HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trotz

Old
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Trotz

A nice article on some of the history on Trotz and Poiles relationship. I have never seen anything to this level in the Nashville local media. Not sure why.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...2402461/page1/

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
A nice article on some of the history on Trotz and Poiles relationship. I have never seen anything to this level in the Nashville local media. Not sure why.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...2402461/page1/
take a guess why, could it be they're suckling on the teet of or ... a couple of very mediocre organizations

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
take a guess why, could it be they're suckling on the teet of or ... a couple of very mediocre organizations
You're forgetting:

Vandy
MTSU
NASCAR
High School Sports
JV Sports
Middle School Sports
Golf
MMA
.........then

Preds

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:45 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

As much as I hate UT, they're historically not a mediocre organization. I do wish the Nashville media gave more pub to the School right in the city, Vanderbilt.

One question to some hockey fans, what's with the inferiority complex towards football? Hockey has shown it can be prevalent in the south but face it, you're in the south where football is king and will be king. I was a football fan first then declared my love for hockey. I know care about both te Preds and the Titans equally but some hockey people have this all or nothing mentality.

ChesterCopperpot1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
As much as I hate UT, they're historically not a mediocre organization. I do wish the Nashville media gave more pub to the School right in the city, Vanderbilt.

One question to some hockey fans, what's with the inferiority complex towards football? Hockey has shown it can be prevalent in the south but face it, you're in the south where football is king and will be king. I was a football fan first then declared my love for hockey. I know care about both te Preds and the Titans equally but some hockey people have this all or nothing mentality.
read this article and get back to me ...

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
this is an argument you can't win in TN....

I love hockey and I love football. They are completely different sports, and should not be compared based on how long the ball/puck is in play. If I wanted to watch constant play, I could watch 90 minutes of soccer

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:53 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

Quote:
I get it, Hockey also basketball, are two sports where players aren't standing around for 35 seconds at a time. One thing hockey has going against it is te game does not translate well on TV. Put it this way, i rather watch a football game from my couch. I'd rather watch a hockey game from the stands. Hockey is one of the most exciting sports live.

These days, football broadcasts are stupid dumb. I don't need 6 different people to tell me my titans are mediocre. But hockey people shouldn't hate football because the game translates better to TV. That means more people watch and that means more money in their pockets. CREAM is in full effect here...(if you don't know what CREAM means, google it)

ChesterCopperpot1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:26 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
I get it, Hockey also basketball, are two sports where players aren't standing around for 35 seconds at a time.
11 minutes of football during a game versus 60 minutes of hockey during the game.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:14 AM
AintLifeGrand

What are y'all complaining about??

We sell out our arena on the reg; the Preds seem to be the hottest team in town all year, and the coverage and fan reception to the team/hockey blows what we had in Atlanta out of the water

Nashville feels like a hockey town. It felt like more of a hockey town when I used to drive up for tournaments (Nashville shootout) in the late 90s than Atlanta ever has

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote