HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Pre-Season Coyotes @ Kings 9/15/09 7:30PM PDT Staples Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-16-2009, 06:16 PM
  #176
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,550
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Did anyone notice the stench coming from the Coyotes bench last night????




Quick notes from last night:
- Teubert was embarrasing to watch last night.
- Johnson was shaky at the beginning but after he scored his first goal he got better. Confidence will be key for him from the get go.
- Scuderi is the new Gauthier... making way too much $$$.
- Williams is awesome.
- I didn't miss Dustin Brown.
- Less Peter Harrold the better.
- Clifford should develop nicely.
- Schenn was great defensively and was solid overall.
- Loktionov wasn't as impressive, but he did pretty well on the PP.
- Doughty and Hickey ARE THE FUTURE.
- Kopitar looked more confident and dangerous in the offensive zone. I liked what saw.
- Moller was solid, but unspectacular.
- Purcell had one of his overall best games in a Kings uni.
Hooray for making generalizations off of one game.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:21 PM
  #177
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Hooray for making generalizations off of one game.
Isn't that what this whole thread is? I mean come on....this was against the Phoenix Coyotes.....a team many believe will be in the running for the #1 pick this season.....Maybe we should wait until the Kings play at least a mediocre team before we sing their praises or criticize their faults.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:35 PM
  #178
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Isn't that what this whole thread is? I mean come on....this was against the Phoenix Coyotes.....a team many believe will be in the running for the #1 pick this season.....Maybe we should wait until the Kings play at least a mediocre team before we sing their praises or criticize their faults.
Nothing wrong with getting excited for the season.

And a random note, for anyone who just wants to watch a hockey game, NHL Network is playing Bos Vs. Tor. exhibition game right now.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:45 PM
  #179
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Thanks for all the great reports guys!

Those of us unable to attend last night really appreciate it!

A-men. Thank you all!

__________________
"In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened." - Vin Scully being clairvoyant in 1988.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:45 PM
  #180
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Nothing wrong with getting excited for the season.
I understand that. But declaring a player to be NHL ready or not based on this game is absurd. If it were against the Detroit Red Wings I bet the whole Kings roster would look like AHL players.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:48 PM
  #181
4ndr3y*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
And a random note, for anyone who just wants to watch a hockey game, NHL Network is playing Bos Vs. Tor. exhibition game right now.
Bozak scored a really nice shorthanded goal. He beat the defensman to the outside and shoot the puck upstairs over the goalie.

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 06:53 PM
  #182
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I understand that. But declaring a player to be NHL ready or not based on this game is absurd. If it were against the Detroit Red Wings I bet the whole Kings roster would look like AHL players.
Well of course. But come on, "Hickey looks good and like he might make the roster" is much more interesting than "I watched the game. It was one game. I'll need to see more games before I give an opinion."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
Bozak scored a really nice shorthanded goal. He beat the defensman to the outside and shoot the puck upstairs over the goalie.
Yeah I saw that right when I turned it on, pretty sweet goal.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:11 PM
  #183
4ndr3y*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
J. Allison and F. Beauchemin (sp?) both with a facepalm play.
The Bruins make it 1:1 on the powerplay.

Oh and Allison wouldn't beat Azamat Bagatov in speed skating. There are no words to describe how slow he is.

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:20 PM
  #184
Randart
Registered User
 
Randart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Carson, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Okay I Will Take Up the Gauntlett...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
J. Allison and F. Beauchemin (sp?) both with a facepalm play.
The Bruins make it 1:1 on the powerplay.

Oh and Allison wouldn't beat Azamat Bagatov in speed skating. There are no words to describe how slow he is.
He's slow enough that: A Giant tortise on skates could surpass his MPH's with the ease that,
The Russian Rocket used to blow by defensemen before 7 operations decimated his speed to that of J.A.!
Difference is Jason never had speed that I ever saw... Even in his early days in the league!

Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:30 PM
  #185
4ndr3y*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randart View Post
Difference is Jason never had speed that I ever saw... Even in his early days in the league!
I know that but imagine him beeing even slower than before. In the offensive zone he only glides from one side to the other. His puck protection skils have tailed off too.

I think he has about 20% chances of making the Leafs opening night roster and I am generous whit that number.

BTW: It's 2:2. Marchand scored for the Bruins after the reffs failed on an easy (clear) offside call on the Bruins.
Now Stalberg scored for the Leafs.

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
  #186
66-29-33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,266
vCash: 500
Did you guys play twice yesterday? NHL.com has 2 different scores, and shows 2 different players. I've never seen that before.

66-29-33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 07:40 PM
  #187
4ndr3y*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Did you guys play twice yesterday? NHL.com has 2 different scores, and shows 2 different players. I've never seen that before.
Yes, split squad. One game was in LA the other in Phoenix.

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:15 PM
  #188
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,031
vCash: 500
in Matthew Barry's last hockeybuzz post he guarenteed 80 assists for Kopi

Thoughts?

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:17 PM
  #189
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
in Matthew Barry's last hockeybuzz post he guarenteed 80 assists for Kopi

Thoughts?
Barry has a screw loose?

Hard enough for a player to guarantee his own play.

I'll be happy with 35-50 from Kopi, which I think he is fully capable of achieving.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:19 PM
  #190
BigKing
Spot Picker
 
BigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Belmont Shore, CA
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Barry has a screw loose?

Hard enough for a player to guarantee his own play.

I'll be happy with 35-50 from Kopi, which I think he is fully capable of achieving.
I hope you mean goals because only 35 assists would be a super gigantic extraordinary failure unless he's popping in 40 goals.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
  #191
KingLB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
in Matthew Barry's last hockeybuzz post he guarenteed 80 assists for Kopi

Thoughts?
Honestly just when ppl were starting to give him a little bit of credibility back, he does realize nobody in the league hit 80 assists last year and that Kopi didn't even hit half that last season?? I could see somehow a person making an argument for 55-60 (career high was 45) but 80 is just so bold/ridiculous it seems more like a way to get hits/attention to his blog.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
  #192
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
in Matthew Barry's last hockeybuzz post he guarenteed 80 assists for Kopi

Thoughts?
I think He met "points"

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:32 PM
  #193
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I hope you mean goals because only 35 assists would be a super gigantic extraordinary failure unless he's popping in 40 goals.
Yes, 35g, 50a.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:10 PM
  #194
allworldcaucasn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 4,652
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Hey guys, you know if tomorrows game vs. SJ is going to be on AM1150?

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:11 PM
  #195
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I think He met "points"
nope it says 80 assists

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...Cuts/125/22998

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:27 PM
  #196
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Yeah I know what it says. I am saying that he accidentally typed assists instead of points. Spellcheck wouldn't catch something like that.

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:29 PM
  #197
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Yeah I know what it says. I am saying that he accidentally typed assists instead of points. Spellcheck wouldn't catch something like that.
But....that would make it more of a brain fart than a spelling error. And wouldn't you proofread your article before submitting it? Especially when you are counting on thousands (OK, hundreds) of people to view it.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:35 PM
  #198
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
But....that would make it more of a brain fart than a spelling error. And wouldn't you proofread your article before submitting it? Especially when you are counting on thousands (OK, hundreds) of people to view it.
**** happens when you party naked.

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:36 PM
  #199
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
**** happens when you party naked.
Well.....I cannot deny that.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
  #200
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Hooray for making generalizations off of one game.

You're just mad that I don't agree with your assesment of Colton Teubert. He got pyloned TWICE and he took two stupid penalties.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.