HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Milwaukee Admirals and Cincinnati Cyclones Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2009, 09:27 AM
AdmiralsShortShifts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
What were the Blackhawks doing at the BC? Exhibition?
I guess the NHL was looking at potential expansion sites back in 1992, and they had a bunch of neutral sight games. The BC also hosted a game between Washington and Detroit that year.

Old
11-10-2009, 12:53 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Cykes Update - 11/5/-11/7

Week in Review
The Cykes played three in three nights over the weekend, hosting Johnstown and then playing a home-and-home with Toledo. The Cyclones found no problems putting the biscuit in the basket, with 13 goals over the three games; however, they also had major problems keeping the puck out of their own net, as they gave up 12 goals and dropped a pair of tilts.

The Cyclones rallied back in the second period after falling 3-0 down to Johnstown in the first, with goals from rookie sensation Matt Pierce (6), Mark O'Leary (1), and the first professional goal for forward Bryan Leitch. But Johnstown defender Greg Gallagher (2) blasted one home early in the third, and it was good enough to give the Chiefs the W.

Hosting Toledo the following night in front of a massive crowd, the Cykes bounced back and got a win, but it was far from easy. The Walleye tied the game with a goal from Evan Rankin (4) late in the second period, but the Cyclones took control in the third and got contributions from Matt Pierce (7), Dustin Sproat (3), and Scott Reynolds (2) snagged the empty netter to seal what looked to be an important win for Cincinnati.

Back in Toledo, though, things would be a bit different. The Cyclones hung in the contest but were ultimately outmatched by the Walleye on home ice, even with a two goal effort from Dustin Sproat (4, 5) and a banner night for defender Reid Cashman (4 assists, +2), the Cykes were outlasted in an offensive slug fest.

Cincinnati will travel to Kalamazoo for a pair of games this Friday and Saturday against the K-Wings.

Results
11/5/09 - Cincinnati 3 vs. Johnstown 4 (Attendance: 1,660)
11/6/09 - Cincinnati 5 vs. Toledo 2 (Attendance: 10,920)
11/7/09 - Cincinnati 5 at Toledo 6

Transactions

Chris Mueller - Recalled by Milwaukee
Adam Henrich - Acquired from Ontario
Jon Landry - Traded to Ontario
Jamie Coghlan - Reactivated from IR
Barret Ehgoetz - Reactivated from IR
Kevin Roeder - Placed on 3-day IR

Cyclones' Top Fives
NameGoals
Matt Pierce, F*9
Dustin Sproat, F*5
Adam Henrich, F (+)5
Mark Voakes, C* - X3

NameAssists
Reid Cashman, D8
Dustin Sproat, F6
Brock Sheahan, D4
Brett Robinson, F*4
Adam Henrich, F (+)4

NamePoints
Dustin Sproat, F11
Matt Pierce, F*11
Reid Cashman, D9
Adam Henrich, F (+)9
Mark Voakes, C* - X5

NamePlus-Minus
Mark Voakes, C* - X+6
Matt Pierce, F*+2
Scott Reynolds, F+2
Brock Sheahan, D+1
Five TiedEven

NamePenalty Minutes
Dustin Sproat, F15
Adam Henrich, F (+)10
Brett Robinson, F*8
Brock Sheahan, D8
Mark Voakes, C* - X8

NameShots
Matt Pierce, F*24
Adam Henrich, F (+)23
Mike McLean, LW23
Dustin Sproat, F20
Two Tied14

NameShooting Percentage
Mark O'Leary, F (+).286
Matt Pierce, F*.273
Mark Voakes, C* - X.214
Adam Henrich, F (+).179
Barret Ehgoetz, C.167

X - On injured reserve
(+) - Includes stats with other teams
* - Rookie

Goaltending Statistics
No.NamePos.GPStartsW-L-OTMinutesGAGAASavesSave%SO
29Robert Mayer*G332-1-0180103.3365.8670
30Jeremy Smith*G663-3-0357162.69131.8911

Old
11-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Worst, not to be picky or anything (o.k., yes I am being picky), but the Cyclones are the "Clones", NOT the "Cykes".

Old
11-13-2009, 04:54 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

You know it's your night when Hugh Jessiman is a +3.

Old
11-14-2009, 09:29 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Callahan said something about a line brawl. I want video.

Old
11-14-2009, 09:57 PM
OpenWheel

How's Laakso been playing? I was going to switch avatars. But not when the big club is playing so well. That would be like a jinx. I can be happy even if "my guy" isn't around.

Old
11-22-2009, 08:32 PM
WartracePred

Wacey Rabbit

Just noticed that Wacey had an assist in tonight's win for the Admirals. Someone please tell me his name isn't pronounced phonetically. Is it a Frenchie name -- maybe Czech????

Old
11-22-2009, 09:46 PM
thrillhous

Actually he is of aboriginal descent. From Lethbridge, Alberta I believe. His name is pronounced phonetically.

Old
11-23-2009, 12:56 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I'm sure this joke is played out, but all I can think of is this

Old
11-27-2009, 10:45 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Chet Pickard recorded his first professional shutout tonight in Cedar Park. After giving up seven goals in his professional debut, he has whittled away at those bad numbers and turned them into something spectacular:

8 GP, 8 GS, 5-1-2, .929 Save Percentage, 1.97 GAA, 1 Shutout

Admirals and Lady Admirals, your new starting goaltender.

Old
11-27-2009, 11:13 PM
OpenWheel

Wilson hasn't gotten going at all with them yet. Zero shots in his first game, then two, now tonight they had 31 shots and he had zero again. One other shot in there somewhere because he is shown as three shots in four games.

I know he was out there, as I heard him on a couple defensive zone draws, and once bringing it into their zone, trying to push around a defender and making a pass that was intercepted by the opposition.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 11-27-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old
11-28-2009, 09:50 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Chet Pickard recorded his first professional shutout tonight in Cedar Park. After giving up seven goals in his professional debut, he has whittled away at those bad numbers and turned them into something spectacular:

8 GP, 8 GS, 5-1-2, .929 Save Percentage, 1.97 GAA, 1 Shutout

Admirals and Lady Admirals, your new starting goaltender.
And the main reason why I think twice about any trade offers for Rinne....

Old
11-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
I'm sure this joke is played out, but all I can think of is this
Gotta call him up for one game vs the Ducks so we can have the daffy duck videos to go with Elmer Fudd

Old
11-28-2009, 01:06 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Gotta call him up for one game vs the Ducks so we can have the daffy duck videos to go with Elmer Fudd
Wabbit season!

Duck season!

Wabbit season!

Duck Season!

Old
11-29-2009, 08:54 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Pickard got yanked against the Rampage who went on a, um, rampage. 5-1 for the 'Yote Cubs. Interestingly enough, he had the better save percentage of the two goalies (3 goals on 23 shots versus Dekanich's 2 goals on 12 shots).

The Nailers wiped the floor with Cincy last night, but I wouldn't really expect anything less with Robert Mayer between the pipes. That guy is awful.

As an aside, Brett MacLean is going to be a very good hockey player.

Old
11-29-2009, 02:18 PM
OpenWheel

Colin Wilson finally had a point. The second assist on a Ryan Jones goal. The call I heard described it as a drop pass back to Dietrich at the point who shot which was blocked near the goal and Jones banged home the loose puck. Wilson had just one shot in the game so he has four shots in five games with one assist. His +/- was zero last night so I believe he's minus one over the five games. Playing mostly with Jones and Spaling I believe.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 11-29-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old
12-02-2009, 11:32 PM
thrillhous

Tonight Wilson had a primary assist, one SOG and a +1. How has he looked Ads fans?

Old
12-03-2009, 12:57 AM
OpenWheel

I'm curious too. I listened to the internet radio feed, and it seemed like the first game where I heard his name quite a bit, although he wasn't singled out for much praise post game. But the previous three games I've listened to he was like the invisible man. And when he did have the puck it really sounded as if he was forcing it. So tonight's game sounded a lot better.

His assist was called on the radio as a good play by Blum to corral a free puck, take it in across the blue line all the way down low to start the cycle, behind the net to Wilson in the corner, who made a good feed to Olvecky who had driven the net and took the feed and scored. There's a nice vid of it on the Admiral website. It was good play by all three guys. Wilson showed good vision and made a fast decision and put it right on the tape.

But what made me laugh was with a minute or two left in regulation, Wilson skates it up ice and the announcer is on it as soon as he gets the puck "Wilson, your first round 2008 pick... Heading up the ice with speed... GOING TO THE NET! FEED RIGHT IN FRONT! ooooooohhhhhh Somehow that got through Yonkman..." I had rarely heard such disappointment in an announcers voice lol. Must have been some net open. I had to laugh.

Another time midway in the third Wilson fed one from the corner and whoever caught the feed supposedly pulled the shot wide from not far out. "He had three feet of open net" was the call.

But I must have heard the only plays he was in on, because the announcer complimented about four admirals for outstanding play and Wilson wasn't one of them.

Wilson was first skater in the shootout and announcer said he created space for his shot but the Peoria goalie made a glove save.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 12-03-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old
12-03-2009, 10:07 AM
AdmiralsShortShifts

Wilson continues to be rather invisible. He's getting major minutes as the second-line center and played alongside Peter Olvecky and Mark Santorelli last night.

The assist was in-fact a nice play. Just as OpenWheel said - it was a good, quick decision and a well-executed pass.

This was actually our first chance to see him live since this was the Ads first home game since he was re-assigned. We think he really played rather timidly. The thing we kept reading about on his scouting report was how physical he played. There was NONE of that. The next time he hits someone will be his first.

He did sort-of kind-of try to almost get in a fight - but it ended up going nowhere.

I spoke with David Poile about Wilson last night and he believes the physical nature of Wilson's injury is still causin him to hold back a little bit.

Old
12-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsShortShifts View Post
Wilson continues to be rather invisible. He's getting major minutes as the second-line center and played alongside Peter Olvecky and Mark Santorelli last night.

The assist was in-fact a nice play. Just as OpenWheel said - it was a good, quick decision and a well-executed pass.

This was actually our first chance to see him live since this was the Ads first home game since he was re-assigned. We think he really played rather timidly. The thing we kept reading about on his scouting report was how physical he played. There was NONE of that. The next time he hits someone will be his first.

He did sort-of kind-of try to almost get in a fight - but it ended up going nowhere.

I spoke with David Poile about Wilson last night and he believes the physical nature of Wilson's injury is still causin him to hold back a little bit.

The guy Wilson wanted to fight, would not! He had cross-checked him after every faceoff that Wilson won....which was plenty. Wilson clearly wanted to fight, the other guy wanting nothing to do with it.

Wilson's injury is the reason he is here in the first place. Not because of his play in Nashville. This may explain a few things out there

Old
12-03-2009, 04:46 PM
NordFan27

This sucks

Old
12-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordFan27 View Post
This sucks
May I ask why?

Old
12-03-2009, 08:38 PM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
May I ask why?
Im guessing b/c hes a Cyc fan and doesn't want to lose Smith?

Dekanich was a solid goalie last year, so if he can get his head on straight, you'll be fine in Cincy with him.

Old
12-04-2009, 09:17 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Wow......just wow.

Closed Thread