HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get to know your fellow Jackets fans

Old
01-24-2011, 01:50 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post

Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I love to box and I suppose that stems from a love from competition and confrontation.
Thanks for the warning!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:57 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Sorry we've lost one of the few voices of reason.
Take care, Handyy.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:58 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
Hey all. I thought I'd drop a last post from me to say goodbye. I'm leaving this board, since all I feel here nowdays is frustration. That obviously isn't very productive, so I don't have anything to give anymore. But I had awesome time here early on and especially the help I got here to get into the Jackets locker room to meet players (and into that embarrassing TV interview, yeah...). Also met some of you at Rbar in '06 and '07, was amazing fun to talk to you in person!

I used to get a lot of good info from here and had fun discussing hockey. Today, when I open the board I see conspiracy theories against the Jackets - I don't agree to them. I see personal attacks against players and fellow posters - I don't agree to them. Threads get out of hand sooner than later, because the discussion is limited to only a handful of posters and pages and pages of same posts are written all over again. Nobody wants to agree to disagree. Getting the last word is more important - I don't agree to that either.

But that's only my personal view of the current Jackets board. I don't expect anyone to agree and if the board works for the majority, that's cool and I hope you are getting fun out of it. I just don't get any fun anymore and I noticed that it started to show on my posts as well. That's not what I want to do or who I am.

For those I've become friends with, let's keep in touch with PM's sometimes!

Finally good luck Columbus Blue Jackets, the team is on a right path and let's hope we'll see some playoff success in the future! I will continue to proudly wear Jackets jersey in our team practices I hope I still some day can make it all the way to Columbus to watch a game or two and have a beer at Rbar!
Thanks for hangin around Hannu!

I personally think the board is a lot better than when I first encountered it in 2006. It was a real pissing match back then.

The real problem is we have nobody to crosscheck but ourselves. What we really should be doing is appointing a Whipping Boy of the Month to vent our frustrations. Ever since Kalliowehardlyknewye left, we haven't had that.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

I personally think the board is a lot better than when I first encountered it in 2006. It was a real pissing match back then.

The real problem is we have nobody to crosscheck but ourselves. What we really should be doing is appointing a Whipping Boy of the Month to vent our frustrations. Ever since Kalliowehardlyknewye left, we haven't had that.
Sounds great! I nominate you.

(I'd volunteer, but I took on the job two weeks back or so as is by rekindling the Howson Must Go flamewar, and I need a successor. )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 07:41 PM

I never did the stuff the OP posted, and I like you guys, so I'll contribute.

Name: Chris
Nickname: Numbers
Age you act: Depends on if I'm drinking or not. But, 23.
Sex: M
Where you live: Columbus
Where you used to live: Zanesville, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I usually have a mini-fro if I don't have a beanie on, but I usually have a beanie on.
Job: Intern at a non-profit organization currently

How you became a Jackets' fan: They're literally five minutes away from where I live. I love hockey, so I go support the local team.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: Can't say I'm a die-hard, but I get to at least 10 games per year. I own plenty of merch and have a bunch of autographs. About 500 Nash jersey tees from games I've attended.. haha
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: Probably searched "hockey forum" in Google. This is the only place I have to talk hockey.

Player you'd most like to spend time with: Hmm.. probably Talbot or Commodore.
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: Obvious
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: Nothing really strange or obsessive. I have a Rick Nash signed Team Canada jersey.
Section you usually sit in: 217
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: I rarely talk during a game. Too focused.

Video Game You are Hooked On: Black Ops and NHL 11
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: Opeth
Music You Actually Listen to: Opeth

Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I come in peace and legitimately like the Jackets.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Opeth! rock on man, now I can't hate on you for being a Pens fan anymore.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Opeth! rock on man, now I can't hate on you for being a Pens fan anymore.

Just learned The Leper Affinity on guitar.. note for note. Pretty excited about it. I think it might be the only Opeth song I can legitimately play note for note.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
Hey all. I thought I'd drop a last post from me to say goodbye. I'm leaving this board, since all I feel here nowdays is frustration. That obviously isn't very productive, so I don't have anything to give anymore.
I enjoyed your posts Handyy. I think much of the edginess between forum posters would probably be resolved if the team would experience some success. Fans on here beating each other up because they have little other way to release their frustrations for 10 years of futility. Hope when things improve on the ice you return.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
I enjoyed your posts Handyy. I think much of the edginess between forum posters would probably be resolved if the team would experience some success. Fans on here beating each other up because they have little other way to release their frustrations for 10 years of futility. Hope when things improve on the ice you return.
I missed reading his post to retire, too bad, he gave many on the mark perspectives from outside the CBJ bubble..

That said, I've read several such posts over the years and most that post they are leaving return.. The ones that don't post they are leaving just fade away never to be heard from again. The best course is to silently take a few days or weeks off then return ready to engage..

Last edited by Robert: 01-24-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 06:53 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I missed reading his post to retire, too bad, he gave many on the mark perspectives from outside the CBJ bubble..

That said, I've read several such posts over the years and most that post they are leaving return.. The ones that don't post they are leaving just fade away never to be heard from again. The best course is to silently take a few days or weeks off then return ready to engage..
I agree. I usually take some of the summer away from the board to relax, recharge, and get ready for another season of hockey.

Having said that, I think everyone on this board are good people. Sure, we might disagree on some things, but pretty much remain open to each others opinions and thoughts on the direction and condition of our beloved Jackets. And at the end of the day, even if we disagree mightily, we remain HFboards friends, and move on.

I will miss Handyy too. I guess he got frustrated with our frustration.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 12:30 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

The scars are both mental and physical.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:07 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
The scars are both mental and physical.
From here, only the mental ones show.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote