Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

One95 Stick/Shaft question

03-14-2011, 11:37 PM
vCash: 500
Bumping this to ask if anyone knows where I can still get a one95 shaft?

mbush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
03-15-2011, 12:49 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by mbush82 View Post
Bumping this to ask if anyone knows where I can still get a one95 shaft?
No idea if this site is any good, but they have the one95 shaft:

Re: the durability discussion, gotta agree with czechmate25 that it's pretty disgusting how poor the durability is on top of the line one piece sticks. For the most part top of the line sticks are made of pure graphite (sometimes with a kevlar wrap as well), while lower end sticks will have some fiberglass mixed in. The pure graphite sticks are lighter, and have a snappier feel, but they break much more easily. Mid range sticks that have a bit of fiberglass in them are actually a lot more durable, though they definitely are a bit lighter and don't quite have the same snappy/responsive feel. The only higher end stick I've had that's very durable is my Easton ST, and that's only because it's an older design with the thick carbon/fiber glass walls that are more characteristic of mid range sticks.

If you're real hard on your sticks and don't have tonnes of money to burn I wouldn't suggest top of the line sticks for anyone. Stick to mid range sticks, sticks made for durability (pretty much just the Easton ST), or 2-piece sticks. If you want that top of the line, 1 piece performance, buy sticks that are discontinued and heavily on clearance (like the SE16 currently) or pro returns, but of course only if you can find a curve and flex that you like. The OPS one95 is considered durable for a top of the line OPS, but if you're big and strong and hard on your sticks (lots of stickwork, faceoffs, slappers, etc.) then you're still likely to break it quickly, most people that I know who've owned them have broke them within a few months, including me. In my experience myself and my friends will get 1+ years out of midrange sticks, but only 1-3 months out of top of the line sticks.

ponder is online now   Reply With Quote