HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Milwaukee Admirals and Cincinnati Cyclones Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2011, 02:13 PM
cjerina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Is there ANYONE healthy in Nashville's system?
Dustin Sproat's gone for the season in Cincy with a knee injury from this past weekend.

Old
04-05-2011, 04:44 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...4/0405ATO.html

Beck and Latta signed with Milwaukee

Old
04-05-2011, 05:23 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
I guess I forgot that we have somewhat raided the Ads cupboard these last couple of months.

Are all of these kids going to be too old for juniors next year and thus likely Ads next fall anyway?

Old
04-05-2011, 05:33 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I guess I forgot that we have somewhat raided the Ads cupboard these last couple of months.

Are all of these kids going to be too old for juniors next year and thus likely Ads next fall anyway?
Watson is too young and this is only a short term thing

Latta and Beck are full time and so will Ellis.

COR will be full time for the AHL too if his team lose in the Q. Aronson will be 20 in Dec.

EDIT: Weird Cahill is no longer on the ads roster. Any announcement of release?

Old
04-05-2011, 06:10 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Watson is too young and this is only a short term thing

Latta and Beck are full time and so will Ellis.

COR will be full time for the AHL too if his team lose in the Q. Aronson will be 20 in Dec.

Cahill was released, as were Bates and McBride. See the Ads Roundtable.

Old
04-06-2011, 08:55 AM
cjerina

Quote:
Yup, from the Ads yesterday:

Quote:
Milwaukee, WI— The Milwaukee Admirals announced today the signing of winger Taylor Beck and center Mike Latta to amateur tryout contracts (ATO). In addition, the Admirals have released forward Chris Cahill from his ATO.

Old
04-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Beck and Latta to debut tonight. Beck playing with Thuresson and Van Guilder. Latta between Begin and Watson. Looking forward to getting reports after the game!

Old
04-06-2011, 10:07 PM
adsfan

Craig Smith of UW-Madison, is rumored to be next to show up in Milwaukee.

Old
04-06-2011, 10:16 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Beck and Latta to debut tonight. Beck playing with Thuresson and Van Guilder. Latta between Begin and Watson. Looking forward to getting reports after the game!
Beck was on the ice for both GR goals. Latta wasn't on the ice for any of the three goals scored in the Griffins 2-1 win in Milwaukee.

Old
04-06-2011, 11:42 PM
adsfan

Coach Lane Lambert from the Admirals Roundtable.

“I liked Latta. He plays hard and he’s got some skills. I think the one thing about him is his pace to the game, but he does a lot of things well in terms of competing.

“I thought Beck got an eye-opener tonight. He’s going to have to compete a lot harder for me, because he’s a big guy, but there wasn’t enough…..there were a couple of moments where he had the puck down below the goal line that he was pretty good…. But on their second goal, all he’s got to do is finish Tatar behind the net and it’s a dead play. These are little things here that when you get guys out of junior hockey, that you need to fix, and there’s not a lot of time to fix it right now. “

Old
04-09-2011, 02:15 AM
adsfan

Milwaukee lost their third game in a row, each by one goal, tying their season long streak. The 3-2 loss to Texas on Friday was difficult to watch.

I thought that the team underperformed on the whole. Latta and Beck did okay when they played. Watson wore down as the game went on. Conacher played hard but was repeatedly stopped by bodychecks and separated from the puck. He is too small to play in the AHL at the moment. Foss was okay. He had the puck in open ice in the neutral zone. A Texas player skated up and broke Foss' stick. No call by special blind referee Chris "Chiapeta" Ciamaga. Foss stood there for a second or two and then headed for the bench. He seemed totally surprised by the turn of events.

The Admirals need to get away from the boards in the O-zone, especially when bringing the puck across the blue line. Texas stopped Milwaukee without giving a shot so many times that it was maddening. In the third period, Milwaukee had a 4 on 2 and didn't get a shot off.

Bourque threw as many bodychecks as the rest of the team put together.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:07 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Admirals clinch the division if they can hang on for 8 minutes...

Old
04-10-2011, 01:38 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Admirals clinch the division if they can hang on for 8 minutes...
The Milwaukee Admirals set a new AHL record on Saturday by winning 4-3 at Peoria. Ryan Thang scored with 6.5 seconds remaining in regulation. Milwaukee has gone 16 road games in a row without losing in regulation. This points streak propelled Milwaukee to the Western Conference regular season title. They will have home ice advantage in the playoffs until the league finals, if they get that far.

Congrats to Coach Lane Lambert and the Admirals on another 100 point season!:

Old
04-10-2011, 03:49 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Aaron Sims with a great call of the GWG.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...e%20winner.mp3

Old
04-11-2011, 12:08 PM
SChan*

whats the news on klasen

Old
04-11-2011, 01:46 PM
AdmiralsFan24

I think he's out for the season.

Admirals face Texas in the playoffs starting on Thursday. They finished the season 1-3-1-1 against the Stars.

Old
04-13-2011, 09:17 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SChan* View Post
whats the news on klasen
Don't know, no definitive word about Klasen or Dekanich. No news tells me that they aren't playing in the first round, I hope that I am wrong.

Old
04-14-2011, 08:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

AHL announces that they're shaving 6 games off of the regular season, and going to a best of 5 in the first round of the playoffs, all starting next season.

Old
04-14-2011, 09:20 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
AHL announces that they're shaving 6 games off of the regular season, and going to a best of 5 in the first round of the playoffs, all starting next season.
wow.. cant imagine the NHL ever giving up revenue like that

Old
04-14-2011, 12:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Cyclones are done after losing their 1st rd. series 3-1. reason being the only solid scorer for the Clones was Ryan Suter's brother Garrett who scored 4 goals in 4 games.

AHL playoffs starts for the Ads tonight against the Stars.

Old
04-14-2011, 01:12 PM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
wow.. cant imagine the NHL ever giving up revenue like that
Playoff games (the 1st couple rounds at least) are almost always losers in terms of revenue, so not a surprise there. If the Milwaukee attendance tonight is more than 3k, I would be shocked.

Similarly cutting down the season by 4 will probably eliminate a couple weekday games, again, which rarely pack an AHL arena (besides maybe Hershey and Winnipeg)

Old
04-14-2011, 04:30 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Actually only 4 games. AHL only plays 80 regular season games.

Old
04-14-2011, 04:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
Playoff games (the 1st couple rounds at least) are almost always losers in terms of revenue, so not a surprise there. If the Milwaukee attendance tonight is more than 3k, I would be shocked.

Similarly cutting down the season by 4 will probably eliminate a couple weekday games, again, which rarely pack an AHL arena (besides maybe Hershey and Winnipeg)
I wonder why that is (the playoff bit). I know it's not apples to apples, but as I understand it, in the NHL, a playoff round means about an extra 2-4 million in revenue. Interesting, though.

Old
04-14-2011, 04:53 PM
AdmiralsFan24

There's not a lot of time to promote the playoffs, plus with the weather getting nicer (although it's not nice today) and other options, like the Brewers if they're in town (which they're not) the Admirals kind of take a backseat to outdoor things or things like the Brewers.

It's a shame because playoff hockey at the AHL level is exciting. Just looking back as far as I can on attendance in the playoffs for the Admirals. They've averaged 3,339 in the 1st round from 2006-2010. 3,296 in the 2nd round, 3,584 in the Conference Finals (only 2 games) and 5,685 in the Calder Cup Finals (3 games).

It's a shame they don't get more pub in the city. They put out a great product year after year thanks in part to the Nashville development program. They're never talked about on the radio unless it's Jon Greenberg going on a radio spot for 540 ESPN which happens every couple of weeks during the season I would guess. I don't think I've ever heard an interview or anyone talking about them on 1250 WSSP (their flagship). And I only heard them talked about once on 620 WTMJ about a week ago with Jon Greenberg promoting them being in the playoffs in the morning.

Old
04-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Gabriel Bourque = Playoff Beast

5 points for Bourque tonight as the Ads defeat Texas by a 5-2 final. Jeremy Smith gets the win in net and Chris Mueller with 4 points on the night playing with Bourque as well. Ryan Thang picks up the other goal.

If you recall, Bourque had that unbelievable game last year in the WJC's, he was the Playoff MVP in the QMJHL last season setting or tying a single-season playoff scoring record, and now he starts his rookie campaign in the AHL with a 5 point game?!?!

Bourque started the season a bit slow, but has really come a long way this season and is now an offensive catalyst for the Ads playing on the first line. Will be very interested to see how he continues to develop. Great pick though...kid loves to play in big games!

Closed Thread