HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Milwaukee Admirals and Cincinnati Cyclones Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
Wilsons fight was a result of Kearns crosschecking him in the back and when he turned around he crosschecked him in the face.....not sure why. Anyone know if Kearns was the guy Wilson "layed out" with a huge hit in the first period?
That may explain why Kearns was going after Wilson.
Wilson played fast and strong again! Maybe his injury is over with? .....here's hoping!
I thought he and Scratchard played well together. Also liked Muller on that line.
The powerplay has picked it up significantly!

Old
01-10-2010, 01:56 PM
thrillhous

How has Wilson looked in the last few games? Does he still appear to be laboring from groin problems?

Old
01-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Watched Peoria game today. Admirals dominated. Had the puck 75% of the game.
Pickard would have had the shut out, but Ovechky took a stupid hooking penalty end of the third.
Wilson looked strong and fast today. Made some incredible plays. Great feed to Santorelli for the 1st goal. Set up some others, but didn't get buried. Also hit a post late in the third. Confidence, speed and strength all seem to be coming back! Now, he just has to bury his chances.

Old
01-13-2010, 12:01 AM
thrillhous

Thanks rwb, glad to hear that he's picking it up.

Old
01-14-2010, 10:50 AM
stupendousman

How has Blum performed this year in the AHL after lighting up the WHL last season?

Old
01-16-2010, 08:26 PM
WartracePred

Watching the Admirals tonight on the net and Wilson is a dominating presence. In the first period, he has drawn a penalty, has a goal, and an assist. Last night also had a goal and an assist. He's playing alongside O'Reilly and Santorelli on the power play. If he continues strong offensive play and barring another rash of injuries, will he get another chance in Nashville this year? And what role would Trotz place him in. Can't imagine placing him on one of the top two lines. But that is where he is supposed to contribute.

Last edited by WartracePred: 01-16-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old
01-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Watching the Admirals tonight on the net and Wilson is a dominating presence. In the first period, he has drawn a penalty, has a goal, and an assist. Last night also had a goal and an assist. He's playing alongside O'Reilly and Santorelli on the power play. If he continues strong offensive play and barring another rash of injuries, will he get another chance in Nashville this year? And what role would Trotz place him in. Can't imagine placing him on one of the top two lines. But that is where he is supposed to contribute.
Wilson was originally scheduled to play as the third line center this season with Goc serving in a defensive minded role splitting time with Wilson as required. If Wilson continues his development, I could see him recalled to play a fourth line power forward center role with his minutes managed on a per game basis and his unit called upon to serve as a secondary scoring threat expected to play strong two-way hockey and get additional minutes on special teams.

Regardless, this is a great problem to have as an organization and the internal battle for playing time will result in seeing the best performance every night from every player...

Old
01-16-2010, 09:10 PM
OpenWheel

I'm listening on the 'net, but my connection is lame so I'm not catching vid.

Wilson just had another assist. So he has a goal and two assists so far, Ads lead 4-1. Not sure what he did, he was the secondary assist, but just after the most recent goal the announcer hollered "what a play by Colin Wilson!" Then my feed sputtered and I didn't catch what really happened.

They interviewed Wilson prior to the game and he said since they were going to be off for many days he wanted to play well this game so he could enjoy the days off.

Cool that he's having two good games in Winnipeg where he grew up. Pickard playing well tonight so far, and he also is from Winnipeg.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 01-16-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old
01-16-2010, 09:18 PM
WartracePred

So what is his defensive skill set like? All Preds are supposed to play responsible two-way hockey. Wilson seems to be showing his offensive ability - finally. But is he ready defensively? Would he not be better served to stay in Milwaukee and get tons of minutes - continue to develop. The Preds aren't starving for goals now that Horny has come on. Does Trotz slow Wilson's development just to get a little more offense in Nashville? Is it more likely the closer we get to the playoffs? I read somewhere that Wilson might give us a little scoring punch instead of picking up a rental at the trade deadline.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:22 PM
WartracePred

[QUOTE=OpenWheel;23237715]I'm listening on the 'net, but my connection is lame so I'm not catching vid.

Wilson just had another assist. So he has a goal and two assists so far, Ads lead 4-1. Not sure what he did, he was the secondary assist, but just after the most recent goal the announcer hollered "what a play by Colin Wilson!" Then my feed sputtered and I didn't catch what really happened.

He carried the puck into the zone with someone in his face and threw the puck on net. He was able to get off a shot with a defenseman blanketing him. There was a rebound and we got a garbage goal.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:37 PM
OpenWheel

Thanks.

Just as I finish tossing a few things around because they score a second goal on Pickard, the Ads score just that quick. Wilson on the feed. 5-2

Ads radio man says "a few weeks ago I was asked by someone from Nashville if Wilson was figuring it out yet. I said there were some signs that he was. If they asked me tonight I'd say I don't know how much longer he will be here. He's been good. Smart and strong."

Old
01-16-2010, 09:38 PM
WartracePred

Give him one more assist!! Wilson now has a goal and three assists tonight. The announcer said Wilson may not be with the Ads much longer with play like tonight.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:45 PM
adsfan

Quote:
So what is his defensive skill set like? All Preds are supposed to play responsible two-way hockey. Wilson seems to be showing his offensive ability - finally. But is he ready defensively? Would he not be better served to stay in Milwaukee and get tons of minutes - continue to develop. The Preds aren't starving for goals now that Horny has come on. Does Trotz slow Wilson's development just to get a little more offense in Nashville? Is it more likely the closer we get to the playoffs? I read somewhere that Wilson might give us a little scoring punch instead of picking up a rental at the trade deadline.
He is a good forechecker. He gets deep in the zone with speed and tries to get his stick on the puck. In the neutral zone he has started throwing some Scott Stevens-like hits. He didn't do that when he was first sent down to Milwaukee.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:59 PM
WartracePred

He had a Stevens-like hit tonight as well. Leveled someone while he was carrying the puck. Just announced as the 1st star tonight. Let's hope he continues his growth. Wasn't tentative at all because of his groin injury. Keep your fingers crossed that his injury is behind him (or at least not affecting his physical play). Maybe he can finish the season where he started -- in Nashville.

Old
01-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Seth Lake

Ben Eaves was named an assistant coach Thursday for the Tampa Bay AHL affiliate Norfolk Admirals...

http://www.norfolkadmirals.com/relea...y1.php?id=1743

Old
01-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
He had a Stevens-like hit tonight as well. Leveled someone while he was carrying the puck. Just announced as the 1st star tonight. Let's hope he continues his growth. Wasn't tentative at all because of his groin injury. Keep your fingers crossed that his injury is behind him (or at least not affecting his physical play). Maybe he can finish the season where he started -- in Nashville.
Got another goal tonight in the 6 3 loss. Actually had two goals but they called the first one off. Clearly Macintyre caught it way inside the net, but with no video.....no goal.

Old
01-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Laakso out after the second period. First game back! Thought maybe Pickard should have been put in after the 2nd or 3rd goal.

Old
01-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Got another goal tonight in the 6 3 loss. Actually had two goals but they called the first one off. Clearly Macintyre caught it way inside the net, but with no video.....no goal.
Was Wilson playing center or wing tonight?

Old
01-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

He started the game at center. Lambert needed to mix the lines up for the third. He had Wilson on the wing with O'Reilly in the third

Old
01-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Seth Lake

Got home late and just caught the last five minutes of the third, OT, and the shootout...however, after not leading at any time during the game...the Admirals pull out a 3-2 shootout win at San Antonio.

The brothers Santorelli (Mark first, then Mike third), Sulzer, and Wilson scored in the long shootout that featured two blown opportunities by the Admirals to win first when Wacey Rabbit cranked a slap shot off both posts behind Rampage goalie Josh Tjordman in the fifth round and then Peter Olvecky striking the left post in the seventh round after beating Tjordman with a deke...

Wilson looked pretty strong on the puck and appeared to be skating with good speed and as much agility as he's ever demonstrated in the past. Colin's skating is very similar to Arnott. They take a while to get going and don't have a quick change of direction, but can move once they get their feet going and are difficult to knock off the puck whenever it's within their reach.

Colin made a nice play in OT to strip Rampage defenseman David Schlemko from behind on the forecheck and create an offensive opportunity, but beyond that I really didn't get to watch much of his game.

Sulzer with a goal in regulation and in the shootout looked very sharp and was leaned on heavily both as the clock wound down and throughout OT. He looked very happy to be playing...

Old
01-24-2010, 07:01 PM
goalscorer

How's Chet looking? Any chance of letting Rinne or Ellis go at the deadline and bringing him up as a true backup?

Old
01-26-2010, 10:55 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
I was at that game. It was a bogus call by Croft. He never even looked at the goal judge, who immediately turned on the red light. Lane was clearly upset by the call.

goalscorer: Neither goalie is ready for the NHL. Some nights they don't look ready for the AHL, especially Dekanich. He is having the sophomore jinx. Pickard is a wall one night and a sieve the next, which is typical of a goalie who has moved up. What I don't understand is why Dekanich didn't show that up and down play last season. Nashville should had held onto to MacIntyre for one more season. The Admirals goaltending has been the biggest problem this season.

Old
01-27-2010, 05:38 AM
goalscorer

^^^ Thanks for the info.

I've always read about how deep or d and goaltending pool is. Doesnt really seem that way though, especially after reading your comments.

Old
01-27-2010, 07:10 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
^^^ Thanks for the info.

I've always read about how deep or d and goaltending pool is. Doesnt really seem that way though, especially after reading your comments.
Next season will be better. These two have potential, they just don't always show it. Pickard stopped 15 of 20 last night in Texas. Ouch!

Old
01-27-2010, 07:16 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
^^^ Thanks for the info.

Prospects are all about potential. There are few teams with more prospects in goal and on defense than what we have.

Closed Thread