HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Get to know your fellow Jackets fans

Old
09-15-2009, 03:52 PM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

vCash: 500
Name: James
Nickname: N/A
Age you act: 24?
Sex: M
Where you live: Grandview (Columbus), OH
Where you were born: St. Clair Shores, MI
Where you used to live: Toledo, OH
Nationality: American (German/Irish/French)
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 205
Mode of Transportation: Civic
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): Hmm... tall and rather ordinary.
Job: Graphic Designer

How you became a Jackets fan: Ex-employee
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: 100%
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Not sure how I found it. Post here due to awesome Jackets fans and for information gathering purposes on other teams.
Favorite Jackets player: Derick Brassard
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Alex Ovechkin, Dion Phaneuf
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: None
Fav teams in other sports: Detroit Tigers/Pistons/Lions, Ohio University Bobcats, U of Toledo Rockets, U of M Wolverines, Columbus Crew, Team USA Hockey
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Poster made for corporate sponsors last year, featuring Rick, Huse, Pascal, RJ and Brass, signed by Brass (I'm not a corporate sponsor).
Section you usually sit in: 117-121, but have opening night seats in 107
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: I wear the jersey t-shirt of the player I either A) feel needs an extra "push" or B) will be the hero

Music You Claim to Listen To: Hip-Hop, Soul, Alternative, Rock
Music You Actually Listen to: Hip-Hop, Soul, R&B, Alternative, Rock
Favorite Movie(s): Sandlot, Field of Dreams, Goodwill Hunting
Favorite TV Show(s): Bones, House, Project Runway (shut up), Top Chef, TrueBlood, Entourage
Favorite Food(s): Mexican
Pets You Share Your Household With: Sphynx cat and leopard gecko
Pirate or Ninja: Ninja
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: Tremendous love for Blue Jackets hockey. Lightweight obsessed with Derick Brassard. Grew up a Red Wings fan (read: born outside of/grew up in Detroit), was turned about 4 years ago and haven't looked back. Also, I filled out a fake one of these a couple years back, due to boredom, desire, personal amusement and not being sure if I was allowed to be here.

PCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
I cleaned this thing up a bit, as it was getting a bit full. If you haven't updated your bio in about a year, time to do another one.

09-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Name: Sam
Nickname: Samkow
Age you act: 75
Where you live: Columbus Ohio
Where you were born: Chicago Illinois
Where you used to live: Both those places
Nationality: American (Too many ethnicities to list I'm afraid)
Height: 6'2
Weight: 175
Mode of Transportation: Bicycle
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Glasses, Lightning Bolt Scar
Job: Librarian

How you became a Jackets fan: Team came here.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: 50%
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Came to flame Toronto fans for decrying the Scott Lachance/Luke Richardson signings. Stayed for the moderating.
Favorite Jackets player(s): Fedor Tyutin, Derick Brassard
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Ron Hainsey, Nik Zherdev
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: I'm a pretty even keeled sports fan, which serves you well for gambling purposes. I like OSU, and secretly long for OSU and the Jackets to combine into one mega team, with nothing but OSU stuff during the intermissions.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I'm not really into the stalking that some people are, so I'm limited here. I own a seat armrest from opening night that broke off during the first game.
Section you usually sit in: 102.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: None really. I eat a lot of skyline chilli.

Music You Claim to Listen To: Anything really
Music You Actually Listen to: Mainly alternative/indie rock. Elephant 6 stuff is my fav.
Favorite Movie(s): Network, Blazing Saddles, Gattaca, Noi, Apocalypse Now, City of God.
Favorite TV Show(s): Simpsons, Family Guy, Curb Your Enthusiam.
Favorite Food(s): Chinese. If you live in Dublin, check out New Chopsticks in the Sawmill Strip Mall. Best food in Columbus
Pets You Share Your Household With: Dog.
Pirate or Ninja: Pirate
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I am full of bad ideas. I secretly agree that Lindsay Kramer and Ken Hitchcock are model human beings.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
I cleaned this thing up a bit, as it was getting a bit full. If you haven't updated your bio in about a year, time to do another one.
Meanie! My new refreshed template is gone!

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Happy Pony

Name: Tom (confusing eh?)
Nickname:
Age you act: 26
Where you live: Columbus Ohio
Where you were born: Columbus Ohio
Where you used to live: Columbus Ohio, Bowling Green Ohio
Nationality: American (Welsh and German)
Height:6'1
Weight: 185
Mode of Transportation: Saturn something or other
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Specs, beginning stages of baldning
Job: Verizon FIOS TSR

How you became a Jackets fan: Columbus got a team
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Whacked out
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Google, people to talk Jackets with who understand the game
Favorite Jackets player(s): Voracek, Methot, Tyutin, Umberger
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Lemieux, Jagr, Drury (before he was overpaid)
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: I was a Pens fan until the jackets got here, so I don't hate them, but I don't follow them too close. Don't mind the Canes
Fav teams in other sports: Crew, Steelers, Cavs, PIRATES , Buckeyes
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: CBJ v Tampa program, from Tampa this past year.
Section you usually sit in: Was 108, lately it's been lower student rush seats.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: If I'm drinking and the team is winning, I won't stop drinking until they shut down. Blame those third period collapses on me.

Music You Claim to Listen To: Anything really
Music You Actually Listen to: Mostly hip-hop, country when my girlfriend is around. I can listen to almost anything.
Favorite Movie(s): Slapshot, Rudy, Godfather 1 and 2
Favorite TV Show(s): Weeds, The West Wing, Band of Brothers, Southpark
Favorite Food(s): Mexican, Chinese, American, Italian, broccoli and cheese
Pets You Share Your Household With: Cats and a younger sister
Pirate or Ninja: Pirate, ninjas don't have cannons
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I love to eat and play hockey.

Last edited by Happy Pony: 09-16-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

Its been a while since I filled this out so i thought id update it...

Name: Matt
Age you act: 28
Where you live: Groveport, OH
Where you were born: Hinsdale, Illinois
Where you used to live: Pickerington, OH; Bowling Green, OH (college)
Nationality: American (German/Swiss/English)
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 160
Mode of Transportation: 1998 silver Honda CR-V (with BGSU and Jackets stickers)
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): Skinny, white Nash jersey
Job: E-Marketing Coordinator

How you became a Jackets fan: Watched their first game on TV, decided to finally follow NHL hockey. Been hooked ever since.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Wiggity Whacked
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Found it through a google search for CBJ forums. Stuck around because its the only place to go to interact with Jackets fans as obsessed as I am.
Favorite Jackets player(s): Rick Nash, Steve Mason, Nikita Filatov
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Pascal Leclaire
Fav teams in other sports: Columbus Crew, Bowling Green Falcons, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Cavs, Fulham FC
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: nothing too strange. Just a ton of signed jackets stuff. Saved the programs and ticket stubs from the playoffs too
Section you usually sit in: pretty much anywhere I get tickets. Did finally buy the Six Pack so for those games i will be in section 207

Music You Claim to Listen To: Alt rock, indie rock, electronic
Favorite Bands: Radiohead (hence my username Kid A), Animal Collective, Boards of Canada, the list goes on and on and on...
Favorite Movie(s): The Matrix, Star Wars, Dumb and Dumber, The Life Aquatic, The Dark Knight, Assassination of Jesse James, etc
Favorite TV Show(s): Arrested Development, Seinfeld, 24, The Wire, Iron Chef America, The Office
Favorite Food(s): Asian
Pets You Share Your Household With: N/A
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: Passionate about my Jackets hockey. Will never understand people who passionately support two competing teams. For the most part I'm pretty harmless though.

kidAcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 01:53 PM
BluejacketNut

Name: Erik
Age you act: 30ish
Where you live: Dublin/Worthington
Where you used to live: Dublin
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Tall with beard
Job: IT support

How you became a Jackets' fan: Was becoming a huge hockey fan when the team was announced. Got my deposits in to be a priority seat selector.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Level 3 probably. Will watch and follow every game possible.
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: From the hockey futures website.

Player you'd most like to spend time with: Nash
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Avalanche
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: The inaugural game picture, just before the puck drop.
Section you usually sit in: Season tickets in 224
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: Must now listen to the games on the radio while at the game. Its added so much to the in house viewing experience.

Video Game You are Hooked On: Currently, MLB09 The Show, soon to be NHL2010
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: All sorts, irish music of late...Dropkick Murphies, Gaelic Storm
Music You Actually Listen to: See above

Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: Avid photographer, was the team photographer for the ex Ohio JR Jackets

BluejacketNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2009, 07:37 PM
jtownjacket

Name: Ryan
Nickname: Ryno
Age you act: 12? lol
Where you live: Johnstown, OH
Where you were born: Westerville,Oh
Where you used to live: I've always lived here
Nationality: American (Irish/English)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140
Mode of Transportation: I dont have one
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): Skinny and Short
Job: Research Aide at Childrens Hospital

How you became a Jackets fan: Watched their first game on TV and liked it.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: I follow them pretty closely
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Found it on google search for CBJ forums.
Favorite Jackets player(s): I dont think i can pick one
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Martin Brodeur
Fav teams in other sports: Columbus Crew, Ohio State, Indianapolis Colts, Chicago Cubs, Cleveland Cavaliers
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I don't really have anything strange.
Section you usually sit in: pretty much anywhere I can get tickets.

Music You Claim to Listen To: Pop Punk, Electronic, Rock
Favorite Bands: All Time Low,Angels And Airwaves,Anberlin,Blink 182,and a bunch more
Favorite Movie(s): The Hangover,We Are Marshall,and anything with Adam Sandler,or Will Ferrell.
Favorite TV Show(s): Family Guy, The Office,Price is Right
Favorite Food(s): Tacos, Lasagna,Cheesy Potatoes,Cheese Burgers, Macaroni and Cheese.
Pets You Share Your Household With: He's not in the house but i have a dog.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: Im pretty obsessed with every sports team i like

jtownjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 03:02 PM
klesla97fan

Name: Michelle
Nickname: meshell, shell (online-kleslafan97 wanted to use that name but someone already had it. grr lol)
Age you act: hahaha depends....i usually have to act my age or older....but when i'm at a game i am a screaming nut so maybe 18? lol
Sex: female
Where you live: Ohio (in the central Ohio area)
Where you used to live: a small, small town that sucks the life out of people if they don't leave.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you) hmm...i'd be the short, burnette wearing a Blue Jackets shirt with the scarf, earrings and necklace that all match. lol i am currently saving my money for a Klesla jersey.
Job: lost it back in March so right now just being a 'stay at home mom/house taker carer of-er' lol

How you became a Jackets' fan: hmm...well I have cheered for them from day one but never got "really into it" until the 2006 season. went to my first game back in 3/7/08 and sat up in the Huntington Green Seats and was hooked from that point on. lol the energy you get when you're at a game is just second to none. i love the guys on the team and am proud to be a fan of such a great group of guys.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: (Level 1 -"seriously whacked," and so forth.) i can't rank that...mainly cause i can't count that high. lol
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: found it a few months ago through some random google searching and finally decided to get an account and post...

Player you'd most like to spend time with: Rusty Klesla. that's a no brainer.
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: hmm...that's a toughie...i'll have to think about it...
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: ummm....lol i can't share that...
Section you usually sit in: either section 115 or 114 and four rows back.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: hahaha i wear pretty much the same stuff to every game...that's my thing i guess. that and i listen to a playlist of songs that they use during the games to get me excited even more so for the game. lol

Video Game You are Hooked On: NHL 2k9 don't have 2k10 yet....
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: i listen to what i say i listen to..
Music You Actually Listen to: rock, country and some pop....i'll listen to pretty much anything but most rap/hip-hop...

Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: now if i warned you it wouldn't be fun, would it?

Ok, after previewing this i guess i could warn about my obsessive use of smileys...sorry, i am getting treated for it.

klesla97fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Going Going Jon

Haven't posted much but I think I'm going to start to. here goes:

Name: Jonathan
Age you act: 22 I suppose
Where you live: Dayton, OH for school (UD)
Where you used to live: Hamilton, OH
Job: Student at the moment

How you became a Jackets' fan: I admit I didn't follow hockey very closely until Ohio got a team. Now I try to catch every game though. Used to go to a few Cincinnati Cyclones games until OH got an NHL team.
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: Not exactly sure when I found it, and haven't posted much at all in the past. Used to lurk when registration was closed and then signed up for an account but didn't use it often.

Player you'd most like to spend time with: Mike Commodore. Thought it was cool when he took batting practice with the Reds and I've always just liked him and his crazy hair/ beard
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: I cheered for the Avs before the Jackets came along. Usually get some remarks when I tell people my two favorite teams are the Jackets and Avs to be honest..
Section you usually sit in: Don't get to many games but wherever I can get tickets

Video Game You are Hooked On: Halo ODST, NHL '10
Music You Actually Listen to: I like electronic music as well as rock.

Favorite Movie (s): Never really have an answer for this. I like most movies I see
Favorite Food: Italian food, seafood
Favorite TV Show: House, The Office, 24, Always Sunny
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: I have a nash jersey, mason jersey and a plain jersey with the old logo
Anything Else: I have to say baseball's my favorite sport, but with the success of Ohio sports teams as of late (or lack of...) I've become a pretty avid jackets fan.

Last edited by Going Going Jon: 10-05-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Going Going Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 05:02 PM
AngryWorm

Name: Jim
Birthplace: Ontario, Canada
Hometown: Ontario, Canada
Nationality: Canadian... with a Czech/British bit
Height: 6' 3 I think
Weight: 150
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: Anything with wheels
Job: Student
How you became a Jackets' fan: Was watching highlights and I saw Stinger dancing, which was full of win.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Umberger
College Attended/Attending: Conestoga
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360, Wii
Favorite Game(s): Dead or Alive, Rock Band, NHL (but I suck at it)
Music You Listen Too: Adema, Lostprophets, Splitting Adam, SR-71, Dragonforce
Favorite Movie (s): The Chronicles of Narnia (lawl)
Favorite Food: Anything fast
Favorite TV Show: WWE (if that counts), The Office
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Original Home/Away Jerseys, Third Jersey (Sanderson), last seasons Home/Away.
Anything Else: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

AngryWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 10:03 PM
MMMBERGER

Name: Aaron
Age you act: at work 34, with friends probably more like 22
Where you live: Gahanna, OH
Where you were born: Mansfield, OH
Where you used to live: Campus area
Nationality: American (German/Irish)
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 195
Mode of Transportation: Mazdaspeed3
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): tall, average dude with a white Umberger jersey.
Job: Community Affairs for local City government

How you became a Jackets fan: went to first game last January, I've been rather obsessed since. I followed the team before then, but not like I do now.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: 75%
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: First thing that came up when I googled Blue Jackets Forum.
Favorite Jackets player: Umberger
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Jordan Staal
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: None really, but I grew up rooting for the Penguins. I don't mind the Bruins either.
Fav teams in other sports: Cleveland Browns/Indians, Ohio State
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: I don't really have a whole lot of stuff other than a jersey and t-shirt. I'm sure I'll be adding to the collection this season.
Section you usually sit in: 10 game package in 224. Home opener in 115-great seats!
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: 1 Labatt each period

Music You Claim to Listen To: Alternative, Rock, some old school rap, '60s and '70s rock
Music You Actually Listen to: same
Favorite Movie(s): Shawshank, Godfather, Borat
Favorite TV Show(s): Entourage, Top Gear, Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, Three Sheets, Sportscenter
Favorite Food(s): Mexican and Burgers
Pets You Share Your Household With: two cats, dog, girlfriend

MMMBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 05:48 PM
CBJ10

Name: Kyle
Age you act: my age
Sex: Male
Where you live: Hilliard, OH
Where you were born: Lloydminster, Saskatchewan. CANADA!
Where you used to live: Medicine Hat, Alberta. CANADA!
Nationality: Canadian
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 246 and dropping
Mode of Transportation: Rockin' Toyota Sienna
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): #2 Russell Jersey, most likely an ice cold Labatts in my hand!
Job: Fire Extinguisher Inspector

How you became a Jackets fan: Married a die hard and fell for the Jackets too
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: 95% or 78 out of 82 games
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: My wife got me interested in it.
Favorite Jackets player: Russell
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Was Ryan Smyth until he became a ****** bag ...now I gotta go with Jay Bouwmeester
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For:
Fav teams in other sports: Anything Edmonton, New England Patriots, Seattle Mariners
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: A team autographed jersey that was given to my wife and I as a wedding gift from the Blue Jackets organization shortly after our center ice vows!
Section you usually sit in: majority of the games are 209-211 or 215-217 not anything set in stone though
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: nothing really

Music You Claim to Listen To: Rock , Country
Music You Actually Listen to: Same
Favorite Movie(s): The Rock, Face Off, Youngblood, Miracle
Favorite TV Show(s): NCIS, HNIC, Rescue Ink
Favorite Food(s): Anything from Bostons downtown in the A.D.
Pets You Share Your Household With: Mishka (she's a boxer)

Last edited by CBJ10: 10-07-2009 at 06:43 PM.
CBJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2009, 09:04 PM
trickbabe

Name: Christin
Nickname: Mom
Age you act: Depends on the situation, I'm afraid
Sex: female
Where you live: Marysville, OH
Where you were born: Cincinnati, OH
Where you used to live: Louisville KY, Boston MA, Hartford CT, back to Louisville, Pittsburgh PA
Nationality: Mutt
Height: 5'5"
Weight: One should not ask a lady such a question.
Mode of Transportation: Blue Dodge Grand Caravan with CBJ plates and UK decal & magnet
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): I'd probably be the only female in the Rbar with a blue CBJ jersey, glasses and a Vera Bradley bag drinking a diet coke.
Job: Mom, Internal Auditor/Administrative Assistant, sorority volunteer

How you became a Jackets fan: We moved here, it was year two of the franchise and the rest of my guys were really getting into hockey after living in Pittsburgh briefly. Before I knew it, I was hooked.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: A lot, I guess. They certainly get a lot of our money.
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: I'm sure I was searching online for Jackets talk and found HF. I haven't posted much, but I'm a loyal lurker because of the intelligent and passionate discussions...
Favorite Jackets player: Current: can't really explain why, but I have a big soft spot for Andrew Murray. All-time: Jody Shelley.
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): None
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Pens
Fav teams in other sports: The University of Kentucky Wildcats
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: We won a signed Nash jersey from his first all star game and had it professionally framed for the TV room.
Section you usually sit in: 201
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: I need to hear a little Machinehead. Sorry, but it's the whole Pavlovian thing equating Machinehead=CBJ game starting.

Music You Claim to Listen To: The list is extremely long and detailed. See below.
Music You Actually Listen to: The Beatles, Paul McCartney, Cheap Trick, Pink Floyd, Queen, David Bowie, The Cure, Genesis, Squeeze, The Police, Duran Duran, Kelly Clarkson, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, No Doubt and many more.
Favorite Movie(s): My favorite movie is a Tracy/Hepburn film called Desk Set. Love old films, musicals, Star Wars, Python, Beatles films, and most chick flicks.
Favorite TV Show(s): Kentucky basketball/football, anything related to the Olympics, lots of stuff on Food Network and HGTV, reruns of Little House on the Prairie, MASH, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Lost in Space (thank you American Life channel!)
Favorite Food(s): Diet Coke, seafood, chocolate
Pets You Share Your Household With: One golden mix and one golden.
Pirate or Ninja: I'd really rather be a Jedi, thank you.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: CBJFan827 is my oldest child.

trickbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:31 PM
hip check
Go North.

Hi all-new here, thought this would be a good first post and introduce myself. Here we go...

Name:
Nickname: El Guapo
Age you act:
Where you live: Dayton
Where you used to live: Indiana
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: the handsome guy in an Umberger jersey
Job: Military

How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up in Indiana but never felt much of a connection with either Chicago or Detroit. Columbus is awarded an expansion team and the rest is history...
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: More of the Jacket, less of the Whacket
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: Don't remember, probably googling Blue Jackets...long time reader, first post

Player you'd most like to spend time with: That question makes me feel uncomfortable...favorite player however is R.J. Umberger
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Probably Boston. But I'll watch a few Capitals, Philly, and Buffalo games per year.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Life size poster of Jeff Rimer on the beach
Section you usually sit in: I never sit in the same seat twice.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: I try to say Beetle Juice three times while Huselius has the puck. First two times I did he scored.

Video Game You are Hooked On: Currently Left4Dead 2
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To:Heavy Metal
Music You Actually Listen to:Lady GaGa

Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I'm sarcastic, unfunny, and have good teeth. Once, I beat Ken Hitchcock in Leg wrestling-best two out of three.

hip check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:27 AM
PreperationCBJ

Name: Kelly
Nickname:
Age you act: 16
Sex: Female
Where you live: Hilliard, OH
Where you used to live: Cincinnati, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): Pale skin, curly red hair...basically, I could probably pass for Commie's sister
Job: retail (and trying to find something better)

How you became a Jackets' fan: I met a great guy who was a hockey fan. We started dating and eventually got engaged. Because of him, I started watching hockey and being from Ohio, decided the Blue Jackets would be my team.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: (Level 1 -"seriously whacked," and so forth.): Not sure, but I am loyal to my team, no matter what
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: Found it through Google and I liked the place, so I eventually joined. I stay because I have fun on here.
Player you'd most like to spend time with: I think it would be fun to spend the day with Voracek.
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Buffalo Sabres (my guy's team) and the Washington Capitals
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: A bunch of random candid pictures of Vermette taken at hockeyfest.
Section you usually sit in: I've been lucky enough to be in 117 lately with my holiday pack tickets, but I'm pretty much all over the place
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: I used to never wear a Blue Jackets shirt on game days (unless going to a game) for fear of cursing my shirt, but, since we aren't doing so well these days, I don't really pay much attention anymore.

Video Game You are Hooked On: NHL 2K10
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: I never lie about music
Music You Actually Listen to: The Beatles, The Decemberists, Weezer, Ben Folds, ect.

Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: What? And ruin the surprise?

PreperationCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Hipster Letestu

Name: Alex
Nickname:
Age you act: 30
Where you live: Westerville, Ohio
Where you were born: Washington D.C.
Where you used to live: Olney, MD; Concord, CA
Nationality: American (Scottish, English, German, Dutch)
Height: 5'5" (yes I'm short)
Weight: 145
Mode of Transportation: Mazda 6
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Short, widow's peak, sideburns
Job: Retail Management

How you became a Jackets fan: Became a fan when the team was created
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Semi
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Google; fun to talk to informed fans
Favorite Jackets player(s): Nash, Umberger, Vermette, Hejda
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Ovechkin, Phaneuf (so sue me), Mike Richards, Gonchar, Sedin twins
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: I grew up a Capitals fan, went to many games as a youngster. Intrigued by the Canucks too, I like the style they play right now.
Fav teams in other sports: Orioles, Redskins, Buckeyes
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: The mini-flag from the first playoff game in Nationwide
Section you usually sit in: Green seats
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: If I am wearing a Blue Jacket article of clothing and they are playing well I continue to wear that piece of clothing every successive game night until they look bad.

Music You Claim to Listen To: Alternative, classic rock
Music You Actually Listen to: Alternative, classic rock
Favorite Movie(s): Black Hawk Down, Godfather, Platoon, Pulp Fiction, Original Star Wars trilogy
Favorite TV Show(s): Band of Brothers, Burn Notice, Lost, Better Off Ted, Mythbusters, Top Chef, 30 Rock, Community, Law and Order anything but SVU, The Mentalist
Favorite Food(s): pizza, pork tenderloin, steak, Chinese, crab, bbq pork
Pets You Share Your Household With: None
Pirate or Ninja: Pirate, yelling arrrrrggghhhh is too much fun!
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I have 5 kids, so not able to go to many games and can sometimes be a bit cranky

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
bluejacket74

Name: Brian
Age you act: Anywhere between 16 and 60
Where you live: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Where you were born: Columbus, Ohio
Where you used to live: Athens, Ohio (for college, go Bobcats!)
Nationality: American (mishmash of English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh)
Height: 6'1
Weight: 200
Mode of Transportation: 08' Nissan Altima
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Glasses, not too fugly. I don't stand out at all, which is fine with me!
How you became a Jackets fan: Born in Columbus, went to Chill games all the time, then the Jackets came.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: I guess around 70%
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: I really don't remember
Favorite current Jackets player(s): Nash, Dorsett, Umberger
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Jody Shelley, Bob Probert, Jeremy Roenick
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: None now, although I used to like the Blackhawks before the Jackets came to town
Section you usually sit in: 108, but I only have a 6 game ticket package.
Music You Claim to Listen To: Mostly hard/classic/alternative rock, but I can listen to pretty much anything.
Music You Actually Listen to: Mostly hard/classic/alternative rock, and some rap/hip-hop, country.
Favorite Movie(s): Slap Shot, PCU, Super Troopers, Mallrats
Favorite TV Show(s): The Office (even though I haven't seen an episode since Jim and Pam got married), Mythbusters, Rob & Big, Deadliest Catch, pretty much most of the shows on Discovery Channel.
Favorite Food(s): Mexican, Pizza.

bluejacket74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:35 PM
JakitaFilacek

hmm..well I do a lot of lurking, not really any posting, so here goes.

Name: Sarah
Nickname: ... I don't really have one.
Age you act: depends on who I'm with.
Sex: F
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Where you live: Ottawa, Ontario
Where you used to live: Sackville, New Brunswick
Nationality: Aboriginal, Irish/Scottish
Height: 5'9
Weight: 140 ish
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: my insane curly brown hair.
Job: Student.

How you became a Jackets' fan: turned on the TV one night last year, browsed through the hockey games, randomly chose a CBJ game, Niki scored a hat trick, didn't need much motivation to become a CBJ fan after that.
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: paroosing the internet; it popped up. I do a lot more lurking than posting though.

Player you'd most like to spend time with: Rick Nash
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Ottawa Senators, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh until they won the cup.
Favorite current Jackets player(s): Nash, Umberger, Russell
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Ryan Miller, Milan Michalek, Nicklas Backstrom
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: nothing. it's extremely difficult to find anything Jackets related here in Ottawa. all I have is a jersey.
Section you usually sit in: my couch?
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: throwing objects at the TV when we're loosing?

Video Game You are Hooked On: I don't play video games.
Music You Actually Listen to: Jimi Hendrix, Muse, the Johnstones, Laser Inc., Tokio Hotel, the Sounds, Basshunter, plus a lot of random songs by random artists.
Favorite Movie(s): Tim Burton movies, Transformers, August Rush, I love you Man. I despise romance movies.
Favorite TV Show(s): Paranormal State, Whale Wars, Family Guy
Favorite Food(s): Skittles. anything with Pasta will be eaten. and Cheese.

Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: You're lucky I don't live in Columbus, is all I'm sayin'

JakitaFilacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 11:06 PM
BJFan1

Name: Kenny
Nickname: Kujo (middle name Joseph, Ke+Jo= Kujo to friends... idk)
Age you act: depends on the day and my mood =D
Where you live: Westerville, Ohio
Where you used to live: Westerville, Ohio.... /sigh
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I'll be the one at the back table looking at you from under my hat brim... yeah, you know, that guy LoL
Job: uh.... photography, basketball coach, hydraulic labor, little of it all

How you became a Jackets' fan: I love hockey, family is from Philly, PA, so naturally I grew up a Penguins fan being the only one born in Ohio... =D And as a youngling I was a fan of the Ducks, a la the movies... but I really got into the Kayria/Selanne duo... they were awesome... Until the CBJ inception, home town, home team, love em.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Uh.... not crazy... lets go Level 2.5
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: Dad showed it to me... and it's fun to read all the comments and banter.

Player you'd most like to spend time with: I think it'd be cool to spend a day with Dorsett... seems like he'd be a cool guy to hang with.
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Penguins, Ducks
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: hmm... how about a non-jackets hat autographed by David Ling when I ran into him at BW3's back in 2003??? LoL.
Section you usually sit in: 207... usually if im not anywhere else.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: my jackets hat (not the Ling one...)

Video Game You are Hooked On: Modern Warfare II
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: A little of everything...
Music You Actually Listen to: A little of everything...

Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I can be extremely sarcastic and a cynic... but I play nice, most of the time....

BJFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Name: Stephanie
Nickname: Steph
Age you act: Usually 28. Sometimes 29.
Sex: F
Where you live: Dayton
Where you were born: Dayton
Where you used to live: Dayton and Athens for four years
Nationality: American (Irish, German)
Mode of Transportation: My tried and true '99 Saturn. The one that got rear-ended in the parking lot as I was paying for the repairs I had just gotten done.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Auburn hair.
Job: Part-time watch repair technician (sounds so much better than sales associate at a watch store), part-time student, soon to be full-time student.

How you became a Jackets fan: They came to town and 2 or 3 years later I found them.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: This season? 45%. Normally 110%.
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Don't remember how, probably searching for CBJ stuff. I stay because I like the witty repartee. Seriously, I do totally stay for the camaraderie. How else can you enjoy a losing season without friends to complain with?
Favorite Jackets player(s): Umberger, Raffi1 (and he's leaving ), Dorsett.
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): I'm a big fan of Zach Parise lately. And Big Joe Thornton.
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Pittsburgh, San Jose, Chicago.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: You didn't believe me the last time when I told you I sacrifice 50 virgins to the hockey gods before each game? And lately it's yelling at my computer to reconnect to the interwebs so I can see the game.

Music You Claim to Listen To: Most Except Death Metal and Bluegrass
Music You Actually Listen to: More or less anything except Death Metal and Bluegrass. Only select Country. Really into Incubus again lately.
Favorite Movie(s): Batman Begins, Dial M for Murder, Angels and Demons, TLOR trilogy.
Favorite TV Show(s): The Office, Leverage.
Favorite Food(s): Chinese, a good burger.
Pets You Share Your Household With: Two cats who run this apartment with iron paws.
Pirate or Ninja: Ninja. Of course.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I have an unnatural love of ugly cat pictures that I can use as my avatar.

Last edited by Socks: 01-31-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Handyy

Been a while since I done this, so I'll update mine.

Name: Hannu
Nickname: Handyy and about 10 000 other nicknames made up by my friends
Age you act: Younger. Seems like I'm not growing older mentally.
Where you live: Jyvaskyla, Finland
Where you were born: Jyvaskyla, Finland
Where you used to live: A little while in Turku, Finland
Nationality: Finnish
Mode of Transportation: '66 Ford Mustang HT during summers, cheap '00 Ford Escort STW during winters. I also have a scooter for summers
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Not much to say here. As seen on TV?
Job: Logistics planner

How you became a Jackets fan: Doug MacLean personally arranged a locker room tour and a chance to meet Shelley, Westcott and Norrena
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: I wake up 2 am to watch the games (until recently), I play in a CBJ jersey at my team's hockey practices. Class 1 whack?
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Tried to find info about Columbus when I was coming to town. With all the friendly answers I stuck and found out that this is an amazing hockey community
Favorite Jackets player(s): Nash, Umberger
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Crosby, Ovechkin, Selanne
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Any team with an offensive philosophy, right now especially Chicago and Washington
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: An alarm clock goes off 1 minute prior to the opening face off

Music You Claim to Listen To: Hmm... Nothing comes to mind
Music You Actually Listen to: Pretty much anything, but the two most favourite bands are Dream Theater and Weakerthans
Favorite Movie(s): I enjoy good movies and bad movies
Favorite TV Show(s): Currently running: Family Guy, 30 Rock. Not running anymore: Whose Line Is It Anyway, The Fast Show
Favorite Food(s): In-N-Out burgers, anything my mom cooks
Pets You Share Your Household With: Too much away from home, pets would die if I had them
Pirate or Ninja: Arr!
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: With 4000 miles distance to Columbus, I think I'm not too harmful to anyone

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Haven't done mine in a while, may as well update:

Name: Josh
Age you act: depends who I'm with at the moment
Where you live: Sandusky, OH
Where you were born: Sandusky, OH
Where you used to live: Groton/Stonington, CT
Ethnicity: German
Height: if Kris Russell is "5'10".... then so am I
Weight: 160ish
Job: full-time student
Mode of Transportation: '95 Geo Metro (40-50 mpg )
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: short stature, red beard
How you became a Jackets fan: been a hockey fan all my life, switched allegiances once I found out Ohio was getting a team (even though I didn't live here at the time)
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: before this latest kick-the-fans-in-the-nuts freefall, I was watching every second of every game the last 5 years...now I'm just kind of rooting against us so we get a good draft pick
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: well, I used to feel the need to watch every second of every game to ensure victory...apparently it stopped working at some point
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: I think I did a web search; I like talking to people who like hockey as much as I do
Favorite current Jackets player(s): Voracek, Nash, Brassard
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Peter Forsberg
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Buffalo
Section you usually sit in: n/a; I don't live close enough to get to many games
Music You Claim to Listen To: all different kinds of metal, classical, classic rock
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR is a permanent lock
Favorite TV Show(s): Futurama, The Office, Mythbusters, (old) Simpsons, Firefly, Star Trek, Monty Python's Flying Circus
Favorite Food(s): Pizza!
Pets You Share Your Household With: we work with humane societies, so we have a lot of foster dogs and cats
Pirate or Ninja: tough call, though I have to give the edge to ninjas because of what I've learned at http://www.realultimatepower.net/
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I'm moving to Austria this autumn so you might see lots of angry posts at 4 AM your time if Hitchcock is still coach next season

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Skraut

'eh why not update

Name: Tom
Nickname: Skraut, Geier, Hey You
Age you act: Get off my lawn.
Where you live: Brunswick, OH
Where you were born: Norwalk, OH
Where you used to live: Norwalk, OH, Dayton, OH, Cuyahoga Falls, OH, San Francisco, CA, Mountain View, CA, San Jose, CA, Sacramento, CA, Norwalk, OH,
Height: 6"4'
Weight: 268.2 and falling.
Nationality: I'm a descendant of the first recorded marriage in Quebec in the 1500's, and German. So I randomly surrender to myself from time to time.
Mode of Transportation: 2005 Toyota Prius, no it's not recalled, thanks for asking.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Still rocking my playoff beard.
Job: Systems Developer

How you became a Jackets fan:Grew up a Wings fan, but got tired of them being the Yankees, was in CA when the Jackets arrived, but when I moved back I made 'em my team
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Driving 4 hours for practices and training camps, making videos, posting here. Totally waked (at least until recently.)
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Dispatch mentioned it before one of the drafts, I came, I saw, I made friends and had a good time.
Favorite Jackets player(s): Everybody who's last name begins with T or after. Tyutin, Torres, Umby, Vermette, Voracek. Not anything conscious, just how it worked out.
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): none, I'm too big of a homer.
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Whoever is playing Detroit, Pittsburgh, or the Rangers.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: Last year I walked on the treadmill while watching the games, this year I didn't. coincidence?

Music You Claim to Listen To: Scooter, Paul Van Dyk, Darude, Masterboy, AC/DC.
Music You Actually Listen to: the above plus Rick Astley, Men at Work, Devo, Men Without Hats, oh and Rick Astley.
Favorite Movie(s): Whatever. After most movies I think, well that wasn't bad.
Favorite TV Show(s): I don't watch much TV anymore, mostly just video podcasts like GeekBriefTV the AppleByte, ByteJacker, Co-op etc.
Favorite Food(s): Tabbouleh
Pets You Share Your Household With: Cat-sat 2 cats. Was supposed to be for 6 months, finally unloaded them recently after 6 years.
Pirate or Ninja: Nuke blows up Pirate, Nuke blows up Ninja. so Nuke.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: Just started playing hockey. I have a wicked slapshot, but you're safe from it as long as you're anywhere near the crease.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Name: Kevin
Age you act: 21
Where you live: German Village
Where you were born: Columbus, OH
Where you used to live: All Over
Nationality: Ukranian
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 225
Mode of Transportation: Subaru
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you): CBJ Practice Jersey, short hair
Job: Network Engineer

How you became a Jackets fan: Was a Chill fan. They left so I picked up the CBJ
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: 90%
How you found HFBoards and why you keep posting here: Google, I lurk more than I post
Favorite Jackets player: Fedor Tyutin
Favorite non-Jackets player(s): Alex Ovechkin, Dion Phaneuf
Other NHL Team(s) You are Willing to Root For: Whoever is facing the Eastern Conf. in the Cup Finals
Fav teams in other sports: Buckeyes Football, College Hockey. Not into Baseball/Basketball
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Nothing crazy or obsessive
Section you usually sit in: 213 row A seat 9
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: Always watch warm ups from section 110.

Music You Claim to Listen To: Anything
Music You Actually Listen to: Anything
Favorite Movie(s): Fight Club, 8mm, Goodfellas, a ton more
Favorite TV Show(s): Dexter
Favorite Food(s): All
Pets You Share Your Household With: 3 dogs
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: Nope

Last edited by kshymkiw: 02-01-2010 at 02:32 PM.
kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote