HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

One95 Stick/Shaft question

Old
09-15-2009, 05:06 PM
DevsFan84

vCash: 500
One95 Stick/Shaft question

I was looking around, and I can get a one95 shaft and blade for like 130 bucks or so. The one-piece is what, like 200 bucks.

What is the performance difference between this and the true one piece one95? I don't know if thats a dumb question, I don't know a lot about player equipment.

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i think hte one piece is tapered and the two piece isnt

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Placebo Effect

Exact same question was asked on MSH

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...howtopic=48051

Here are a couple of quotes from that thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstud74
I use both, I believe the OPS has a bit of a lower kickpoint. Both are very, very light and have performed well for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4gear
I have used both. I had a shaft and blade combo first, and I really liked it. However, I just got a OPS and the feel of it is just awesome. Much better than the 2-piece in my opinion, but your mileage may vary.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 06:46 PM
DevsFan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick The Rypper View Post
Exact same question was asked on MSH

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...howtopic=48051

Here are a couple of quotes from that thread
Thanks, appreciated.

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Placebo Effect

No problem, I'm planning to pick up a One95 shaft/blade as well.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Devil Dancer

I have both and I'm very happy with both. The OPS probably performs a bit better, but it isn't a huge difference. You'll be happy with it either way.

Devil Dancer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 09:34 AM
CanFan05

Best stick I ever played with.Got the two piece 'cause I use it for ballhockey. Howitzer slapshot. I use the PM9 curve. You won't regret it!

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2009, 02:57 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanFan05 View Post
Best stick I ever played with.Got the two piece 'cause I use it for ballhockey. Howitzer slapshot. I use the PM9 curve. You won't regret it!
unless you play ballhockey regularly (competitive league or w/e), thats a big waste of money

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
ShootIt
M F P G A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I have both and I'm very happy with both. The OPS probably performs a bit better, but it isn't a huge difference. You'll be happy with it either way.

+1.

I would go with the 2 piece and mess around with blades unless you already found a curve you love.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 09:15 AM
CanFan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
unless you play ballhockey regularly (competitive league or w/e), thats a big waste of money
I play ballhockey competitively (PTM Hockey League) :

http://www.hockeyballe.com/

I can assure you that it's not a big waste of money for me. The stick is great and I can see the difference between my Dolo and my One95. I have two teammates who use it and they only swear by it. We buy the two piece because the blade gets banged up on smooth concrete. I can honestly say that the one95 blade is the most durable i've tried.

I also use it on ice once in a while.

Amazing buy.

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
czechmate25

I'm done with Nike Bauer. I have been using their products for over 4 years and their sticks have gotten progressively worse. The one90 was one of the best sticks I have ever used, they got rid of it in favor of the one95.....and while I like the feel and kick response better in the one95, it is about as durable as a toothpick. My last one, an iD stick that I paid over $200.00 for broke after 3 games! The one before it lasted a little over 2 months. A one90 that I purchased in 2007 is still going strong.

I guess the company figured they were losing too much money making durable sticks so now they are making this garbage. They wont see another penny from me......I'm going back to Easton.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 01:57 PM
doobie604

bad idea going back to easton if you're worried about durability. s17 is a joke when it comes to durability and se16 a bit better than s17 but it's not going to last either.

doobie604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 02:27 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobie604 View Post
bad idea going back to easton if you're worried about durability. s17 is a joke when it comes to durability and se16 a bit better than s17 but it's not going to last either.

It shouldn't be that we even have to be worried about durability. You'd think dropping 2 bills on a OPS that it would last at least 6 months. I'm not even hard on my sticks and I rarely take slap shots. Obviously, I'm not a NHL player who gets 200 of these sticks for free every year which would make it not that big of a deal breaking one every game like we see in the NHL these days.

Frankly, I don't know what direction I'm going to take. I assumed Easton b/c they were the sticks I used before I switched to Nike bauer. Although blade specs are more important to me that anything and easton no longer makes patterns I like. The Shannahan was the curve I used.

I guess maybe I'll just go back to shaft/blade combos. I can't afford dropping $200.00 on a stick every 3-5 games.

Old
09-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Superstar Treatment

Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
Yeah, pretty much since the SL the durability on easton sticks outside of the ST have been horrid.

Personally I've had the most luck with reebok sticks as of late.

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 02:32 PM
SouthpawTRK

I was curious to know if any HF members know whether or not there is going to be a Supreme model coming out in the near future to replace the 95?

One website has the standard model One95 stick for $189.99 (with the original graphics) and another site has a One95 with player's name on the shaft, corresponding color to player name, and no swoosh logo for the same price.

Is the "newer" model something that will be carried over into 2010? Or is it a way that Bauer is transitioning away from Nike?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input!

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 03:10 PM
doobie604

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
It shouldn't be that we even have to be worried about durability. You'd think dropping 2 bills on a OPS that it would last at least 6 months. I'm not even hard on my sticks and I rarely take slap shots. Obviously, I'm not a NHL player who gets 200 of these sticks for free every year which would make it not that big of a deal breaking one every game like we see in the NHL these days.

Frankly, I don't know what direction I'm going to take. I assumed Easton b/c they were the sticks I used before I switched to Nike bauer. Although blade specs are more important to me that anything and easton no longer makes patterns I like. The Shannahan was the curve I used.

I guess maybe I'll just go back to shaft/blade combos. I can't afford dropping $200.00 on a stick every 3-5 games.
yeah i know what you mean, there is a balance with durability and performance. seems like better the performance, the shorter the sticks last. i went back to 2 piece after my 7k broke. right now one95 cut shaft and wood blade is a great combo for me. and the Shanny curve is going to be pretty hard to find, maybe ebay for blades, i think it's going to be almost impossible to find it in ops, unless you go with prostock.

Some people mentioned these are similar, but i think most of these are discontinued too.

* Bauer Gagne (P10)
* Mission Pro Stock Marshall
* Gear Bozek
* Mission Retail Cole
* Ripshot has a clone

Old
09-24-2009, 03:12 PM
doobie604

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
I was curious to know if any HF members know whether or not there is going to be a Supreme model coming out in the near future to replace the 95?

One website has the standard model One95 stick for $189.99 (with the original graphics) and another site has a One95 with player's name on the shaft, corresponding color to player name, and no swoosh logo for the same price.

Is the "newer" model something that will be carried over into 2010? Or is it a way that Bauer is transitioning away from Nike?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input!
one100 is the replacement, but no idea when that's going to be out.

Old
09-24-2009, 03:52 PM
SouthpawTRK

Quote:
one100 is the replacement, but no idea when that's going to be out.
Thanks for the info about the One100

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:24 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

The new graphics are just that, graphics. Nike sold Bauer a while ago now, and they've been phasing out the name. As of this year, there will be no nike on anything.

The One100 will be out next year. They update each line every other year, and the X:60 line is out this year in the vapor line. There will also be limited edition TotalOne stuff, but so far I've only heard about skates with that desigantion.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2009, 04:52 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
yeah i know what you mean, there is a balance with durability and performance. seems like better the performance, the shorter the sticks last. i went back to 2 piece after my 7k broke. right now one95 cut shaft and wood blade is a great combo for me. and the Shanny curve is going to be pretty hard to find, maybe ebay for blades, i think it's going to be almost impossible to find it in ops, unless you go with prostock.

Some people mentioned these are similar, but i think most of these are discontinued too.

* Bauer Gagne (P10)
* Mission Pro Stock Marshall
* Gear Bozek
* Mission Retail Cole
* Ripshot has a clone

Thanks for the info. I used the P10 patteren on all my Supreme sticks.

Old
09-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Czech,

The high end sticks are built for pure performance, not for durability. Especially the very light tapered sticks. If you're snapping those in the taper area, I'd suggest either a Warrior AK27 or Easton S15 (same as the old Ultra Lite) shaft with a One95 blade. Both those shafts are incredibly durable and the One95 is the best blade on the market. The standard shaft combined with the longer hosel standard blade will hold up much better against slashes.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 12:58 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Czech,

The high end sticks are built for pure performance, not for durability. Especially the very light tapered sticks. If you're snapping those in the taper area, I'd suggest either a Warrior AK27 or Easton S15 (same as the old Ultra Lite) shaft with a One95 blade. Both those shafts are incredibly durable and the One95 is the best blade on the market. The standard shaft combined with the longer hosel standard blade will hold up much better against slashes.
If I showed you a pic of my last one95 that broke after 3 games, you wouldn't believe it. There is not one slash mark on it and hardly any puck marks on the shaft. The stick is practically mint.....it is unbelievable that the blade broke when it did.....on a saucer pass no less. The point is, the stick didn't break b/c of over use or abuse, it broke b/c it is a POS.

I'm actually thinking about trying out the Mission Titanium. If that stick doesn't pan out for me, then it is back to shaft/blade combos.

Old
09-26-2009, 04:29 PM
BLKHKhockey

I have a few Titaniums and I like them a lot. They take a feww times on the ice to break in. I recently sent one in and got a one95 so i'll compare the two according to how they performed FOR ME. I'm 6'4 150lbs 17 yrs old
Titanium 100 flex Hossa w/ 2 inch plug:

wrist shots-6 i dont have a consistent shot but i when i get a good one, it's okay.
slap shots- 9 my shots are rockets, but my accuracy is a little off
flex/shaft- 8 feels a little stiff, but loosens up. the soft touch grip is cool, but it wears off after a while
stickhandling- 8 feels a little blade heavy but i didnt notice it until i used a one95. it has a nice, stiff blade
durability-8 i broke one already but only because the blade got stuck in a crack in the boards. one my new ones, the toe is starting to chip after about 10-15 times, but they are very minor chips. I'll let you know if they get worse.

One95 87 flex Lindros w/ 2 inch plug:
wrist shots- 7 it felt VERY whippy for a 87 flex stick. it seems to load very easily, but it doesn't kick as hard as you would think. If i lean into it too much, my shots flutter, but if i dont, then i can't get much on it. I have to use just the right amount so it's a pain in the ass.
slap shots- 10 shots were just as hard as the Titanium, but i was able to control them much better.
flex/shaft- 7 whippier than marked. stick'um plus the tactile is alright, nothing special.
stickhandling- 8 the stick is very light but since it's so whippy, the puck was jumping all over the place. the blade also seems to very lively which is a plus, just not when paired with a whippy shaft.
durability- 8 i've only used it a few times but the toe seems flawless so far. however, it has a gash of about a 1/2inch in length on the top of shaft, aligned with the heel. i'll let you know if this becomes a problem.

IMO, performance wise, they are about the same, but i would say the one95 is better just for the fact that it's much lighter. But on the otherhand, if you are worried about price, the Titanium is great. I am used to blade heavy sticks so it doesn't affect me too much. The one95 is a great stick, but it isn't catered to me. I'm sure once i get used to it, it will be an awesome stick.

Last edited by BLKHKhockey: 09-27-2009 at 12:40 AM.
BLKHKhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHKhockey View Post
I have a few Titaniums and I like them a lot. They take a feww times on the ice to break in. I recently sent one in and got a one95 so i'll compare the two according to how they performed FOR ME. I'm 6'4 150lbs 17 yrs old
Titanium 100 flex Hossa w/ 2 inch plug:

wrist shots-7 i dont have a consistent shot but i when i get a good one, it's pretty good
slap shots- 9 my shots are rockets, but my accuracy is a little off
flex/shaft- 8 feels a little stiff, but loosens up. the soft touch grip is cool, but it wears off after a while
stickhandling- 8 feels a little blade heavy but i didnt notice it until i used a one95. it has a nice, stiff blade
durability-8 i broke one already but only because the blade got stuck in a crack in the boards. one my new ones, the toe is starting to chip after about 10-15 times, but they are very minor chips. I'll let you know if they get worse.

One95 87 flex Lindros w/ 2 inch plug:
wrist shots- 5 it felt VERY whippy for a 87 flex stick. it seems to load very easily, but it doesn't kick as hard as you would think.
slap shots- 10 shots were just as hard as the Titanium, but i was able to control them much better.
flex/shaft- 7 whippier than marked. stick'um plus the tactile is alright, nothing special.
stickhandling- 8 the stick is very light but since it's so whippy, the puck was jumping all over the place. the blade also seems to very lively which is a plus, just not when paired with a whippy shaft.
durability- 8 i've only used it a few times but the toe seems flawless so far. however, it has a gash of about a 1/2inch in length on the top of shaft, aligned with the heel. i'll let you know if this becomes a problem.

IMO, performance wise, they are about the same, but i would say the one95 is better just for the fact that it's much lighter. But on the otherhand, if you are worried about price, the Titanium is great. I am used to blade heavy sticks so it doesn't affect me too much.
Well thanks for the comments/reviews of those. I've never used the Titanium and am interested in getting One95 shafts or a couple of sticks if I like them.

This gives me an idea of what to expect so thanks.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2009, 06:15 PM
BLKHKhockey

I'm going to drop-in hockey tonight so watch for updates on the one95. Tonight will be my 3rd time using it so i might just have to get used to it before i get my wrist shot down.

BLKHKhockey is offline   Reply With Quote