you live: Upper Arlington, OH; renting rooms from my parents (it's cheaper and safer than, say, an apartment in Linden or something). Contrary to lies and slander regularly spread by JACKETfan, I do not nor have I ever lived in my parents' basement. (The basement of an extra property owned by my grandparents that needed a caretaker, on the other hand...)
Where you were born: Columbus, OH, at tOSU.
Where you used to live: Reynoldsburg, OH, and Bowling Green, OH - was at BGSU for a year and a half.
Nationality: 1/5 German Jew, 1/5 other German, 1/5 English, 1/5 Something From That Madness Zone South Of The Baltic (probably Polish or Russian), 1/5 random other. Vast majority of those are from the great immigration period prior to WWI, although there's a few here and there who've been here since the beginning (such as one Hessian soldier shipped over here by the British during the Revolutionary War who decided to stay). My father really gets into this stuff, so I get to hear a lot about it.
Height: I insist on listing myself at 5'11".
Weight: Heavier than I actually look, and I look very heavy. I really should do something about that sometime.
Mode of Transportation: 2004 Buick LeSabre, name of "DanV" (Fifth 'Dan', after three other close friends I know from all over the place (Cincinnati, Seattle, and Windsor) plus a fourth guy in Vancouver who's been named the honorary fourth). CBJ license plate - new logo, not the original, as I couldn't afford it back then.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): I am built like a D&D dwarf with a case of gigantism. Also, in the RBar, I'd be the one flinching every time someone takes a drink. (See warnings below.)
Job: General support staff at my Temple. I handle all the geek stuff - fix and set up computers, network and server maintenance, make and enter deposits, collate and report payroll, assemble and print newsletter, create and update website, print and deliver membership cards, print and deliver membership directory, et cetera et cetera et cetera. Or, as I've sometimes put it, "A/R, A/P, HR, and IT". I'd get better pay managing a Wendy's, but I like it here for some reason.

How you became a Jackets fan: The complete story is here, but for the most part it was due to listening to George Matthews on CD101 on long evening trips to and from Washington Court House. Never been hooked on anything so quickly in my life.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: In addition to my usual title of being the Computer Person, I am now officially the Hockey Geek in the localities in which I roam. I scare people.
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Like so many others, Google search did the trick. And I like having fans of all teams in the NHL in one convenient space; it makes it easier to join forces with others against the morons.
Favorite Jackets player: Umberger and Vermette - both predating their tenures in union blue. Watching them play on a line together and have instant chemistry was beyond awesome. The second line pwns all.
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): So many of my old heroes have either depressed me (Heatley and Zherdev), left the NHL (Norrena), or joined the Jackets and thus become ineligible for this category (Umberger and Vermette). But Ty Conklin still occupies a special, inexplicable place in my heart. And I kind of miss Pazzy, so I'll be watching him this year. And any goaltender that knows how to move the puck is officially awesome.
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Officially speaking, I'm barred from doing so, because nearly everyone else I know is a Red Wings or Predators fan. Unofficially speaking... well, when the Preds do well, it makes it that much more satisfying when we kick their *****. And I'm a bit fond of the Sharks, the Senators are pretty nifty, and the Oilers might be OK now that they've kicked that ******* Roloson to the curb. And any team that normally gets targeted by the "they don't DESERVE hockey" crowd usually gets my support.
Fav teams in other sports: Third-generation Buckeye Football fan, and I'm finally starting to get into Crew soccer (altho I still can't stand the EPL). (Regionalist? Me? What gives you that idea?)
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Nothing really qualifies, really.
Section you usually sit in: "Usually" implies regular attendance. I can't afford to go to games that often. But it's always been upper bowl.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: I endeavor to always be in the Live Chat room. I've yet to pull this off during a game, but I will someday.

Music You Claim to Listen To: A whole hell of a lot of Canadian Indie Rock bands, as I have a friend (the aforementioned Honorary Fourth Dan) who regularly provides me with new ones. That and most things that might pop up on CD101.
Music You Actually Listen to: The aforementioned, plus bits and pieces of country, classical, some chiptune stuff, some prog rock (especially instrumentals), some strange world music, some fusions of the above (I love Dead Can Dance, if ever you've heard of them)... just about anything that doesn't involve repeating the same 20-30 seconds of backing track over and over and over.
Video Game Systems and Favorite Games: We own a Wii, although I hardly ever do anything with it. I had my heart broken by Secret of Evermore and may never truly love again.
Favorite Movie(s): Shawshank Redemption for audacity, Twelve Monkeys for braintwist, The Princess Bride for awesome, Munich for soulsearching, and The Fifth Element for shiiiiny.
Favorite TV Show(s): Generally, if it's not the NHL or NCAA football, I don't bother watching anymore. I've gotten too used to everything I enjoy either being cancelled or jumping the shark shortly thereafter.
Favorite Food(s): Just about anything with chicken is good. Cashew Chicken, Chicken Marsala, Chicken Parmesan, fried chicken, grilled chicken... omnomnomnomnomnom
Pets You Share Your Household With: My brother and sister-in-law have a cat who visits so often that Mom and Dad like to refer to him as their "grandcat", but otherwise we have no fuzzy critters here as yet.
Pirate or Ninja: ARR.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: Still a geek, still a transsexual, still a furry, still a teetotaler and almost but not quite modern temperance advocate. (Helpful warning: if you hear me using phrases like "purveyors of sin and vice", "the demon rum", or "devil water", or if I ever refer to any place as a "speakeasy", I'm joking. Really. ) I try to be pretty normal otherwise, despite having so little to work with in that area. I consider one of my largest life principles to be "Someday we'll all look back on this and laugh."
Also, I tend to ramble sometimes. But you probably already figured that out if you made it this far.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 12:23 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Name: Cyrus
Nickname: Cydawg
Age you act: 18
Sex: Yes, erm, Male
Where you live: Gahanna
Where you were born: Tarzana, CA
Where you used to live: Westerville, Encino CA
Nationality: USA! USA!
Height: 5'10"
Weight: Too much
Mode of Transportation: '98 Subaru Outback Sport
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): Um...I'd probably be one of the few there in a Chimera jersey.
Job: Middleware Consultant

How you became a Jackets fan: Columbus got a team. Simple as that.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Big time. My boss has yelled at me multiple times for posting on HF/reading Puck Rakers/reading TSN
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: I found HFBoards from a post on Arace's blog. I have no idea why I'm still here.
Favorite Jackets player: Was Chimera but now it's Voracek
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): All Time: Mario Lemieux, Current: Mike Richards
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Kings, Senators, Flyers, anyone playing Detroit or the Rangers
Fav teams in other sports:
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: A Blue Jackets Putter (thanks, AG!)
Section you usually sit in: Don't have a regular section, I move around a lot.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: Don't really have any except wearing a jersey to the game. I HAVE to do that.

Music You Claim to Listen To: Metal, classic rock
Music You Actually Listen to: Metal, classic rock
Favorite Movie(s): The Usual Suspects, new Star Trek
Favorite TV Show(s): The Office, 24, Smallville
Favorite Food(s): Mexican, Italian
Pets You Share Your Household With: Don't have any
Pirate or Ninja: Ninja (I'm actually right behind you as you're reading this).
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: What would be the fun in TELLING you stuff like that?

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Here's what I posted in this thread 3 1/2 years ago. I'm a little older, a little lighter and I've changed a couple things where necessary (i.e. Vyborny no longer my favorite CBJ player -- now own a Wii system -- that sort of thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Name: Jim
Birthplace: Pittsburgh
Hometown: Ostrander
Nationality: hereditarily-speaking -- German, British Isles, Native American
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 205
Hair Color: light brown
Eye Color: blue
Mode of Transportation: F-150 Supercab
Job: media hack
How you became a Jackets' fan: lifelong hockey fan, adopted the CBJ the moment they were announced
Favorite Jackets' Player: Jake Voracek, Antoine Vermette (ever -- David Vyborny)
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Martin Brodeur, Brendan Morrow, Jason Arnott, Pens of my choice, (historically) Jim Rutherford, Steve Shutt & of course #66
College Attended/Attending: Otterbein College
Video Game Systems Owned: Wii
Favorite Game: Mario Kart (nothing like outracing the 11-year-old)
Music You Listen Too: Styx, Yes, Kansas, Marillion, Rush, Queen, Dream Theater, Queensryche, Toad, Coheed, Mae, Bela Fleck, John Denver, Lynn Miles, Third Day, Caedmon’s Call, Jeff Black (how much time do you have?)
Favorite Movie (s): Caddyshack, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Babe
Favorite Book: LOTR
Favorite Food: steak & beer
Favorite TV Show: current -- Lost, How I Met Your Mother; ever -- Scrubs, Barney Miller, St. Elsewhere
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: white original CBJ, black Chill, #29 Potvin royal blue Leafs, white Pens
Anything Else: Husband, Father
And some stuff from the new info list:

How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: I'm a glutton for punishment
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Pens, Leafs, Preds
Fav teams in other sports: Steelers (I guess I don't really follow other team sports)

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassé: 09-08-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Porkopolis

Name: Michael
Birthplace: Parkersburg, WV
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Nationality: English with a touch of German
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 185 lb.
Hair Color: Blonde
Mode of Transportation: 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer
Job: Musician
How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up as a Pens fan, cheered for Boston for a bit, but finally converted full on to the CBJ
Favorite Jackets' Player: Rick Nash
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Jordan Sigalet (due to personal connection)
College Attended/Attending: Marshall (B.A.) and Xavier (M.Ed.)
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3, Wii and 360 that just got RROD
Favorite Game(s): NHL (@K and EA),
MUSICYou Listen Too: Rock and classical.
Favorite Movie (s): Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Favorite Food: Thai and Mexican
Favorite TV Show: Torchwood, Weeds, The Office and Lost
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Too many to list
Anything Else: Keep the Jackets in Columbus where they belong!

Porkopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 12:53 PM
CBJFan827

Name: Ryan
Nickname: don't really have one
Age you act: Depends on the day: sometimes 15, sometimes 43.
Sex: male
Where you live: Marysville, OH for another week--then I'm off to college in Philadelpha
Where you were born: Hartford, CT
Where you used to live: Hartford, Louisville, KY,and Pittsburgh, PA.
Nationality: I'm Caucasian American.
Height: 5'11''ish
Weight: I'm not quite sure. Heavier than I should be.
Mode of Transportation: My own two feet.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): You're not going to see me in RBar, but if I showed up I'd probably be the only guy there with a #20 white Voracek jersey.
Job: Full-time student

How you became a Jackets fan: It just sort of happened when we moved here. I really got into hockey just before the lockout. We discovered hockey when living in Pittsburgh during the last days of Lemieux and Jagr together.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: I'm hoping to get a co-op job with the Jackets next fall if at all possible (majoring in Sport Management). I check these boards, along with TSN, ESPN, PuckRakers, etc etc nonstop.
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: I don't know how I found it, but I'm surrounded with other Jacket fanatics who have a variety of opinions. It's fun, and it keeps me informed.
Favorite Jackets player: Jakub Voracek
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Jonathan Toews, Bobby Orr
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Bruins, Capitals, Flyers.
Fav teams in other sports: Michigan Wolverines, Kentucky Wildcats, Jacksonville Jaguars, Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I don't really think I have anything like this.
Section you usually sit in: 201
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: No rituals have really stuck for me ever. We go by the "if you walk in the room and the other team scores, get the hell out. NOW." doctrine, though.

Music You Claim to Listen To: A mix of rock from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s, showtunes (mostly the more modern shows), and other random stuff.
Music You Actually Listen to: Pretty much the aforementioned, but it's not as well mixed as it could be. It changes from day to day what I'm listening to.
Favorite Movie(s): Miracle, The Mighty Ducks trio, Monty Python (all three of them), Transformers, The Dark Knight, and some old Disney movies--Great Mouse Detective at the head. (I know I'm lame.)
Favorite TV Show(s): House, Good Eats, Guy Fieri's menagerie of shows, Mental, Scrubs, MP's Flying Circus.
Favorite Food(s): Potatoes, chicken parm, cheesecake.
Pets You Share Your Household With: Two golden retrievers.
Pirate or Ninja: Ninjas, duh.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I'm a schwee bit opinionated and violently hateful toward many pro/college teams (the short list includes the Wings, Preds, Duke, UNC, Louisville, Notre Dame, OSU, Lakers, Colts, Steelers, Pistons, Titans, etc etc etc). I also can ramble at times.

CBJFan827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 01:52 PM
SnygGo

Send a message via MSN to SnygGo Send a message via Yahoo to SnygGo Send a message via Skype™ to SnygGo
Name: Robin
Nickname: SnygGo, I've only got a nickname online, IRL I'm just called Robin, which is a shame, but I've never came up with a great nickname for "Robin". Maybe you guys can?
Age you act: 20ich
Sex: Male
Where you live: Sundsvall, Sweden
Where you were born: Sundsvall, Sweden
Nationality: Swede
Height: Don't really know my height in feet, in Sweden we meassure the height in meters, and I'm around 1,8 meters
Weight: About 65 kg.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I'd be wearing my Russell away jersey, and i'd be talking with my swedish accent, that's disappearing more and more.
Job: I've just began my senior year studying Tourism in High School, don't really know why I chosed to study that, it just happened. But my dream is still to go to the States and go to college, maybe somewhere on the west coast, and after that hopefully stay there and start a sportsbar or something.

How you became a Jackets fan: Well, I had been watching NHL from time to time all my youth, and then aroung 2005(?) I think, I was determined to start to root for a team. And I remember a morning before school, I watched the nights highlights from a couple of games, and I saw Zherdev's end-to-end goal against Chicago. I took that as a sign, so here I am 4 years later and the Jackets are one of the most important things in my life right now.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Don't really know, but my friends are getting pretty tired of me plattering about the Jackets all day long.
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Found it through Google as almost everybody else i guess. I usually just lurk through the forum, but sometimes I just have to post, I'll try to post more this year.
Favorite Jackets player: That would be Brassard, he's just amazing to watch, we'll just hope that he stays out of the fights this year.
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Zach Parise.
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: wow, hard question, I don't really know, maybe some team on the west coast cause I'll probably be heading there, so I'll say the Kings.
Fav teams in other sports: Tottenham Hotspur, and Malmö Redhawks here in Sweden.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I don't think I have one of those, maybe the clock I got with the Jackets logo on it. Just because it has never worked, but it has been hanging there on the wall for a couple of years now.
Section you usually sit in: Oh I wish I had a answer for this question, hopefully in the future
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: I usually play a few games on the Xbox before the game, and when it's gametime I put on my Russell jersey!
Music You Actually Listen to: Punk/rock, got lots of favourite bands but the absolute favourite must be Sum 41, hands down.
Favorite Movie(s): The American Pie movies comes to mind.
Favorite TV Show(s): Entourage, Band of brothers, The war at home, friends, Lost.
Favorite Food(s): Pancakes and waffles for the win!
Pets You Share Your Household With: One border collie.
Pirate or Ninja: This discussion is actually in a movie I just watched, It's called Sydney White, and they decided that a Pirate combined with a ninja would be the coolest thing ever!
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I tend to get very very intensed during the games.

SnygGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 04:55 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Name: Don
Nickname: pete goegan
Age you act: 61
Sex: male
Where you live: Clintonville (part of Columbus, for the out-of-towners)
Where you were born: Steubenville, OH
Where you used to live: Oxford, OH, then many years near OSU campus
Nationality: Italian
Height: 6'
Weight: 225lbs
Mode of Transportation: BMW Z3 roadster
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): I suppose I look a bit younger than I am and I'm usually with my pretty, blond wife who wears an Italian Olympic hockey jersey.
job: retired petty bureaucrat
How you became a Jackets fan: team came to town
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: I'm here often enough, aren't I?
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: I think someone on Metro mentioned it
Favorite Jackets player: All-time: Knudsen & Vyborny
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: soft spot for the Pens and Canadians
Fav teams in other sports: Cleveland teams, OSU, Steubenville Big Red
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: CBJ license plate
Section you usually sit in: 118
Music You Claim to Listen To: everything
Music You Actually Listen to: classical, blues, jazz, opera (stuff that's easy to listen to while reading and watching sports on TV)
Favorite Movie(s): nothing too recent - Usual Suspects, old Bogie/Bacall, Fred & Ginger
Favorite TV Show(s): crime procedurals, Food & HGTV filler, Big Bang, Burn Notice
Favorite Food(s): Too many
Pets You Share Your Household With: fish in a pond (require NO care!)
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: My life? Maybe. But I have no idea what the meaning of your life might be!

I live by the teachings of two great philosophers:

Doris Day - Que sera, sera.
Bette Middler - ****'m if they can't take a joke!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 05:13 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Name: Josh
Nickname: N/A
Age you act: 30
Where you live: Zanesville, OH (home)/Fairborn, OH (school)
Where you were born: Columbus, OH
Where you used to live: Zanesville
Nationality: American (half-German, half-English)
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 135
Mode of Transportation: Volvo, though I'm thinking of using a Cessna 172 to get to some games.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): I'm 21 and freakin' short.
Job: Student

How you became a Jackets fan: Went to my first game in 05-06, was hooked.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: 100%
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Found it on Google, liked the level of activity. Addiction keeps me posting here. It's tough, but I need my constant source of factual, rumor-based, random, and sometimes oddball hockey blather to keep me sane.
Favorite Jackets player: Kristian Huselius, Derick Brassard, Steve Mason
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Jason Williams, Sergei Fedorov, Marty Turco, Alex Ovechkin
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Tampa, Pittsburgh, Washington
Fav teams in other sports: OSU (NCAA football), Jeff Gordon/Tony Stewart (NASCAR), SunTrust Racing (Rolex Sports Car Series)
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I still have the leaflets warning of the newly installed cannon from Opening Night 07-08.
Section you usually sit in: Upper bowl, along the sides.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: Machinehead must be played in my car.

Music You Claim to Listen To: Classic rock, Rock, jazz, hip hop, R&B.
Music You Actually Listen to: Same as above.
Favorite Movie(s): Ronin, Super Troopers, Formula 51, Pulp Fiction, Generation Kill (mini-series that's closer to a movie than TV show)
Favorite TV Show(s): South Park, Family Guy, Cash Cab, Deadliest Catch
Favorite Food(s): Steak, Doritos, Vanilla Ice Cream
Pets You Share Your Household With: None in Fairborn, 2 dogs, 2 cats in Zanesville
Pirate or Ninja: Do what now?
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I may be looking to bum a ride from CMH or Ohio State Airport at some point during the season. I need to build time for my Instrument rating, and am strongly considering flying from Dayton to Columbus for a CBJ game to knock out a couple hours. (See Cessna reference above).

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 06:46 PM
BlueJackets39

Send a message via AIM to BlueJackets39
Can't remember if I've done one of these before. Oh well. New season...why not update.

Name: Alex
Nickname: A-Mac, Macs
Age you act: 20-ish
Where you live: Hamilton, Ohio
Where you were born: Hamilton, Ohio
Where you used to live: Never moved out of Hamilton...yet.
Nationality: American
Height: 5'8
Weight: 175
Mode of Transportation:1998 Honda Accord with Jackets' plates "HCKY39"
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): Sideburns, perhaps
Job: Production Assistant at WLWT-TV in Cincinnati, Ohio. Junior at Miami University.

How you became a Jackets fan: Always loved college hockey and just switched on the Jackets' sometime in 2005. Hooked ever since.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: I'd give it 10 stars out of 5. The logo will soon be tattooed somewhere on my arm.
Favorite Jackets player: Antoine Vermette
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Dan Boyle, Ryan Jones
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Really?
Favorite teams in other sports: Anything Miami University
Section you usually sit in: Anywhere
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: Nothing as of yet.

Music You Actually Listen to: Silversun Pickups, Killswitch Engage, Trapt, AC/DC, Shinedown, Rise Against, Manchester Orchestra. Lots more...very eclectic taste.
Favorite Movie(s): Wouldn't say I have a "favorite." Just too many that I really like. The Dark Knight is probably tops on my list from the last year or so.
Favorite TV Show(s): Anything on NHL Network, The First 48, Family Guy, Seinfeld, Dexter, Trailer Park Boys, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Favorite Food(s): BBQ, Skyline Chili, Italian, Mexican. Chinese. Hard to pick.
Pets You Share Your Household With: A cat, Killian
Pirate or Ninja: Hmm. Tough choice here. How about a ninja with a wooden leg?
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: The CBJ pretty much rules my life. I daydream about living in Columbus and going to Jackets' games (future STH) after work. Hope to fulfill these dreams post-college. I have another weird hope for my future...that I date/hopefully marry a girl that is down for going to the R-Bar before/after games and is as obsessed with the CBJ as I am. Weird, I know. I love everything about the city. Currently, I work in Television (sucks, don't ever get into it) and am pursuing a BS at Miami in Kinesiology & Health. Nice to "meet" everyone! Go Jackets!

Last edited by BlueJackets39: 09-09-2009 at 07:04 PM.
BlueJackets39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Jimayo

Name: Denny
Birthplace: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Hometown: Same
Nationality: Canadian
Height: 6'
Weight: 235
Mode of Transportation: '01 Buick Century
Job: Technically I'm a security guard, but what I really do is play video games and collect a paycheque.
How you became a Jackets' fan: Zherdev. Reminded me of Bure.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Voracek
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Currently Crosby. All-time Bure.
College Attended: LSSU
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): Romance of the Three Kingdoms(the strategy ones, not the role-playing ones), Destiny of an Emperor and the Dragon Quest/Warrior series.
Music You Listen Too: Mostly Rock. All kinds of rock.
Favorite Movie (s): The Dark Knight
Favorite Food: Burgers and Dogs cooked on an open flame.
Favorite TV Show: House.
Pets You Share Your Household With: A Cockatiel, salamander
Pirate or Ninja: Stop Global Warming. Become a Pirate.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Jackets, Nucks and a signed Marty Turco(obviously not wearing that one).
Anything Else: History Buff I guess.

Jimayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:28 AM
bluejacketsbabe161

Send a message via AIM to bluejacketsbabe161 Send a message via Yahoo to bluejacketsbabe161
Eh, I'm bored, so I'll do the new-ish version. Need to pass the time until preseason starts...

Name: Kayleigh
Nickname: Kay/Kays most often.
Age you act: Depending on who I am around, it can range from 17-25.
Sex: Female
Where you live: Hilliard, Ohio
Where you were born: Columbus, Ohio
Where you used to live: Fairborn.
Nationality: American (German, Irish,and Dutch)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: More than I'd like.
Mode of Transportation: Chevy Cavalier.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): Pretty face with a chubby waist, haha. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Cute as a button.
Job: Hostess/Server at a restaurant in the AD and maid of the apartment.

How you became a Jackets fan: My dad and I went to Chill games when I was younger, but I was not really sure of what was going on. Then the CBJ came. My first Jackets game we went to, we helped with a promotion on the ice with some cars with people my dad knew. I was hooked from that day forward.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: I'm here aren't I? I'd say it's my obsession... my husband and I actually got married on the ice before a Jackets/Oilers game, if that's any indication.
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: A few of my friends post on here and were telling me about it, so I thought I'd check it out.
Favorite Jackets player: Nash, Dorsett, and Picard.
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Manny Legace, Ryan Miller, Mike Modano, and P. Kaaaaane.
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: The Oilers and Blackhawks.
Fav teams in other sports: There are other sports? Just kidding... but I honestly don't watch many other sports. Although I do cheer for the Dodgers in baseball. That's about it, though.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: HA! A long time ago I had a small Care Bear signed by Nash and Zherdev, since I loved them both. I have no idea where that thing is now, though.
Section you usually sit in: 211, however we usually just get Rush tickets anymore.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: If I go to a game and the CBJ win, I HAVE to wear that to the next game I go to.

Music You Claim to Listen To: See below.
Music You Actually Listen to: The Beatles, David Cook, Keith Urban, Queen, Fall Out Boy, Elton John, Bob Seger, Taylor Swift, Michael Bublé, and so many more.
Favorite Movie(s): 10 Things I Hate About You, Sixteen Candles, Dogma, Clerks 2, Forrest Gump, The Blues Brothers, Almost Famous, My Best Friend's Wedding, Saved!, Miracle, Walk The Line, 17 Again, Can't Hardly Wait, That Thing You Do!, and then some.
Favorite TV Show(s): NCIS, Arrested Development, Scrubs, Royal Pains, My Boys, and Family Guy.
Favorite Food(s): Chicken Parmesan, my dad's steak and my mom's chicken and rice. Oh, and Oatmeal Cookie Chunk ice cream. Mmmmmm.
Pets You Share Your Household With: Mishka, the Russian ninja disguised as a boxer mix.
Pirate or Ninja: As you may have guessed from the answer above, ninja.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I can swear like a sailor when I'm angry. I am pretty opinionated - not that I don't accept others opinions, but I'll argue until I'm blue in the face over something I'm passionate about (this, of course, includes anything related to hockey).

bluejacketsbabe161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2009, 12:29 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Name: Dan
Nickname:fox2usp
Age you act: Professionally 43, all other times 12
Sex: If she is willing
Where you live: Circleville
Where you were born: Clinton, IA
Where you used to live: Big Island, HI
Nationality: Red Blooded American of Irish Descent
Height:5'6"
Weight:195
Mode of Transportation: '91 Toyota Celica (380,000 miles!), F-350
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): The only short guy in the place drinking an O'Douls
Job: Helicopter Pilot, 3 yrs. of tours in Hawaii was enough. Got tired of watching CBJ games at 1pm. Moved back home at the first of the year. Do aerial utility work now, mostly with the Electrical Utility companies.
How you became a Jackets fan: Former Chill fan. Very good friend works within the organization. Through him got to see my first game in the Nati. Been hooked every since.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Wifey says I'm obsessed.
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Same friend introduced me to the boards and as you know, it is addictive.
Favorite Jackets player: Jan Hedja
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Duncan Keith
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: always the underdog and anybody playing the Red Wangs.
Fav teams in other sports: Buckeyes
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: JHM Hat. Special because of how much I appreciate the man.
Section you usually sit in: 108
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: Wearing a jersey is bad luck. Team looses when I wear one.
Music You Claim to Listen To: Rock
Music You Actually Listen to: Anything except Hip Hop or Rap
Favorite Movie(s): The Whole Nine Yards, Step Brothers, Mystery,Alaska
Favorite TV Show(s): History Channel
Favorite Food(s): Sports Bar Menu
Pets You Share Your Household With: Yellow Labs
Pirate or Ninja: Pirate
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I have no tolerance for attempt / act of placing cephalopod mollusc on the ice in OUR house. Do not EVER disrespect the house of McConnell. Violators must be pummled.

Last edited by fox2usp: 09-18-2010 at 09:53 PM.
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 12:52 AM
CzechMate93

Name: Liz
Nickname: Busy Bee/Biz most often.
Age you act: Yeah, that can range pretty wide!
Sex: Female
Where you live: Clintonville, Ohio
Where you were born: Columbus, Ohio
Where you used to live: Beavercreek, OH, around Columbus and Bonn, Germany & Chemnitz, Germany
Nationality: Slavic heritage
Height: 5'2"
Weight: Like I'd post that!
Mode of Transportation: VW Golf
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): Short and feisty sometimes.
Job: Work for a utility company near the AD.
How you became a Jackets fan: Won tix from work right after the lock out and got hooked right then! Really got into the Olympic hockey around then, too.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Pretty high - I'm quite obsessed!
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: My friend told me about it and I've been coming back since.
Favorite Jackets player: Commie
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Ovie
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Capitals mostly
Fav teams in other sports: Indians, Cavs, Columbus Crew
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I'm not telling that either.
Section you usually sit in: Have a 10 pack in section 214. And wherever else I get tickets.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: R Bar before - and usually after. Must wear something CBJ and if they win, have to wear it again and again until they don't win when I'm there.
Music You Claim to Listen To: The Kooks, the Killers, the Kings of Leon, Jack Johnson, Coldplay, etc.
Music You Actually Listen to: Same that I claim to listen to.
Favorite Movie(s): Fever Pitch, Good Will Hunting, Love Actually
Favorite TV Show(s): Jeopardy, Top Chef, My Boys
Favorite Food(s): Mexican, Italian, Thai
Pets You Share Your Household With: My roommate's cat, Sasha. Lucy is my baby girl though, but resides at my mom's house (an 11 year old husky/shepherd mix)
Pirate or Ninja: Well, I do have a pirate on my shirt that I'm wearing, so I'll say pirate. Ask me to tell you my favorite pirate joke!
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: Might hug opposing teams fans before game, but fight them later.[/QUOTE]

CzechMate93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 01:11 AM
xJarod

Send a message via AIM to xJarod
I'll re-do this as well.

Name: Jarod
Nickname: Jay-rod
Age you act: 18
Where you live: Whitehall, OH
Where you were born: Columbus, OH
Where you used to live: Still live in the same area
Nationality: Amerrrrrican, French, Hungarian, Irish
Height: 5'11
Weight: 160lbs
Mode of Transportation: 2006 Black Ford Focus
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): I look younger than 18 and my hair is kind of long, not too long, but I don't even think I'm old enough to get into the Rbar so you don't have to worry about that.
job: Bagger at Kroger, fml
How you became a Jackets fan: Went to a game and got hooked their 2nd or 3rd season
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Very obsessed, about 12 jerseys, countless time spent looking at blogs, etc
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Someone at one of the games was talking about this
Favorite Jackets player: Filatov
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: N/A
Fav teams in other sports: Philadelphia Eagles are alright, Cavs sometimes
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: 12 jerseys
Section you usually sit in: 104
Music You Claim to Listen To: Rock, Punk rock, Power Pop, some hip hop
Music You Actually Listen to: Rock, Punk rock, Power Pop, some hip hop
Favorite Movie(s): Adam Sandler movies, or Will Ferrel; Step Brothersss
Favorite TV Show(s): South Park
Favorite Food(s): I love italian food, orange chicken is awesome too
Pets You Share Your Household With: 3 cats :\
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I am also obsessed with video games

xJarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 02:19 AM
georgiabluejacket

Name: Shawn
Nickname: Was once known as Mustard
Age you act: I'm pretty loyal to me age, except when I'm busting out my ninja dance moves
Where you live: Springfield, GA(outside Savannah)
Where you were born: Heath, Ohio
Where you used to live: Heath, Ohio. Bowling Green, Ohio, Warner Robins GA, Port Huron, MI
Nationality: American (Scottish & Euro mutt)
Height: 6'1"
Weight: Haven't weighed myself in years.
Mode of Transportation: Chevy Blazer.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): Well you probably won't ever see me at the Rbar, but I always have a hat on
Job: Federal Law Officer
How you became a Jackets fan: I feel in love with hockey about '94 then my home town(well 30 miles away) got a team. Ohio pride baby!
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: I've spent about a new cars worth(a REALLY nice one) on cards, hats, jerseys, etc. Of course I've done that for OSU, Browns, & Reds too. Ohio pride baby!
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: I'm in Georgia, where the crap else am I gonna get my hockey talk?
Favorite Jackets player: Klesla, Nash, John Moore(I see him as our Lidstrom, don't know why)
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Not currently, but I LOVED Forsberg back when he was with the Avs
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For:Thrashers, but their fans talk so much S#%t. What is it with southerners and their non stop smack talking about their teams?
Fav teams in other sports: There are other sports? Reds, Browns, Crew, tOSU, Cavs
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Oh man, Umm I got a Sanderson jersey that the day after I got it he was traded. Still haven't worn the thing. Of course I did try to buy a Foote jersey, but the Blueline didn't have any. A month later he left
Section you usually sit in:Only been to the N-wide twice. Once in nose bleeds, once 7 rows back in the corner.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: Usually wear a jersey or shirt when I watch the games
Music You Claim to Listen To: I listen to the tunes of my day
Music You Actually Listen to: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, DMB, Weezer, Johnny Cash
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars(all 6), Godfather, Fanboys, Zac & Miri, Dark Knight
Favorite TV Show(s): CSI, Smallville, Chuck, Family Guy, Cold Case.
Favorite Food(s): Steak, wings, ribs, carrot cake, Zaxby's chicken(if you don't know, you really need to ask somebody).
Pets You Share Your Household With: Jack(my beagle/terrier) & Petey(my girls Am. bulldog/boxer)
Pirate or Ninja: I have to go with Pirate, cause I'm not coordinated enough to be a ninja
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I take my sports to seriously, have been getting better lately though

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 02:48 AM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
I guess I'll do a new version of myself
Name: Stacey
Birthplace: Pathetic, I don't even know. Either Vancouver or North Vancouver.
Hometown: North Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Nationality: Japanese/Canadian. Canadian born but both parents were born in Japan.
Height: 5'5ish"
Weight: -147ish
Hair Color: Black
Mode of Transportation: bus or friends gives me rides when we go out.
Job: Kitchen Restaurant
How you became a Jackets' fan: Well Oilers are my team but my fav player is Nash. Before I just cheered for Nash but didn't care about the team. One day I figured I might as well cheer for the team because Nash is on it. Finally I decided that I would have another favourite team.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Nash,Boll, and Norrena
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Franzen, Norrena. I have alot of other players I like but I only count those players as favourites.
Video Game Systems Owned: PS1, Nintendo, Sega Genisis, PS2 and XBOX360 but only use the XBOX
Favorite Game(s): Any hockey game. NHK2k9 was good, I heard it had a great player on the cover
Music You Listen Too: PUNK/METAL/COUNTRY/JPOP/JROCK/1 Classical/opera type artist
Favorite Movie (s): The Fan, Mothman prophecies,Blood Diamond,Catch a Fire,Hotel Rwanda,Last King of Scotland,The Life of David Gale, City of God
Favorite Food: Seafood or italian/japanese/North American
Favorite TV Show: Dexter, The Wire, Without a Trace, Real World, some shows on ABC Primetime such as What would you Do and Crime. Survivor,Big Brother, Amazing Race, basicall9 90% of reality shows.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Nash Away w/C. Nash home w/A, Nash Home w/ A but the old jersey, Nash Canada, Pronger home Oilers,Smyth Oilers old 3rd jersey, couple of old Oilers jerseythat are to big and Mike York old away Oilers jersey.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Name:Melinda
Nickname:Mel, Sissy
Age you act:35
Sex:f
Where you live:GroveCity
Where you were born:Rhode Island
Where you used to live:Rhode Island, Florida, South Carolina
Nationality:Mixed mutt
Height:5'2
Weight:Move to love
Mode of Transportation:Cota or Family have no car when mine died I didnt replace it saw no need
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you):Pascal Jersey Yes I will forever love Pascal
Job:Server.. and I hate people well not really just somedays

How you became a Jackets fan:Needed something to do with my free time when my brother quit playing ball
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you:Defiine Whacket Job
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here:Google and I am a glutton for punishment
Favorite Jackets player:Chimmers and Nikita
Favorite non-Jackets player(s):PASCAL !!!!!!!!
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For:Sharks
Fav teams in other sports:MLB: Yankees 24 yrs NFL: Bears 25 yrs NCAA Michigan 24 yrs ( yes I hate that coach also MLS: Crew NBA Cavs I think that covers it , Once I become a fan I stay a fan ...
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own:I dunno if I could call anything I have Obsessive ..But I do have a Game Used Pascal Stick ..
Section you usually sit in:210 Baby!!!!!
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game:Umm Same Jersey if we win different one if we lose and always wear my RBar Wings Suck shirt against Detriot

Music You Claim to Listen To:Pretty Much anything
Music You Actually Listen to:From Alan Jackson to Nine inch Nails and a lot of other stuff
Favorite Movie(s):Shawshank Redemption , Lion King
Favorite TV Show(s):CSI ( all 30 ) , Criminal Minds , Bones , The Mentalist , Cake Boss, Law and Order CI and SVU, Survivor, Amazing Race,Top Chef Dinner Impossible...I could go on but I am sure you can figure out what other shows I like
Favorite Food(s):Humm Good ones
Pets You Share Your Household With:Frosty Leclaire , Nikita Boheme and Yoda sometimes just one name is enough
Pirate or Ninja: Wizards
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you:I can be your best friend or your worst enemy

Old
09-12-2009, 09:52 AM
forty_three

Sure, again.

Name: Patrick
Nickname: 43, Weirdo
Age you act: Unfortunately, I have to pretty much act my age. But I do enjoy times when no ones looking and I can be a kid again.
Where you live: Westerville
Where you were born: Bawlmer, Merlin
Where you used to live: Suburban Bawlmer
Nationality: The people I work with seem to think I am Canadian. I've never corrected them.
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 240ish
Mode of Transportation: The everlasting VW. 170k and still going string.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): I would probably be in a Senators jersey with a big red X over the crest. Likely would be playing poker on my Smart Phone. I have fantastic hair.
Job: Network security geek.

How you became a Jackets fan: Actually a (recovering) Sens fan. Have some invisible friends (they're real you just can't see them) from a different Message board who are Jackets fans. Always like the team and fans. Moved to Columbus a year and a half ago and as my Sens implode around themselves (and since two of my faves are here now), the transformation is almost complete. Once they trade Heatley and/or leave Alfredsson captain, they can eat my shorts.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Jackets specific, above average. But I am a hockey nut. Started playing when I was 5 and outside my brief foray into BMX, it's the only sport that has ever mattered to me. Well, and golf.
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: I don't post here much. Especially on the Sens board because if I state my true opinion, the Sens fans get all twitchy and order me to say seven Hail Alfies.
Favorite Jackets player: Mason, Nash, Umbergler, Vermette, Commodore. In fact, I'd love to find out where Commo hangs out so I can ask him if the locker room in Ottawa really sucks as bad as it appears to. I am just afraid that if I identify myself as a Sens fan, that he will knock my teeth out.
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Heatley, Iginla, Chara
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Everyone except the Rangers.
Fav teams in other sports: Colts, Orioles, anyone who beats the Ravens.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I have a Blue Jackets lunch box.
Section you usually sit in: I was all over the place last season trying to find a spot I liked. And except for the drunk guy who fell on my daughter during the "Spandex Bimbo Pizza Toss" I always had a great time.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: I am a goalie, and my superstitions are beyond normal.I couldn't possibly list them all.

Music You Claim to Listen To: Anything
Music You Actually Listen to: I REALLY like CD101.
Favorite Movie(s): Shawshank Redemption, Quiz Show, Miracle
Favorite TV Show(s): Top Gear, The Office, Hockey Night in Canada
Favorite Food(s): Pizza, Mexican, Steak. And just about every wing joint suggested by the good people here.
Pets You Share Your Household With: Two of the dumbest cats ever known to man.
Pirate or Ninja: I have a nametag from an Info Security Summit that a peer customized with the phrase "Packet Ninja". I always felt more Pirate though.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I have, on occasion, tailgated people so aggressively that that started to cry. I'm not proud. But I'm usually not late either.

forty_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 07:39 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Name: Daniel
Dont have a nickname
Age you act: I dont think thats up to me to decide
Where you live: Dublin, OH
Where you were born: San Diego, CA
Where you used to live: Only lived in Dublin and San Diego
Nationality: American and pretty much European Heritage
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 145 last i checked
Mode of transportation: old Volvo
Job: Part time Ref.....ya i know
How I became a Jackets fan: Went to my first game when we lost to the Oil 3-0 and fell in love with the sport
How much of a Jacket-whacket job are you: Umm well I post here occasionally. Probably not as much as others here
How I found HF: looked up Jake Voracek to see his stats and this was at the top of the list.
Fave Jacket: Brassard
Fave non Jackets player: Malkin
Other teams I can root for: I guess any team i dont care about
Fav teams in other sports: Reds, Cavs, Bengals
Strangest Jacket object i own: nothing too strange i dont think
Section I sit in: 214 i like the high seats
Ritual before game: See the lineup on Puck Rakers
Music: Rock and Alternative
Fave TV shows: Sportscenter and of course Blue Jackets hockey
Pets: my cat Jade
Definitely Pirate
Nothing else

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Schtick

Name: Frank or Frankie
Nickname: FROP
Birthplace: Welland, Ontario, Canada
Hometown: Welland, Ontario, Canada
Nationality: Italian, French Canadian, New England American
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 225 Lbs.
Mode of Transportation: '98 Dodge Dakota Pickup truck with tonneau cover, blue in colour with Jackets Decals.
Job: Automotive Shop Manager/Technician
How you became a Jackets' fan: I always loved Junior Hockey weather it was Junior B, Junior A or Major Junior A (OHL) and wasn't much into the NHL, I didn't have a favorite team until the Blue Jackets came into the league and I caught a news broadcast on the CBC station that showed an alternate logo going to be used by the then NEW! Columbus Blue Jackets (Stinger). I tried following the Jackets but back in '00-01 it was quite hard, until about 2006 when I ordered NHL Centre Ice. I have been able to follow the Jackets alot more with Centre Ice and the internet.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Jason Chimera & Steve Mason
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Martin Brodeur
Video Game Systems Owned: XBoX 360
Favorite Game(s): NHL '09 and probably NHL '10
Music You Listen Too: I LOVE MUSIC! Punk, Rock, Classic Rock, Oldies, Country, Old Hip Hop (late 80's to mid '90s), Grunge, Alternative, etc... everything!
Favorite Movie (s): Dazed & Confused, A Bronx Tale, Shawshank Redemption
Favorite Book: The Hockey News, Ontario Out Of Doors
Favorite Food: Chicken Parm & Stuffed Bell Peppers
Favorite TV Show: Sportsnet and TSN nightly sports reports
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None, I hate how Jerseys fit me.
Anything Else: MmmMMmMm BEER!!

Schtick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 06:15 AM
Halfboard
New Look

Name:Rick
Nickname:n/a
Age you act:55 - unless I'm in the arena, then about 21
Sex:married over 20 years - you figure it out!
Where you live:Springfield (Ugh!)
Where you were born:Zinzinnati
Where you used to live:n/a
Nationality:Red-neck countryfied American
Height:5'11"
Weight:160
Mode of Transportation:S-10
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you):Grey hair, Jackets gear on, Lite in hand,glazed over look in eyes if game is on.
Job:Laid-off after 12 years in corporate America - bad side, not much $$ - good side, more time to devote to hockey (see you in line for Greenies)

How you became a Jackets fan:Watched first game ever on TV, immediately hooked.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Screensaver is the schedule, flag on porch, flag on car, pride myself on being first in line for Greenies.
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here:just bumped into it one day, enjoy the collective angst
Favorite Jackets player:Nash & Brass
Favorite non-Jackets player(s):Shane Doan, Ovie
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: whoever is playing the DeadWings
Fav teams in other sports: wow, get ready for this depression: Reds, Bengals & Bucks - ouch
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own:autographed street banner signed by Nash
Section you usually sit in:Upper Bowl
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game:Always stop in Blueline before & after game.

Music You Claim to Listen To:Country
Music You Actually Listen to: Little Feat, ACDC, Queen, classic rock
Favorite Movie(s):Office Space, Animal House, Caddyshack, Airplane, Fargo, you get the idea.....
Favorite TV Show(s):2 & 1/2 Men, the Office, Rescue Me
Favorite Food(s):all the ones that go good with beer....
Pets You Share Your Household With: A Golden who is Emo.....
Pirate or Ninja:?? you lost me on that one.....
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I have absolutely no tolerance for people wearing other team's sweaters in our barn. None.

Last edited by Halfboard: 02-22-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 01:14 PM
CateLeigh

**avoiding work info update**

Name: Cathy
Sex: F
Birthplace: Washington CH
Where you live: Jackson, OH
Where you used to live: 4 college years in Westerville
Nationality: American (Scots/Irish heritage)
Height: 5'6"
Weight: seriously you think I'll answer that??
Hair Color: green
Eye Color: brown
Mode of Transportation: a car
Job: online travel agent
How you became a Jackets' fan: that is a long story you can read it here if you really care: BLOG
Favorite Jackets' Player: I could easier pick my favorite child... but in a pinch I'll always say Boll (see BLOG above)
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: MA Fluery, and former 29 who I won't even name as long as he is a Flying Wheel (oopps originally said Flaming Wheel - Freudian slip)
College Attended/Attending: Otterbein
Video Game Systems Owned: Wii
Music You Listen Too: wide variety but favs include Green Day and Fall Out Boy
Favorite Movie (s): Princess Bride
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite TV Show: LOST, Ace of Cakes
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none yet...afraid of jinxing someone into a trade
Anything Else: Lots of CBJ photos here

Last edited by CateLeigh: 09-15-2009 at 02:28 PM.
CateLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote