HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"That's the Rangers."

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2004, 09:56 PM
NYR2

vCash: 500
"That's the Rangers."

"Clueless, chaos, never get it right." - Ej Hradek on NHL 2Night.

Still the laughing stock. Unreal.

Thank God it's over.

Old
04-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2

Thank God it's over.

The real kicker is that they can't even lose correctly. Most teasm that drop into the severe a rebuilding phase land themselves at least the #1 overall and a couple of 2's or 3's the following seasons before they begin to return to the playoffs. The Ranger, on the other hand, manage to lose yet slip to just below the required position to get into the lottery. And in typical Rangers fashion I'm sure they'll wind up losing and getting knocked down to 7th or 8th spot. Such a rish tradition!

Old
04-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
you know the rangers will never shed this image. the media and fans always need someone to pick at, and even if we do successfully rebuild and become competitive..itll always be "well XX years ago, this team was about the worst team ever, overpaid, lazy, sloppy players." everyones so used to harping on the rangers for 7 years about this, its not going away anytime soon. ive already had countless experiences with other people and fans that still believe the rangers are the pre-trade deadline team. to a lot of people the rangers will always be the overpaid losers...right or wrong.

Old
04-04-2004, 01:09 AM
NYR2

It's just annoying being the laughing stock. Having the guys on tv making fun of the front office about the draft, I forget exactly what Hradek said but it's just embarrassing now. No matter what they do they can't win.

I just want this team to shut everyone up one day. For once I want to hear the fools on ESPN kissing the Rangers ***** like they do with Colorado.

Old
04-04-2004, 01:23 AM
Janerixon

i dont care that they make fun of us, i just wish dolan would care and realize, hey its not just our fans we are alienating but even the sports writers and other teams consider us a joke, maybe its time to take a look in the mirror or at least look into changing the front office ie sather

usually unsuccessful businesses fire management or go bankrupt, apparently the rangers do neither, im just glad i saw them win in 94, my dad had to wait 35 years to see them win it, so i figure we should be back in the playoffs by 2012 and contend for a cup 2039

hockeys different here

Old
04-04-2004, 03:17 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

I'm a B's fan, hope you don't mind an unoffensive outsiders take.....

Well, on the bright side....if the Rangers ever do get it right the media certainly doesn't let ANYONE ever forget when a New York team is good. The aura of 1994 didn't wear off until about year 4 of the playoffs drought. I think the Rangers got quite a bit of slack until last season and then the crap hit the fan this year especially this season because they kept adding players and payroll and getting even worse than ever in the standings. By slack I mean that they kept getting picked to really bust out of the playoff slump all the time right up until a week after Jagr arrived but really Sather just kept adding the wrong guys and stirring the drink incorrectly until the ship just sunk. EJ Hradek and all of those ESPN guys only start the criticism when it's safe--2 months ago they were still saying "the rangers are dangerous with Jagr and they should get in now" and this and that, now that it's safe to rip the Rangers, they do. I'm a Bruins fan so I stuck to my guns all along. But really I would like to see the Rangers spend less, win more, and get back in the hunt...it would be better for everyone in the hockey world to watch them play in the spring again against their fierce rivals in the Devils, Flyers, and Isles with a cohesive unit of their own. That would be pretty exciting, it's getting pretty boring talking about their bloated payroll and selfish stars and all of that. Good rivalries and good hockey is more satisfying everytime. Hopefully Sather (or whoever) does it right this time.

So who are you Ranger fans rooting for in the playoffs anyway? Probably not my Bruins, huh? Oh well. I understand. Cheers anyway.

Old
04-04-2004, 03:59 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
i think most ranger fans right now are saying...

GO LEETCH GO

Old
04-04-2004, 04:28 AM
charliemurphy

Go Brian Leafs

Old
04-04-2004, 04:56 AM
NYR2

Great post Bruins fan. I agree. And no I'm personally not rooting for them in the playoffs, but to make up for it I think Raycroft should win ROY lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
Go Brian Leafs
That's cute.

GO LEETCH!!!!

Old
04-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shirt
you know the rangers will never shed this image. the media and fans always need someone to pick at, and even if we do successfully rebuild and become competitive..itll always be "well XX years ago, this team was about the worst team ever, overpaid, lazy, sloppy players." everyones so used to harping on the rangers for 7 years about this, its not going away anytime soon. ive already had countless experiences with other people and fans that still believe the rangers are the pre-trade deadline team. to a lot of people the rangers will always be the overpaid losers...right or wrong.

The fans lecturing us about how impossible it is the by the Cup are the exact same fans that screamed their heads off in 94 accusing us of buying the Cup!! Lovely double standard.

Old
04-04-2004, 12:19 PM
xevious

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1
I'm a B's fan, hope you don't mind an unoffensive outsiders take.....
Not at all, great analysis by the way. Thanks for stopping by and giving your .02. The "analysts" at ESPN are a bunch of hacks and their NHL TV deal can't expire soon enough as far as I'm concerned. The difference between the NYR and most other teams is that the fans are there every year, win or lose. We'll be back next year (well, most of us will be back anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1
So who are you Ranger fans rooting for in the playoffs anyway? Probably not my Bruins, huh? Oh well. I understand. Cheers anyway.
Not rooting for the B's (although I went to 2 pre-season games up there this season). Nice arena but it did make me a bit dizzy up top. Good luck man, Boston needs PO hockey just as much as we do in NYC. My PO team is the RedWings, one of the few teams with no former Rangers on it (save for Schnieder, another Sather blunder). GO WINGS.

Old
04-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2

Thank God it's over.
EJ Hradek is not a guy that carries a lot of respect around the league anyway. He certainly isn't someone with a lot of "inside" knowledge. He's a pompous guy who inflates his own self worth.

Old
04-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Ontario Habsfan

Another outsiders opinion.

I have a soft spot for the Rangers mainly because at night I get WFAN on my radio. I have great respect for Kenny Albert. Despite the poor on-ice product, you guys have a top-notch Radio announcer.

Sathers Hypocracy has really hurt the Rangers. He was a leader in the cause against throwing money around. He said look poor me stuck in Edmonton with no $ . Then he gets to NY and it's a free spending party. Intead of cleaning up a mess and implementing a sound rebuilding structure he goes crazy with ca$h!

Another thing that bothers people is his helping out the Oilers even now. The Nedved deal was rediculous. he literally bought and gave them a player. It's been revealed that the Leafs wanted Nedved and were willing to make a "hockey deal" for him.

Anyways I just joined here and I'm sure all I posted has been repeated all year long.

You guys are welcome to adopt the Habs for the Playoffs

By the way...One bright spot: You Owned the Islanders.

Old
04-04-2004, 08:51 PM
NYR2

Sather is just a piece of s**t. Plain and simple.

The Nedved thing pissed me off too because of that rumor that Nashville wanted him too, and supposedly their deal was better. For some reason Glen always seems to help out his old team. Can we have York back please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Habsfan
By the way...One bright spot: You Owned the Islanders.
And those 12 points cost us the chance at Ovechkin lol. Even more reason to HATE THAT ****ING TEAM!!

Old
04-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Edge

They're on the wrong network, they should be on NBC doing a sitcom.

I'd love to see a different strokes or facts of life type theme that covers the pain this team has caused its fans over 7 years. {set the to beat of facts of life}

You take the good
you take the bad
you throw up your hands
in Rangerland
yeah in Rangerland
in Rangerland

You take the crap
they take a nap
you can't win a game
in Rangerland
yeah in Rangerland
in Rangerland

Old
04-05-2004, 01:19 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
You guys are welcome to adopt the Habs for the Playoffs
that's a fairly gracious offer considering how we saddled you with kovy for a realy honest to god solid prospect like balej.
well, maybe he'll find his lucky troll doll on the bottom of his closet and start producing more than empty netters.

Old
04-05-2004, 02:58 AM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
{set the to beat of facts of life}

You take the good
you take the bad
you throw up your hands
in Rangerland
yeah in Rangerland
in Rangerland

You take the crap
they take a nap
you can't win a game
in Rangerland
yeah in Rangerland
in Rangerland
:lol

Old
04-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
They're on the wrong network, they should be on NBC doing a sitcom.

I'd love to see a different strokes or facts of life type theme that covers the pain this team has caused its fans over 7 years. {set the to beat of facts of life}

You take the good
you take the bad
you throw up your hands
in Rangerland
yeah in Rangerland
in Rangerland

You take the crap
they take a nap
you can't win a game
in Rangerland
yeah in Rangerland
in Rangerland
Natalie would make a good Stay -at-home D-men don't ya think? Jo as a rugged Power Forward, Blair as the flashy Center, and Tootie is a scrappy Barnaby pest

Old
04-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Ontario Habsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
that's a fairly gracious offer considering how we saddled you with kovy for a realy honest to god solid prospect like balej.
well, maybe he'll find his lucky troll doll on the bottom of his closet and start producing more than empty netters.
Well, I've been watching him closely and I think that he will break out. Every game he gets a little better. You can see the skill is there just waiting to break out. I think he will break out during the playoffs.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:51 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Well, I've been watching him closely and I think that he will break out. Every game he gets a little better. You can see the skill is there just waiting to break out. I think he will break out during the playoffs.
its time to be a little realistic, this is not something thats gone on for 12 or so games, this is something thats been with him ever since last year after leaving the pens.. now you can blame the rangers all you want, that is legit, however other players that have left and experienced success did so right off the bat, kovalev is only getting excuses because you guys are not fed up with him yet considering you just got him but look at the whole picture, hes got what 15 goals this year

Closed Thread