HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

PS #2 - 09.16.09 | NY Rangers @ NJ Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG PLUS (HD)

Old
09-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Maccaroni good effort nice try see you in a checkers jersey
pissmiller sucks big time
Arnason we signed this guy why?
Parenteau great show see you in Hartford
Lisin looks great hustles every shift
Gilroy looks great as a 4th forward but he is going to be caught deep a lot and his partner might have nightmares
Kotalik reminds me of Tim Kerr

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I think there should be some kind of disclaimer...

Lisin and Zherdev are NOT the same person.

No reason what so ever to be hating on Lisin. He played well. Better then most of the guys the last two nights. Only a couple stood out above the rest.

Gilroy and Del Zotto.

Lisin, Grachev, Anisimov, Higgins and Prospal were equal.

Avery was decent the first half of game 2.

Kotalik was decent in both games.

Otherwise no one rose the bar so high that Lisin's hard work was put to shame.

He played well. Showed some flashes.

This hate is ridiculous.

Again... He is NOT Zherdev.
SM I can understand that some folks are maybe not as enamored with Lisin as you, but youve taken it to far the other way. Every post youve made is hyping or protecting Lisin. The kid is good and has a lot of skills, no question, but if he makes some mistakes and someone gets on him about it, its ok.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM
NYR Viper

[QUOTE=Bleed Ranger Blue;21128318]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Well Gilroy was the best player on the ice tonight so I would totally agree but saying Grachev was FAR better than Lisin IMO isnt true. Yes, Grachev played very well, and by no means am I putting his play down but Lisin actually played pretty well and created a few chances. I dont see why you think thats a (Im guessing you meant blinding) "blinding" love affair.[/QUOTE]

No, no, I meant BINDING, as in "ohhh, I like this prospect and Im going to like him and pump him up no matter what."

Lisin was just as "impressive" as say, P.A. Parenteau tonight. They both showed some flashes, but were overall nonfactors for large portions of the game. I respect Lisin's abilities...I just dont think he'll crack a roster with a lot of established forwards.
Hmm, I can respect your opinion. I thought he played pretty well and was normally around the puck or helping create some offense. His speed and size are a very nice combination and over the past couple of games he has gotten at least 3(that i can remember) chances to score.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:15 PM
NYR Viper

Did anyone else get the impression that Parenteau may be one of those players on the bubble? He got A LOT of ice time the past couple of nights and they seemed to be looking to see what he can do. I wouldnt mind seeing him as the 13th forward over someone like Voros as he brings some extra offense.

Old
09-16-2009, 09:16 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Gilroy - Staal should be the pairing this year imo. Cut Gilroy loose, and let Staal clean up the mistakes. Could work out beautifully.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Did anyone else get the impression that Parenteau may be one of those players on the bubble? He got A LOT of ice time the past couple of nights and they seemed to be looking to see what he can do. I wouldnt mind seeing him as the 13th forward over someone like Voros as he brings some extra offense.
I wouldn't care too much if he did, he hasn't shown much though, and I think I prefer him grooming kids in Hartford by providing them a good linemate.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Good point, considering his age, I think Parenteau would be a very good 13th forward for this team. Dont want to have a younger guy with promise in the pressbox every night.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:20 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I wouldn't care too much if he did, he hasn't shown much though, and I think I prefer him grooming kids in Hartford by providing them a good linemate.
That is very true but since they signed Locke and would have Voros, Rissmiller and Arnason(potentially) they may have enough veteran forwards.

I am also kind of surprised Torts didnt try Parenteau and Anisimov together as they played together in Hartford.

Old
09-16-2009, 09:22 PM
AXN

Why no Kotalik in a shootout? He is not bad in them.
Great goal by Gilroy.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:23 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
Why no Kotalik in a shootout? He is not bad in them.
Great goal by Gilroy.
Kotalik went first and was stopped. I was expecting a shot, but he deked.

Old
09-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post
Gilroy and Ochocinco were awesome tonight.
+2

Gilroy's offensive instincts are great; ES Goal and a SO goal. Johnson was very, very good in net.

Oh, and the PROSPECTS are supposed to go in the shootout... last time I checked, Shanahan, Zajac, Parise, Clarkson and Rolston aren't prospects.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Probably asked earlier but how come Grachev didn't go in the shootout? I was kind of disappointed not to see him go.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Unlike last night, I was very impressed with the play of Gilroy...best Ranger on the ice.
Agreed, he kicked it up (offensively and defensively) a gear or three. looked much more clam and confident in his own zone. Still could use some seasoning in his own end, but overall color me impressed.

Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni1994 View Post
+2

Gilroy's offensive instincts are great; ES Goal and a SO goal. Johnson was very, very good in net.

Oh, and the PROSPECTS are supposed to go in the shootout... last time I checked, Shanahan, Zajac, Parise, Clarkson and Rolston aren't prospects.
well, to be fair, t=neither are Prospal and Kotalik

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykedout66 View Post
Gilroy - Staal should be the pairing this year imo. Cut Gilroy loose, and let Staal clean up the mistakes. Could work out beautifully.
Reminiscent of the Beukeboom-Leetch pairing?

Old
GAGLine

Quote:
I agree. He's at an age where he won't benefit from more time in the AHL. He's on a one-way contract, so he's getting paid either way. And like Potter, he's probably a good candidate as a spare player, precisely because of his age. I'm sure at this point he'll be happy to be up here, even if it's only for 25-30 games.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
morffin

Sather

I got a lot of grief this summer for defending Sather ... had to stop posting on my old board ( Daily News ) because of all the insults hurled at me ....but Sather has done a great job these last 3 - 4 years .... completely rebuilt the worst scouting system in the lg and transformed the oldest and worst farm team in the lg into a system that is turning out players that know how to play the game.

He got Gilroy to sign with us and stole Johnson from Pitt for a # 5 pick! Grachev...AA ..DZ ..tons of young talent.

I went to my first Ranger game in 1969 ...and I cant recall ever having so many talented kids in this org.

The time to stop bashing Sather might have passed ...he completely sucked his first few years here as GM but has been very good since the lockout ....except for the Redden contract of course....

.good time to be a Ranger fan.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:29 PM
GAGLine

Johnson has a great glove hand and his positioning was good. Very much like what I saw from him.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
well, to be fair, t=neither are Prospal and Kotalik
True, but at least the Rangers put in a handful of their prospects while the Devils put in all of their vets.

Old
09-16-2009, 09:30 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Also, I don't get why people are bashing Lisin, I think he had a very strong game. If that puck doesn't roll up on him he even could've been the big hero. Great competitive drive in him, really not your "typical" skilled Russian forward.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
I got a lot of grief this summer for defending Sather ... had to stop posting on my old board ( Daily News ) because of all the insults hurled at me ....but Sather has done a great job these last 3 - 4 years .... completely rebuilt the worst scouting system in the lg and transformed the oldest and worst farm team in the lg into a system that is turning out players that know how to play the game.

He got Gilroy to sign with us and stole Johnson from Pitt for a # 5 pick! Grachev...AA ..DZ ..tons of young talent.

I went to my first Ranger game in 1969 ...and I cant recall ever having so many talented kids in this org.

The time to stop bashing Sather might have passed ...he completely sucked his first few years here as GM but has been very good since the lockout ....except for the Redden contract of course....

.good time to be a Ranger fan.
Ehh, its early for these kids, but I certainly dont see a bona-fide blue chipper.

But Sather has done a good job building up the prospect depth. You'd still love to see that one can't miss guy. Maybe it was Cherepanov but, tragically, we'll never know.

Old
09-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
Also, I don't get why people are bashing Lisin, I think he had a very strong game. If that puck doesn't roll up on him he even could've been the big hero. Great competitive drive in him, really not your "typical" skilled Russian forward.
Ive been getting crap for Lisin cause people think I hate him. I dont. I think hes been alright.

All Im saying is alright isnt going to win a roster spot.

Old
09-16-2009, 09:33 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Personally I am against pairing Gilroy with Staal. IMO Staal has some untapped offensive potential and having to cover for Gilroy all game will stunt its development.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:35 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ehh, its early for these kids, but I certainly dont see a bona-fide blue chipper.

But Sather has done a good job building up the prospect depth. You'd still love to see that one can't miss guy. Maybe it was Cherepanov but, tragically, we'll never know.

the fact we even have kids to talk about is refreshing....the old Rangers would have traded half these kids away by now.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
If you guys are interested, my take on your kids:

Gilroy is outstanding. He's one of those guys who draws the eye to him no matter what he does with the puck, and what he does usually ends up being tremendous - mostly good, but sometimes tremendously bad as well, although that should fade somewhat with experience. I think the Brian Campbell comparison is a good one.

Del Zotto, on the other hand, what somewhat underwhelming. He's going to need some time.

I know you guys are all talking about Lisin, but to be honest, I didn't notice him all that much. I also didn't notice Grachev much unless I actually tried to notice him; he seemed strong on the puck, but I didn't see anything in his game that demands an NHL roster spot right now. I think he needs a year before he'll be a regular. I was disappointed Anisimov wasn't in the lineup because I wanted to see him play.

Parenteau would make a good depth forward, he reminds me a lot of the young kids that the Rangers have had hanging around their roster the last few years (the ones that inevitably get traded to Phoenix).

Owens scored the goal, but was otherwise pretty invisible - although the goal that was scored by that line was a very good one, for all that it was somewhat messy.

For the most part, if my eyes were drawn to a particular player in a Ranger's jersey it was either Gilroy, Prospal, or Johnson in net (who is sort of the inverse of Scott Clemmensen).

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote